PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy an updated Power Droid figure?

Maerj2000
09-02-2009, 04:32 PM
If Hasbro made a battery operated, walking Power Droid (Gonk Droid) would you buy one, even if it cost a little more than a regular figure? They could put a sensor in it so that when you turn the figure upside down it makes the screaming sound that the one in ROTJ did in Jabba's dungeon. It could even make the 'gonk' sound while walking.

But that's not all! We could add a remote control that is a replica of the droid caller!

Seriously, I'd buy one and would happily pay whatever Hasbro would charge for it! Would you?

vger
09-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I'd actually rather just get a new power droid sculpt without the annoying "walking" feature so it can actually stand up on its own without one of those clear rubber bands around its ankles. Both styles of Gonk would be nice (the same as the POTF2/Saga 2/Battlefront "face" and the one that hasn't been made into a figure yet, I think it was in TPM).

DarkJedi5
09-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Nope! I won't buy any of those remote controlled astromechs and a power droid is no different. Like vger I'd much rather just have a droid without the stupid walking function which for my droids, have always made it difficult to stand them up.

Snowtrooper
09-03-2009, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't necessarily want a walking power droid, but I've always wanted to see the E1 power droid made.

RoonStones
09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I'd buy one if

a) it was based on the Power Droid from the Sandcrawler
b) it Gonked
c) it could take its revenge on EV-9D9 and 8D8 :P

pbarnard
09-03-2009, 01:27 PM
While standing on its own two feet would be nice, unless an updated one urinates, or the droid equivalent, lightning or deficates, again droid equivalent, thunder, I'll pass.

Darth Jax
09-03-2009, 06:42 PM
i'd buy a new gonk droid, but not the one described in post 1.

the voice chip that can squeal wouldn't keep me from getting it, but the remote control/walking action would.

morpheus282
09-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't buy it just for the walking action, that would probably make the price point a little too high. I'd like to see basic figure of it with a sound chip that made the "gonk" noise - that would be totally sweet.

Droide
09-03-2009, 07:02 PM
If Hasbro made a battery operated, walking Power Droid (Gonk Droid) would you buy one, even if it cost a little more than a regular figure? They could put a sensor in it so that when you turn the figure upside down it makes the screaming sound that the one in ROTJ did in Jabba's dungeon. It could even make the 'gonk' sound while walking.

But that's not all! We could add a remote control that is a replica of the droid caller!

Seriously, I'd buy one and would happily pay whatever Hasbro would charge for it! Would you?

yes i would Buy it,Why not?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-03-2009, 09:03 PM
All that remote and electronics and sound stuff would be better for something other than the basic figure line. I would like to see a new Power Droid that could stand perfectly on it's own, as others have said.

I just looked at gonk.net, and found a link to a fun little paper throwing game. Yet another way to waste time!

Jabbapalacespy
09-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I would buy one if it was based on the vintage power droid, the one seen walking around the Lars' homestead in Ep IV, but I would rather it not have any moterized action and also be able to stand up on its own. However I wouldn't mind if it had light and sound effects like some R2-D2 figures have.

JediTricks
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
If Hasbro did it? No, their R/C work hasn't been outstanding. If the company who made the current R2-D2 remote control figure did? Yeah, probably. But walking motors would be MUCH harder to do at this size than rolling, so it's unlikely.

El Chuxter
09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Are you kidding? Hasbro is known for making their remote controlled figures a true bargain! $17 for an astromech? Why, that extra $9.50 is a pittance for the ability to drive the little guy around. Those RC astromechs are just flying off Target shelves everywhere! I've been army-building them because they're just so incredibly awesome.

El Chuxter
09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Almost forgot:

[/sarcasm]

Maerj2000
09-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Are you kidding? Hasbro is known for making their remote controlled figures a true bargain! $17 for an astromech? Why, that extra $9.50 is a pittance for the ability to drive the little guy around. Those RC astromechs are just flying off Target shelves everywhere! I've been army-building them because they're just so incredibly awesome.

Actually, they do fly off the shelves in my area. I might see one of them on the shelves at the most.

bigbarada
09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd actually rather just get a new power droid sculpt without the annoying "walking" feature so it can actually stand up on its own without one of those clear rubber bands around its ankles.

This pretty much sums up what I want.

Old Fossil
09-08-2009, 07:33 PM
This pretty much sums up what I want.

Ditto here. Maybe with the "gonk" sound effects added somehow.

DarkArtist
09-10-2009, 08:14 AM
only if it made the Gonk sound.. lol

JediTricks
09-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Are you kidding? Hasbro is known for making their remote controlled figures a true bargain! $17 for an astromech? Why, that extra $9.50 is a pittance for the ability to drive the little guy around. Those RC astromechs are just flying off Target shelves everywhere! I've been army-building them because they're just so incredibly awesome.The ones at Target are repackaged versions of the Japanese ones. Hasbro's is the Clone Wars one that's 4 times as big for twice as much money and half the detail.