PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Samoa

DarthQuack
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Some nice hotties this season :thumbsup:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Who else is looking forward to another fun season??

OC47150
09-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Looks like a good season. A full 20-person cast, and a villian, too.

I can't wait!!

OC47150
09-17-2009, 08:38 PM
The folks bought a new 47-inch digital TV and let me tell you, Samoa really came alive on the new TV!!! The jungle was so green, and the water so blue!!!

I think Russell is in the running for A-hole of the Year after one episode. What a jerk!!! He's got crazy eyes. :evil: I can't wait to see all of his antics to come back and bite him in the beeee-hind!!

A challenge right off that bat. That was different. Both of the challenges were very physical, but only a recursor to what's gonna happen next week.

I thought, don't vote off Ashley!! She's a hottie!!!

TeeEye7
09-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Russell is a sociopath.

OC47150
09-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I think Ben is just as bad as Russell.

It was odd where there was no specific reward challenge. The reward/immunity challenge rolled into one? Strange.

OC47150
10-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Bye-bye, Ben.

Russell, you are a piece of work!

What happened to the separate reward challenge? I like it separated from immunity.

OC47150
10-08-2009, 07:56 PM
An unsupervised reward challenge!! That was different.

Yaz was the right choice to go home. Although Monica blew it for her tribe at the challenge, Yaz is useless around camp. And, to me, at least, it looks like she's alienated herself from the others, too.

Denial just ain't a river in Egypt, Yaz.

My mom and I were talking at lunch today: Russell has a problem with women. Taking orders from women, any real comments. Gotta wonder if the little man is married.

2-1B
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I have Dreadlock Russell in a pool, so I need him to win.

TeeEye7
10-09-2009, 03:53 AM
My mom and I were talking at lunch today: Russell has a problem with women. Taking orders from women, any real comments. Gotta wonder if the little man is married.

Russell is a sociopath.

DarthQuack
10-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I have Dreadlock Russell in a pool, so I need him to win.

As do I...until the merge when we all draft again.....might go with Erik or Russell dreads again if I get a top pick.

DarthQuack
10-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Another good episode....although I will miss the SMOKIN hot Ashley :(

OC47150
10-19-2009, 07:20 PM
I will, too.

It was funny that Russell's elimination pecking order was derailed.

OC47150
10-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Poor Russell S. What a way to go out. If his health is better, I think producers should invite him back for next fall's edition.

Although they were ahead, Foa Foa did sustain a moral victory. It will keep them fired up for the next challenge.

2-1B
10-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Well there goes my money in the pool.

OC47150
10-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Based on his performance in the challenge, Jaison should've gone home.

Nice to see the match and find challenge back. It's been a couple of seasons since the contestants played it.

Russell's gonna have to work overtime next week to send someone home.

DarthQuack
10-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I hope Erik and Mick team up once the merge comes that'd be fun to see.

OC47150
11-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Loved the look on Erik's face when he was blindsided. That makes this show so great!

Ah, Russell. You played your individual immunity idol waaaaayyy too early. You have a bull's eye the size of Texas on your back now.

DarthQuack
11-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Yea, but with the preview showing how Russell will be gone, just wonderful misdirection by the producers I'm afraid.... :-\

OC47150
11-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Yea, but with the preview showing how Russell will be gone, just wonderful misdirection by the producers I'm afraid.... :-\

I know Russell isn't gone. The producers will do everything within their power and influence to keep Russell in the game as long as possible.

OC47150
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Ah, Russell, the gods and the producers are smiling upon on bug-bit back. You find a second immunity idol without a clue and use it when you definitely need to.

Loved the look on Laura's face.

OC47150
11-19-2009, 08:00 PM
The expressions on Monica and Dave's faces are what makes Survivor great.

I wasn't a fan of Laura's;something about her just didn't click with me. She was a strong player, a threat, and needed to go.

Russell is the luckiest son of a gun! Three immunity idols!!

dr_evazan22
11-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Russell is amazing! Before I saw this episode I was having a little trouble remembering why I didn't initially like him. Then, after watching an incredible show, seeing the coming attractions with Russ opening up the chicken coop, then I remembered. The only difference is this time I didn't feel the hate.

Great job Russ, leading the beard guy away from where the idol was, losing him, then going back and finding it. Too good.

Was it John that flipped in the tie vote? Smart of him. Much better to send someone else home then take a chance on random luck. He might not have flipped if his tribemates hadn't put forth his name without his approval (in the effort to break up the Foa Foa's).

I think Russ already deserves the million. After he found the latest idol, was he swinging it around at camp?

DarthQuack
11-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Dave definitely has the best reactions..hands down...some good GIF's are over at www.randomtuesday.com

Liking the Ponderosa webisodes on CBS too. Erik's really trying to get with Kelly :love:

OC47150
11-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Was it John that flipped in the tie vote? Smart of him. Much better to send someone else home then take a chance on random luck. He might not have flipped if his tribemates hadn't put forth his name without his approval (in the effort to break up the Foa Foa's).

It was John.

The random draw was just too random, and a new twist, I believe. Contestants have'd to build fires and, several years ago, there was a drawing of colored stones between two contestants, but nothing like that since.

OC47150
12-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Russell reminds me of a Mafia don: you cross or question him, you're gone.

He's made watching this season of Survivor fun.

2-1B
12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, nobody could replace Coach in the interest-level for me, so I think Russell is a worthy torch bearer.

DarthQuack
12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Ah Coach....he was great :-)

Glad to see Dave around another week. I would have been ****ed if Shamboo being mad at him would have meant him gone.

Wished we could have seen what happened with the chicken soup though. lol

OC47150
12-13-2009, 07:29 PM
That had to be one of the fastest paced eps of Survivor ever! I liked it!!!

Monica was a little too mouthy and confident during the second tribal council.

Now comes the nitty-gritty. Tribe members turning against each other. Ah, I love this part of Survivor!!!

Anyone else think Russell is on the all-star edition that just finished filming?? I do.

dr_evazan22
12-13-2009, 08:05 PM
He probably is THE All-Star Survivor player. The way Monica was so cocky I was actually a little worried for Russ. Ballsy move there, wearing the hidden idol. I would like to know if by doing so he changed anyones mind that may've voted for him, or if by doing so was just to help 'sell' to Monica and old galu the ruse that they would turn on Russ.

Looks like we have a regular ep this Thurs, with the Finale next Sun.

OC47150
12-13-2009, 08:26 PM
I've always had the belief that most of the contestants have their minds already made up before walking into tribal as to whom they're voting off. It would have to be something huge to change your mind at tribal.

Three-hour finale next Sunday.

OC47150
12-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Not shocked that Shambo was voted off. She was dead weight, and voting her off was bound to happen sooner or later.

Sunday night is gonna be good!

Russell could win. He's played a great game, better than anyone else in a very long time.

DarthQuack
12-18-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't know if I see him getting the votes....but he has played a great game.

OC47150
12-20-2009, 06:57 PM
I was thinking: at this point, if you're one of the other four players, you might want to take Russell to the end to improve your odds of winning. He's definitely made enemies on the jury, but some of them could/might reward him for playing such a good game.

OC47150
12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
What the ???? Natalie????

Okay, she's prettier than Russell but she didn't do anything!!!

dr_evazan22
12-20-2009, 09:32 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that Russell didn't win. Hands down he played a better game. The only thing I think he did wrong was being a little too adamant about that at the final tribal council. Natalie is sickening me during the reunion so far.

OC47150
12-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Russell looks like he wants to rip someone's head off.

He was a little too cocky during the final tribal.

dr_evazan22
12-20-2009, 09:48 PM
When he was asked what he was like in RL and he said honesty integrity and whatever, he should have said that the proof of that was the 2 other people sitting there with him.

OC47150
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I know I was only half-watching the reunion show, but it was lacking something. Suspense, tension, something.

Heroes vs. villians looks good. I kept trying to identify some of the contestants, but it looks like it might've been actors/extras.

DarthQuack
12-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I feel bad for Russell, he definitely look liked he was about to cry. He deserved to win. The jury was full of bitter people. And if you honestly think Natalie deserved to win, you're on crack.

Definitely looking forward to Heroes vs Villians....would love to see Yau-man back. :)

Lord Malakite
12-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Definitely looking forward to Heroes vs Villians....would love to see Yau-man back. :)
He isn't one of them based on the current rumored list.

These are the "currently rumored" former contestants who were asked to participate. Doesn't mean they will all appear though.

Rupert Boneham (Survivor: Pearl Islands & Survivor: All Stars)
James "J.T." Thomas (Survivor: Tocantins)
Tom Westman (Survivor: Palau)
Colby Donaldson (Survivor: Australia & Survivor: All Stars)
Benjamin "Coach" Wade (Survivor: Tocantins)
Tyson Apostal (Survivor: Tocantins)
Randy Bailey (Survivor: Gabon)
Rob "Boston Rob" Mariano (Survivor: Marquesas & Survivor: All Stars)
Russell Hantz (Survivor: Samoa)
James Clement (Survivor: China & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites)
Stephenie LaGrossa (Survivor: Palau & Survivor: Guatemala)
Jessica "Sugar" Kiper (Survivor: Gabon)
Amanda Kimmel (Survivor: China & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites)
Courtney Yates (Survivor: China)
Sandra Diaz-Twine (Survivor: Pearl Islands)
Parvati Shallow (Survivor: Cook Islands & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites)
Candice Woodcock (Survivor: Cook Islands)
Jerri Manthey (Survivor: Australia & Survivor: All Stars)
Cirie Fields (Survivor: Panama & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites)
Tina Wesson (Survivor: Australia & Survivor: All Stars)
Sierra Reed (Survivor: Tocantins)
Danielle DiLorenzo (Survivor: Panama)
Danni Boatwright (Survivor: Guatemala)
Ozzy Lusth (Survivor: Cook Islands & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites)
Ace Gordon (Survivor: Gabon)
Jon "Jonny Fairplay" Dalton (Survivor: Pearl Islands & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites)
Natalie Bolton (Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites)
Jenna Morasca (Survivor: Amazon & Survivor: All Stars)
Tom Buchanan (Survivor: Africa & Survivor: All Stars)
Shane Powers (Survivor: Panama)
Twila Tanner (Survivor: Vanuatu)
Jean-Robert Bellande (Survivor: China)
Richard Hatch (Survivor: Borneo & Survivor: All Stars) - This one is more or less confirmed. He had to file a petition to participate (due to his prison/house arrest), but was denied by court.

DarthQuack
12-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't want to see Fairplay back at all. He didn't even play last time he was on. The only 3rd time around guy I'd like to see back is Rupert.

OC47150
12-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Fairplay doesn't deserve to be back after his little stunt last time.

There are three obvious people who won't be there: Richard Hatch, because his probation officer wouldn't allow him to leave the states; Rudy Boesch, because of his age; and Ethan Z, because of his cancer situation.

Anyone else is up for grabs.