PDA

View Full Version : CV in 2010

jonthejedi
09-04-2009, 04:01 AM
Wow, here it is Sept., and no announcement yet...what gives???

El Chuxter
09-04-2009, 07:29 AM
They can't find a venue big enough for Steve Sansweet's ego.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Classic Volkswagon?
Connecticut Veterans?
Common Verb?
Cruel Villains?
California Vulture?
Choked Voice?
Can't Vote?
Clouded Vision?
Controlled Volume?
Cars/Vehicles?
Conceited Vanity?
Chopped Vines?
Cooked Venison?

I just don't know what "CV" is... :rolleyes:

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Ciriculum Vitae. It's a really fancy resume for academics where you describe all your achievements, goals and what a monkey would do in Sansweet's house.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Some guy got some tidbits (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Some_Celebration_V_Tidbits_126248.asp) recently:

Here are the main highlights from the conversation:

1. Celebration V will take place next summer (2010) to commemorate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.

2. No Place or time has been set, though there are two things Sansweet said this weekend to remember:

A) They've inked deals like this as late as 6 months out, and:
B) It will be on the "right half of the country" (which, according to Sansweet, means that it will be somewhere between Chicago and the Atlantic.)
So damn, not Denver. Hopefully it will be someplace cool.

2-1B
09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
They should do it in Chicago...they fly Sansweet out there every year anyway. :)

Chux, why are you hatin' on Sweetness? :cry: He's always been cordial to me.

El Chuxter
09-09-2009, 01:13 AM
He killed my dad. :mad:

mtriv73
09-09-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm hoping for Philadelphia, Baltimore, or D.C. so I can drive there. Actually, I don't think it's safe to park in Philly so lets leave that one out.

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 02:55 PM
My guess is they're still trying for Indianapolis. It's going to need a large convention center arena, airport, and plenty of hotel space. It limits the locations pretty fast in the Eastern Time Zone.

mtriv73
09-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah because we don't have any major airports in the Baltimore/Washington area (except BWI, Dulles, and Reagan National); New York only has 2; Atlanta is just one of the biggest hubs in the country. There are only 2 that serve Boston, etc. Convention space is also really hard to come by on the coast as well. There's probably no more than a few hundred thousand square feet of convention space in any of these cities. It's amazing we get anything done here at all as backwards as we are compared to a great metropolis like Indianapolis. :rolleyes:

pbarnard
09-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah because we don't have any major airports in the Baltimore/Washington area (except BWI, Dulles, and Reagan National); New York only has 2; Atlanta is just one of the biggest hubs in the country. There are only 2 that serve Boston, etc. Convention space is also really hard to come by on the coast as well. There's probably no more than a few hundred thousand square feet of convention space in any of these cities. It's amazing we get anything done here at all as backwards as we are compared to a great metropolis like Indianapolis. :rolleyes:

It comes down to centralizing everything and keeping it affordable too. More expensive hotels, congested traffic, higher fees for things like parking if you're regional and choose to drive in for a day. I'm thinking Indy because of the past relationships, but I could also see something like Charlotte or along Tobacco Road too.

jonthejedi
09-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Somebody said Indy is def. out, sice the dome is being rebuilt or something. I dunno...

autumnsdescent
09-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Indy's not out. We tore down the RCA Dome last year and built Lucas Oil Stadium in its place. Construction to add on to the existing convention center has been going on for 2 years now and it's nearing completion. All this was done to attract larger events like the super bowl and the Olympics (and keep SW Celebrations in town if possible).

Kinda resent the implied remark we might be "backwards" or not as sophisticated as East Coasters... I lived in NY for 3 years. Indy isn't any more "backwards" than people from Manhattan or the Bronx.

-A-

mtriv73
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Indy's not out. We tore down the RCA Dome last year and built Lucas Oil Stadium in its place. Construction to add on to the existing convention center has been going on for 2 years now and it's nearing completion. All this was done to attract larger events like the super bowl and the Olympics (and keep SW Celebrations in town if possible).

Kinda resent the implied remark we might be "backwards" or not as sophisticated as East Coasters... I lived in NY for 3 years. Indy isn't any more "backwards" than people from Manhattan or the Bronx.

-A-

Quite the opposite, I was taking offense to his implication that the East coast couldn't support such an event.

DarkArtist
09-18-2009, 12:36 PM
would love it if CV was hosted in New York at the Javits Center... that wuold be awesome. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Shouldn't Lucas just buy some land somewhere in the middle of the country, build his own venue from the ground up, call it Intended for Lucas Meetings at 1138 Independent Ave. or something, and make it another mecca for SW fans?

TeeEye7
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Branson, MO.

The Titanic is there, why not the Star Wars universe?

Maerj2000
09-27-2009, 10:06 PM
They should have 2 celebrations, one on the east coast and one on the west. Same show, same guests and merch, half the crowds. That's really the worst part about the SW Celebrations, the crowds and long lines.