PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think we'll ever get a decent han figure

crazydave75
09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Do u think we'll ever get a decent han? i saw the one a sdcc looks ok but got a feelin he's gonna be anorexic again im not holdin out much hope for an ultimate bespin han i wish hasblah would sort it out

bigbarada
09-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I still think the 2004 VOTC Han Solo is the best version of the figure made.

Old Fossil
09-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I still think the 2004 VOTC Han Solo is the best version of the figure made.

Agreed. No need to redo that one, just reissue it from time to time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-05-2009, 11:22 PM
VOTC Han is close to perfection, but he's too skinny so it looks a little odd overall.

Devo
09-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I have doubts there'll be a Han that I find acceptable any time soon - least not until the VOTC mold breaks down.

Sadly Hasbro seems to be listening to the pro-VOTC Han crowd rather than the anti-VOTC Han people and keeps frankensteining it somehow into just about every Han figure since. And its a failure every time. They don't know or they don't care. Han is a main character, he'll sell regardless.

vger
09-06-2009, 12:11 PM
VOTC Han looks great because all parts of the sculpt are in proportion to one another. The legs look too skinny on the VTSC Endor Han, but look fine on the ANH VOTC Han.

The TAC Smuggler Han looks too skinny to me, though the torso and legs are the same as VOTC Han, which looks fine to me. Is this possibly due to the mold getting old and wearing out between the VOTC release and the TAC/BMF release?

pbarnard
09-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Pick the core character, same statement.

TheDarthVader
09-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't have a problem with the VOTC Han Solo, although there is room for improvement. Is it good enough that hasbro is finished "polishing" it up? I am not sure, but if they make a better one, I will buy it.

wawe1
09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
VOTC Han looks great because all parts of the sculpt are in proportion to one another. The legs look too skinny on the VTSC Endor Han, but look fine on the ANH VOTC Han.

The TAC Smuggler Han looks too skinny to me, though the torso and legs are the same as VOTC Han, which looks fine to me. Is this possibly due to the mold getting old and wearing out between the VOTC release and the TAC/BMF release?

I totally agree VGER. Hasbro better fix it up before they release a Bespin Han. The Han figures shouldn't be skinnier than Luke figures.

El Chuxter
09-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Aside from the overuse, I think the 1999 Cantina Han and 2001 (?) Bespin Han are the best.

Dice Ibegon
09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I am happy with the VOTC Han, only got him a couple of days ago and really don't need a remake for a good few years.

mtriv73
09-11-2009, 09:03 AM
I think there are a lot of "decent" Han figures out there. There aren't any perfect ones, but how can you expect perfection in this scale? Aside from a few real turkeys (most older Luke figures and a few others) Hasbro does a really good job overall with sculpting.

AmanaMatt
09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
VOTC Han totally rocks (for me).....as close as that scale is gonna get. I could see another head on the same body perhaps someday 'toping' that version, but it aint happening anytime soon

bigbarada
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I actually think that the Sandstorm and Endor Bunker Assault Han Solos have a pretty decent likeness. Probably the best I've seen in this scale. Of course, they have problems with frankensteined parts, but that seems to be less and less of an issue for me the longer I own the figures.

I think I'm going to try putting the trenchcoat from the VTSC Endor Han onto my Endor Bunker Assualt Han and see if that helps cover up some of the joint problems.

Plus, it's not like Kenner did a much better job when it came to Han Solo. If you take off the nostalgia-tinted glasses and really look at the figures objectively, then some of them are pretty terrible. The worst one being the bull-necked, barrel-chested, POTF Carbonite Han. Second place in crappiness would have to go to the large-head ANH Han.

pbarnard
09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
My only issue really now is the legs. If they stop making him chicken legged, than there won't be an issue anymore.

Devo
09-11-2009, 03:02 PM
There is a level of perfection in my mind that could be achieved in this scale. You know what it is? Its the POTJ Death star escape Han with superarticulation and seperate holster. Accurate proportions and concealed articulation. Don't tell me its not possible to combine the two.

Rik Duel
09-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I don't see the connection between scrawny limbs and good articulation. They can do both.