PDA

View Full Version : January 2010 Star Wars Prelim Pics

Jangu Fett
09-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Hoth Rebel BP - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14054&d=1252251415

Hoth Imperial BP - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14055&d=1252251431

Freeco Speeder - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14051&d=1252251368

Droid tri-Fighter - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14052&d=1252251390

TIE Defender - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14053&d=1252251403

And possible Summer 2010 sets. Sorry no pictures.
8089 - Wampa Attack
8093 - Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
8095 - General Grievous' Starfighter
8096 - Palpatine's Shuttle
8097 - Slave I
8098 - Clone Turbo Tank

I don't know about anyone else, but that TIE Defender and Freeco Speeder are looking really good. Those 2 are must haves for me. And most-likely will get the BPs, I'll wait to see better pics of the Droid Tri-Fighter. before diciding.

LusiferSam
09-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Those are such bad pictures I don't know how you can see much of anything. These days I'm not much into EU or CW stuff, so I likely pass on a bunch of these. But if it's a cool looking set I might pick it up. The TIE Defender seems like it might be worth getting. But we'll have to wait and see.

Ji'dai
09-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I'd rather the BPs just have all troopers instead of the pilot and Imperial driver. I'd like to be caught up before these hit since I'm planning on army building Snowtroopers.

The Freeco Speeder is awesome! I really like the looks of that one. The Tri-Fighter isn't that exciting. I'll be getting the TIE Defender definitely.

I'm not so enthusiastic about the summer sets. Looks to be mostly prequel stuff; rehashes of older sets. Hopefully the Wampa is made out of bricks rather than a molded figure. There was a great-looking Wampa in a Shop@Home catalog several years ago that was made from bricks and generated a lot of interest among fans.

LusiferSam
09-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Hopefully the Wampa is made out of bricks rather than a molded figure. There was a great-looking Wampa in a Shop@Home catalog several years ago that was made from bricks and generated a lot of interest among fans.

If I had to bet I'd say the Wampa is going to be like the Trolls, a molded figure. Which if it is done well would be ok with me. For a long time I assumed the best we'd get was going a Yeti like version. The Yeti was ok, but isn't my personally favorite. Hopefully it won't be a Burpman type figure. I tried looking of a scan of the catalog last year because I couldn't remember the details of what it looked like. But came up empty.

Jangu Fett
09-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok, well the summer set list might be wrong. Or these are 2 more January sets.

Luke's Landspeeder - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14102&d=1252352075

ARC-170 Starfighter - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14103&d=1252352082

Not liking the Landspeeder, looks like the one that came with the Cantina set. And it looks really big. Easy pass. The ARC-170 looks a bit different from the last, might pick it up, seeing as I never got the first. And, is it just me or, does one of the ARCs figures looks like Kit Fisto???

Ji'dai
09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
If I had to bet I'd say the Wampa is going to be like the Trolls, a molded figure. Which if it is done well would be ok with me. For a long time I assumed the best we'd get was going a Yeti like version. The Yeti was ok, but isn't my personally favorite. Hopefully it won't be a Burpman type figure. I tried looking of a scan of the catalog last year because I couldn't remember the details of what it looked like. But came up empty. I'll see if I can find the catalog with the wampa and upload a scan. It provoked such a positive response from fans that LEGO reportably said they would provide building instructions for it online, but I don't know if that ever came to pass.

Ok, well the summer set list might be wrong. Or these are 2 more January sets.

Luke's Landspeeder - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14102&d=1252352075

ARC-170 Starfighter - http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=14103&d=1252352082

Not liking the Landspeeder, looks like the one that came with the Cantina set. And it looks really big. Easy pass. The ARC-170 looks a bit different from the last, might pick it up, seeing as I never got the first. And, is it just me or, does one of the ARCs figures looks like Kit Fisto??? The landspeeder does look a lot like the one from the cantina set. I guess they're releasing it at a lower price point, maybe a $10.99 set this time around.

We've gotten Kit Fisto before. Nice figure; included with the 2007 release 7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7661). I think he has a soft rubber head with flexible dreads.

LusiferSam
09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Not liking the Landspeeder, looks like the one that came with the Cantina set. And it looks really big. Easy pass. The ARC-170 looks a bit different from the last, might pick it up, seeing as I never got the first. And, is it just me or, does one of the ARCs figures looks like Kit Fisto???
Colors are bit different on this Landspeeder, more tans. Engine pods are also different. It looks like the windshield might be more curved. I might get it. The ARC is a maybe as well. I liked the first one and if there's any good reason to this new one I will. Kit Fisto is exactly who I was thinking of when I saw the picture. I'm not sure I really need another one, but what the hay.

I'll see if I can find the catalog with the wampa and upload a scan.

Thanks.

Ji'dai
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I think I found a pic of the "Wampa" from the November-December 2002 issue of the LEGO [Fan Club] Magazine. It was one element in a two-page spread featuring a winter scene with various LEGO creations. So the creature is really more of a Yeti rather than a Wampa.

Here are the scans:

Cover (http://i30.tinypic.com/m94nkm.jpg)
Page One (http://i26.tinypic.com/25jxv7k.jpg)
Creature Close-up (http://i27.tinypic.com/1z6729h.jpg)

Ji'dai
12-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I saw all the 2010 Star Wars sets at TRU this morning. Without a sale or a coupon to defray the cost of TRU’s price gouging, I passed on all of them. The Hoth battle packs were $12.99, which I was most tempted to get since I know those will most likely jump to $14.99 like the older ones. It really wasn’t difficult to pass on these new offerings since there are really only two “new” sets: the Freeco Speeder and the TIE Defender. Even the BP’s don’t really offer any new figures, although it‘s nice to finally see Snowtroopers in such a relatively cheap set.

I was really disappointed that the Freeco Speeder, which has 177 pieces, was priced at $29.99, or about $10 higher than it really should be. I want at least two Freeco Speeders so I’m going to wait. The TIE was also painfully overpriced. So with much regret, I didn’t buy any SW sets today. I figure I’ll wait and get them at Kmart, Walmart, or just order them from LEGO Shop@Home at MSRP.

Ji'dai
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
FBTB.net (http://www.fbtb.net/) posted box pics of the Fall 2010 Star Wars line-up, taken from some Dutch site.

What's in store:

8089 Hoth Wampa Cave - includes a Snowspeeder too, maybe piloted by Zev?
8093 Plo Koon's Starfighter - blue & white jedi starfighter
8095 General Grievous' Starfighter - comes with the Mon Calamari Jedi slain by Grievous in the cartoon
8096 Palpatine's Shuttle - with burnt Anakin and maybe 2-1B med droid?!
8097 Slave I - Looks like the last release. Great set though. I think that's Bossk! Fett comes with a cape and the helmet has the range finder like the cartoon Clones
8098 Clone Turbo Tank - Cad Bane! Looks like his hat is a new element.

figrin bran
12-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Maybe the Freeco Speeder will be cheaper at Target and Walmart? I too passed on it at the 29.99 pricepoint and will wait for a deal on it.

Ji'dai
12-15-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm guessing that the Freeco Speeder (177 pieces) will probably be around $25, same as Echo Base (155 pieces). I'd really like to see it priced around $20, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Target.com has (or had) the TIE Defender available for order for $50, or five dollars less than TRU. While not a great difference, I'd rather get a set at the lower price and put the money I saved towards another LEGO set.

Ji'dai
12-18-2009, 01:17 PM
TRU has raised prices yet again!

The Venator-class Republic Attack Crusier is now $139.99... $20 over MSRP

Freeco Speeder $34.99... $10 over MSRP!!

Hoth Battle Packs $14.99... old battle packs now $16.99...

TIE Defender $69.99... $20 over MSRP EDIT: Checked back today and this was priced at $59.99. I swore it was $70 yesterday.

The Battle of Endor $119.99... $20 over MSRP

sonofsokol
12-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I bought the Hoth Rebel and Hoth Imperial battle packs at Toys R Us yesterday. I can verify the $14.99 price tag on both of those. The older sets were still $12.99 (I think). The Freeco speeder was $34.99 (like you posted as well) so I passed. They had the Tie Defender and Droid Tri-Fighter too, don't remember what the prices were on those. People were grabbing these new sets like it was food during a famine. People are crazy out there!:crazed:

Ji'dai
12-24-2009, 07:37 PM
I went shopping for the ESB wave today and found nearly all the 2010 Star Wars sets (http://i47.tinypic.com/wu2i6f.jpg) on the shelf at various Walmart stores in this area. Some of the Toy Story, Town, and Atlantis sets are also trickling in. Great news for those of us waiting to get the sets at actual or slightly below MSRP instead of paying through the nose at TRU!

Here are the prices I paid at Walmart:

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack -- $10.96
8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack -- $10.96
8085 Freeco Speeder -- $24.97
8086 Droid Tri-Fighter -- $24.97
8087 TIE Defender -- $49.97
8088 ARC-170 Starfighter -- $59.94
8092 Luke's Landspeeder -- $24.97

I was told by one WM employee stocking the new sets this morning that they weren't supposed to be on the shelf until next week so YMMV and happy hunting!

gba88
01-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Has anyone found the landspeeder at kmart by any chance? I STUPIDLY passed on a lone landspeeder set at WM the week after Christmas (it wouldn't ring up on the price scanner). I've been looking for it ever since without luck. I'm half tempted to stop at kmart on my way home but it would prob be a huge longshot. Additionally, it would prob be 30 or 35 to boot instead of 25.

Ji'dai
01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Why not call first? I haven't seen any new SW sets at my Kmart. I was in the local store yesterday and the LEGO section was practically non-existant.

For online shopping, there's always Walmart.com (free shipping site-to-store) and the official site, shop.lego.com. Both sites have the new sets.

gba88
01-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Why not call first? I haven't seen any new SW sets at my Kmart. I was in the local store yesterday and the LEGO section was practically non-existant.

For online shopping, there's always Walmart.com (free shipping site-to-store) and the official site, shop.lego.com. Both sites have the new sets.

I like to be disappointed in person :) Honestly though, it's right on the way home and I could check for figures too. I'm not going to stop though, I'll just check walmart again.

gba88
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Just checked walmart.com, and no landspeeder there. I believe they have all listed *except* the landspeeder.

edit: I also see that it's backordered on lego.com. Wonder what the holdup is on this set.

SirSteve
01-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the news! I got a link posted from the home page!

Ji'dai
01-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Just checked walmart.com, and no landspeeder there. I believe they have all listed *except* the landspeeder.

edit: I also see that it's backordered on lego.com. Wonder what the holdup is on this set. They've probably already sold through their initial stock. The sets were only just released last month. Once retailers complete their post-holiday reset you'll probably see fully stocked shelves.

Ando
02-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Hey guys, looking at this picture (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/popup.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=415&p17_imageid=2726) just posted to the home page, it looks like the upcoming LEGO Turbo Tank has a connector bar that will make it compatible with the LAAT/c DropShip.

That is freaking SWEET!

I wish Hasbro could/would make their Star Wars line a little more backward/forward compatible. I don't mean that comment to be cynical or sarcastic, I just REALLY like the forthought LEGO uses when they design their sets.

Seriously, I am really damn excited about this! I was almost on the fence as I looked at this picture until I notice that brick sticking up near the back.

Ji'dai
02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
That's a nice feature. Really adds to the play value of the Dropship/AT-OT set, especially considering the price we all paid for it.

Anyone else think the undercarriage on that Turbo Tank is a little strange looking? It's pretty bare under there with those exposed axles.

Aayla looks pretty good. And I like Cad Bane's hat.

Ando
02-09-2010, 08:34 PM
That's a nice feature. Really adds to the play value of the Dropship/AT-OT set, especially considering the price we all paid for it.

Anyone else think the undercarriage on that Turbo Tank is a little strange looking? It's pretty bare under there with those exposed axles.

I was thinking the same thing on both counts.

Darth Jax
02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
the entire tank looks a little off. not sure if it's the weird angle for photographing or just from photoshopping, but it looks like whole thing is not sitting in the middle of the axles.

Ando
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
the entire tank looks a little off. not sure if it's the weird angle for photographing or just from photoshopping, but it looks like whole thing is not sitting in the middle of the axles.

It almost looks like a suspension system...

Darth Metalmute
07-14-2010, 07:58 AM
I couldn't find the 2010 Star Wars lego thread so I figured this would be the best place.

Saw the new Slave I at TRU last night. Not bad looking but with an 80 dollar price tag was an easy pass considering that it is essentially the same ship as the old one with 2 new mini-figs.

On-line, I saw a new AT-AT. It only appears on the TRU site and not the Lego site.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4057245

Darth Metalmute
07-16-2010, 08:18 AM
All the new Lego sets were out last night. Man were they expensive! The Wampa set was 39.99. It's getting so that you have to pick either Hasbro or Lego to collect with these prices. I'll have to go back after payday to pick that one up.

Ando
07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
I saw everything new but the Slave I at TRU last night. And they do seem more expensive these days.

I forgot to pick up the box for the Turbo Tank to look at it. I definitely want most of the news sets, but it's getting tougher to find room for places and with my wife temporarily out of work, I will have less money to spend on myself moving forward.

Darth Metalmute
07-16-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't really want the Turbo Tank, Grievous's Star Fighter or Slave 1, But those dang exclusive figures (Cad Bane, Carbonite Han, and Nahdar Vebb) will probably be a one time deal.

I will probably pick up Grievous's starfighter because it's a better ship that the first one. However, while I see the slight differences between the old Slave 1 and Turbo Tank and the new one, those differences don't justify spending 180 dollars.

It seems just recently you could pick up three 12"x12" boxes of lego sets for 75 bucks. Plo Koons Starfighter, Grievous's Starfighter and Wampa set will cost over 100.

Ando
07-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't have any of the previous releases of GGSF, Turbo Tank, or the Slave I, so these would all be new to me. I just don't know if I want them all THAT bad when I have other expensive hobbies that I like to keep up with.

Darth Metalmute
07-16-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't really want the Turbo Tank, Grievous's Star Fighter or Slave 1, But those dang exclusive figures (Cad Bane, Carbonite Han, and Nahdar Vebb) will probably be a one time deal.

I take that back, Target apparently has an exclusive set of Cad Banes Speeder. 318 pieces that someone is trying to sell on ebay for 85 dollars.
FOr that price, you would hope free shipping but he has the audacity to charge 9 dollars.

Ando
07-18-2010, 12:57 AM
So I picked up the Slave I and Turbo Tank sets today at TRU. I wasn't there to get them, but they didn't have any AT-AT's and I felt like buying toys so I got them.

I like the Slave I set better than the Turbo Tank, but I like the Turbo Tank just fine. They're both overpriced (in my opinion), but not too bad if you want them.

The undercarriage on the Turbo Tank only has a suspension system on the middle axle. The other 4 axles are linked together (2 in the front, 2 in the back) and are kinda wonky.

The Slave I is pretty neat. The wings and pilot chair are connected and gravity operated so that when you turn the ship to flight mode, the wings and chair orient into the proper position without having to do anything extra.

I used a coupon, so I was able to save $10.00 on the purchase, so that was good.

Darth Metalmute
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Target.com has the exclusive Cad Bane Speeder in stock.