PDA

View Full Version : Evolutions question

elvandrik
09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I picked up the new Clone Pilot Evolutions pack and I don't recall ever seeing that new Geonosis clone pilot anywhere in the movies. I love the helmet design and color scheme. Can anyone confirm if this figure was in any of the movies? Thanks

DarkJedi5
09-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm pretty sure he's not, especially because his helmet is not the style the Clone Pilots were wearing in AOTC which is the only time we've been to Geonosis on film....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm pretty sure he's based on artwork for the V-wing pilot. So, not in the film, but not strictly a Hasbro creation, either.

DarkArtist
09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
i thought perhaps that he was the V-Wing Pilot (just mislabled) since the black Clone Wars Pilot was already sorta of released in the ROTS wave and most recently just a repaint of last years Evolutions Pilot.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Okay, here's more information than anyone asked for.

The pilot on the far left in the packaging - the one based on the 2005 Evolutions AOTC Clone - has the helmet as seen in the V-wing artwork from Incredible Cross-Sections (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/ae/Vwing_ICS.jpg). However, since he has the AOTC armor, he's not really accurate - note how the pilot in the picture has the ROTS pilot gear. I'm pretty sure LEGO made the same helmet on a minifigure, but since I haven't bought a LEGO set since 2002, I really couldn't tell you. For whatever reason, he's labeled "Republic Gunship Pilot."

The middle pilot is the same mold as the ROTS pilot from last year's Evolutions set, which was partially based on the 2005 mold. The color scheme is based on the late 2005 re-release of the same figure. He's labeled "V-wing Pilot" to, I assume, go with the upcoming Toys R Us Imperial V-wing Fighter, since his black outfit matches the black ship. The same style of pilots is shown on the front box art for the Imperial ARC-170 Fighter, but since those windows are black, there's no real reason to have pilots in there.

But, neither style of armor was seen in the movies, strictly speaking.

Darth Cruel
09-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I found all three of these sets at my local Wal-Mart the other day. I was surprised at the price.

djsosharp
09-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah I kinda want these figures but I prefer paying closer to $5 per figure in a multi-pack instead of inching ever closer to $10. Blech. I think I'll probably wait til clearance on these. Or at least HOPE I have the will power to wait...just sucks that Wal-Mart is so inconsistent in their behavior so it might just randomly disappear.