PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy Cade Skywalker's Mynock Vehicle?

Tycho
09-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm going to start a new thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Cade Skywalker's Mynock from Dark Horse Comics' "Legacy" title.

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe (I guess - we'll see how that goes).

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Cade Skywalker's Mynock Star Wars "Legacy" comics. (picture below).

I envision this vehicle for the $20 price range. It should hold Cade, Jeremiah Syn and Delilah Blue, and maybe have room for a passenger like R2-D2.

Maybe it will fire two missiles and have extending laser cannons like Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (POTF2 era). A pop-out turbolaser battery would be cool as well - possibly firing two more missiles.

Hasbro might "upgrade" by using some of the molding to the Imperial Shuttle Tyderium for the base for this ship. I don't know if that will cause them to price it higher or not.

Do you want it made? How about for a $30 price range and slightly more accurate and larger?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Legacy figures now include: Cade Skywalker, Delilah Blue (coming out soon), Darth Talon, Darth Krayyt, Azryn Rae (spelling), Antarres Draco, Ganner Krieg, K'Kruhk (single-carded, but qualifying), Yuuzhan Vong (useable), Stormtrooper, various non-character Imperial personnel, R2-D2 etc.

vger
09-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I haven't read any of the Legacy comics but that ship looks pretty cool. I'd definitely pick it up for around $20 as long as it could hold at least 3 figures.

El Chuxter
09-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Are you actually going to start this new series of threads, or keep saying you're going to start it when you're something like 10 threads into the series? ;)

And, no, I would not buy this. I would spend an awful lot of money to lobby Congress to pass laws ensuring it is never made.

DarkJedi5
09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Do you want it made? How about for a $30 price range and slightly more accurate and larger?
Nope, if I never see any more Legacy stuff made ever again it would be too soon.

What other features would you want on it?
Self destruct mechanism?

Why would you NOT want it?
Cause Legacy is terrible? I mean, I love the EU but I just can't get into this story line.

How do you think it would sell if produced?
Probably not well. No one would recognize it.

Maerj2000
09-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I haven't read any of the Legacy comics but that ship looks pretty cool. I'd definitely pick it up for around $20 as long as it could hold at least 3 figures.

Same here on everything you said!

Ando
09-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I would buy it, but only because I have moved on (for the most part) from figures to vehicles.

There's still a few figures that I will get from time to time, but for the most part, I like the mid-size to larger vehicles.

This is a pretty unique ship, so I would love to see it made. It would have to hold 3-5 figures and be in the mid size range at least.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I hope they wouldn't make it. Legacy is really not my thing (for a variety of reasons) and I'd rather they focus on ships from the films and TV shows. I'd rather they keep the Legacy stuff to the comic packs line or a scant few other things (like the Joker Squad set).

morpheus282
09-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Probably wouldn't buy it. It's a nice enough looking ship, but I can't see moving an x-wing or a walker to display it.

Darth Jax
09-10-2009, 08:39 PM
nope, i wouldn't buy it. ships that haven't appeared onscreen hold no interest for me.

you're dreaming if you think any newly molded ship that holds 3 figures + droid would fall into the $20 range. to be the size that would hold that number of figures you're looking ARC-170/Y-wing ranges for pricing.

bigbarada
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
No, not even remotely interested.

pbarnard
09-11-2009, 08:09 AM
No. AT The $20 price point it's way undersized condidering it's bigger than the Falcon. There are way more iconic EU vehicles still waiting to be made like The Lady Luck, Pulsar Skate, Wild Karrde (although even bigger than all of them) that have waited around longer.

Darth Metalmute
09-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Legacy figures now include: Cade Skywalker, Delilah Blue (coming out soon), Darth Talon, Darth Krayyt, Azryn Rae (spelling), Antarres Draco, Ganner Krieg, K'Kruhk (single-carded, but qualifying), Yuuzhan Vong (useable), Stormtrooper, various non-character Imperial personnel, R2-D2 etc.

A terrible EU series such as Legacy has 9 figures however the Zahn Trilogy can only get 4? (2 Jades, 2 Thrawns, Karrade, and a Luke)

How is this even possible?

Sorry, off topic. No I wouldn't buy it. I agree with Darth Jax. Outside of the landspeeder, no vehicle that I recall that holds 3 figures is at the 20 dollar range.

Ando
09-11-2009, 09:01 AM
...no vehicle that I recall that holds 3 figures is at the 20 dollar range.

The Republic Fighter Tank holds 3 (+ 3 more on each skid) and the AT-AP holds 3.

Darth Metalmute
09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
The Republic Fighter Tank holds 3 (+ 3 more on each skid) and the AT-AP holds 3.

Is the tank really at that range? I gotta pick one of those up.

Ando
09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Is the tank really at that range? I gotta pick one of those up.

Yes it is! It's a great little tank. A lot of value since it can hold more than 1 figure.

DarkArtist
09-11-2009, 10:34 AM
i'd have to pass.... not really a fan of the design and i doubt Hasbro would make it correct to scale. I would rather see a Rogue Shadow from TFU rather the this ship

Snowtrooper
09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I'd say no, because I'm not very familiar with alot of EU stories.

mark2d2
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Sorry to be a downer, but this one fails to generate any interest from me. I think it would be a poor seller... But I've been wrong before.

Darth Cruel
09-12-2009, 12:27 PM
I would buy it. But I believe it to be completely unreasonable to even consider getting it at a 20.00 price. It would have to be something akin to the Cruisemissle Trooper for that price as things are now.

If it is to scale and has all the necessary features such as room for the required compliment of crew, firing missles, lights and sound, and excellent detail...I would not complain about buying it at as much as 50.00.

bigbarada
09-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I would buy it. But I believe it to be completely unreasonable to even consider getting it at a 20.00 price.

Not even the $20 vehicle line is $20 anymore, more like $25.

TheDarthVader
09-12-2009, 04:04 PM
No, I would not buy this. No interest at all.

Old Fossil
09-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Pass!:sleeping:

clone157
09-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes, I would buy it. Unlike many other EU vehicles, it looks like something you would find in the SW universe. The mold would probably be more than the $20 price point would allow, and there are a large number of more iconic ships, but as the premiere ship from Legacy, I would vote "yes".

Obsession is Nute
09-12-2009, 11:22 PM
A terrible EU series such as Legacy has 9 figures however the Zahn Trilogy can only get 4? (2 Jades, 2 Thrawns, Karrade, and a Luke)

How is this even possible?

Sorry, off topic. No I wouldn't buy it. I agree with Darth Jax. Outside of the landspeeder, no vehicle that I recall that holds 3 figures is at the 20 dollar range.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My answer is a definite NO.

Tycho
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't think I really have any use for this vehicle myself, but it could go into my dioramas if it were offered - as background traffic for a Coruscant display or something. I'll count myself as a "yes vote."

I suppose Hasbro is eventually going to make the whole crew (Cade, Deliah Blue (on her way in a comic 2-pack) and Jeremiah Syn - unknown) but there seems to be more iconic EU vehicles and yet-unmade-movie-vehicles that Hasbro should focus on first.

Legacy has been produced for in the Comic 2-pack format and it should probably stay there for a while. Some kind of multi-pack exclusive could someday be done with:

Cade Skywalker
Deliah Blue
Darth Krayyt
Darth Talon
Antares Draco
Ganner Krieg
Azelyn Rae (or whichever was the girl Imperial Knight)
K'Kruhk (forgot - he's carded)
Whomever is coming packed with Blue
Some of Joker Squad (stormtroopers)
Darth (Quarren - packed with Joker Squad)

Anyway, the Mynock vehicle lost extremely miserably:

NO = 14, Yes = 6

I think this one is our biggest loser, but I'd have to double-check.

Devo
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I'd have to add another No. I don't mind EU figures as background fodder for my OT/PT dioramas but vehicles would be taking it too far.

darthbooger
10-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not even sure I know what this vehicle looks like :laugh:

Tycho
10-09-2009, 03:34 AM
I'm not even sure I know what this vehicle looks like :laugh:

The picture is in one of my posts on an earlier page of this discussion.

I'd have to add another No. I don't mind EU figures as background fodder for my OT/PT dioramas but vehicles would be taking it too far.

I don't necessarily need the Mynock for a Legacy diorama. What would it fight anyway? I'm not thrilled with the designs for the Imperial fighters from this era anyway.

However, you mentioned dioramas. The Mynock is an old ship from what I understand, thus it might work as a background fodder SHIP for PT / OT dioramas - especially around Coruscant (PT and SOTE OT, or Mos Eisley OT, possibly Bespin).

I want to build several scenes set on Coruscant myself, and I even have the vintage Mini-Rig toys to add to the ship traffic. I'll look at the GI Joe vehicles and I have the Titan AE ship and some various super hero vehicles that are more plain and good for background in storage for this particular use as well.

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Looking at the pics, I'm gonna say no. It's too much engine, not enough fighter.

Tycho
01-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, I wanted to remind folks that I polled for EU ships and will continue doing so.

We have gotten EU vehicles made by Hasbro and they've sold good:

CW Republic Fighter Tank
CW Y-wing Fighter
CW Octopara Droid
CW Jedi Starfighters (various incarnations)

Although I'm having trouble remembering a vehicle that was not CW....ah, OK - the Outrider and the Swoop Bike.

Anyway, Cade Skywalker's Mynock is most likely not ever going to be one of them. The ship is losing in our poll, and it is no longer prominently featured in the Legacy comics series (though Cade still has it, so the ship is very likely to reappear).

JediTricks
01-27-2010, 03:17 PM
The Republic Fighter Tank has not appeared on The Clone Wars, so it is from the games.

The Octuptarra Droid is from ROTS.