PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

jedijason1138
02-25-2002, 02:01 PM
My wife is going to Disneyland in a few weeks and she was asking what I would want from the Star Trader gift shop. I have no idea what they offer there. Any suggestions besides a t-shirt and ball cap?

Jayspawn
02-25-2002, 02:10 PM
I havn't been to Star Tours in sich a long time, I have almost forgotten what they have there.

JetsAndHeels
02-25-2002, 02:42 PM
Get her to call you from there to tell you what all they have.
Then you can get an idea of what you want.
If she has a cell phone, get her to walk around the store and tell you what all they have.

master jedi
02-25-2002, 02:52 PM
My sister went there several years ago and all she got me was a Star Tours pin.

SirSteve
02-25-2002, 02:55 PM
Pin, t-shirt, some of the Star Tours toys, and lots of pictures!

:)

Why is she going without you?

2-1B
02-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
lots of pictures!

I'll second that! It's been 6 years since I went to Disneyworld, but the coolest thing for me at Star Tours was seeing and photographing the stuff they had set up to look at while waiting in line.

All I bought from the gift shop were a hat (CHEAPLY made, I regret that buy), Bespin/Endor/Tatooine postcards, Vader/R2 pins, and a few of those nonarticulated "figures". I liked the Yoda :)

JediTricks
02-26-2002, 02:06 AM
The store at Disneyland is fairly spartan, but I strongly suggest getting a pull-back Starspeeder 3000; a few of the lanyarded "intergalactic passports" (they say "Gold Leader" or "Security" or "Bounty Hunter" on the front, I have a few. They don't do anything like get you on the ride, but they're still fun); some of the new post cards; maybe if they have it one of the cool Star Tours logo-wearing mugs. There's not much else exclusive merchandise there anymore that I can think of.

jedijason1138
02-26-2002, 03:01 AM
The cell phone idea is excellent. My wife doesn't have one, but I'm sure someone in the group she's in will. Good advice on the merch. I myself collect just about everything, so if it's something I don't have, I'm usually happy.

The funny thing is she went a few years ago and took some great photos of R5-D4, R2-D2, and C-3PO.

Any other suggestions that anyone thinks of are appreciated. My wife leaves near the end of March, so that will give me plenty of time to make a list.

JetsAndHeels
02-26-2002, 09:20 AM
JediJason,
If she doesnt have a cell phone, get her one!! She will be totally in your debt for it, and then she can buy you all kinds of goodies when she goes on her trip!!
Think about it, you help her and she helps you.
50/50 kind of thing.

jedijason1138
02-26-2002, 02:36 PM
but I can barely afford two tin cans and a piece of string. I will keep it in mind for a birthday gift for her. Her birthday, by the way, is in May, right smack dab in the middle of all the Star Wars stuff going on. Let's just say that April and June are going to be full of birthday surprises!!!!:Pirate:

JetsAndHeels
02-26-2002, 02:42 PM
Thats even more the reason to get her one now!! Then in May you will not have to buy her as much.
Think about it, its a win-win situation.
I am kidding jason, I know cell phones arent cheap.
But I know one thing is true-you have to keep the wife happy, right??

El Chuxter
02-26-2002, 03:03 PM
I seem to remember that store having drinking glasses with a "Mos Eisley Cantina" logo imprinted on them.

JediTricks
02-27-2002, 02:20 AM
They recently got in some cool new glasses, though I wish I still had my chrome one with the silver-glitter painted Star Tours logo (the original one).

A cell-phone probably won't work because the Star Trader is in a building underneath/next-to one ride and next to the Starcade, IIRC, the reception in there is dreadful - on my phone, impossible. (As an annual pass holder, I spend a lot of time there :D)

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by jedijason1138
Any other suggestions that anyone thinks of are appreciated. My wife leaves near the end of March, so that will give me plenty of time to make a list.

Ok, heres one...

Get yourself a biiiigggg bag, then poke a few tiny holes in it, and then hitch a ride acting as luggage. :rolleyes: