PDA

View Full Version : A Daily Dose of "Stupid"...

JEDIpartner
09-14-2009, 02:45 PM
So, last week, one of my co-workers lost a dollar in the vending machine. No worries; we posted a note for the vending company about the lost dollar. Another one came up and lost another dollar. We wrote a second one announcing the loss of yet another dollar. Apparently, someone decided to try their luck and lost a dollar. Big surprise! Another note was placed on the machine OVER the dollar slot.

I just went into the lunchroom and saw that someone came in today and lost another dollar in the machine even though there were notes all over the money slots and selection buttons, basically warning everyone to not put a dollar in. The only reason I know this is because the person just came in from the field today and isn't usually here and they scribbled a note on one of the pre-existing notes.

SMART!!!!

I wonder if anyone else thinks they stand a chance before the vending company comes out to fix this.

Ando
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
So, last week, one of my co-workers lost a dollar in the vending machine. No worries; we posted a note for the vending company about the lost dollar. Another one came up and lost another dollar. We wrote a second one announcing the loss of yet another dollar. Apparently, someone decided to try their luck and lost a dollar. Big surprise! Another note was placed on the machine OVER the dollar slot.

I just went into the lunchroom and saw that someone came in today and lost another dollar in the machine even though there were notes all over the money slots and selection buttons, basically warning everyone to not put a dollar in. The only reason I know this is because the person just came in from the field today and isn't usually here and they scribbled a note on one of the pre-existing notes.

SMART!!!!

I wonder if anyone else thinks they stand a chance before the vending company comes out to fix this.

What sort of business do you work in?

These people aren't designing bridges or building elevators are they? If so, I need to know.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh yeah, I can relate with stuff like this.

Teaching in the public school system exposes me to these things on a daily basis.

I feel your pain JP, but at times it can be great entertainment!! :)

Ando
09-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah, I can relate with stuff like this.

Teaching in the public school system exposes me to these things on a daily basis.

I feel your pain JP, but at times it can be great entertainment!! :)

Is it the students or the teachers that you see doing stuff like this?

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Is it the students or the teachers that you see doing stuff like this?

While we, the teachers, are nowhere close to being perfect, I was referring to the students.

El Chuxter
09-14-2009, 07:57 PM
ALL HELL STOOPED!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's right, I said it. It had to be done.

JEDIpartner
09-15-2009, 08:27 AM
So, today, the same woman who lost her dollar in the vending machine was standing at the front door to the office as I was pulling into the lot. The office doors can only be opened by a keyfob before 8:30. HOWEVER... about 20 feet away from that door is the door to the pressroom. Since there are people working right next to that door at all times, it remains unlocked. I asked her how long she'd been standing there. She said, "ten minutes." I then asked her if it occurred to her to try the other door. She said she didn't know that door led to our building. Mind you, the pressroom extends another 500 feet beyond that door. So, yeah...

TeeEye7
09-15-2009, 04:05 PM
So, today, the same woman who lost her dollar in the vending machine was standing at the front door to the office as I was pulling into the lot. The office doors can only be opened by a keyfob before 8:30. HOWEVER... about 20 feet away from that door is the door to the pressroom. Since there are people working right next to that door at all times, it remains unlocked. I asked her how long she'd been standing there. She said, "ten minutes." I then asked her if it occurred to her to try the other door. She said she didn't know that door led to our building. Mind you, the pressroom extends another 500 feet beyond that door. So, yeah...

This story reminds me of my favorite (attempted) burglary case of all time I worked:

Seems the bad guy attempted to get in by breaking a window to a covered patio. This did not go well for him as, in breaking the glass, he must have severed an artery. There was so much blood at the scene that it looked like a homicide took place. (BTW, we checked the hospitals and surrounding fire stations, but to no avail). The best part of all of this was that right next to the window our rocket scientist was trying to enter was another window with no glass in it; just covered by plastic affixed by duct tape. All the moron had to do was lift the tape and he would have been into the house.

JEDIpartner
09-16-2009, 08:39 AM
This story reminds me of my favorite (attempted) burglary case of all time I worked:

Seems the bad guy attempted to get in by breaking a window to a covered patio. This did not go well for him as, in breaking the glass, he must have severed an artery. There was so much blood at the scene that it looked like a homicide took place. (BTW, we checked the hospitals and surrounding fire stations, but to no avail). The best part of all of this was that right next to the window our rocket scientist was trying to enter was another window with no glass in it; just covered by plastic affixed by duct tape. All the moron had to do was lift the tape and he would have been into the house.

Now that is some serious STUPID!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised that more people haven't posted stupid things they've witnessed throughout their day!

El Chuxter
09-16-2009, 08:47 AM
When I feel like typing it out, I'm going to have to tell you some of the tales of stupidity from when I was in banking. Man, oh man, you get some dumb people calling the bank to get loans to buy groceries, finding out the minimum is $3000, and deciding to go through with it anyway. :rolleyes:

sonofsokol
09-16-2009, 12:35 PM
I got hit with the stupid stick last night when I started a new thread to talk about the new Toys R Us Clone Commander Training Manual give-a-way that I picked up, but titled it "Clone Commander Manuel", not Manual, thus introducing the new Latino Clone Commander to the world.

TeeEye7
09-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Dude, that's all a non-issue! Quit beating yourself up!

We have fun here laughing with each other not at each other when we mess up!

JEDIpartner
09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
That was a spelling error, not something that lacked common sense!

NerfTW
09-16-2009, 02:19 PM
When I feel like typing it out, I'm going to have to tell you some of the tales of stupidity from when I was in banking. Man, oh man, you get some dumb people calling the bank to get loans to buy groceries, finding out the minimum is $3000, and deciding to go through with it anyway. :rolleyes:

I've had a person want to refinance their mortgage... in the drive up window.

Don't even get me started on the college students at my current job. I had one guy demand curly fries (as opposed to regular, not that it matters in price). I told him that the "curly fries" were onion rings. He just repeated "curly fries" while pointing at them. I gave them to him anyways, and he happily munched away, not quite realizing that he was eating 3 hour old onion rings and not fresh french fries.

Also, despite being the whitest white boy I know and CLEARLY a student worker, I regularly get spoken to as though I can't speak English. Or am mentally disabled. (Our dish room is staffed by an agency that finds work for the disabled or just plain drug addicts) One kid got all smarmy when he demanded "real chicken" (meaning Tyson pre-processed chicken strips) after I pointed out there was "real chicken" (meaning actual chicken breasts with the bones in them) on the main buffet line. He started laughing about how the stupid workers don't even know what "chicken" is.

I just sigh and walk away by this point.

morpheus282
09-16-2009, 10:10 PM
I work in IT and spent several years as a consultant. The stories I could tell...

JEDIpartner
09-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Then tell them!!! That's the whole point of this "stupid" thread!!!!

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2009, 02:28 PM
This happened about a week or so ago...

Me: "The Chinese Exclusion Act prevented anyone of Chinese descent from becoming a legal resident of the United States."

Student: "So is that why there are so many Chinese in China?"

:rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
09-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Oh, Lord!!!!

El Chuxter
09-17-2009, 02:47 PM
NerfTW, you reminded me of my favorite "stupid customer" story from when I worked at TRU. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm had just come out. At this point, TRU employees were not discouraged from helping people as they are now, and we could go into the stockroom to look for things.

Hasbro had, unfortunately, learned to shortpack by this point, and had started the "one villain figure for every fourteen neon Batman figures" policy that has killed the Batman toyline multiple times.

A lady was looking at the figures. She asked me if we had the Joker. She was having trouble finding the Joker anywhere. I told her I'd check on it. A few minutes and three cases later (because if anyone else had pulled a Joker figure, they had to put something back in the case, which had to be a Batman figure), no Joker.

"They don't make the Joker, do they?"

"It's not that. They don't make as many Jokers as they do Batman, so he sells out more quickly."

"You're telling me they don't make the Joker?"

"No, no, no. They do make the Joker. The company thinks Batman is more popular, so they make more Batman figures, and Joker winds up being tougher to find because there aren't as many, and everyone wants him. I'd keep looking, and you can call here as often as you want to see if we've gotten more Batman figures."

"So, I can't get my son a Joker for his birthday because they don't make him anymore?"

"If you keep looking around, you should be able to find him. They do make him, and they're making enough to go around, they're just not putting them out as quickly as they do Batman."

"Why would they stop making the Joker?"

[This continues for about three full minutes, at which point I've had enough.]

"Really, ma'am, if you'll leave your name and phone number, I will personally keep an eye on everything we get in, set aside a Joker figure for you, and call you to let you know it's in."

"I just can't believe they don't make the Joker anymore!"

"No, ma'am, they don't make the Joker. They got complaints from parents' groups that he was too violent, stopped making him, and recalled all the ones that had been released. If you ever see one anywhere, I'd buy it at any price, because it's going to be extremely valuable. The Federal Trade Commission has banned them from ever releasing any Joker figures again."

"Oh, okay, sir, thank you!"

El Chuxter
09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Or another good, toy-related one:

Remember all the news coverage about Episode I toys? For several days afterwards, every time I was in the toy aisle, there'd be someone looking for figures, actually asking which would be more valuable. Usually, they wanted an investment for their kids, and I'd explain to them that modern toys would never be valuable in the way older toys were. Generally, either they believed me, or pretended to, at least.

One time, though, a friend and I were looking at something (I think it was the McFarlane toys, which he collected), and there was a very cranky older woman there. She was looking through the Star Wars toys. She asked me, and I gave her the same answer. She appeared to think I was lying, because (I guess) she thought I wanted to keep all the "valuable" toys to myself, and made clear she was not satisfied with my being "dishonest" to my elders.

She didn't realize that I was there with my friend, who thought she was being obnoxious and stupid. He pretended to be the "nice guy" and offered to help her. We ridded that Wal-Mart of so many worthless pegwarmers that day, they actually got more stock in two days later!

"Oh, and this one, the 'Malakili Rancor Keeper,' he's one of the rarest, and is going to be the most valuable, since he's got this different sort of card. See the hologram sticker? That means he's a limited edition. You're lucky they've got six of them here!"

Mean? Yes. But the woman was such a crank and trying to get rich quick off something she knew nothing about, I never felt too bad about it.

LTBasker
09-17-2009, 03:51 PM
The most common source for my dealing with the common sense-challenged is unfortunately integrated into my family; my aunt. She has a horrible habit of buying movies without seeing them beforehand either at the theater, on tv or through renting. One of these times sticks out the most in my memory. She bought the Brendan Fraser remake of "Journey to the Center of the Earth," but as usual she hadn't seen it beforehand. She assumed that just because it was Fraser she would like it.

Later that day when my family and I were having dinner, she started talking about it. At some point, she said she was very disappointed with the movie, and said "I'm glad we didn't pay to go see it." (Exact quote.) And no, she wasn't being sarcastic.

TeeEye7
09-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Back in my reserve deputy sheriff days, we were required to work our county fair.

One unpleasant duty was working what was called "the beer gate". That was the entrance to the carnival where alcoholic beverages were not permitted inside. Although posted, we constantly had to remind people that they could not tote their brewskies inside.

About every other person took exception to the guy-with-the-gun-and-baton-and-pepper-spray-and-handcuffs-who-could-throw-you-out-(or-worse)-for-noncompliance requesting that they finish their beer before entering the carnival. When things would begin to escalate, we'd point out the sign that read "No alcohol". Without fail, their demeanor would change instantly from combative to plaintive: "Oh, I'm sorry officer! I didn't see the sign!". Year after year, I was amazed at the power that painted piece of plywood had over the guy with the badge. :rolleyes:

Ando
09-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Or another good, toy-related one:

Remember all the news coverage about Episode I toys? For several days afterwards, every time I was in the toy aisle, there'd be someone looking for figures, actually asking which would be more valuable. Usually, they wanted an investment for their kids, and I'd explain to them that modern toys would never be valuable in the way older toys were. Generally, either they believed me, or pretended to, at least.

One time, though, a friend and I were looking at something (I think it was the McFarlane toys, which he collected), and there was a very cranky older woman there. She was looking through the Star Wars toys. She asked me, and I gave her the same answer. She appeared to think I was lying, because (I guess) she thought I wanted to keep all the "valuable" toys to myself, and made clear she was not satisfied with my being "dishonest" to my elders.

She didn't realize that I was there with my friend, who thought she was being obnoxious and stupid. He pretended to be the "nice guy" and offered to help her. We ridded that Wal-Mart of so many worthless pegwarmers that day, they actually got more stock in two days later!

"Oh, and this one, the 'Malakili Rancor Keeper,' he's one of the rarest, and is going to be the most valuable, since he's got this different sort of card. See the hologram sticker? That means he's a limited edition. You're lucky they've got six of them here!"

Mean? Yes. But the woman was such a crank and trying to get rich quick off something she knew nothing about, I never felt too bad about it.

That's a neat trick! I will have to remember that next time I encounter a cranky old person while toy hunting.

"Those Shadow ARC-170's? Yeah, those are NEVER gonna be made again." (Actually, that's sorta true...)

Darth Metalmute
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
A couple of stupid moments from my sister.

When my sister and I were in High School, she got something stuck in her throat at the family table. She yelled, "I've got something stuck in my fallopian tube!" My mom almost fainted and my dad went nuts.

One time she drove up to Frankenmuth, Mi. which is about 2 hours North of Detroit. When she tried to come back, She noticed soverhead signs that said "South - Detroit." She turned around because she was thought she was going the wrong way since all the signs she normally sees say "North -Detroit." She didn't realize what see had done until she started to see signs for the Upper Pennisula and called for directions.

She had a softball camp in Columbus and drove herself down. She thought she was in the car longer then normal and called home to find out if she missed it. My mom asked her, "What does the next sign say?" She replied, "Welcome to Kentucky." She drove S.R. 23 completely through the city because no exit signs said, "For Columbus - turn left."

morpheus282
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Stupid computer user story of the day:

I'm working as a consultant for a firm that charges $125/hr for service, most of which involves server or network problems. I get sent out one day to a regular client due to problems with a PC. I end up being back in the office less than 20 minutes after leaving. The problem: the mouse on a bookkeeper's computer wasn't working. Solution: remove lint from mouse ball rollers. The really stupid part is that there was a spare mouse lying eight feet from the computer that could have been used. Instead they paid us $125 to clean the rollers.

They get better, this is just the first one that came to mind.

JEDIpartner
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Those are all so great!!!!! :crazed:

Here are a couple from today:

Me: Just one moment and I will transfer your call to Linda Poe at ext 1138. She handles that particular account.

Caller: Wait-- her name is "Linda POO"??!!!

Me: No, Linda POE!! (in my head: Yes, That's right. Her name is Linda Poo and I'm Danny Diarrhea. Why don't you just p***-off, you idiot s***-for-brains and choke on your own vomit??!!!!)

-----

Caller: I'm writing a cheque and I need to know who to make it out to and what the mailing address is...

Me: You can make it out to (name of company) or to (acceptable abbreviation). The mailing address is _________________, Cleveland, Ohio 44105.

Caller: "Cleveland" and not "Kay-yoo"...

Me: Cleveland and Cuyahoga Heights are interchangeable.

So... this woman is looking at the bill we sent her and is still asking us who to make the cheque out to and where to send it when all of the information is right on it. BTW, we send return envelopes with our invoices. IDIOTS!!!!!!

TeeEye7
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
We have Computer Assisted Dispatch (CAD) at work, so we're able to check at our desks as to see what's on the call list (the call are prioritized as to seriousness of the event).

Last Friday night, I noticed the call on the bottom of the list was a "Check the Welfare" call. Those are usually important calls and I was curious as the what was up so I read the text of the call.

It seems a concerned parent received a call from his 16-year-old son stating that his 14-year-old brother was being hypnotized on stage at our county fair which is now being held. Dad phoned us and wanted the troops dispatched to see if Little Johnny was OK. :rolleyes:

My question is: When the troops got there how do they know Little Johnny doesn't strut and cluck like a chicken normally?

I never did find out how what happened.....but I think Dad need a post-hypnotic suggestion to not bug the police with things he can handle over the phone himself..

JEDIpartner
10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Caller: I'd like to place an ad in one of the church bulletins.

Me: Sure! Which one...?

Caller: Which one... what?

Me: *slaps forehead* Which CHURCH??!!!!!

Caller: Oh...

:rolleyes:

Ando
10-19-2009, 04:31 PM
If you want great stupid stories, check out www.notalwaysright.com (http://www.notalwaysright.com).

HILARIOUS!

JEDIpartner
10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
If you want great stupid stories, check out www.notalwaysright.com (http://www.notalwaysright.com).

HILARIOUS!

My friend, Jess, was telling me about that site!!!! :love:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Here's a big pile of snow-covered stupid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3h2gLPHz38

morpheus282
01-01-2011, 11:50 PM
You would think that the NY sanitation dept. would be so used to clearing snow by now that they'd be able to do it without trashing a car or getting an end loader stuck.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-02-2011, 12:06 AM
You would think that the NY sanitation dept. would be so used to clearing snow by now that they'd be able to do it without trashing a car or getting an end loader stuck.

My brother was talking about some truck that was hauling something heavy away (I think it was cattle, possibly dead, I forget) and the guy took the turn wrong coming out of his driveway and was about to spill the load. He could tell that he was about to make the wrong turn, and that whatever they were doing to get out of the situation wasn't going to work either. So, he told them the best way to get out of it.

So, I think that someone who knew how to operate one of these things would have had the angles and physics of it all worked out so that they could have avoided or minimized the damage. It looks like there is more room the other direction. They could have pulled that way first. Before that, they could have dug out some of the snow first. I'd be kind of clueless on the best way to go about it, but I could certainly tell that what they were doing was going to end in an epic fail.

JEDIpartner
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
This is, mind you, only about 3% of the amount of stupid I've had on the phone so far this week...

A woman calls up and says, "I'm looking for someone named capital D, capital P, lower-case c."

I respond, "Oh, well... the name of our company is (fake name) Donaldson Printing Company, which is D.P.c."

She seemed confused and surprised.

And then, when I found out that she was interested in advertising in one of our publications, I told her that I would need to get her contact info so I could send it to our ad rep for Texas. She then said, "Okay, but it's not like she knows who I am or anything. I haven't talked to her before. I just wanted to get some prices to place an ad."

Yes, I know what you need. We already determined that...

Yeesh

Bel-Cam Jos
06-18-2011, 10:46 AM
While at a red light, I noticed a telephone pole with a sign attached to it that read "No Signs." :confused:

JimJamBonds
06-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Not more then 15 minutes ago I saw a guy on a motorcycle with a dog! Thats right, he had a dog with him on a motorcycle!!!! We were going in opposite directions so I didn't really get a good look as to how he was pulling off such a stunt. Idiot.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Not more then 15 minutes ago I saw a guy on a motorcycle with a dog! Thats right, he had a dog with him on a motorcycle!!!! We were going in opposite directions so I didn't really get a good look as to how he was pulling off such a stunt. Idiot.Which one was operating the vehicle?

TeeEye7
06-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Which one was operating the vehicle?

**Like!!**

JimJamBonds
06-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Which one was operating the vehicle?Well I'll say again we were going in opposite directions so I didn't get a good look but I'd put my money on the guy.

JEDIpartner
06-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Not more then 15 minutes ago I saw a guy on a motorcycle with a dog! Thats right, he had a dog with him on a motorcycle!!!! We were going in opposite directions so I didn't really get a good look as to how he was pulling off such a stunt. Idiot.

Morons. :whip:

JEDIpartner
11-04-2011, 11:58 AM
This sums up my day:

Caller: "Hello... can I pay my energy bill over the phone?"
Me: "I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number. We are a printing company."
Caller: "Oh... errrrr... do you have their number?"
Me: "Again, I work for a printing company. You would need to call directory assistance."
Caller: "Do you have their number?"
Me: "*sigh* 4-1-1. Have a good day."

JEDIpartner
11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
I just took some credit card information from someone for their advertising order and this is how it finished up:
Me: "Is there anything else I can do for you today?"
Caller: "No... that'll be it."
Me: "Great! Well, thanks for calling that in and supporting that account for another year. Have a great close to your week and a fantastic weekend."
Caller: "Can you send me a receipt?"
:eek:
...I think the answer to "Is there anything else I can do for you today?" would actually be "yes".

Thank God I wasn't pushing her out of a plane!
Me: "Do you have everything?"
Parachutist: "Yes..."
Me: "OK... have a great jump!! We'll see you on the ground!"
*pushes her out of the plane*
Parachutist: "Oh, I need my parachuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!"

JEDIpartner
01-25-2012, 09:33 AM
:black_eyed: US $4 billion in Race to the Top funds distributed, and we get this (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/in_for_bad_spell_6P0ucEX2cUYafpF8K5zp3L) as a result...

*slaps forehead*

Bel-Cam Jos
01-26-2012, 08:11 PM
I was in a discount store today, and in the food aisle they had... wait for it... a Larry the Cable Guy hamburger/pasta mix (a la Hamburger Helper). Really?

JEDIpartner
01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Seriously? Like he has to have THAT brand? And, really, they even MAKE such a thing?

JEDIpartner
03-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Caller: You're charging me for a second colour and I'm only getting one colour. There's no second colour on the back page of the publication.
Me: Hold on, let me pull up the publication and have a look at it.
Caller: You don't have to, I know this for a fact!
Me: Well, just humour me for a moment. *looks at pdf* Uh, ma'am? There's colour throughout the entire newsletter and I see a second colour in your ad as well as a couple others.
Caller: Well, I know that there's another colour, but I'm only getting one!
Me: You're getting black and white and then whatever colour they are using as the spot colour of the week.
Caller: Right, but that's only one colour.
Me: No, that's two-- black... and the colour.
Caller: Shouldn't you consider that a third colour?
Me: No, 'cos everyone gets black and white. If we didn't put the black in the publication, it would just be "paper".
Caller: Oh... OK, then. I guess you're right.

TeeEye7
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
That's one of the reasons why I ceased to be a graphic artist.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Because it might lead to graphic violence?

JEDIpartner
03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Newsweek had an article listing 31 things that will make you smarter. Coming in at #5 was "throw away your smartphone", which was then followed at #7, #15 and #21 with suggestions to download the TED app, follow someone on Twitter and something else they wanted you to do with your phone now that you've thrown it in the garbage.

Fail.

Tycho
03-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Caller: You're charging me for a second colour and I'm only getting one colour. There's no second colour on the back page of the publication.
Me: Hold on, let me pull up the publication and have a look at it.
Caller: You don't have to, I know this for a fact!
Me: Well, just humour me for a moment. *looks at pdf* Uh, ma'am? There's colour throughout the entire newsletter and I see a second colour in your ad as well as a couple others.
Caller: Well, I know that there's another colour, but I'm only getting one!
Me: You're getting black and white and then whatever colour they are using as the spot colour of the week.
Caller: Right, but that's only one colour.
Me: No, that's two-- black... and the colour.
Caller: Shouldn't you consider that a third colour?
Me: No, 'cos everyone gets black and white. If we didn't put the black in the publication, it would just be "paper".
Caller: Oh... OK, then. I guess you're right.

That's racist JP:

You're showing preference to blacks and whites but not other colors! :P

JEDIpartner
03-05-2012, 08:59 AM
No, that's racist... Liz Lemon. :o

JEDIpartner
05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I had someone hang up on me ‘cos I was being “uncooperative” this morning. Really? She was telling me she wanted to pay her invoice online and couldn’t. I was trying to get her account number from her, so I could help her. I was telling her where to look on the invoice to find this information. She got mad and hung up on me. I called her back and she said that she was computer savvy and not stupid, but I was making her feel that way. OK—let’s get this sorted…

It ends up that she has NO invoice to pay and we didn’t send her an invoice in the mail. She was looking at an e-mail our corporate office sent her and she (unlike the thousands of others who get that in their e-mail) couldn’t make out that it was an informational e-mail that just had random news on it and wasn’t an invoice. There was a little blurb about how we now accept online payments and the advertisers could now make payments online when they are due. How computer savvy and “not stupid” is this woman? You decide.