PDA

View Full Version : New AT-RT, but no knee articulation?

JediTricks
09-17-2009, 04:28 PM
EE posted the pic:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS91349E

So there's the animated AT-RT in the deluxe asst, but it looks like they cheaped out and didn't give it knee articulation. No ankles either. What's the point then? It's not especially different from the first one, except this is smaller and has no motor and has the animated design. But why would I buy this after 4 years of suffering the original's limitations? Annoying.

El Chuxter
09-17-2009, 04:30 PM
What was the price point on the original? $25? My guess is they're putting the cheaper (quality) version out so it fits in the cheaper (price) assortment. Kids aren't going to know any better, just like they don't know to pass on the Desert Sport Skiff (because, of course, the sheer awesomeness of that vehicle is only manageable by adults... no parent wants their five-year-old to open a toy that's so amazing and cool that women start jumping into their kid's window and ripping off their clothes).

sonofsokol
09-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Where do I sign up for one of those skiff thingies???

As far as the AT-RT is concerned, the onces in the Ryloth episode almost looked organic, like they were alive or something if that makes any sense. They made the ones in ROTS seem clunky in comparison. I can't imagine how cool a fully articulated one be...

DarkArtist
09-17-2009, 06:20 PM
I'd get a couple of the AT-RT to use as background filler for a Clone Observation Post Diorama but that's about it.... would kill to get a SA version of the AT-RT though

clone157
09-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd get a couple of the AT-RT to use as background filler for a Clone Observation Post Diorama but that's about it.... would kill to get a SA version of the AT-RT though

Tell me about it, that was a question I recommended in the q&A. I would just like to see if it can be folded up and put into the AT-TE. But it doesn't look that bad.

morpheus282
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
For this toy, more articulation = better. That said, I'll buy at least one to fill out my walker collection.

What's a man got to do to get a retooled AT-AT anyway?

JediTricks
10-16-2009, 03:58 PM
What was the price point on the original? $25? My guess is they're putting the cheaper (quality) version out so it fits in the cheaper (price) assortment. Kids aren't going to know any better, just like they don't know to pass on the Desert Sport Skiff (because, of course, the sheer awesomeness of that vehicle is only manageable by adults... no parent wants their five-year-old to open a toy that's so amazing and cool that women start jumping into their kid's window and ripping off their clothes).$15 with a figure and electric motor, also known as $2 less than this new one.