PDA

View Full Version : Mattel's New Avatar movie action figures...

jedimastergeorge06
09-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't think any one has talked about this yet but ive seen photos of the new figures from james camerons avatar movie and i think they look pretty cool. I went to a website called clarktoys.com and they have them on the site for sale and they are instock also. So i ordered jake sully the one in the wheelchair. Its sam wetherington from terminator salvation.

Im kind of excited about this line. This will be my fifth action figure line that i will be collecting. The i-tag thing looks cool from what i have seen on youtube. But you have to have a camera hooked onto your computer in order to do it. But the line looks great and maybe it will be a hit....time will tell. I have been trying to find more pictures and maybe some detailed pictures but can not find anything. But i should get my figure in about a day or two. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
some of the toys do look really cool and could work as background characters for SW dios as well as G.I. Joe dios.... might have to invest in some of the product when it hits retail.

Ando
09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I am excited to see these toys hit retail, too. I think the combat vehicles should be pretty cool and I will definitely be looking to get them.

jedimastergeorge06
09-24-2009, 07:08 PM
I got the jake sully as an alien and the human one tht comes in the wheel chair. They are pretty cool figures especaily the human jake sully. This is a great collection.

RooJay
09-26-2009, 03:37 AM
I'm in as well! These look really cool, and I can't wait to add them to my collection! The movie don't look half bad either.:thumbsup:

jonthejedi
10-03-2009, 05:09 AM
Saw these at a md. TRU, but didn't see too much in the way of the human figs. That AMP suit rocks.

figrin bran
10-05-2009, 02:32 AM
I can't believe the figures are 9.99 at TRU!

Granted they are pretty nice and it makes one wonder why Mattel's DCIH figures aren't similar to these.

RooJay
10-06-2009, 04:12 AM
I picked up Avatar Sully and Neytiri. They're both a cool as I'd expected except for seeming more than a bit too short. They both stand about as tall as the current line of GI Joes. Since they're supposed to be quite tall in the movie, this lead me to believe that the humans in the line (which I have yet to see in person) are going to end up no more than three inches tall, or else the aliens are wildly out of scale. Either way, it's a bit disappointing to me. I did see a couple of the vehicles for the line at TRU, though, and I'm still hopeful they can accommodate GI Joes.

Phantom-like Menace
10-08-2009, 01:33 AM
I got the gunship and love it. So far I've only jammed a Marvel Universe figure into it. It was a bit of a tight fit with his holster and widely positioned arms. I haven't tried a Joe figure yet.

I really like the size of the props on this thing. Too many of this type of vehicle have props that seem too small to achieve lift, but these things are massive. I'm also nicely impressed by the armament loadout which makes them look really mean.

I'd love to get three more of these, but we'll see.

Ando
10-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I got the gunship and love it. So far I've only jammed a Marvel Universe figure into it. It was a bit of a tight fit with his holster and widely positioned arms. I haven't tried a Joe figure yet.

I really like the size of the props on this thing. Too many of this type of vehicle have props that seem too small to achieve lift, but these things are massive. I'm also nicely impressed by the armament loadout which makes them look really mean.

I'd love to get three more of these, but we'll see.

Do you have any pictures to share? I really like the look of those from the trailer and may have to get one or two of them...

DarkArtist
10-08-2009, 12:19 PM
have yet to see these at retail. was in 2 TRU's, 2 Targets and 2 Walmarts yesterday and nothing.

Phantom-like Menace
10-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Do you have any pictures to share? I really like the look of those from the trailer and may have to get one or two of them...

I'll see what I can get for you tomorrow night. Unfortunately, it's at home right now, and I'm at work. I'll bring a few different 3 3/4" figures if I remember and see how they fit.

Phantom-like Menace
10-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Okay, some pics:

Joe figures fit perfectly
http://members.cox.net/fmkj/scorpion1.jpg

The instrument panel/HUD flips up to make it easier to get your figures in
http://members.cox.net/fmkj/scorpion2.jpg

And a head on shot
http://members.cox.net/fmkj/scorpion3.jpg

I think this thing rocks with Joe figures.

RooJay
10-10-2009, 04:00 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to find my own!

DarkArtist
10-17-2009, 03:03 PM
finally spotted some of these Thrusday night at retail the figures look okay, but the vehicles look amazing... thinking of geing the ATV like vehicle and maybe trying to make it into a Clone Wars kinda vehicle or maybe a G.I. Joe vehicle. also like the Mech Suit and Helicopter vehicle as well.

jedimastergeorge06
10-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Couple of weeks ago i saw some of the 6 inch figures and 3 inch na'iv figures and the copter and the big creatures at toysrus and went this past week and the figures are totaly gone its like they didnt exist but the ship and the big creatures are still there. Its strange.

Anyway i went to target and they had every thing except the copter ship. The 3 inch figures are 8.99...a dollar cheaper than the normal price. However i have seen this happen with other figures ..the price starts out being cheaper and then the price goes up so i hope that doesnt change and the price stays low. I got two figures...private sean fike and colonel miles quaritch. Im pretty impressed with this collection. I saw the trudy figure and the paint job was kinda bad so i passed on her for now.

Blue2th
10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
I saw these at Target yesterday. I'm impressed with Mattel's detail on the figures, which I wasn't expecting. I was actually surprised to read Mattel on them.

I definitely want to buy that Mech Suit Walker. It reminds me of the ones they used in Starship Troopers animated Roughneck series I used to watch religiously.
I didn't see the Copter though.

I hope the film is good. I really like the main actor Worthington.

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Has anybody bought or seen a review of the mech suit? I want to get it, but the legs look too simplistic. What's a mech without movable legs?