PDA

View Full Version : Top 10/ Bottom 10 SW Titaniums

Darth Duranium
09-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Well, now that we pretty much know what's coming up before the Onslaught of the Dreaded Hiatusness, I thought it might be fun to make a Best/Worst 10 list.

Here's mine:

Top 10
- Rogue Shadow
- TIE Defender
- ROTS JSF w/ H-Ring
- Virago
- TF Battleship/Droid Control ship
- Nebulon B
- Tantive IV
- Imperial Landing Ship
- C-9979 TF Landing Ship
- Venator

Bottom 10
- Anakin's Podracer
- Sebulba's Podracer
- TX-130 Tank
- SSD w/ ISD
- 1st X-Wing tool
- Speederbikes (take yer pick)
- IG-2000
- Millennium Falcon
- Sandtrooper on Dewback
- Z-95 Headhunter

Curious to see how your lists look. :D

Darth Windu
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Going to have to disagree on a few with you here DH:

Best:
- RotS Jedi Starfighter
- RotS Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring
- new X-wing
- Venator
- Naboo Royal Starship (Ep1)
- V-19
- AotC Jedi Starfighter
- Twilight
- AT-OT
- AT-ST

Worst:
- TIE Defender
- original X-wing
- ARC-170
- SSD
- Clone Turbo Tank
- Invisible Hand
- Hailfire Droid
- Y-wing
- Republic Cruiser
- Vulture Droid

JediTricks
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM
I could ask about nearly every entry on your guys' worst lists. But then again, I can't even play nice and keep my lists to the prescribed 10. Here are the ones that hit my eye, in no intended order:

Top 10-ish:

X-wing (new mold)
Millennium Falcon
TIE Fighter
Slave I
Star Destroyer
Death Star
AT-ST
Naboo Fighter
Ep 2 Jedi Starfigher w/ Hyperspace Ring
AT-AT
B-wing
Imperial Shuttle
Luke's Landspeeder
TIE Bomber
MTT
Hailfire Droid
Trade Fed Landing Craft
Droid Gunship

Bottom 10-ish:

Wookiee Flyer
AT-RT
Swamp Speeder
Dewback
Rogue Shadow
T-16 Skyhopper
TIE Disappointment (I mean, "Defender")
V-19 Torrent
Republic Attack Shuttle
BARC Speeder
Hound's Tooth
Hyena Bomber
ARC-170

Clearly I'm fairly satisfied with the line, it was a lot harder to find poor choices than good ones.

darth_morpheus
09-22-2009, 04:16 PM
This list was fairly difficult to put together. I like any Titanium they made to some degree, even the worst I'm glad they made so my worst list is short. It would have been easier to pick 15 good ones and only 5 worst ones. Anyways here is my list:

Awesome ships:

- ROTS Jedi Starfighter with Hyper Ring (very heavy and just plain awesome)
- Rogue Shadow (I love the game so the ship rocks)
- Droid Tri-Fighter (neat design and a sturdy ship)
- Naboo Royal Starship (great design though it does lack features)
- ROTS Jedi Starfighter (nice ship with a lot of features)
- Trade Federation Landing Craft (for some reason this ship is just awesome)
- Trade Federation Battleship (very heavy and I like the design)
- Outrider (from another game I love)
- Naboo Fighter (nice sleek design)
- P-38 Magna Guard (another great fighter)

Also I love the Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mark II

Not So Awesome Ships:

- Jabba's Sailbarge (just plain boring but I really don't know what else you can do with this ship to make it more exciting at this scale)
- Desert Skiff (boring brown but does have some nice features)
- Sandcrawler (boring brown)
- IG-2000 (I partly dislike this one because the company and year is on the top of the ship)
- Clone Turbo Tank (because only 4 of the 10 wheels roll)

I'm glad they made those ships but they aren't on the top of my list and I can't think of any more that I would include so my list is short.

Darth Duranium
09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Totally interesting lists! No love for the TIE Defender? I agree that the plastic material's pretty lame but I still think it's a great tool... if you've got one that isn't warped.:D

Agreed, it is way easier to list the Best than the Worst... I gotta say that I even like those Worst ones, too!

I loved all of the BSG ships so I can't say anything remotely negative about them, except for the garish scribbly paint on the white Viper Mk VII.

That new X-Wing tool should have been on my Best list... it is nice. I also like the Outrider, DS, AT-OT, and MTT a lot... it's hard to pick 10, eh JT?

Darth Windu
09-22-2009, 11:36 PM
I'll also agree that it's a lot easier picking the best than it is the worst - things like the B-wing and AAT for example could've easily made my list.

With the TIE Defender the biggest problem was the permanently attached stand. Without that, it would've been pretty good but as it is, not impressive.

I'd think the new X-wing tool, AT-ST and the RotS Jedi Starfighter are the best, in terms of detail, play value, features etc - they seemed to have a lot of love poured into them as opposed to say the AT-RT or ARC-170, which isn't even accurately designed...

To be honest I'm not sure what it is about the AT-OT though but I love it! Doesn't do much, isn't that exciting and yet it appeals to me greatly. Go figure. :)

Darth Duranium
09-24-2009, 04:02 PM
The AT-OT's got amazing detail for its size, IMO.

I like the Rebel Transport a lot... like you DW, I really can't say why I think it's so great (no features whatsoever) but I do!:D

JediTricks
09-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Totally interesting lists! No love for the TIE Defender? I agree that the plastic material's pretty lame but I still think it's a great tool... if you've got one that isn't warped.:DBesides the trouble with the warped wings, there's the perma-stand problem, and after that I just don't quite like the sculpt on it, somehow it loses something compared to the Action Fleet version.

I loved all of the BSG ships so I can't say anything remotely negative about them, except for the garish scribbly paint on the white Viper Mk VII.Oh, I could go to town on the BSG situation. All the classics were great, except the actual Galactica. :p The moderns had a real winner in the Galactica, and good sculpt on the Viper Mk 2 but the first paint was awful, the black and the second version of the white paint were much better. I'm totally unimpressed with the Mk 7 sculpt, there's something lazy about it. The Raider seems like a crappy item at first, but if you find the paint scheme that fits it right, it can really be decent. The Pegasus sculpt is a little on the cheap side in a way I can't define, but the set isn't bad, just a little odd. Then there's Colonial One, which delivers what it sets out to yet feels lame just by existing, despite being a good sculpt and paint, and fitting with SW Coruscant sculpts. Ultimately though, the line's biggest failure was that it ended.

That new X-Wing tool should have been on my Best list... it is nice. I also like the Outrider, DS, AT-OT, and MTT a lot... it's hard to pick 10, eh JT?Once the Outrider gets into my hands, it'll be very difficult to not include it on the top list.

I find it's easier with a line like this to not try to do top 10 lists, but instead just make top tiers. With my top 16 list or whatever it was, I think that might have helped, but it's difficult to be entirely objective, how can I not put the Landspeeder in the top tier when it's so accurate? Because it has clear wobble-wheels? Because it has no figures? Those are pretty sketchy reasons, and yet that TS feels like a 2nd tier vehicle. Or the new X-wing, it's damned near perfect and yet the fall-off guns is a problem that might hold it back.

I'll also agree that it's a lot easier picking the best than it is the worst - things like the B-wing and AAT for example could've easily made my list.The AAT should have been on my top list, the only reason it wasn't is because I was looking at my display and didn't notice it in there. It's a really good sculpt though. Ugh, another addition!!! :p

The ARC-170 has quite a bit of detractors, yet we never asked for a new version. I guess it's just because it's not that important a vehicle, but it seems like that was some really tepid work on that one and it could have fared better.

Darth Windu
09-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh, I could go to town on the BSG situation. All the classics were great, except the actual Galactica. :p The moderns had a real winner in the Galactica, and good sculpt on the Viper Mk 2 but the first paint was awful, the black and the second version of the white paint were much better. I'm totally unimpressed with the Mk 7 sculpt, there's something lazy about it. The Raider seems like a crappy item at first, but if you find the paint scheme that fits it right, it can really be decent. The Pegasus sculpt is a little on the cheap side in a way I can't define, but the set isn't bad, just a little odd. Then there's Colonial One, which delivers what it sets out to yet feels lame just by existing, despite being a good sculpt and paint, and fitting with SW Coruscant sculpts. Ultimately though, the line's biggest failure was that it ended.
The only things wrong with the modern Galactica is that the peg hole is too far back, and the hanger arms on mine are a little loose. I love the Pegasus and Raptor though, very nice. I'll agree about the Viper Mk.7 though, quite disappointing. I mean honestly, how hard is it at least to add landing gear?

Or the new X-wing, it's damned near perfect and yet the fall-off guns is a problem that might hold it back.
Ah, the benefits of superglue gel ;-)

The ARC-170 has quite a bit of detractors, yet we never asked for a new version. I guess it's just because it's not that important a vehicle, but it seems like that was some really tepid work on that one and it could have fared better.
I did :-p. Not sure if it got asked to Hasbro, but I did bring it up (maybe on another website), especially the issue of the awful 'beak' on it.

Darth Duranium
09-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Just going through all of your lists and comments:

Agreed, landing gear would have been nice on the Viper Mk VII, but in its defence let me say that it's a nice size, lots of metal, and the last clean paintjob with the Seal markings was just superb! They finally aced it, like the "Scar" Raider.

I wasn't particularly thrilled by the TS classic Viper... it's plastic and runty... but it's still ok, like the Headhunter and T-16. I thought the classic Galactica was pretty good... a nice size and lots of metal... meh paint and a bit scrawny though. Konami whups TS on those 2 ships, IMHO.

Their Colonial One was pretty credible and I agree it looks great with the Republic cruisers! Agreed, the Raptors and Viper Mk IIs (especially the SDCC and Starbuck ones) were simply outstanding!

Just love the Pegasus... fantastic detail for a ship its size... absolutely one of Titanium's best! What's not to love?:D Probably my favourite capital ship.

The modern Galactica does have a bad hole, but otherwise it's suh-weet, too... nice detailing and paint on both versions. Better than the Ultra in some ways, IMO.

My TS ships are always on their stands so the perma-stand issue with the TIE Defrauder wasn't a concern for me. I totally agree that the AF one's much better but the TS one looks great on the shelf. I've never loved their regular TIE fighter... especially the last slightly bent one (rebel logo).

Never had the falling turrets issue with the new X-Wing tool... weird... my nitpick would be its wobbly tilting wings. Nice to see the Swamp Speeder and Hyena Bomber taking a crap-kicking! :whip:

Random thoughts:
I'd be happier with the Naboo fighters if they didn't have the bendy back ends but they're great otherwise. Wasn't thrilled about the Rogue Shadow at first but it really grew on me... especially after playing the game.:D I like the P-38 a lot but wish there was more of it. Never liked the cockpit on the B-Wings but otherwise it's a solid tool. Would have put the ISD on my Best list if it wasn't for the engine switch for the poppin' Tantive IV feature. The V-19 tool's great but the canopy colour's and stand position are just ridiculous.

Top tiers is definitely the way to go! Some of the tools (e.g. AAT, Skiff, Sandcrawler, Sailbarge, Cloud Car, Hailfire, various Walkers) are all quite good but don't necessarily rate with a shiny fighter or badass capital ship! Maybe it should be Best Snub Fighter, Best Small Transport, Best Speeder, Best Walker etc. :thumbsup: