PDA

View Full Version : Wave 12 at retail

Darth Duranium
09-24-2009, 04:47 PM
FYI:
Just saw what's left of Wave 12 (or a Wave 11 revision) at Sci-Fi Genre:
It includes:

-Baron Fel's TIE Interceptor (repack)
-Magnaguard Starfighter (original paint)
-Republic Gunship (new - still in stock!)
-Republic V-Wing Starfighter (repack)
-Shadow Trooper Gunship (repack)
-TIE Defender (repack)

I'd imagine that the Punishing One (definitely), Neb B, Malevolence, and Outrider might have made up the rest... but those are all sold out and there's no list of them.

JediTricks
09-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Ugh, I'm going to faint. I'm already way behind.

Darth Duranium
09-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Ugh, I'm going to faint. I'm already way behind.

JT, as of today, HTS has ships from wave 10 available for order... and SciFi Genre has some ships from earlier waves, too. Hope you can catch up... I doubt you've missed much because there hasn't been much to miss. :cross-eye

Good hunting!

cloneemperor
09-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm already way behind.

I know how you feel. There hasn't been any new Titanium on shelves around here all year. I am way behind.

jonthejedi
09-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Found rebel transport & Mist Hunter at area WalMart today...no others.

Darth Duranium
10-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Just got the new Republic Gunship tool today:

A much taller, bulkier, more muscular profile than the first tool... closer to what we see onscreen and the AF one. Ship's all metal, except for the cannons and missile launchers...and they're a little bit beefier, too.

The wings are shorter and more triangular and the tailgun's shorter. Real shame they didn't add those side turrets, eh DW? The rear doors are "closed" now so the big empty rear bay is gone... big improvement.

The cockpit doesn't open now and the guns are fixed forward... both fine by me. There's a little overspray on the red paint but overall, the paint's generally pretty good up close.

Surprising that this tool's coming out now ...without 10 repaints.:D

Recommended!:thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-01-2009, 04:16 PM
JT, as of today, HTS has ships from wave 10 available for order... and SciFi Genre has some ships from earlier waves, too. Hope you can catch up... I doubt you've missed much because there hasn't been much to miss. :cross-eye

Good hunting!
Hmm, I had the Mist Hunter in my cart but couldn't pull the trigger, their shipping costs are SO high and then they charge sales tax when they're not even in my state. I may as well buy from a sleazebag on ebay, at least there I'm not paying sales tax, just scalper tax. The worst part is that if they had more new vehicles, I would have pulled that trigger.

Nightside
10-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Bah! Still drowning in Viragos, IG-2000s and Hound's Teeth around here. I hope something new turns up on the pegs soon.

Darth Duranium
10-06-2009, 01:47 AM
I know how you feel. There hasn't been any new Titanium on shelves around here all year.

Sorry Cloneemp... Hasbro Canada has just announced the obvious:

Snowtroopers.ca: Will we see any of the last waves of Titaniums at Canadian Retail before the line goes on hiatus?

Hasbro: We will not be shipping any new Titanium into Canada before the line goes on hiatus.

Not exactly a shock, eh?

cloneemperor
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Nope, no real surprise at all. Considering there hasn't been any new Titanium at all this year in my neck of the woods.

Darth Duranium
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Same here, Cloneemp. There's 2 places in Toronto that still occasionally have them... but they're grey market from the US and they don't sell them online. I've seen nothing from WM or TRU this year at all... just Desert Skiffs.:upset:

Blue2th
10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
There's nothing in this wave I don't already have except that new tool Gunship.
I'll be buying that for sure.

JediTricks
10-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Found the Mist Hunter today at Target. It's a decent sculpt, but very un-Star Warsy, and that cockpit is really sad all barren like that. They worked hard to hide the metal on it.

Also, just ordered the Malevolence from HTS, and the Punishing One & Gunship are listed as "Coming Soon".

Darth Duranium
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
That's funny, JT. From the reports, I expected to find that the only thing metal on it was the screws. :D A pleasant surprise to find that the lower hull is actually metal.
Agreed, it is kinda "unStarWarsy" as you say... would look more at home in the Thunderbirds universe.

I tried to order the Malevolence and Punishing One from Brian's Toys last week but they screwed around so long (5 days to get back to me about shipping) that they sold out in the meantime. I got the proverbial shaft. Last time I try them.:whip:

Whirlygig
10-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I got the new gunship from SciFi Genre, thanks for the heads up on that one. I have the Malevolence, Mist Hunter, Anakin's Y-wing, Windu's hyper-ring, Outrider, and Nebulon B preordered from BBTS (a whole case; sucks but not much more than preordering them separately).

It seems like the one I'm going to have trouble with is the Punishing One. That is, assuming BBTS ever gets their cases in -- if they don't I'll be hosed on the rest too.

My local stores don't seem to refresh stock very often at all anymore; I finally started seeing the Xanadu Blood a few weeks back. I gave up on wasting gas trying to find these things long ago when gas went up and local Titanium stock went down.

JediTricks
10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Punishing One and the new Gunship are on HTS already after just last night. Nice timing, jerks, now I get to dump another few bucks on another shipping fee, which really cheeses me off.

That's funny, JT. From the reports, I expected to find that the only thing metal on it was the screws. :D A pleasant surprise to find that the lower hull is actually metal.The lower hull isn't metal, it's actually the center of the hull, the top of the nose and then the midline and then the upper halves of the engines. It's a very odd way to do it, it's a plastic sandwich. :p

Agreed, it is kinda "unStarWarsy" as you say... would look more at home in the Thunderbirds universe.Not sleek enough IMO, it has a very lumpy '90s feel to it, there was a ton of sci-fi then that didn't franchise as well as they thought because it was all boring. It reminds me of something from a PC video game from back in the day.

Whirlygig
10-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Punishing One and the new Gunship are on HTS already after just last night. Nice timing, jerks, now I get to dump another few bucks on another shipping fee, which really cheeses me off.Thanks for the heads up. When I made my previous post, I had just gone there and it said "sold out"...weird.