PDA

View Full Version : ROTJ wave showing up at TRU

Snowtrooper
09-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Just a little heads up. Yakface has reported that some people have been finding the ROTJ wave at TRU. Might be worth checking your local store to see if their in stock.

bigbarada
09-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Just a little heads up. Yakface has reported that some people have been finding the ROTJ wave at TRU. Might be worth checking your local store to see if their in stock.

Woo-hoo! I've got to pick someone up at the airport tomorrow and there is a TRU on the way. So I might head out about half an hour early. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
09-26-2009, 12:49 PM
no such luck today... 2 TRU's and nothing but pegs of Yarna, Grievous, Legends and of course Commander Ponds....

bigbarada
09-26-2009, 03:25 PM
No luck here either. :( Nothing but pegwarming Ponds as far as the eye can see. :upset:

They did have the Lars Homestead BP in the clearance bins for $30, but even that is more than twice what I would be will to pay for that piece of garbage.

DarkArtist
09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
HTS has the ROTJ wave in stock - just placed an order for Luke, Leia, Ewoks and Prune Face

TheDarthVader
09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
HTS has the ROTJ wave in stock - just placed an order for Luke, Leia, Ewoks and Prune Face

Thanks for the heads up. I also ordered these along with Giran, Malakili, and Nikto gunner. :D

bigbarada
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM

Woohoo! I just placed my order for Giran and the Nikto Gunner. :pleased:

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

I had some second thoughts when I saw the shipping cost, but considering that my nearest Wal-Mart is a 20 mile round trip and they don't even have the AOTC wave yet, then I think I'm actually saving myself some money, gas and frustration by buying them online.

Snowtrooper
09-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Excellent!!! I'll be placing my order soon.

For those of you ordering, here are a couple of codes I think still work:

STARWARS10 -10% off. Good through 9/30/09. I just used this one to order TPM wave a few days ago.

BKTF09 -Free shipping. I haven't tried this one and I'm not sure when the expiration date is.

Sorry I didn't get these posted before some of you ordered.

bigbarada
09-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Excellent!!! I'll be placing my order soon.

For those of you ordering, here are a couple of codes I think still work:

STARWARS10 -10% off. Good through 9/30/09. I just used this one to order TPM wave a few days ago.

BKTF09 -Free shipping. I haven't tried this one and I'm not sure when the expiration date is.

Sorry I didn't get these posted before some of you ordered.

:whip:

Thanks, though! I only ordered the figures that I didn't mind paying the extra amount for. I'll try those codes when I order the other figures from this wave.:)

bigbarada
09-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Well, looks like I ordered just in time because Giran and the Nikto Gunner are out of stock, but so is Slave Leia and the Ewoks.:(

Anyways, these aren't showing up in the storefront, so I have to type the names into the search box to find each figure. However, I can't seem to find Malikili when I type in "malikili" or "rancor keeper" so does someone have a direct link to that figure?

figrin bran
09-28-2009, 10:07 PM
BigB, you can find them all if you click on the "Legacy Collection" link but not the "Build A Droid" link.

bigbarada
09-28-2009, 10:13 PM
BigB, you can find them all if you click on the "Legacy Collection" link but not the "Build A Droid" link.

Thank you, I just realized it's m-a-l-a-k-i-l-i not m-a-l-i-k-i-l-i. :o

morpheus282
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
I checked one of the local TRUs last night, nothing new in Legacy. They had the new legends cards and more of the CW stuff, but nothing I wanted.

The hunt for slave Leia continues!

Jabbapalacespy
09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
No luck in West Virginia yet. :tired:

morpheus282
09-30-2009, 06:08 AM
No luck in West Virginia yet. :tired:

I never had any luck in WV. With anything. :sad:

DarkArtist
09-30-2009, 07:10 AM
well HTS is shipping Luke, Leia, Ewoks and Nien Numb so hopefully soon I'll have them in hand...can't wait

pbarnard
09-30-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm trying to figure out how, what and where to buy since in the stores won't really be an option until really close to the holidays. There's been nothing new locally since March Star Wars wise.

autumnsdescent
09-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Here in Indianapolis, the Castleton TRU hasn't put ANY of the new Legacy figures out since the packaging change over. They have all the new CW waves. They have all the greatest hits waves. In fact, I just found the ESB wave at that TRU for the first time this week. I think they're running a little behind.

I went to 2 WM's and 2 Target stores yesterday. One WM and one Target had replenished TPM wave.

Eagerly looking forward to the ROTJ wave...

Darth Metalmute
09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Just got the Episode 1 assortment at my TRU. However all that was left was the Scout Trooper. :rolleyes:

dindae
09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
HTS just restocked this wave. The coupon code no longer works though so i'm gonna wait to pic these up at retail.

pbarnard
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Some are already gone. :(

Old Fossil
09-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't expect to see this wave on store shelves until early December. Biding my time until then.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
09-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Just got my shipping confirmation email from HTS, so Giran and Nysad are on the way! :pleased:

bigbarada
09-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Question: wasn't the 2nd Ugnaught supposed to be one of the repacks in the ROTJ wave? Or is it coming out at a later time?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535J1

sebillba
09-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Question: wasn't the 2nd Ugnaught supposed to be one of the repacks in the ROTJ wave? Or is it coming out at a later time?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535J1

Good to see it's finally going to show up - any news on the second Hoth Rebel Trooper?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Good to see it's finally going to show up - any news on the second Hoth Rebel Trooper?
I thought the most recent word was that he's not planned on the red and white cards, but that some of him supposedly did ship on the blue and white cards, but in extremely low numbers, and I haven't heard any confirmations that people ever found him.

And in case anyone was wondering, the number on the new Ugnaught seems to be BD28. Even though he's only in one revision case, I doubt he'll be hard to find, given the relative ease of still finding the first version.

pbarnard
09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
And in case anyone was wondering, the number on the new Ugnaught seems to be BD28. Even though he's only in one revision case, I doubt he'll be hard to find, given the relative ease of still finding the first version.

Who in nine Correlian hells are you speaking for? Sure isn't me. Haven't ever seen this wave in stores. Only "new" thing I've seen is the Red Carded Legends and CW.

Snowtrooper
09-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Just got my shipping confirmation email from HTS, so Giran and Nysad are on the way! :pleased:

Got my shipping notice too. Got everything except Leia cause it sold out before I got around to ordering it.

Devo
09-30-2009, 09:09 PM

Yeah but what if you already ordered a case assortment that doesn't have it? I hope its available individually.

I received this wave the other day. Definitely the best one since the ANH wave with Wioslea etc. All great figures apart from DSII Luke which, while surprisingly poseable, looks awfully misproportioned and bulky in the wrong places.

Sitting Leia is fantastic, just what we needed. Giran and Nysad rule all. Major Panno and Nien nunb (despite the lack of cap) are good figures for the ROTJ briefing room diorama, Malakali (much shorter than POTF2) is great if far from the most requested update and the ewoks are great additions to the teddy bear army.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Who in nine Correlian hells are you speaking for? Sure isn't me. Haven't ever seen this wave in stores. Only "new" thing I've seen is the Red Carded Legends and CW.
I saw this wave re-shipped to Toys R Us two weeks ago, and the Ugnaught was the easiest to find (aside maybe from Captain Needa), despite the wave overall being quite scarce.

sebillba
10-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah but what if you already ordered a case assortment that doesn't have it? I hope its available individually.

That's the problem I have... I pre-order all the basic waves through Star Action Figures, and I've checked about adding the ugnaught to my order, but they've over ordered on the original assortment, and it's too late to change to the revised wave, so it's unlikely they'll get the second ugnaught at all now. Hopefully he'll show up on ebay soon enough, or if anyone here finds him, perhaps they could pick one up for me?

Old Fossil
10-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Major Panno and Nien nunb (despite the lack of cap) are good figures for the ROTJ briefing room diorama

Glad to hear that! I find myself really looking forward to those two, especially Nien Nunb. The latter still has his pilot helmet, right?

DarkArtist
10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
got my order today from HTS... Luke looks good, Leia looks amazing, Nien Numb is another great pilot to add to any diorama and the ewoks are nice additions as well.

now just to grab the rest of the wave and i'll be all caught up for now.

Devo
10-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Glad to hear that! I find myself really looking forward to those two, especially Nien Nunb. The latter still has his pilot helmet, right?

Yeah he has the pilot helmet only, hes bald underneath, exactly the same as the evolutions ten nunb.

Panno is incredible though, I hate softgoods but I wouldn't have it any other way here because they did a great job on them. Great detail, great articulation that doesn't mess up the sculpt. The other dresselians look exactly the same except for different colours and Orrimaarkos eyepatch so Hasbro will have an easy time giving us those two.

DarkJedi5
10-02-2009, 08:00 PM
To anyone who has Nikto and Giran: Are their head coverings swapable? Since it's been a while since we had any quality "Battle above the Sarlaac" scene figures I'm thinking about buying multiples and swapping headgear would help make things look a little mroe diverse....

jonthejedi
10-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Reports on other sites indicate this wave is also hitting at Target & WalMart, too.

morpheus282
10-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Just checked the local Wal-Mart, I found some repacks of the L8-L9 wave but that's it. Hopefully the flood gates will open soon.

morpheus282
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I hit a TRU today as well. No new BAD figures, no gunship, no TIE interceptor. With the plethora of new stuff that was promised for August - October in the Comic Con presentation, I thought I was going to have debt as high as the federal government by this point of the year. I guess finding the Red 2 X-wing on the shelf reasonably close to the promised street date was a fluke.

Snowtrooper
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
I received everything I ordered over the past week yesterday. I got the ROTJ wave, and the TPM wave I ordered from HTS and the Y-Wings I ordered from Target. It was nice to see that stack of boxes sitting on my front steps. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
10-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I got my Luke and Nien from HTS today (everything else in the wave had sold out when I was purchasing). I'm tempted to not open up Luke at all as he is indeed misproportioned and large chested as Devo pointed out earlier.

Tycho
10-06-2009, 02:06 PM
I got my figures from HTS today: 3 Lukes, 5 red Niktos, 5 green Niktos, and 4 Dresselians. I had missed the Ewoks but have them ordered and shipping now. I did not buy the Sullustan Pilot, Rancor Keeper, or Slave Leia. I don't upgrade my figures if I don't feel the need to.

As for Leia, I understand some want her sitting on Jabba's dias. I used the vintage throne and have 1997 Slave Leia chained to it, pulling on it like Oola did. I rather like that display and feel nostalgia for displaying the first Slave Leia figure we ever got. I have no intentions on upgrading and instead had more money to spend on army builders.

Meanwhile, I haven't opened any of the figures but both Niktos look great. Luke doesn't look bad. I'm really curious about him so I plan to open him later.

I also got 8 Super Battle Droids, 8 Battle Droids, and 8 Clones from CW, the new Adventure Padme x 2, C-3PO, a Clone Tank Gunner, and 8 "Evolutions" AOTC Anakin Skywalkers for my AOTC dioramas.

Rik Duel
10-06-2009, 03:07 PM
My TRU is still choked with blue card figures. But they did have Interceptors already. In fact, I haven't seen new figures (when they were actually new) anywhere but Target in YEARS. Everywhere else is always months behind. (Anybody else gonna put the new Luke's head on Sandstorm Luke's body?)

Tycho
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
(Anybody else gonna put the new Luke's head on Sandstorm Luke's body?)

Maybe I'll try that to take a look and see what it's like.

I don't know why I continue to buy Luke Jedi figures. I just got 3 new ROTJ Lukes.

They're all for alleged use in Expanded Universe scenes - fighting Yuuzhan Vong and what-not. I really need an older Luke's head for that though.

A few years back, in the Jurassic Park /// toyline, Hasbro made a Kirby figure (in a pink shirt I think) that had a striking resemblance to an older Mark Hamill. I bought several of those JP /// figures to save for exactly this use. With the new head and neck style for SW figures, I'm not sure they'll be of any use. I have to find the Kirbys in storage anyway. But I'm doing the inventory now.

pbarnard
10-06-2009, 04:13 PM
(Anybody else gonna put the new Luke's head on Sandstorm Luke's body?)

Maybe I'll try that to take a look and see what it's like.

I don't know why I continue to buy Luke Jedi figures. I just got 3 new ROTJ Lukes.

They're all for alleged use in Expanded Universe scenes - fighting Yuuzhan Vong and what-not. I really need an older Luke's head for that though.

I'd recomend the Heir to the Empire Comic figure head on Sandstorm Luke (have for months). Might solve your problems.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/Star%20Wars%20Custom%20Figures/rotjluke.jpg

Tycho
10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Pbarnard - that Luke of yours looks really good!

pbarnard
10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Pbarnard - that Luke of yours looks really good!

Just a head swap. See, customizing :thumbsup: Cuts my demand and need for terrible Hasbro aborations.

DarkJedi5
10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
To anyone who has Nikto and Giran: Are their head coverings swapable? Since it's been a while since we had any quality "Battle above the Sarlaac" scene figures I'm thinking about buying multiples and swapping headgear would help make things look a little mroe diverse....

No one can answer my question?

morpheus282
10-07-2009, 11:08 AM
No one can answer my question?

It may be that no one has opened both figures yet.

JediTricks
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM
BKTF09 -Free shipping. I haven't tried this one and I'm not sure when the expiration date is.That is a now-expired Burger King Transformers promotion, it's free shipping only on Transformers.

Try SW2010, 10% off Star Wars. Not sure of the expire date though.

pbarnard
10-07-2009, 03:16 PM
That is a now-expired Burger King Transformers promotion, it's free shipping only on Transformers.

But remember, that's a 1 time use code. SW2009 is still valid if you haven't used it already. :thumbsup:

Snowtrooper
10-07-2009, 10:23 PM
That is a now-expired Burger King Transformers promotion, it's free shipping only on Transformers.

I used SW2010 on the last order I made a few days ago for some of the comic packs and the tank droid. I tried the BKTF09 when I made the order and it didn't work. I had used SW2009 on a previous order, so I typed in SW2010 to see if it worked and was fortunate enough that it did. I guess for now I'm out of coupon codes. :upset::mad:

bigbarada
10-08-2009, 01:31 AM
My Giran and Nysad figures arrived today. I was busy through most of the day, so I waited until I had the time to really look at the figures before opening them.

Initial thoughts: the detail work on Nysad's face is a little soft and is too smooth, which is a bit of a disappointment; but other than that he looks great. I'm displaying mine with his pistol because that's the weapon he used in the film; but his blaster cannon fits perfectly onto the railing of the Skiff.

Giran is my early pick for best figure of the year! Just amazing!

Also, I checked and the heads are NOT interchangeable; but the head coverings can be swapped out and Nysad's helmet actually doesn't look that bad at all on Giran (although it does fit really loosely). I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Tycho
10-08-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm glad BigB could help you DarkJedi5. I didn't open my figures yet. I'm not sure I'm planning to. We'll see. My collection is going through a big organization process in storage right now.

I'm still on TPM working my way towards AOTC. I have a lot of stuff!

I'm stuck on Tatooine comparing the figures I'm using for:

Qui-Gon's trek into Mos Espa
the Pod Race Hanger
the actual Pod Race Arena

Setting these kinds of scenes up are a lot of fun because you get to display a lot of these aliens. However, now that they are making more prequel background figures like Rum Sleg, I'm adding Original Trilogy figures to mostly Original Trilogy scenes, thereby updating them and making them more modern and exciting!

jonthejedi
10-08-2009, 04:11 AM
I broke down & ordered from HTS...got 'em all except Slave Leia. SW2010 did work as promo code.

morpheus282
10-08-2009, 06:12 AM
I was going to place an order with HTS last night, but with slave Leia out of stock I think I'll wait. Wonder how long it will take to replenish their stock?

sebillba
10-08-2009, 09:56 AM
My ROTJ and TPM waves both arrived today!! :D Unfortunately my other half got to them first, and has hidden them all away till Christmas! :cry:

DarkJedi5
10-08-2009, 10:00 AM
My Giran and Nysad figures arrived today. I was busy through most of the day, so I waited until I had the time to really look at the figures before opening them.

Initial thoughts: the detail work on Nysad's face is a little soft and is too smooth, which is a bit of a disappointment; but other than that he looks great. I'm displaying mine with his pistol because that's the weapon he used in the film; but his blaster cannon fits perfectly onto the railing of the Skiff.

Also, I checked and the heads are NOT interchangeable; but the head coverings can be swapped out and Nysad's helmet actually doesn't look that bad at all on Giran (although it does fit really loosely). I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks BigB! Glad to hear the head gear is interchangeable if nothing else.

DarkArtist
10-08-2009, 11:10 AM
My ROTJ and TPM waves both arrived today!! :D Unfortunately my other half got to them first, and has hidden them all away till Christmas! :cry:

that happened to me last year. JMG was able to get me a set of Temple of Doom figures and my wife arrived home before me and hid them till Christmas. she also hid the 2 Target exclusive Clone Wars sets on me.

i want to place an order for the rest of the ROTJ wave and the comic packs but right now money is tight. also they are sold out of the Katarn / Vong and Krayt / Siegal sets.... oh well. maybe I'll be able to get these for Christmas.

spotted a lone AOTC Wave Evolutions Clone Pilot on the pegs last night and was tempted to buy him but someone swapped the droid part ouot for a Saga Red Hologram Emperor.... might still go back and pick up the figure anyway as the figure is worth the price and I really don't need the droid part...

Snowtrooper
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM

The two skiff guards are definitely the best of the wave. Excellent sculpts and paint jobs. I was really amazed with how well done Giran was. At this point, I'd have to agree with him being a contender for best of the year.

bigbarada
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Here's a photo of Nysad and Giran and another one with their headpieces swapped out. It's not a perfect fit, but it's a good way to quickly create some variety between the guards.

bigbarada
10-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Like I said, Hasbro did an amazing job on Giran! :love:

El Chuxter
10-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I saw a lone Malakili on the pegs at Target today. This does not bode well for those of us who expected him to pegwarm. :(

I passed on him. Aside from adding joints and making his hood removable, I saw no advantage over the one gathering dust for the past ten years.

I thought this was a dumb move. Now I see it was suicide. :cry:

Obsession is Nute
10-08-2009, 11:39 PM
:: Laughs. ::

Yah. Not at my TRU. I don't anticipate much of anything from them, anymore.

Rik Duel
10-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Still no luck at TRU but Target comes through with a few new figures. I just missed Leia and Nien Nunb. But got giran and the ewoks and they are really great. (anybody figured out where in the movie Noapakk is?)

sebillba
10-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Here's a photo of Nysad and Giran and another one with their headpieces swapped out. It's not a perfect fit, but it's a good way to quickly create some variety between the guards.

Great photos BigB - I have mine, but have to wait for Christmas till I can actually see them, so until then I have to enjoy these vicariously through you guys. The headgear swaps look pretty good - it makes Giran more similar to Wooof, so might be the way to go if Hasbro cancel Legacy figures before they get to him.

pbarnard
10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I saw a lone Malakili on the pegs at Target today. This does not bode well for those of us who expected him to pegwarm. :(
:cry:

You're sure it's not the PotF2 one that didn't resurface in some miracle that it was still pegwarming?

Old Fossil
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Hmm... Malakili could be a prime candidate for shysters* swapping the POTF2 version for the new one, then returning it for refund or exchange. The figures are so similar that most store employees (with the average IQ of a titmouse, no disrespect to titmice) wouldn't even notice.

*Possibly inappropriate use of word, but it felt right.:D

El Chuxter
10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
No, he was definitely new. I didn't see much improvement, IMHO. In fact, I think it was a lateral move quality-wise, and might even be a step down since they tried to do too much with him.

I will confess he's a figure I'd consider buying just for the droid part if I got the rest of the wave and needed that leg, but that'd be the only reason.

pbarnard
10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Hmm... Malakili could be a prime candidate for shysters* swapping the POTF2 version for the new one, then returning it for refund or exchange. The figures are so similar that most store employees (with the average IQ of a titmouse, no disrespect to titmice) wouldn't even notice.

*Possibly inappropriate use of word, but it felt right.:D

Totally disrespects titmice. They can be trained. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
placed an order at HTS for Major Panno, Giran, Malakili and Nikto Gunner as well as Luke vs Luminya comic pack today.. used the coded sw2010 for a discount on shipping...

i figured let me order them now as I'm having more luck finding the Clone Wars waves vs the Legacy and if sales of the Legacy continue to drop I'm afraid that it will be impossible to find the figures at retail.

DarkJedi5
10-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Totally disrespects titmice. They can be trained. :thumbsup:

A titmouse is a small bird, can it really be trained?

pbarnard
10-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Yep. They were trained in several classical experiments of animal behaviorists that came after Tinnebergen (sp). Point stands on the inability to train customer service counter people who only got the job because they can remember the access codes that punch out the register statistics.

Old Fossil
10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
if sales of the Legacy continue to drop I'm afraid that it will be impossible to find the figures at retail.

Are people really worried about the future of Legacy?:(

pbarnard
10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Are people really worried about the future of Legacy?:(

Yeah, sort of am. I do think the only "regular" figures that will be carried forward maybe the comic 2 packs. While that's great for me being primarily an OT/EU person, I know how it turns off many (not that I care, read books before judging by their covers and internet flaming them), so that means even my small little corner will go away. Hasbro has said their figures say these fans choice ones don't sell, careful what you wish for, and about 30 other variations. Will it affect my life, yep, more money for me. :thumbsup: But it won't radically make me depressed or anything.

bigbarada
10-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, sort of am. I do think the only "regular" figures that will be carried forward maybe the comic 2 packs. While that's great for me being primarily an OT/EU person, I know how it turns off many (not that I care, read books before judging by their covers and internet flaming them), so that means even my small little corner will go away. Hasbro has said their figures say these fans choice ones don't sell, careful what you wish for, and about 30 other variations. Will it affect my life, yep, more money for me. :thumbsup: But it won't radically make me depressed or anything.

From what I understand the comic 2-packs are in more trouble than the Legacy line, so they'll go before anything else at this point (now that Titaniums are gone, of course).

pbarnard
10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
From what I understand the comic 2-packs are in more trouble than the Legacy line, so they'll go before anything else at this point (now that Titaniums are gone, of course).

Well that's nice to know. I thought they were under the same umbrella. When more and more of them fall to store exclusives, I'll revise my statement and be a little down. :(

Old Fossil
10-09-2009, 03:35 PM

Really? I was surprised to read that at first, but then I recalled all the Leia/Xizor packs I see at nearly every store.

BigB, did you get your information from one of the Q&A's?

JediTricks
10-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Legacy is in trouble, the comic packs are in trouble as well but waves of basic figures are being pushed back in the hopes that the brand will stabilize by then so they'll see release, then there was the last wave of AOTC which saw limited release. The Q&A answers are showing a steady pattern of trouble for TLC basics, we've got a few questions in our voting thread about the matter.

I just ordered Slave Leia from HTS this morning, she wasn't available last night when I ordered Luke, Giran, and Nikto Gunner. No TPM figures back though, I wanted to order Rum Sleg and the Gungan Warrior. Plenty of Malakili though. :p

TheDarthVader
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I ordered nien numb, ewoks, malakili, giran, nikto gunner, slave leia, luke ds2, rum sleg, and emperor holo. I am impressed with all of these! I am glad I got the HTS tip. I hardly ever see anything new around here anymore. This city is full of scalpers.

El Chuxter
10-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Here's a wild guess about why the comic packs aren't doing well. I like EU, and even I'm passing on 90+% of them. I don't need "Luke Skywalker and Deena 'Who?' Shan in Evening Gowns" and "Luke Skywalker and Deena 'Who?' Shan in Urban Camo." Plus, with the $3 increase, it makes it tougher to justify getting a pack in which one or both figures are subpar, or one is just, well, boring.

morpheus282
10-10-2009, 06:41 AM
I agree. Of the ones shown in the SDCC presentation, I'd like to get the Lumiya pack, blackhole stormtrooper, and the Routine Valor pack with Cody's troops. The rest just look a little boring to me.

I'll have to go price checking, I don't recall seeing a $3 increase on comic pack prices.

morpheus282
10-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Score!!!

Ran across the entire case of the ROTJ wave at a K-Mart, minus a couple of the repacks. I picked up the four new figures needed to make R3-M3 and will be opening them soon. I would have grabbed the ones for R5-C7, but K-Mart's prices are $9 a figure and I didn't plan on plunking down $80 today. I'll probably grab those from HTS in a week or two, but for now I'm just happy to have a new slave Leia.

AmanaMatt
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Found a couple of these..Giran, Nikto Gunner, and Prune Face or whatever they call him now.....

Didnt see Leia, Rancor Keeper (someone wanted him!!!)

Paint apps on Giran are excellent, Prune Face good

Nikto Gunner has an excellent sculpt, incredible articulation that's tight and a very solid feeling fig. Too bad they painted him Poop Brown! What happened to his paint apps? Terrible. Made a fantastic figure a good one....!

Blue2th
10-12-2009, 01:03 PM
After going to 2 Targets, 3 Walmarts, and TRU, I didn't see any of these so I ordered them HTS.
I got:

Nien Numb
Giran
Major Panno
Nikto Gunner
Malakali
Luke
Ewoks

Leia was sold out. :ermm: Guess I'll track her down later. Looks like that's all I'll need to finish R3-M3. He is a nice looking mostly blue droid.

Anyways, I can't be going on hunts everyday just to find these. I had a hard enough time finding the whole Phantom Menace wave. Between Clone Wars, Legends, and pegwarmers, nobodies putting anything new up, and if they are I sure aint seein' em.

I did use the promo code SW2009 and got 80 cents off each figure so it evens out with what I would have spent just tracking them down. Not to mention the precious time involved.

I just wish I'd have gotten to HTS before the new Titanium vehicles sold out. :cry:

DarkArtist
10-13-2009, 07:59 AM
the rest of my ROTJ wave plus Luke vs Luminya comic pack have shipped.... whooo hooo !!!!

dindae
10-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I saw the pack in remains of cases on Sunday but none of the actual wave.

I don't think the Legacy figures are in that much trouble but I do think they are in a downward slump and because of the economy took a steeper slump then Hasbro accounted for. I'm hoping that now that they have adjust and the economy is supposedly getting better that it doesn't make it suddenly really hard to find anything.

The comic lines I think are in more dire straights. These are all collector based figures but they only have two or three new sets per wave. So if there is a bad seller it is 30-50% of the case. However then Hasbro keeps rereleasing the same sets over and over. I was shocked to see in the wave with Sigel/Krayt they included one of the first Marvel Sets. Since it is a "collectors line" there is no need to continue to refresh these older sets that only sold marginally well to begin with.

DarkArtist
10-15-2009, 04:44 PM
got the rest of the ROTJ wave yesterday from HTS... they look great. can't wait to build a Tatoonie scene and use the figures for displays... Hasbro is pumping out some nice product and details on these figures.

clone157
10-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Just found remains of ROTJ wave at my local Target. They had 1 Slave Leia and 1 Jedi Luke. They also had a Captain Argyus from TCW so I picked him up and passed (for now) on Jedi Luke. Was this wave one of the smaller distributed ones? I may have to kick my own @$$.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Just found remains of ROTJ wave at my local Target. They had 1 Slave Leia and 1 Jedi Luke. They also had a Captain Argyus from TCW so I picked him up and passed (for now) on Jedi Luke. Was this wave one of the smaller distributed ones? I may have to kick my own @$$.
No, only the AOTC wave from this past spring was distributed in significantly smaller numbers (maybe the ESB wave, too). It seems from now on all the figures will be produced in smaller numbers, so that they're available, but not over-abundant. Luke will be shipping for quite a while, though.

Old Fossil
10-15-2009, 06:42 PM
The comic lines I think are in more dire straights. These are all collector based figures but they only have two or three new sets per wave. So if there is a bad seller it is 30-50% of the case. However then Hasbro keeps rereleasing the same sets over and over. I was shocked to see in the wave with Sigel/Krayt they included one of the first Marvel Sets. Since it is a "collectors line" there is no need to continue to refresh these older sets that only sold marginally well to begin with.

How bizarre. The Marvel sets languished in my area for many months. For the life of me I can't understand why they'd rerelease them, unless they are purposefully trying to kill the line off.

Darth Metalmute
10-16-2009, 03:19 PM
The had another TPM wave at the toys R Us near me, but all it had left was the Scout Trooper again.

figrin bran
10-16-2009, 08:49 PM
I'd recomend the Heir to the Empire Comic figure head on Sandstorm Luke (have for months). Might solve your problems.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/Star%20Wars%20Custom%20Figures/rotjluke.jpg

I don't own either figure so can the current Legacy ROTJ Luke's head go onto TAC ROTJ Luke's body? I'm still reluctant to open up the Legacy version to find out.

Blue2th
10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Got a notice that my seven ROTJ figures shipped yesterday from HTS.

Usually by the time I get my figures from HTS the pegs are flooded with them, but not this time. I've only seen Nien Numb, and that's only because the card was bent I suspect.

I hope I see Leia soon. She's gone at HTS. Everybody wants the half naked princess. :ermm:

bigbarada
10-17-2009, 02:09 AM
The TPM wave is beginning to pegwarm badly out here, but still not a single sign of the ROTJ wave.

DarkJedi5
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
The TPM wave is beginning to pegwarm badly out here, but still not a single sign of the ROTJ wave.

Still haven't seen the TPM wave on shelves but saw the remainders of the ROTJ wave today. Picked up Giran (who was probably only still there because of a severely mangled card) and left Malakili. I have the entire wave on order, should be showing up on Wednesday, so no reason to get the Rancor keeper today....

DarkArtist
10-20-2009, 01:35 PM
i know it's not the correct place to put this but didn't want to start a new thread.... HTS has the ANH wave in stock, some already sold out though and ROTS is still listed as coming soon

Snowtrooper
10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I placed an order for the ANH wave last night. I didn't get the Jawa cause it was still listed as coming soon and the scanning trooper was sold out. Thats going to be the most difficult one to get.

Heres some codes:

-SW2010 still works. It doesn't have a one time only limitation like I previously thought.

-SHIP499 is for a $4.99 flat shipping rate. Ought to be good for those of you ordering only a couple of figures. Expiration date is 10/25/09

pbarnard
10-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't own either figure so can the current Legacy ROTJ Luke's head go onto TAC ROTJ Luke's body? I'm still reluctant to open up the Legacy version to find out.

Can't answer that. The TAC ROTJ luke is currently packed up for Baby Stir Fry's arrival in 6 weeks, and I just got the Legacy Luke today. Yet to cut him open and pack him away.

DarkArtist
10-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Can't answer that. The TAC ROTJ luke is currently packed up for Baby Stir Fry's arrival in 6 weeks, and I just got the Legacy Luke today. Yet to cut him open and pack him away.

congrats on the new arrival pb....

i think the TAC Luke uses the same body as the Legacy Luke so it's a pretty good bet that both versions have the interchangable head.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Saw the ROTJ wave at Wal-Mart today except for the Leia. I was able to find her at Target though.

While at Wal-Mart, I noticed that one of the Malakili figures had the wrong insert. The figure and the card were correct, but the insert in front was for the Ewoks.

Old Fossil
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
That's good news, MSP. I'll be checking my WM's more frequently now.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't own either figure so can the current Legacy ROTJ Luke's head go onto TAC ROTJ Luke's body? I'm still reluctant to open up the Legacy version to find out.I just tried it, they do fit with a slight difference yet quite workable, but there's a big color change from head to neck.

EDIT: I just tried this on the TLC '08 Sandstorm Luke, and found something odd, it fits but the head stares up and can't be lowered. It appears to be the same body, but for some reason the head doesn't like working with it, and again, they're not the same coloring, though closer than that TAC Luke.

I ended up taking my extra TAC Luke and giving him the Sandstorm figure's goggles and wrap, since that body with its vest (well, part of it) and the ungloved hand are more in line with that part of the film. Then I posed the Sandstorm figure as DS2 Throne Room Duel Luke since the wild hair, more aggressive facial expression, and belt are all more in tune with the duel than this new TLC DS2 Luke. I've got the new figure posed in a classic lightsaber pose, something more befitting passive facial expression but still using the articulation and open flap.

i think the TAC Luke uses the same body as the Legacy Luke so it's a pretty good bet that both versions have the interchangable head.
That is incorrect, the Legacy Luke has a new torso and head, just the same arms and legs as the old one.

--

Got most of this wave from HTS, and Major Panno from Target. Don't have the Ewoks, Malakili, or Nien Nunb.

Leia is pretty good, the concept works well, the likeness isn't entirely there but it kinda works. The only thing I really don't think works is the chain, just not as good as the POTJ deluxe figure.

Luke is good for posing but a very static face and standing normal looks wasp-waisted with bulky shoulders and narrow hips. Likeness is more accurate, but the face is extremely static. Left hand is in an extreme pose for the first 2 fingers, perhaps Force gesture but it looks a bit too odd holding a saber. I like this figure, but I wish it was better. He's sporting Obi-Wan's ROTJ saber painted like his, sadly this is the best we'll ever get.

Giran has a great sculpt but is a little on the boring side overall, something about this alien race or maybe even just his expression says boring.

Nikto is pretty good, a softer sculpt than Giran but decent. Everything about this figure is quite cool except for the headdress which cannot stay on his head very well and gets quite annoying.

Major Panno is ok, nice use of soft goods, encoder fits in the cloak, has a weird shotgun though, and goggles are tiny on his face.

R3-M3 I don't have all of, but I do have the body and head. The transparent dome doesn't work as well as I hoped, it's a little cloudier than it should be, but it sorta works. They changed the internal "guts" under the dome and it is a good choice.

R5-C7 is pretty good, I'm missing 1 leg but it's all the same crap. The white R5 with lavender metallic paint and a few dark blue accents looks quite good, lots of paint, a little weathering, it's quite a lively design. Oddly, the "guts" under the dome are the older design and colored clean white, but at least the white contrasts the outside or it'd be unacceptable.

morpheus282
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
R3-M3 I don't have all of, but I do have the body and head. The transparent dome doesn't work as well as I hoped, it's a little cloudier than it should be, but it sorta works. They changed the internal "guts" under the dome and it is a good choice.

I kinda like the opaque dome, it's just transparent enough to see through but from a distance it looks solid. Judging by the pictures I've seen the R3-A2 dome looks to be a little more transparent, but until I get my hands on one I can't say for sure. I'm tempted to get a couple extra of each dome and use them on some of the other droid bodies.

pbarnard
10-22-2009, 09:27 PM
R3-M3 I don't have all of, but I do have the body and head. The transparent dome doesn't work as well as I hoped, it's a little cloudier than it should be, but it sorta works. They changed the internal "guts" under the dome and it is a good choice. .

Gotta agree. It could use a red dot or two on some part of the body to make it a bit more accurate under the dome. If I get ambitions some time I can do an LED/button cell thing (way way down the road and with a lot more customizing balls than I got now).

I kinda like the opaque dome, it's just transparent enough to see through but from a distance it looks solid. Judging by the pictures I've seen the R3-A2 dome looks to be a little more transparent, but until I get my hands on one I can't say for sure. I'm tempted to get a couple extra of each dome and use them on some of the other droid bodies.

Won't work. R3 has a different top to the body where the head inserts than the other droids. See red dot/lights above.

El Chuxter
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Found 'em at Target. Two Targets, actually; the first was out of Major Panko for some reason. (Panko is funnier than Panno, so I'll call him Panko. Prune Face and Captain Panko; their comrade is named Sergeant "Ch'ee'r'i-Os" C'ereal. Deal with it.) I got them all, figuring I can return them if I change my mind, but might not get a second chance.

Every Leia had horrible paint articulation. I almost passed, as I initially did with Breha, but remembered that, in her case, every other Breha figure went to other areas and it took me forever to find a good one. Having heard that Hasbro only plans to release 13 Leias, though, I decided to get one with bad paint.

I even got the totally worthless Malakili and Nien Nunb. I'm not sure about either of them. I might give one Malakili to my daughter, or something--it really doesn't matter which, since, aside from more joints that serve no purpose because he's a boring fartknocker who does nothing but stand there in one scene, I still cannot see any difference in quality. Maybe I'll give her all 4,759 useless Sullustan pilots I've accumulated over the years. There's only one or two in the movie, and, really, who at Hasbro has a sick, twisted unrequited love affair with the Sullustan mask to justify all the Sullustan pilots we've gotten?

Old Fossil
10-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Found 'em at Target. Two Targets, actually; the first was out of Major Panko for some reason. (Panko is funnier than Panno, so I'll call him Panko. Prune Face and Captain Panko; their comrade is named Sergeant "Ch'ee'r'i-Os" C'ereal. Deal with it.) I got them all, figuring I can return them if I change my mind, but might not get a second chance.

Every Leia had horrible paint articulation. I almost passed, as I initially did with Breha, but remembered that, in her case, every other Breha figure went to other areas and it took me forever to find a good one. Having heard that Hasbro only plans to release 13 Leias, though, I decided to get one with bad paint.

I even got the totally worthless Malakili and Nien Nunb. I'm not sure about either of them. I might give one Malakili to my daughter, or something--it really doesn't matter which, since, aside from more joints that serve no purpose because he's a boring fartknocker who does nothing but stand there in one scene, I still cannot see any difference in quality. Maybe I'll give her all 4,759 useless Sullustan pilots I've accumulated over the years. There's only one or two in the movie, and, really, who at Hasbro has a sick, twisted unrequited love affair with the Sullustan mask to justify all the Sullustan pilots we've gotten?

Always nice to see someone enjoying the hobby!:razz:

jonthejedi
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
ROTS wave now up for order on HTS. Glad someone's finding something out there in retail land.

El Chuxter
10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I actually do, for the most part. I just can't fathom why Hasbro thinks we need another Malakili or Sullustan Pilot. But the two droids they finish off would cost $7.50 each, so may as well buy the figures to get the parts and figure out a use for them. I also want to send Hasbro a message that there's at least one person still buying classic figures. I refuse to buy a new AT-AT Driver, though.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Overall I think the wave is a pretty good one.

Luke - I don't hate it as much as everyone else, but I definitely rank it near the bottom for this wave. I think it is a good figure with good articulation and a decent face sculpt. It's just that he seems to have a figure more like the Clone Wars Anakin or something.

Leia - The legs for standing are kind of crooked, so she couldn't stand, though I didn't spend a lot of time trying. The pegholes were too small to use a stand. When I put her on the reclining legs, she's leaning to the side too much.

Ewoks - A couple more decent Ewoks to add to the tribe. The packaging didn't seem to identify which one was which, but I was able to look up and confirm that Paploo was the dark one as I thought.

Nien Nunb - Another good figure, plus I think it just looks nice with the red outfit. There aren't too many red figures, particularly this shade of red.

Major Panno - I think the name is funny because it looks like Major Pain-o. This is a nice, solid figure with good articulation. The cloak and hood are pretty well done compared to a lot of soft goods.

Giran & Nikto Gunner - Two more pretty solid, well done figures that stand well. I'm not a fan of all these Klaatu, Birada, Nikto characters, but I like these figures and they will make nice additions to the Jabba scenes. My only complaint is the headpiece on the Nikto gunner comes off kind of easy.

Malakili - Probably not necessary, but I don't mind having a new and improved figure. At first I couldn't get him to stand, and I couldn't get him on a stand either. Got him standing okay for now, though. Another issue is that with the head cover thing on, you can't raise his arms without causing it to come off.

Both BAD droids are nice additions. This picture (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Blue_r3_anh.jpg) seems to indicate he should have a more transparent dome, though.

DarkArtist
10-23-2009, 02:44 PM
just placed my order for the ROTS wave on HTS... used the Ship499 code. they say they have a shipping date of 11/9 so we'll see what happens...hopefully it gets here sooner. can't wait to get Commander Cody. I have a feeling though that once this wave hits retail we will see alot of recarding of the Saga Cody.

Snowtrooper
10-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I just placed an order for my brother and I. Cmdr Cody went out of stock just as I was placing my order, but I got the rest. I'm sure Cody won't be too hard to pick up later. I was more worried about the concept IG-88 selling out as I was ordering, but it fortunately didn't happen.

JediTricks
10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
I forgot to mention, Leia has 1 more annoyance, her foot articulation is a colored boot but the articulation's hinge center is fleshtone.

I think this ROTJ wave is perhaps one of the more successful waves of the last 5 years. Not a lot of major complaints.

Every Leia had horrible paint articulation.How does one articulate paint?

I even got the totally worthless Malakili and Nien Nunb. I'm not sure about either of them. I might give one Malakili to my daughter, or something--it really doesn't matter which, since, aside from more joints that serve no purpose because he's a boring fartknocker who does nothing but stand there in one scene, I still cannot see any difference in quality. Maybe I'll give her all 4,759 useless Sullustan pilots I've accumulated over the years. There's only one or two in the movie, and, really, who at Hasbro has a sick, twisted unrequited love affair with the Sullustan mask to justify all the Sullustan pilots we've gotten?Seems like a good question to ask in Q&A, I'd write it but I'm up to my neck in not wanting to do all your damn work for you guys anymore. ;)

I actually do, for the most part. I just can't fathom why Hasbro thinks we need another Malakili or Sullustan Pilot. But the two droids they finish off would cost $7.50 each, so may as well buy the figures to get the parts and figure out a use for them. I also want to send Hasbro a message that there's at least one person still buying classic figures. I refuse to buy a new AT-AT Driver, though.That's an odd distinction. You'll justify buying the Rancor Enema Guy for the repainted droid part, but not the figure that can bend at the waist and hold the controls in front of him?

Getting kind of annoyed that we have nothing for months and then get buried in "gotta order this now 'cause it'll be gone in a few minutes!!!" figures, 3 waves of figures and 2 waves of titaniums right on top of each other.

El Chuxter
10-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I can replace my Malakili, or make a second scene, since I've only got one. I could even turn one into that moronic "Ewok Wrangler" from the online game. But I have a freakin' army of AT-AT Drivers, and one AT-AT, and figure that any character seated inside isn't visible, anyway.

And you know I meant paint application. :p

morpheus282
10-24-2009, 09:58 PM
I finally picked up the R5-C7 set from a vendor at a local convention. Ended up paying less than I would have from HTS after shipping, but slightly more than retail. It'll probably be at least another day or two before I get around to opening them.

As for the R3-M3 set, I'm rather disappointed with most of them. Leia just looks odd to me for some reason and I think I like the sitting legs better than the articulated ones. After a couple of weeks of having the new Leia on the shelf with the sail barge cannon Leia, I think I like the older one better. We all know that Luke looks more than a little wrong. I think the ewoks and Nein Numb are probably the better of the set, but I could have probably done without both. I like my R3-M3 though. I'm still thinking of picking up a couple of extra domes for some of the other droid bodies after I verified that they do fit quite nicely on one of my R7 bodies.

morpheus282
10-24-2009, 10:33 PM

So is it just me, or does Major Spanko come with a sonic screwdriver?

JediTricks
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
It's a rebel encoder, it's seen in a pouch in his cloak and the toy can do that too: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Major_panno.jpg

If it was a sonic screwdriver, that would be a hell of a regeneration from the last Doctor! :p

morpheus282
10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
I still think it looks more like a sonic screwdriver than an 'encoder'.

I seem to recall a line from David Tennant after the regeneration, something like "I'm not ginger, am I?" I can imagine the reaction to waking up as a Dresselian.

The more I look at Panno, the more I'm starting to like him - and I haven't even unboxed him yet. At first I figured it to be the lamest of the wave right alongside Malakili, but he's starting to make Luke look horrid.

figrin bran
10-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I finally found the 2 remaining figures I needed from this wave at Target yesterday - Giran and Panno. I got an extra Ewoks pack as well just to get over the $20 minimum for Clone Cash coupons. I figure I could try switching the headdresses on the ewoks or else if that doesn't work, I could swap with the extra Romba and Graak that I have.

I was looking through my POTF2 figures and couldn't find Malakili and might have just skipped on him back then. I also thought I bought Sandstorm Luke but it appears that I didn't.

JediTricks
10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I ended up picking up the other 3 sets in this wave after all.

Ewoks - boring as hell. They're background fodder, I don't care if it is Paploo, he's a snore. Both figures feel generic. I think I'm going to stick to more interesting Ewoks from now on, and barely that.

Nien Nunb B-wing Pilot - ok, but the lack of wow is actually the body, surprisingly. The head is very good, the helmet good too. I don't think there has been a red Sullustan pilot made before, there ain't one in my collection. The b-wing body is ok, but the torso is a little loose and there's no holster, it just feels like it could be sharper in sculpt or something like that is holding it back from greatness.

Malakili - this was more to go with the Rancor and to complete the BAD than for the figure himself. The new weapon is very nice, the removable head covering is pretty good. The figure seems a little tubbier than the original, and the hips actually have LESS range of motion. The arm articulation is somewhat useful, but the slightly smiling face is not. Not a massive failure, but a total "what's the point" figure.

R3-M3 - still pretty good but not quite a home run, has to earn its money. I bought a second Luke and the dome there had a different milky pattern to the dome, looks like they're painting them this way or the plasticizer is flowing funny and discoloring. The legs are a tad more bent than my previous BADs.

R5-C7 - also still quite good. The last leg here was also a little more bent than the blue & white cards' BADs.

Jabbapalacespy
10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Actually found three yesterday at Walmart - Leia, Giran, and Nikto gunner, the top three on my list. :thumbsup: They were the only ones of the wave they had. The shelves were pretty bare otherwise which leads me to think they only put out one or two of each figure. I still want most of this wave so I'm glad they are finally appearing in West Virginia even if only in small numbers.

dindae
10-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I just found the whole wave at Target including the variant Ugnaught. This was easily the wave I looking forward to most this year. I'm relieved that I found the Ugnaught. I don't know that I trust the distribution with the decrease of number of figures. I've had no problem finding figures before the card change but I've only seen the TPM wave once locally and that was at Kohl's and i'm not paying those kinds of prices.

DarkArtist
10-31-2009, 09:43 AM
just got my email confirmation that the ROTS wave has shipped. can't wait to get the Cody figure...

morpheus282
11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I've only seen the ROTJ wave once locally. I think I'm done with burning gas once I find the AT-ST and I'll order the ones I want from HTS. Hopefully they'll get Cody back in stock soon.

doch18
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
The ROTJ Wave has finally made it to Southern Illinois. Picked up the whole wave at Target.

dr_evazan22
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I've sort of given up on finding new Legacy fig's... I see so much CW and Greatest Hits (or whatever its called).

I was lucky enough to find the ROTJ wave at Target this morning; there was only 1 of most of them, except maybe the Scout trooper. I passed on the scout, and bought 1 or 2 I wasn't planning on getting (like Malikili) to complete the droid. Haven't opened yet to confirm complete droid.

They also had 1 ea of AOTC Obi and Ani and Jango.

morpheus282
11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I finally opened Malakili this weekend to complete my R5-C7. Malakili really isn't a bad figure as far as half naked fat guys go. It didn't stop him from going into storage about 5 minutes after being freed from the package though. I think R5-C7 is probably the best looking R5 unit produced by Hasbro or Kenner and possibly the best looking build-a-droid.

jonthejedi
11-02-2009, 03:51 AM
Saw this wave at two Targets over the weekend...so the wave is hopefully going into heavier release. Still no new comic two-packs, though.

Qui-Long Gone
11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I passed on Leia, but picked up Luke (not as horrible as I expected but far from 'definitive').

Also snatched the Nikto guards...very nice....

Good wave.

Jabbapalacespy
11-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Found 3 more on Saturday - Panno, Numb, and Malakilli. Same Walmart and again only these three on the pegs, and just three days after my first find. Not sure what's up with that. Just need two more to complete R3-M3.

* Some advice on BAD parts that are bent. If you drop them into a cup of hot water (near boiling is best) and let them sit for a few minutes when you (carefully) remove them you can straighten them out and then run them under cold water and they (should) go back to there intended shape. (Has worked for me anyway)

Qui-Long Gone
11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Did anyone else notice that on their card, Giran is called a Nikto and not a Klaatunian? At first I thought I was taking crazy pills because I also got the Nikto gunner...is this a common error on Giran's card?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Did anyone else notice that on their card, Giran is called a Nikto and not a Klaatunian? At first I thought I was taking crazy pills because I also got the Nikto gunner...is this a common error on Giran's card?
Klatooinians (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Klatooinian) are the species represented by characters like Barada, Kithaba, and Tarados Gon. Giran is a Kadas'sa'Nikto (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kadas%27sa%27Nikto), or "Green Nikto", much like Klaatu and Wooof. So to call him a Nikto is technically correct, even if the word conjures images of the noseless brown guys instead, who are known as the Kajain'sa'Nikto. Why it needed to be this complicated, I will never know.

Qui-Long Gone
11-03-2009, 04:46 PM
That is crazy....:rolleyes:

JediTricks
11-03-2009, 04:51 PM
IMO, that whole Klaatu/Nikto thing is why it's hard to respect the EU, they screw this stuff up way too badly in attempts to cover their mistakes.

DarkArtist
11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
my order from HTS arrived today. have the whole ROTS wave and they look awesome.... love the YVH Build a Droid looks amazing, and Cody is by far one of the best Clones we have seen in a long time. not a huge fan of Colton but the figure is a nice addition and the concept IG-88 is a cool looking figure. highly recommend this wave.

Snowtrooper
11-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Got the ROTS wave from HTS minus Cody. Concept IG-88 looks pretty good and is the star of the wave(IMO). The rest is OK, but nothing stellar. While the Colton figure is still kinda blah, it does look better than the picture on the package. Kolar and Koon are well made, but appearance wise, aren't much different from previous incarnations. The Utai is nice, but I was never a big fan of this creature. From the pictures I've seen, Cody looks to be a nice improvement over the previous one. I don't think its a bad wave, but its not great either.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2009, 11:55 PM
I keep seeing more and more of the ROTJ wave, so that's at least something. Seems like each Target store is getting in multiple cases, which is refreshing after so much nothing. I have all of them (or will be getting most of them for my birthday or Christmas) but the Ewoks seem to be the hardest to find, with Leia and Luke not exactly being abundant either.

jonthejedi
11-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Has anyone tried positioning the Nikto gunner on the skiff, to see how the cannon snap works? Pictures, please!

Qui-Long Gone
11-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought the Nikto gunner was from Jabba's sail barge?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Has anyone tried positioning the Nikto gunner on the skiff, to see how the cannon snap works? Pictures, please!
Yakface (http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/TLC/basicfigures/BD23.html) did just that.

Today at TRU I got Agen Kolar, Plo Koon, Captain Colton, and the Utai. They also had Han and R2-D2, but they had the YVH-1 parts instead of the astromech parts, so I passed for now. Han's likeness actually looked really good, if a bit exaggerated. Still on the lookout for a better Luke - I found one with a great hairline, but his left eye was a lot smaller than the right, so it's been annoying.

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Good find JabbaJohn, I didn't know that had been photographed. It looks good on the side rails, that's what I expected it to do.

DarkArtist
11-06-2009, 05:27 PM
finally seeing residue of leftover ROTJ in both Target and TRU's which is a nice sign of things to come. I just hope that Hasbro doesn't cram everything done our throats come Black Friday (my wallet is already screaming...not to mention the wife.)

Mad Slanted Powers
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I thought the Nikto gunner was from Jabba's sail barge?He is, but until we get a Sail Barge to put him on, the skiff will have to do.

morpheus282
11-07-2009, 07:55 PM
I saw the Obi-Wan repack w/ R3-M3 leg today. It's the third time I've seen any new (or evidence of new in this case) figures on the shelf since mid-August. One TPM sighting, now two ROTJ.

Old Fossil
11-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Found this whole wave at Target tonight. Though I only bought Nien Nunb and a Scout Trooper, I have to say it is quite a stunning wave overall, shows what good work Hasbro can do when they put their mind to it. Giran and the Nikto gunner are stellar, Major Panno is quite nice. I will probably pick these up at some point, along with the Ewoks, which are also very well done.

Glad I got Nien, he looks good beside his brother in my Rebel Pilots briefing! MSP was right in his earlier post about Nien's red flightsuit, its a nice deep red that we don't see very often in this line -- almost the same shade of red as the vintage Emperor's Royal Guard soft goods.

jamesbondo07
11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Finally found the second (grey) ugnaught at Target along with a few of the ROTJ figures. the Target by me has had the pegs almost empty for about 2 months. Nice to finally see something different I just hope they don't try to cram the last few waves in before the end of the year.

tagmac
11-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I, too, found the new Ugnaught along with the ROTJ wave at Target yesterday. Picked up a second Slave Leia to pose in the sitting position, but I already had bought the wave from HTS, so I left all othwers but the Ugnaught, which I almost missed. It was just hanging on the top peg, and as the only one, I was surprised it was still there. No sign of the Hoth Rebel Soldier, though.

They also had the Geonosis 2-packs, but I only picked up Kit Fisto, and the Jedi Knight with the long hair (don't know his name, but I remember seeing him in the second trailer for AOTC).

Old Fossil
11-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Anybody else besides me totally unimpressed by the 2nd variant Ugnaught? I thought the paint apps on the head were quite bad on both samples I saw, and passed on them.

gba88
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Anybody else besides me totally unimpressed by the 2nd variant Ugnaught? I thought the paint apps on the head were quite bad on both samples I saw, and passed on them.

mine looks ok....I've learned not to pass on anything in the legacy line that I even remotely want. Since I open everything anyway, if there are any major paint app issues I just take care of them myself once the figure is opened.

Tycho
11-12-2009, 05:26 PM
No sign of the Hoth Rebel Soldier, though.

I thought Hasbro said in a Q&A that they hadn't worked him in to an assortment yet.

I don't think the beardless Hoth Soldier is shipping yet. Might not be this year.

This is fine with me as I'm not really excited about chasing it right now.

I just got the Ugnaught and now think I can stay out of the retail stores for a little while.

DarkJedi5
11-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I thought Hasbro said in a Q&A that they hadn't worked him in to an assortment yet.

I don't think the beardless Hoth Soldier is shipping yet. Might not be this year.

This is fine with me as I'm not really excited about chasing it right now.

I was under the impression that they didn't even know if/how many got out but it didn't appear to be nearly as many as they wanted. In other words, I don't think I'll see one, let alone the 3 or so I was planning on. Also disappointing is that fact they said they were going to try to work it into a battle pack at some point, which sucks unless it's with all new figures I would also like three or so copies of.

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 12:16 AM
They claim the 2nd Hoth Trooper got out in low quantities, that they even checked with the factory, but I am not believing it, there haven't been any sightings posted anywhere I've seen and ZERO on ebay. Even if it was just a salesman sample run of a dozen, there'd be frauds with those images on ebay.

morpheus282
11-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Came across what had to be at least two or three cases of this wave in a Target today. I'm assuming that someone had to have picked over it before I got there at 4:00 pm, but there was at least two of every figure on the shelf including two Leias (one after I left). Maybe this is the beginning of the end of the drought?

DarkJedi5
11-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Saw the left overs from a couple cases worth of this wave. Nikto and Malakili are starting to sit around....

Old Fossil
11-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Bought Slave Leia, and Nho'Apakk and Paploo today. They're outstanding! These Ewoks are probably my favorites among my Ewok tribe. The detail on Paploo is most specially good.

I don't seem to have any issues with leaning with this Leia, as was mentioned earlier.

Looking forward to getting Nikto and Giran next weekend!:yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-23-2009, 06:41 PM
If someone else has used this, I apologize. If not, then have at it!

I actually bought a figure today (hey, for me, that is news... 2nd purchase in perhaps two months or so). I discovered that Slave Leia is sponsored by ZZ Top: "She's got legs."

JediTricks
11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
You are, I believe, the first to go there. Now come back so we can whomp you with our skipper hat.

bigbarada
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
The only wave that I've wanted EVERY figure from (which hasn't happened since 2004), and it's the only wave that stores in my area seem to have completely skipped over. :upset:

We are getting so many cases of the ANH wave that even the Scanning Crew Trooper is beginning to sit around.

So, I've been forced to go out of my way to try to find these figures. At least the Luke figure was shipping with wave 10, so I bought him. I ordered Giran and the Nikto online, found Malakili, Nien Nunb and Leia at Target which was about a one-hour drive from me.

Now, I'm still on the hunt for the Ewoks and Major Panno.

If anyone needs any figures from the ANH wave and is interested in doing a trade for the figures mentioned above, then please PM me.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
After initially finding these, Luke, Leia and the Ewoks have disappeared, while I still see Nien Nunb, Malakili, Panno, Nikto and Giran.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2009, 06:46 PM
I saw Leia only once (why I bought it). After opening the figure, she has four legs and some buff biceps, but a very thin thong under. :eek: But the pegwarmers here are Malakili (surprise?), Nien, and Pruneface.

jedibear
11-26-2009, 08:34 PM
I was stunned that Hasbro chose to do a new version of Malakili....heck, I can still remember the POTF2 version of him banging arounfd the pegs for over a year back in the '90s...he was that era's Yarna...and seeing Pruneface (Major whatshisname)is the "sign" for me that I've missed the wave yet again.

No ewoks, Luke or Leia up here...

Old Fossil
11-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I just returned from a trip to Texas from my home in Mississippi, and hit a few Wal-Marts between here and there.

The ROTJ wave is beginning to dry up. I saw several lone Ewoks, but most of the newer figures were from the ROTS wave, including Commander Cody (who looks to still suffer pin-head syndrome).

I believe this wave may no longer be shipping, based off my own observations.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I think Targets are still getting this wave in. Last night, one Target had a ton of each figure. It sort of seems to have not hit Walmart or TRU much at all, as they seem to be getting ROTS instead. Now Target is also the one getting the ANH wave. Odd, but hopefully I'll be able to get everything (I'm only missing five figures - Cody, IG-88, Leesub, Hrchek, and the Jawa). I wonder how things will be after the big rush tomorrow.

bigbarada
12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Well, I got the Paploo/Nho'Apakk figures from HTS today. They're amazing, unfortunately, they were shipped with the YVH-1 part instead of the original astromech part they were packed with, so that's another incomplete BAD that is going into a box somewhere. :upset:

All I need now is Major Panno.

Darth Metalmute
12-03-2009, 12:53 PM
I finally saw this wave, and in Cleveland no less, yet no Leia.
I asked a guy if they had anymore and his wording was, "Not ones that we are selling today." What the H E double L does that mean?

sonofsokol
12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Stopped by the Target near my house yesterday. They had ZERO Clone Wars
figures, about 10 pegs full of Legends, and the following from the ROTJ wave:
16 Nien Nunbs
14 Malakilis
6 Major Pannos
6 Girans
3 Nikto Gunners
3 Grey Ugnaughts
1 Clone Scuba Trooper repack
1 Saleucami Trooper repack

No ewoks, no Leias, no Lukes. I expected to see a lot of Malkilis, but I was suprised by all the Nien Nunbs.

gba88
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Stopped by the Target near my house yesterday. They had ZERO Clone Wars
figures, about 10 pegs full of Legends, and the following from the ROTJ wave:
16 Nien Nunbs
14 Malakilis
6 Major Pannos
6 Girans
3 Nikto Gunners
3 Grey Ugnaughts
1 Clone Scuba Trooper repack
1 Saleucami Trooper repack

No ewoks, no Leias, no Lukes. I expected to see a lot of Malkilis, but I was suprised by all the Nien Nunbs.

Yes, for some reason I'm seeing a lot of him too (nien nunb). It's surprising, b/c I think he's one of the best (if not the best) figures in this wave.

El Chuxter
12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
He does suffer a bit in popularity, I'm guessing, due to Hasbro's Sullustan Pilot fetish. I doubt most realize he's not a straight re-release of one of the thirty or so Ten Nunbs in red, nor is it widely known that the Sullustan in the briefing room is now supposed to be Nien.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2009, 05:49 PM
He does suffer a bit in popularity, I'm guessing, due to Hasbro's Sullustan Pilot fetish. I doubt most realize he's not a straight re-release of one of the thirty or so Ten Nunbs in red, nor is it widely known that the Sullustan in the briefing room is now supposed to be Nien.
I'm not sure what your wording is implying, but he is a red repaint of the white-suited Ten Numb from last year's Evolutions set.

I haven't had much time to look at most of these figures, as I got them for my birthday on Tuesday but have been at the dorm since then. Still, it struck me as an exceptionally good wave in terms of quality. Now I see what all the fuss over Giran was about, with the well-hidden articulation and overall great-looking sculpt. Even Malakili is pretty cool, and I never expected to have, much less want, a second version of this character.

bigbarada
12-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure what your wording is implying, but he is a red repaint of the white-suited Ten Numb from last year's Evolutions set.

I haven't had much time to look at most of these figures, as I got them for my birthday on Tuesday but have been at the dorm since then. Still, it struck me as an exceptionally good wave in terms of quality. Now I see what all the fuss over Giran was about, with the well-hidden articulation and overall great-looking sculpt. Even Malakili is pretty cool, and I never expected to have, much less want, a second version of this character.

For some reason the word "repaint" just doesn't seem fitting when talking about Nein Nunb. That would seem to imply that he's just the Evolutions Ten Nunb figure painted red, but he's not. His body is molded in a completely different color of plastic and I'm not sure if anything has changed about his paint applications.

Overall, though, this is the best wave of 2009. Hands down.

Old Fossil
12-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Now I see what all the fuss over Giran was about, with the well-hidden articulation and overall great-looking sculpt.

I'm right there with you on that. I got Giran tonight at Target, and he is now my "Default Jabba's Henchman." I wish all Jabba's Guards had been (and will be) done with this attention to detail. I'm no major fan of Jabba's Palace characters, but figures like this could make me one real, real fast!

Old Fossil
12-07-2009, 07:28 AM

My wife bought a Major Panno figure for me when she was at Target yesterday. She said it was the last one of him on the pegs.

The figure is full of character, if you take my meaning, and a lot of fun to fiddle around with. The white "surcoat" overlaying his light blue shirt is full of detail, with what look like some kind of ammo clips and rank insignia, which was a nice surprise. He is super-articulated. His ball-jointed neck has a wide range of motion, even with his elongated skull, which allows him to exhibit even more personality. The goggles are cool and with a little jimmying can be made to fit snug around his neck, to help hold down the hood on his cloak -- which looks fine when up, if a little poofy, of course.

My only complaint is the lack of a holster for his gun, and lack of a place to keep the little tool accessory, which could easily get lost if the Major is gifted to a child. That said, it's still a wonderful figure, a great example of how Hasbro can take an on-screen OT character I've never heard of and make it one of the best of the current line. I highly recommend any fan of ROTJ to buy Major Panno when you see him.:thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2009, 08:29 AM
My only complaint is the lack of a holster for his gun, and lack of a place to keep the little tool accessory, which could easily get lost if the Major is gifted to a child.There is a slot on either side of the front of his cloak that can hold that accessory.

Old Fossil
12-07-2009, 11:06 AM
There is a slot on either side of the front of his cloak that can hold that accessory.

Cool, thanks, MSP!

bigbarada
12-08-2009, 09:41 PM
My wife bought a Major Panno figure for me when she was at Target yesterday. She said it was the last one of him on the pegs.

The figure is full of character, if you take my meaning, and a lot of fun to fiddle around with. The white "surcoat" overlaying his light blue shirt is full of detail, with what look like some kind of ammo clips and rank insignia, which was a nice surprise. He is super-articulated. His ball-jointed neck has a wide range of motion, even with his elongated skull, which allows him to exhibit even more personality. The goggles are cool and with a little jimmying can be made to fit snug around his neck, to help hold down the hood on his cloak -- which looks fine when up, if a little poofy, of course.

My only complaint is the lack of a holster for his gun, and lack of a place to keep the little tool accessory, which could easily get lost if the Major is gifted to a child. That said, it's still a wonderful figure, a great example of how Hasbro can take an on-screen OT character I've never heard of and make it one of the best of the current line. I highly recommend any fan of ROTJ to buy Major Panno when you see him.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't really been driving myself crazy looking for him because I thought I would just wait until he showed up around here, but it really does look like this entire wave skipped my area.:mad: So, I went ahead and ordered him from a seller on Amazon (HTS was out of stock again). I'll let you know what I think when he shows up. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Aw dude, I wish you had said something, they had 'em at my local Target last week.

Jabbapalacespy
12-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I really like the Major Panno figure too. I really liked the "Prune Face" vintage figure as a kid. (I used to think he was an alien in Jabba's palace because of an erroneous picture I have in an old coloring book.) Needless to say I have him displayed in my Jabba's palace model just for the heck of it and because he's cool looking :thumbsup:

gba88
12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
I really like the Major Panno figure too. I really liked the "Prune Face" vintage figure as a kid. (I used to think he was an alien in Jabba's palace because of an erroneous picture I have in an old coloring book.) Needless to say I have him displayed in my Jabba's palace model just for the heck of it and because he's cool looking :thumbsup:

I think he looks kind of E.T. like :D Major Panno that is, not prune face.

DarkJedi5
12-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I think he looks kind of E.T. like :D Major Panno that is, not prune face.

They're the same species and they could even be the same character, I'm not sure what EU name has been given to "prune face".

Old Fossil
12-09-2009, 11:57 AM
They're the same species and they could even be the same character, I'm not sure what EU name has been given to "prune face".

The Vintage "Prune Face" figure was given the name "Orimaarko" in the POTF2 incarnation.

Species: Dresselian.

sebillba
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Dressellian is the name of the species... Prune Face is now called "Orrimaarko".

bigbarada
12-09-2009, 12:13 PM
"Prune Face" is now Orrimaarrko, the name of his species is Dressellian.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Damn, I almost feel like I need to say it a fourth time.

bigbarada
12-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Damn, I almost feel like I need to say it a fourth time.

If you do, make sure that you add another double-letter somewhere in his name. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
If you do, make sure that you add another double-letter somewhere in his name. :D
The species name is Ddrreesssseelllliiaann, and his name is Oorrrriimmaaaarrkkoo. :D

For the record, sebillba was correct with the proper spellings of both character and species names. Fifty points to him, and we move on to our next category.

El Chuxter
12-09-2009, 02:42 PM
He is a human, and his name is Luke.

LTBasker
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I only just realized that last night was the first time I had seen any of the ROTJ wave around here, and it was mostly left-overs. Surprisingly a Slave Leia was a left-over, so I picked her up. Originally I didn't plan on it, but it's a good figure for an opportunity buy.

Plus, I got to create an awkward moment later by showing it to my Mom, and giving her the following information about it: "This new Slave Leia is interesting because this time around she separates at the waist, and they included an alternate piece to pose her all sultry-like."

The stare I got in return was a fun mix of "You need to get out more" and "That would have been funny, but you flubbed the delivery."

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 09:10 PM
*Backing away slowly*

bigbarada
12-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Aw dude, I wish you had said something, they had 'em at my local Target last week.

How silly of me, why didn't I think to mention that I needed Major Panno in this thread?

Now, I'm still on the hunt for the Ewoks and Major Panno.

If anyone needs any figures from the ANH wave and is interested in doing a trade for the figures mentioned above, then please PM me.

:p

Old Fossil
12-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Rooks rike prain Engrish to me.

morpheus282
12-10-2009, 09:42 PM
How silly of me, why didn't I think to mention that I needed Major Panno in this thread?

:p

I saw two of them at my local target yesterday. Still need one?

bigbarada
12-10-2009, 11:06 PM
I saw two of them at my local target yesterday. Still need one?

Well, I just got shipping confirmation for the one I ordered off of Amazon. But if something goes wrong, I'll let you know. Thanks!

JediTricks
12-11-2009, 06:04 AM
:pAw dude, I wish you had said something LOUDER AND MORE RECENTLY, they had 'em at my local Target last week.

;)

Actually, it turns out no matter what you said before, I wouldn't have gotten it through my thick skull. I saw a GRIP of these today at various WMs and by then had already forgotten about your post. I need to start carrying a list of what my buddies need.

Old Fossil
12-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Bought the Nikto Gunner and Malakili today, and that finishes up the ROTJ wave for me, at long last.

The Nikto is a fine figure, definitely one of the best of Jabba's lot that has come down the pike. I agree with what has been said of his hat -- it falls off too easily. I also don't care a lot for the greenish weathering to his clothing, but it isn't too distracting. This figure beats the heck out of the "Skiff Guards" cinema scene figures from a decade ago. I would like to see more of Jabba's thugs made with this attention to detail, even though I'm not the biggest fan of characters from Jabba's palace.

Malakili is quite good. He looks great beside Yarna. I like being able to remove his 'cowl' or whatever you call it, and see his shiny noggin.

Finally, I was able to finish the only BAD I cared to from the last few waves -- the silver/white R5 unit. Looks good on my "Streets of Mos Eisley" scene. But I love the R5 style of astromech and so would have gotten this guy via Ebay at some point if I had not been able to build one through normal means.

I think it was BigBarada who said this was the best wave of the year, and I have to agree. I hadn't planned on getting them all, but after seeing them in person I found I was apt to change my mind. I rank the figures thus, the best being first:

1. Major Panno
2. Giran
3. Ewoks
4. Nien Nunb
5. Slave Leia
6. Malakili
7. Nikto Gunner

I didn't get Luke, so I didn't rank him.

Qui-Long Gone
12-14-2009, 02:12 PM
^Get the Luke, it might surprise you (despite some of the flaws)...:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Some of the Targets around here are starting to get backed up with Nien Nunb, Major Panno, Giran, and Malakili. Hopefully none of these will end up like Yarna . . .

Old Fossil
12-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Some of the Targets around here are starting to get backed up with Nien Nunb, Major Panno, Giran, and Malakili. Hopefully none of these will end up like Yarna . . .

This is happening to a small extent at the 1 Target I go to... "backed up" would be too strong a term to use in the case of this store. However, I was able to spread out my purchases of the ROTJ wave over the course of about a month and a half, and there are still at least 1 of each character you named on the pegs, plus the Nikto Gunner, as of last Sunday, when I finished up with the Gunner and Malakili. They have been there a while, but they are not what one would call "common," like Captain Needa common. The Lukes, Leias, and Ewoks are long gone, but the others are moving real, real slow.

It is too bad. But these really nice figures that are pegwarming (even at their low production numbers) make me wonder if maybe Hasbro is right about Legacy not selling well, regardless of competition for peg space with CW and Saga Legends. I mean, the ROTJ wave has some real quality figures in it, in my view, and yet a significant number of them aren't selling. Why is this?

One of the few collector friends I have, named Paul, was only interested in the Leia figure, being an overgrown kid with the usual Slave Leia fantasies. A couple weeks back, we actually stood in the toy aisle, and I found myself really selling Giran and the Ewoks to this guy, who nodded and agreed with everything I said but, in the end, left empty-handed because there were no Slave Leias. He really couldn't give a flip about Major Panno or Nien Nunb, two figures I am absolutely thrilled to own.

I am beginning to think that collectors like Paul are the majority -- people who pay lip service to getting great figures of interesting characters (I'll admit that Panno and Nunb aren't the most exciting, but I like 'em), but when it comes down to it don't want to part with their money for them.

I go into the WM near my work this afternoon, after not checking in for a couple of days, and the CW figures are decimated. Multiples of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and many, many Clones have sold. I know this, because keeping them straight and separate from the Legacy and Legends pegs is my pet project. Legends is of course crammed with Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, ROTS Clones, and stupid Super Battle Droids and Bespin Hans. And Legacy? Aside from the ubitquitous Needa and 1st Ugnaught, there is still the same 1 Zuckuss, 1 Baccara, 1 TMP Holo Emperor, 1 Cliegg Holdfast, 1 Solo in Stormtrooper disguise, 1 Spacetrooper, and 1 Plo Koon w/removable mask. The older figures I can understand, I guess; but the remnants of the ESB wave, the ones I didn't buy, still there after a week and a half? And they're not moving at the reduced price of $6???

Either I haven't learned a frickin' thing in nearly 15 years of collecting the modern line, or the modern line is not the same animal I am used to, or the modern collector is become an endangered species.

bigbarada
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I think it was BigBarada who said this was the best wave of the year, and I have to agree. I hadn't planned on getting them all, but after seeing them in person I found I was apt to change my mind. I rank the figures thus, the best being first:

1. Major Panno
2. Giran
3. Ewoks
4. Nien Nunb
5. Slave Leia
6. Malakili
7. Nikto Gunner

I didn't get Luke, so I didn't rank him.

After getting Major Panno and finishing up this wave, I can confirm that it is definitely the best wave of the year. It just goes to show that there is still lots of fresh territory from ROTJ to explore.

My rankings would be:
1. Giran
2. Ewoks
3. Nein Nunb
4. Major Panno
5. Slave Leia
6. Nikto Gunner
7. Malakili
8. DS2 Luke

morpheus282
12-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Aside from the ubitquitous Needa and 1st Ugnaught, there is still the same 1 Zuckuss, 1 Baccara, 1 TMP Holo Emperor, 1 Cliegg Holdfast, 1 Solo in Stormtrooper disguise, 1 Spacetrooper, and 1 Plo Koon w/removable mask.

I have yet to see the first Zuckuss, and your Walmart has one keeping a peg warm? That's proof life isn't fair. Hopefully I'll run across a Zuckuss and R2-X2 soon and my hunting can take a break for a few months.

sebillba
12-15-2009, 04:08 AM
After getting Major Panno and finishing up this wave, I can confirm that it is definitely the best wave of the year. It just goes to show that there is still lots of fresh territory from ROTJ to explore.

My rankings would be:
1. Giran
2. Ewoks
3. Nein Nunb
4. Major Panno
5. Slave Leia
6. Nikto Gunner
7. Malakili
8. DS2 Luke

BigB, I'm surprised you've rated the Nikto so low... I've got this wave tucked away for Christmas, so haven't actually seen them yet in the plastic, but Giran and Nikto were the two I was most looking forward to. Any particular reason he doesn't stack up so well to the others?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-15-2009, 08:29 AM
I think my only complaint about the Nikto was the helmet coming off easily.

bigbarada
12-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Any particular reason he doesn't stack up so well to the others?

The Nikto was just a bit of a let down for me. The sculpting detail on his head is really soft compared to Giran (the 2002 Nikto Jedi had a more detailed headsculpt), his skin tone is molded in a very dark brown that further obscures his features. Then there is the matter of his helmet falling off constantly. He's simply not up to the standards that I've come to expect from Hasbro.

Giran is amazing, he goes right up there with VTAC Bossk, Legacy Snowspeeder Luke, VOTC Chewie, and Ephant Mon as one of the greatest Star Wars figures of all time.

sebillba
12-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback, that's a shame the Nikto's not up to par, I've always really liked the look of the species, though this one doesn't have the most interesting of outfits. Giran sounds awesome though, and bodes well for when we finally get Wooof.

Cane_Adiss
12-15-2009, 10:23 AM
The way I'd rank the figures:

1. Giran
2. Nysad (nikto gunner)
3. Panno
4. Leia
5. Malakili
6. 2nd Ugnaught variant
7. Nien Nunb
8. Ewoks
9. Luke

I agree this is probably the best overall wave of the year. I was actually very happy with the Nikto Gunner. He's a good toy and has nice accessories. IMO he's very screen accurate. His face sculpt seems dead-on to me and the weathering on his costume isn't too distracting. None of the ROTJ wave is really pegwarming around here so I'd say he and the other aliens have been well received in my area.

I really like the Malakili figure, but my main gripe is that you cant move his arms without his head rag thing coming off or lifting up unnaturally. I wish it was permanently attached like the POTF2 figure's was.

I didn't buy either the ewoks or Luke so I rated them lowest. The Ewoks were at first impossible to find but I've seen them several times since. Very blah looking. Not an ewok fan.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I think some of the pegwarming problem might have to do with the fact that this wave has really only been shipped to Target, at least in my area. So instead of Walmart and TRU each getting a few cases of these figures, Target gets them all, and the same customers see them over and over even after they've bought or passed on them.

Also, I remembered last night that the Evolutions set with Ten Numb sold horribly compared to the others, and is actually still around at some stores. Perhaps a recoloring of one of the figures so soon after the first release wasn't the best idea, as Nien Nunb is probably the worst offender around here.

bigbarada
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I went to the Target in Edwardsville today and found the only Giran that I've ever actually seen on a store shelf. He was the only figure from the ROTJ wave in the store. I went ahead and purchased him, even though I already own one, because I just couldn't stand the idea of a figure that awesome pegwarming.

I've never seen a trace of the ROTJ wave in any Walmart, so I guess they primarily showed up at Targets. Although, we also have a store here in Illinois called Alco and I saw a DS2 Luke and Slave Leia there once. For those of you on the west coast, Alco is pretty much what Walmart used to be over 25 years ago.

I also found the Battle of Endor BP with Warok and the new Endor Luke at the same Target where I picked up Giran. :love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2009, 07:57 PM
I guess, after thinking about it, that I did see one of each ROTJ figure at Kmart, and just saw several Nien Nunbs at a Walmart, but still, Target got the most of these figures. One Target I was just at had a few from the ANH wave, but an absolute ton of the ROTJ wave. At Walmart and TRU, Jeremoch Colton was overstaying his welcome. This is getting a little bit frustrating . . .

JetsAndHeels
12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I have seen the ROTJ wave at both Walmart and Target. Between the two stores, I was able to get the figures I wanted from the wave.

morpheus282
12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
It's amazing that a wave marked as an "early September" release is just now hitting wide distribution. At this rate we'll get the EU wave sometime around July.

LTBasker
12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
That's the wave with the Dark Trooper phase 1, isn't it?

Jabbapalacespy
12-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Love the new Leia, Giran, Nikto, and Malakali. They all look great in my Jabba's palace model.

Next year we are supposed to get Wooof. They just said in the last Q&A that Oola is a possibility for next fall too. Also BG-J38 as a B.A.D. If we get those three I will be pretty much content as far as Jabba palace figures go although I will still hope for a new Gamorian guard, other skiff guards, droids, aliens, etc. in the future. ;)

Old Fossil
12-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah, a new and more articulated Gammorrean Guard is pretty high on my shrinking list of wants. ROTJ seems to me to have the most opportunities for resculpts and never-before-made figures. Tops on my list for ROTJ are

1. Admiral Ackbar
2. The Emperor
3. Sim Aloo (vintage Imperial Dignitary)
4. Lando Calrissian (General)
5. Nien Nunb (Millenium Falcon co-pilot)
6. Gammorrean Guard
7. Weequay

They make those, and I'm officially, permanently done with ROTJ... although I also wouldn't mind seeing resculpts of Wicket, Logray, and even Orrimaarko.

A Wooof made in the quality of Giran would be very tempting.

bigbarada
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah, a new and more articulated Gammorrean Guard is pretty high on my shrinking list of wants. ROTJ seems to me to have the most opportunities for resculpts and never-before-made figures. Tops on my list for ROTJ are

1. Admiral Ackbar
2. The Emperor
3. Sim Aloo (vintage Imperial Dignitary)
4. Lando Calrissian (General)
5. Nien Nunb (Millenium Falcon co-pilot)
6. Gammorrean Guard
7. Weequay

They make those, and I'm officially, permanently done with ROTJ... although I also wouldn't mind seeing resculpts of Wicket, Logray, and even Orrimaarko.

A Wooof made in the quality of Giran would be very tempting.

My list of most wanted figures from ROTJ is pretty full. Much longer than my most wanted lists for ANH, ESB and 80s EU combined.

ROTJ (only the top five are in any real order):
1. Kithaba
2. Barada
3. Wooof
4. Gamorrean Guard
5. Admiral Ackbar
6. Weequay
7. Weequay Skiff Master
8. Wicket
9. Logray
10. Teebo
11. Vedain
12. Velken Tezeri
13. Klaatu Skiff Guard (unnamed Green Nikto)
14. Yotts Oren
15. Vizam
16. Mon Calamari Officer
17. Han Carbonite
18. Nikto Skiff Guard
19. Grey Leader Y-Wing Pilot
20. Leia Ewok Celebration
21. Nein Nunb
22. Yak Face
23. Mercenary Pilot
24. Taym Dren Garen
25. Sgt. Doallyn
26. Lumat
27. Lando Skiff
28. Lando General Pilot
29. Pote Snitkin
30. Ree-Yees
31. Squidhead
32. Oola
33. Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band (non-SE)
34. Jabba the Hutt
35. Gailid
36. Shirtless Human Skiff Guard
37. Shasa Tiel

And these are just the ones off the top of my head, I could go on and on. Which is why I'm starting to consider myself an ROTJ collector first and a Star Wars collector second.

Just for comparison, my other want lists would be:
ANH:
1. Cantina Band Member
2. Ponda Baba
3. Dr. Evazan
4. Bom Vimdim
5. Grand Moff Tarkin
6. SA Threepio
7. SA Rebel Fleet Trooper

ESB
1. Wedge Snowspeeder
2. Dak Ralter Snowspeeder