PDA

View Full Version : Mego Arcturian Retro Review

Engineernerd
09-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Since the shelves are basically devoid of anything new or purchase worthy, I'm kicking it vintage again. This time with Star Trek.

I've got a number of the 3 3/4" Mego Star Trek TMP figures. This guys is probably the oddest and rarest, the Arcturian. I've actually been meaning to review this guy since the site began, I just never got around to it.

Check out this vintage marvel here:
http://tvandfilmtoys.com/index.php/2...rcturian-3-34/ (http://tvandfilmtoys.com/index.php/2009/09/mego-arcturian-3-34/)

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

Old Fossil
09-30-2009, 12:18 PM
The only 3 3/4" Star Trek: TMP figure I owned back in the day was Scotty. The line was, well, underwhelming, to put it mildly.

O Mego! God of action figure gods! Why o why didn't you paint the eyes???

Old Fossil
09-30-2009, 05:42 PM
The Star Trek TMP line of Mego 3 3/4" figures looks like a relatively inexpensive line to collect MOC. I may look into that later. The cardbacks are not as aesthetically pleasing as Star Wars ones, but are nice and nostalgic nevertheless.

Engineernerd
10-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't have a Scotty, and might have to get one one of these days.

I really wish I had the bridge playset, though.

Old Fossil
10-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't have a Scotty, and might have to get one one of these days.

I really wish I had the bridge playset, though.

I didn't even buy the Scotty -- I actually stole it from a TG&Y store, where it was loose in a bin of cheap rubber toys and other junk.:ninja: Even though that was around 30 years ago, I still feel a pang of guilt about it. I ended up giving it away to a friend of mine.

I didn't know there was a bridge playset for that line!

Old Fossil
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
(Us old guys gotta help one another out, Fossil.)

Eh? What?:laugh:

What a cool link! I've been to that site before, but not to those catalog archives. Man, did I ever used to love browsing the Christmas catalogs!

Don't know what to think of that Bridge playset. Hard to beat the bigger vinyl playset/case from the early '70's.

And I just want to say: I miss the Micronauts.:cry: