PDA

View Full Version : Am I being overly sensitive or is my friend being a bit of a t*t?

JEDIpartner
09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm getting really excited about my trips to Chicago to see Kylie Minogue on her first ever and probably only tour of North America with my partner, Lou, and my solo trip to NYC to see Kylie on the original date (so we didn't waste the original tickets we bought-- since that's now a school weekend for Lou). However, I've had some issues with Lou's sub, our alleged friend, Mark, as he'd been pretty cr*p about getting back in touch with me to coordinate some details about the trip. I'm driving in and staying in NJ. He's flying in and staying in NYC and seeing 3 B'way shows while there. I'd originally told him that I'd like to just meet for lunch and dinner so he didn't feel obligated to hang with me for his whole trip unless he said otherwise.

ANYHOW... he finally got back to me on Saturday after not calling me back for a month and this is how it played out.

The last time we talked, you said you wanted to eat at Pomaire. I got us a $10 gift certificate for Pomaire from restaurant.com for $1.60, but it's only valid for lunch. The lunch and dinner menus are the same... as are the prices. At least we can save $10 on the bill.

Well... that's my favourite restaurant in NYC and I'd rather eat there for dinner.

Um... OK?

And... I hope this doesn't offend you, but I'd rather not meet you for lunches 'cos there are some things I wanna do in the City.

(to self) Um... things? What things are you planning on doing that I can't walk with you or do with you? While this ticket we're giving you for free is in return for all the comp tickets you've given us in the last 10 years (Maybe 8 shows) at the Cleveland Playhouse, you didn't pay for those tickets and we've paid $150 for this one. Aren't YOU the grateful one?

So... I'm feeling a little underwhelmed and insulted that he's only willing to spend about 3 hours in my company for the duration of the whole weekend. Am I just being sensitive or he being a jerk?

I've been kinda wrestling with this all weekend.

LTBasker
09-28-2009, 12:34 PM
A slight bit over-sensitive, I think, but not entirely. Although, it is pretty rude that he doesn't really offer any sort of rational reasoning as to why it has to be his way when you're making a kind offer like that.

I'd leave it at that and not put much more thought into it, unless the guy becomes intolerable.

By the way, ever been called a t*t by a Brit? It's an interesting experience, somehow their accent just makes it really fun.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I would've offered the ticket to somebody else if you hadn't heard from them in over a month. I too think you're being a bit overly sensitive as you said you don't want him to feel obligated to hang out with you, but you're upset that he said he doesn't want to hang out cos he has to do things.

My buddy back home in Troy was SO. DAMN. EXCITED. that he's going to the Kylie show in Chicago and he would not shut up about it. lol

JEDIpartner
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Okay... but here's the thing: Not joined at the hip, but at the very least let's hook-up for lunch and dinner. His initial response was "okay! That sounds like a plan..." and then no calls-- just vague e-mails. Mind you, he also wants me to drive him back to Ohio.

So... feeling a little used. If I were in the reverse situation, I wouldn't just use my friend as a free ticket. *shrug* That's all...

As for your buddy, Troy... it's a pretty big deal. She's been recording and performing since 1987 and this is her first tour of North America since then. She's toured Europe, Asia and Australia a number of times in the last 20+ years. I don't think a single one of her American fans ever thought they would have the opportunity to see her on their home turf. The thing that I love about her is that she has always operated with dignity and such privacy. The awesome thing was that, after she revealed she had breast cancer a few years back, all of these cancer charities (even the pediatric ones) that she'd secretly supported for years came out and spoke out for her. It was one of those moments where I really felt that I'd boarded the right train years ago.

Since I'm seeing her in Chicago as well as NYC, maybe I'll unwittingly cross paths with Troy!!!!

El Chuxter
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Duuuuuuuuude, he's being such a t**t, you're in danger of being lactated upon. You should buy him a big bra, and, when he asks why, just say, "You're a t**t!!"

Old Fossil
09-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Duuuuuuuuude, he's being such a t**t, you're in danger of being lactated upon. You should buy him a big bra, and, when he asks why, just say, "You're a t**t!!"

I thought a t**t was something else.:confused:

El Chuxter
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I figured it was a 50-50 chance, and I could post something stupid on a family-friendly site with the ** being ea. Not with it being wa.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I figured he meant "tit" (as there's only one asterisk), and Chux was randomly going with "teat", given they have the same meaning.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Okay... but here's the thing: Not joined at the hip, but at the very least let's hook-up for lunch and dinner. His initial response was "okay! That sounds like a plan..." and then no calls-- just vague e-mails. Mind you, he also wants me to drive him back to Ohio.

So... feeling a little used. If I were in the reverse situation, I wouldn't just use my friend as a free ticket. *shrug* That's all...

As for your buddy, Troy... it's a pretty big deal. She's been recording and performing since 1987 and this is her first tour of North America since then. She's toured Europe, Asia and Australia a number of times in the last 20+ years. I don't think a single one of her American fans ever thought they would have the opportunity to see her on their home turf. The thing that I love about her is that she has always operated with dignity and such privacy. The awesome thing was that, after she revealed she had breast cancer a few years back, all of these cancer charities (even the pediatric ones) that she'd secretly supported for years came out and spoke out for her. It was one of those moments where I really felt that I'd boarded the right train years ago.

Since I'm seeing her in Chicago as well as NYC, maybe I'll unwittingly cross paths with Troy!!!!

actually, my buddy lives in Troy. His name is Jordan and he's been following Kylie for the last 20 years or so, buying and downloading every album/ep/single/, etc she has ever put out around the world. When he found out about her tour, he sent me a text with so many caps and !!!!! it made my eyes hurt. lol I think he and his mum are driving to Chicago. He asked my girlfriend to go, but she passed due to trying to save $$$. Hell, had I known sooner and whatnot, I could've given you his contact info cos he would've gladly tried to work something out with that extra NYC ticket you had! hehehe

and that's pretty shady if your friend wants you to drive him back to Ohio after he pulls this nonsense. You should tell him that you can't because "there are some things you wanna do on the ride home." :crazed: