PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan Kenobi's starfighter prop

ascmclarencoupe
10-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Since we are all fans of the SW ships here I thought I would share.

Recently we planned a family trip to the children's museum in Indianapolis to see the King Tut exhibit. What I wasn't expecting to see was a Star Wars Clone Wars exhibit that was also there. The showing was not overly impressive compared to other SW exhibits with props and costumes and such, but I suppose that is to be expected considering that it is a cartoon after all.
What was very cool though was Obi-Wan Kenobi's starfighter prop from Episode II that was on display. It was showing a bit of wear & tear and it was getting pretty dusty sitting where it was but it was pretty neat to see it in person.
I stood there leaning against the railing just taking it in and letting my mind wander a bit to the point of it being kind of surreal. Probably mostly because it was a full-size prop and not a smaller model. I found myself feeling the same way when I saw the full-size landspeeder prop a couple years ago.
I have been to several of the touring SW prop shows and I don't know what it is about the ships and vehicles. Items like the costumes and lightsabers are neat to see, but I can look and stare at the ships for hours.

Brent

Nightside
10-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I saw the same exhibit back in April (very small exhibit). The Jedi Starfighter was by far the highlight. Only complaint was where it was located. It was too bad one couldn't get any closer to it. But I suppose it was safer up off the floor like that.