PDA

View Full Version : Nhl 0910

Bel-Cam Jos
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
The season started? Really? Discuss.

Defend Lord Stanley's Cup, Pittsburgh! :thumbsup: :hoist:

DarkJedi5
10-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm a Sharks' fan so the regular season is really all I have to live for. The season opener in Colorado was pretty darn bad.

TeeEye7
10-03-2009, 11:24 PM

Can you and I throw a few comments about the Reign and the Condors in this thread, too? (It's a valid NHL connection isn't it?). Their opener is only days away.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Perhaps a more interesting thread title would've been "Professional Hockey Aught-9 & 10: Take a Puck to the Head and Crash the [Message] Boards With Us." Huh? Catchy, eh? :rolleyes:

I say, if they're on ice skates, it's hockey. Yes, including ice dancing, figure skating, rescue workers on frozen ponds, a kid with ice skates for Christmas walking around his living room, a frozen fish called a skate, even an ISE on a computer that's frozen up. ALL of them: hockey. :p

I plan to catch a game or two there this year, once the ol' schedule slows down a tad. CBB Arena is a nice venue.

And the Pens get a nice shoot-em-out victory, over another NY squad.

DarthQuack
10-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Let's go Blueshirts!!!!

I've never been to a Rangers game....but I really would like to this year.

Darth Metalmute
10-06-2009, 08:59 AM

I tried to watch the first Wings game of the season. I just can't. I'm still not over game 6 and 7 of the Stanley Cup.

DarkJedi5
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I tried to watch the first Wings game of the season. I just can't. I'm still not over game 6 and 7 of the Stanley Cup.

Wow talk about a long memory! As a Sharks' fan, if I was like that, I'd probably never watch hockey again. And c'mon! How many championships have the Wings won in the past decade? Like losing once in a while is gonna kill the franchise.

Slicker
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Wow talk about a long memory! As a Sharks' fan, if I was like that, I'd probably never watch hockey again. And c'mon! How many championships have the Wings won in the past decade? Like losing once in a while is gonna kill the franchise.When you're as used to winning as we are it's tough when you don't win it.

Unfortunately they don't show many Wings games over here.

Darth Metalmute
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow talk about a long memory! As a Sharks' fan, if I was like that, I'd probably never watch hockey again. And c'mon! How many championships have the Wings won in the past decade? Like losing once in a while is gonna kill the franchise.

The problem isn't that they didn't win, its that they choked it away knowing that they were getting old. You always got to win that last one before the run is over. Last year was that one. They will still be good, but not as good as they have been in the past 12 years.

pbarnard
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Don't you mean how Malkin's Russian Mob handlers applied pressure to the officiating and bought the Cup? What was the problem with Malkin and Olvechkin initially, the mobsters who owned them would release them until they extored, I mean were offered, more for their contract buy outs.

Darth Metalmute
10-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Do those Mobsters protect Tom Brady as well? Everything is begining to make sense :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Don't you mean how Malkin's Russian Mob handlers applied pressure to the officiating and bought the Cup? What was the problem with Malkin and Olvechkin initially, the mobsters who owned them would release them until they extored, I mean were offered, more for their contract buy outs.The Russian Mob had nothing to do with it - it was all Betteman and his boy toy Cindy Crosby.

DarkJedi5
10-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Eh, any year where the final involves the same two teams as the year before is about the most boring final I can imagine. Well, the Coyotes and Thrashers would be pretty boring too.

Slicker
10-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Many people didn't think it was boring since the ratings were the highest in years.

Darth Metalmute
10-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't see a baseball thread, and don't feel like starting one so I will vent here.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I can't believe the Tigers blew yesterdays game. The announcers spent every minute they could praising Leyland, yet the fool left in Laird serveral times with runners on base. Rodney can't pitch two consecutive innings much yet four but no one was warming up in the pen.

My sports year is now complete. It started with my Broncos becoming the first NFL team ever to blow a three game lead with three games left, and ended with my Tigers becoming the first MLB team ever to blow a three game lead with four games left. Throw in the choke jobs that OSU did against Texas and USC and the Wings in the cups finals.

Slicker
10-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't see a baseball thread, and don't feel like starting one so I will vent here.
Here's the baseball thread. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=699855#post699855)

Darth Metalmute
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Here's the baseball thread. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=699855#post699855)

Thanks, didn't realize it was in Spanish :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Beisbol been veddy veddy good to us, here.

BTW, the Ontario (California) Reign's home opener is later this month. Come on out! (really, it's a wonderful arena).

Slicker
10-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks, didn't realize it was in Spanish :thumbsup:This is America! The official language is spanish! :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Should this thread be in French, then? :wemissyour:

DarkJedi5
10-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Ligue nationale de hockey en deux mille neuf - deux mille dix?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Ontario Reign v. Bakersfield Condors... it's on, TeeEye! :lipsrsealed: And we're considering having a THIRD mascot to go along with our dragon Blaze and The Black Knight. Grr! :pleased:

TeeEye7
10-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Not a bad beginning for us: 5-0! Not bad for a bunch of Okies! ;)

We'll just see how the rest of the season goes. We've got a loooong way to go yet!

http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=7173

Bel-Cam Jos
10-17-2009, 10:04 AM
... slinks away in shame... :sad: Apparently that excitement over rain in southern CA didn't extend to homophones of the word.

TeeEye7
10-17-2009, 08:40 PM
... slinks away in shame... :sad: Apparently that excitement over rain in southern CA didn't extend to homophones of the word.

Remember: "It ain't over 'til it's over". The season is just getting started.

Slicker
10-18-2009, 09:00 AM
The Wings are off to a sloooooooow start. But at least they aren't Mabs' poor Leafs. 0-6 sucks...

Bel-Cam Jos
10-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Remember: "It ain't over 'til it's over". The season is just getting started.You mean like an 8-2 thrashing in game #2? :rolleyes: The Reign's home opener ain't until day before Halloween.

Speaking of Lightning, :confused: the Pens take out TB to tie NY Rangers for the league lead in points (14), yet are only tied for 1st in their own division. Off to a good start this year.

TeeEye7
10-18-2009, 01:19 PM
You mean like an 8-2 thrashing in game #2?

All I can say of my team is "don't get cocky, kid!"

You know you're in trouble when you're scored on in the first 39 seconds of the game (Lenes). Making things worse is Hogeboom getting a hat trick.

I'm hoping this will make for a good rivalry. :thumbsup: Normally that's been the Fresno Falcons. Things look interesting, BCJ! :yes:

DarthBrandon
10-18-2009, 02:13 PM
The Wings are off to a sloooooooow start. But at least they aren't Mabs' poor Leafs. 0-6 sucks...

Yeah, but four more losses & we are cup bound.:):D

TeeEye7
11-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Condors lead the Pacific Division of the ECHL! :thumbsup:

....ahead of the Reign by two points.....

Bel-Cam Jos
11-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Just like the Penguins' little slide early this year, it only matters at the END of the season. But I will give your Condors their due, TI. You guys play tough and play well.

CaptainSolo1138
11-22-2009, 01:21 AM
A rousing skills competition shootout victory for the Toronto Make Beliefs tonight must surely be the dawning of a new day.

Or not. I was only posting that to get mabs off the ledge.

In other news, F you Geroges Laraque (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Laraque-not-worried-after-knee-on-knee-?urn=nhl,204111).

Bel-Cam Jos
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
There were several SOs yesterday. Penguins move back to top of their division again. Amazing what a healthy team can do. But they've given up a lot of goals; they're only +5 or something overall.

Slicker
11-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Detroit is clawing there way back to the top. Let's just hope they can stay healthy...

TeeEye7
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
The sport: Women's Ice Hockey
The year: 1921

.....the player on the left must have been Russian......:Ponder:

mabudonicus
11-24-2009, 03:31 PM
I ain't on no ledge Cappy, I basically jumped off a few years ago (possible defining moment watching the Leafs get beat out of the playoffs at about the 10 minute mark of the first with a smiling JJreason looking on)
Since the ledge was on the first floor, the 3 foot fall was easy to survive unscathed- I would wager it was much less painful than actually watching this season with any sort of hope for the blue-and-white, hell I can see the stink lines coming off the ACC from here
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Serious man, this year could literally be an all-time low, it's sort of magical almost

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Going to my fourth hockey game of the season tonight in Buffalo. For games I've gone to, the Sabres are 0-2-1. The remaining home games I haven't attended, they are 9-1-1.

The Pens are still the team to beat. When they are fully healthy, they will be near unstoppable in the East.

I still think the Bruins will take the Northeast. The Sabres are not that physical of a team and that will hurt them in the long run.

Is this the year Detroit finally doesn't make the playoffs?

DarkJedi5
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Going to my fourth hockey game of the season tonight in Buffalo. For games I've gone to, the Sabres are 0-2-1. The remaining home games I haven't attended, they are 9-1-1.

Wow, I was benching Ludqvist on my fantasy team but if you're Buffalo's bad luck token, maybe I should play him after all! All kidding aside, I hate it when you have a record like that. When I was in college I used to travel to football road games now and then and my road record (including Bowl games is) is 2-5. That makes for a lot of long trips home....

I don't think Pittsburgh is the team to beat though, it's the Capitals, they want it so much more, the question there is their goaltending. My pick for the Northeast is Ottawa. I love the Habs but they're almost as bad as the Leafs this year and as a Sharks' fan I know exactly what they've got in Cheechoo and Michalek and Kovalev was a great pick up too. And I would LOVE it if Detroit watched the first round of the playoffs from home. I think it's bad for the sport when teams become that dominant because it means that teams like Atlanta will just always be that bad. At least in the west there's a little changing up goin on. I didn't think Phoenix would ever be good and it's nice to see the Kings finally make something of themselves. (I also love seeing Dallas and Anaheim battle for the Pacific division's toilet.)

Rocketboy
12-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Is this the year Detroit finally doesn't make the playoffs?Not a chance - they're just beat to all hell right now. Once they get healthy again they'll start rolling.

Darth Metalmute
12-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Is this the year Detroit finally doesn't make the playoffs?

Its harder to miss the NHL playoffs than make them. And since Detroit's ownership cares and they just freed up 25 million with the Granderson trade, I doubt they'll miss the playoffs.

Rocketboy
12-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Its harder to miss the NHL playoffs than make them. And since Detroit's ownership cares and they just freed up 25 million with the Granderson trade, I doubt they'll miss the playoffs.Two different sports there.
Unless you meant because the Red Wings and Tigers are owned by Mike "Little Caesars" Illitch. In which case the $25 mil won't help because of the NHL salary cap.

Darth Metalmute
12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah I know, but bonuses are another thing outside the cap. You can always sign someone for a million a year and give them 34 mil in bonus.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-28-2009, 10:28 AM
On the same day that the Penguins lose a 1-goal game, TeeEye's Condors manhandle our Reign with a 3-2 result, which I got to see in person last night. :frus: There were some good "starts" to fights, though (just like in the game, no follow through). Coach blasted his team in the newspaper today. :(

TeeEye7
12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Interviews with the Condor's coach this year have stated that they're just keeping their collective heads down and sticking to fundamentals. Seems to be working so far.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Your team spread the ice on rushes, passed the puck properly, knew how to play tight defense, and hit only when they really needed to, TI. I can see why they're on top of the division.

BTW, I'm not certain, but when they were scanning the big screen camera around the arena, they stopped on someone I swear (I know it's not allowed on this site ;) ) was Dustin "Screetch" Diamond. Full beard and all! :eek: And the most-played song artists between faceoffs were either The Killers, RUSH, Van Halen, or RH Chili Peppers, by my count.

Darth Metalmute
02-22-2010, 01:21 PM
What a great day of Hockey yesterday! Russia, Sweden, Canada and the U.S. all in the same day!

What a game by Ryan Miller. Now I know why the Red Wings were trying to get him a few years ago before Buffalo signed him to a muti-year deal.

Canada now has the tough, if not impossible, task of beating Russia and then Sweden just to get a chance at a rematch. The U.S., on the other hand, should be a lock for at least silver barring an upset.

TeeEye7
04-07-2010, 03:47 AM
The ECHL Kelly Cup will belong to my Condors!

Bwahahahahahahahahahah! :twisted:

Sorry BCJ!

Darth Metalmute
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM

Sorry BCJ!

I don't know, my beloved Walleye look unstopable right now.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-11-2010, 09:43 AM

Sorry BCJ!Yeah, but who led the league in attendance? The Ontario Reign! It's all about the dead presidents, yo! :greedy: ;)

Oh, and the Penguins lost their chance to be a division winner yesterday. :(

TeeEye7
04-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Unfortunately, my Condors are on the doorstep of elimination in the playoffs by the Victoria Salmon Kings (JJR should be happy!). We usually choke in the first round. Tradition, I guess.

Darth Metalmute
04-11-2010, 06:14 PM
My Walleye are in the same boat. 7-2 winners in game 1, then 2 consecutive losses.

The Wings, on the other hand, started the after-olympic break as the ninth seed. Now they are the fifth seed after having the best record after the Olympics. I wouldn't be surprised if they are back in the cup finals.

DarthQuack
04-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Freaking Rangers blew their chance to sneak in the backdoor in the Eastern Conference today...:upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

TeeEye7
04-13-2010, 02:49 AM
We won! We beat the Victoria Salmon Kings 2-1 in the last 48 seconds of the 3rd period!

Friday we host the Stockton Thunder in the second round of the playoffs! I'll have to see about getting tickets for Saturday's game!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
We won! We beat the Victoria Salmon Kings 2-1 in the last 48 seconds of the 3rd period!

Friday we host the Stockton Thunder in the second round of the playoffs! I'll have to see about getting tickets for Saturday's game!

Congrats. Last second goals are exhilarating, provided that you cheer for the team that scored it.

The Kings finally made the postseason after an 8 year absence. And even though they are the underdog, don't forget they clobbered the Canucks 8-3 not too long ago in L.A.

Darth Metalmute
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Playoffs start Wednesday night. I'll take;

Washington over Montreal in 4 games,
New Jersey over Philadelphia in 7 games,
Buffalo over Boston in 5 games,
Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 7 games,
San Jose over Colorado in 4 games,
Chicago over Nashville in 6 games,
Los Angeles over Vancouver in 7 games,
Detroit over Phoenix in 6 games.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
It would be so awesome to have the Pens play the Kings, then I could see them win the Cup in person, as all 3 of their finals series have been clinched on the road. I doubt that'll happen; heck, after losing game 1 at home, they'd better kick it in gear to beat the Canadian Government Officials. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
04-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Washington over Montreal in 6 games
New Jersey over Philadelphia in 6 games
Buffalo over Boston in 7 games
Ottawa over Pittsburgh in 4 games

Colorado over San Jose in 6 games
Chicago over Nashville in 6 games
Los Angeles over Vancouver in 6 games
Detroit over Phoenix in 6 games

DarkJedi5
04-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I know they're already underway but here are my predictions:

Sharks over Avs in 5
Hawks over Preds in 4
Canucks over Kings in 6
Coyotes over Wings in 7

Caps over Habs in 5
Flyers over Devils in 6
Sabers over Bruins in 6
Pens over Sens in 4 (These were posted on Facebook Monday so I won't cheat and revise them)

Slicker
04-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Wing over the Coyotes in 4...oh, wait...

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Washington over Montreal in 6 games

Ottawa over Pittsburgh in 4 gamesUh, I think you have these series transposed and reversed. ;)

Rocketboy
04-17-2010, 12:23 AM
In each and every round I'm voting Sh*ttsburgh down in 4.
And Canadiens fans are pr*cks.

DarkJedi5
04-17-2010, 12:29 AM
In each and every round I'm voting Sh*ttsburgh down in 4.
And Canadiens fans are pr*cks.

There are no fans in the League worse than Wings and Ducks fans. They are the worst people in hockey.

Rocketboy
04-17-2010, 06:24 AM
There are no fans in the League better than Wings fans. They are the best people in hockey.
Or:

There are no fans in the League worse than Penguins, Avalanche and Ducks fans. They are the worst people in hockey.

Fixed. :thumbsup:

Darth Metalmute
04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
There are no fans in the League worse than Wings and Ducks fans. They are the worst people in hockey.

Hey, I resent that.:rolleyes: I can think of plenty of worse fans than Wing fans. But out of respect for Bel-Cam Jos I'll reserve judgement.

The problem with Wing fans are that once the playoffs start, all the Yankee, Cowboy, and Laker fans start rooting for Detroit since they are winners. True Wing fans get a bad rap for these bandwagoners.

DarkJedi5
04-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey, I resent that.:rolleyes: I can think of plenty of worse fans than Wing fans. But out of respect for Bel-Cam Jos I'll reserve judgement.

The problem with Wing fans are that once the playoffs start, all the Yankee, Cowboy, and Laker fans start rooting for Detroit since they are winners. True Wing fans get a bad rap for these bandwagoners.

That may well be but since Detroit is always in the playoffs it's hard to discern the bandwagoners from the other Wings fans. I think a decade of abysmal performances is just the thing to purge the unworthy from the Wings camp. I bet I could get Hawks fans to go for that.

Rocketboy
04-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Well, after nearly 20 years of following the Red Wings I don;t think I can be classified as a bandwagoner.

:D

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Being an out-of-state Pittsburgh fan of all the teams (yes, even the Pirates! :eek: :Pirate: ), it's hard for me to be a "worst" fan, I think. I only get to see them in person if they make west coast trips, or the rare time I'm back east. On TV, it's different. But I don't brag too much when they win (unless the Bucs have a winning record, then all bets are off :pleased: ), and will be honest in both defeat and victory. Or, at least I try to. And I haven't seen the Pens in person since '93; :( tickets for Pitt vs. Anaheim or LA are the pricey ones. :greedy: :sad:

And RB, if you really hate a team, vote them out in 3; so bad, the league waives the last game to spare the world such tragedy. ;)

Slicker
04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
And RB, if you really hate a team, vote them out in 3; so bad, the league waives the last game to spare the world such tragedy. ;)In that case I'll help him out and say that Pittsburgh and Cynthia Crosby are gonna lose the series in 2 games. :p

Rocketboy
04-17-2010, 07:27 PM
No way Betteman would let his Golden Boy go down like that.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2010, 09:26 AM
No way Betteman would let his Golden Boy go down like that.But if that were true, wouldn't he have gone David Stern and manipulated it so the Pens won their division, thereby setting up a #1 Caps vs. #2 Pens conference final, rather than a conference semi series?

p.s. And his properly misspelled and mispronounced name is "Cindy Crosby," thank you gentlemen, which is how a dsylexic person would know him anyway.

Oh, Penguins in 6 1/3 games. :rolleyes:

Rocketboy
04-18-2010, 02:46 PM
But if that were true, wouldn't he have gone David Stern and manipulated it so the Pens won their division, thereby setting up a #1 Caps vs. #2 Pens conference final, rather than a conference semi series?Nah, too much of a gamble with the Ovechkin factor.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Lots of close series out there. All were tied 1-1. Several are at 3-2 and I see lots of Game 7s in the forecast.

Yeah for Phoenix. They are making things interesting in the desert although unlucky for them they drew the Wings. The Kings looked like they were going to roll over the Canucks but the Canuckleheads responded convincingly the last two games.

In the east, Pittsburgh is going to come out of the East again so any other team that has a thought of contending is just a pipe dream.

DarthQuack
04-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I've enjoyed it all so far....I would love to see Montreal push it to Game 7 :lipsrsealed:

Rocketboy
04-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Stupid Phoenix Dingos...

DarthQuack
04-25-2010, 06:37 PM
One game 7 booked!

Darth Metalmute
04-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Wing's just didn't look like they wanted it yesterday. 3 power plays in the first 10 minutes and a 5 on 3 , and they give up a goal......

I feel bad for any Detroiters who wasted their money to sit and watch that debacle.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
On a totally different slant, seeing various clips of past Stanley Cup playoff moments lately, it's weird to now see home teams wearing the dark sweaters. And there were less complaints to officials about hits then.

Back to the present, the Pens comeback (on the road again) from 0-3 in Game 6 bodes well for the future... until Washington remembers they never lost to Pittsburgh in the regular season.

Rocketboy
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
After a wild first round with plenty of upsets, round 2 gets under way on Thursday!

WEST
(1) San Jose vs. (5) Detroit - Detroit in 6
(2) Chicago vs. (3) Vancouver - Vancouver in 7

EAST
(4) Pittsburgh vs.(8) Montreal - Montreal in 4
(6) Boston vs. (7) Philadelphia - Philadelphia in 6

DarthQuack
04-28-2010, 11:42 PM
I've enjoyed it all so far....I would love to see Montreal push it to Game 7 :lipsrsealed:

Ah....I was happy to be right and see the Habs take out Washington!!

DarkJedi5
04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
I know they're already underway but here are my predictions:

Sharks over Avs in 5
Hawks over Preds in 4
Canucks over Kings in 6
Coyotes over Wings in 7

Caps over Habs in 5
Flyers over Devils in 6
Sabers over Bruins in 6
Pens over Sens in 4 (These were posted on Facebook Monday so I won't cheat and revise them)

Hmmm. So I was a total of 8 games off and picked the wrong team three times. Not bad... but not great. Let's see if I do better this round:

Sharks in 6
Hawks in 7

Pens in 6
Flyers in 7

Darth Metalmute
04-29-2010, 07:51 AM
I'll take the Wings in 6,
the Hawks in 7,
the Pens in 5,
and the Flyers in 6.

BCJ, looks like round three is a big possibility.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-29-2010, 02:55 PM
It's weird; I wonder if this has ever happened in a playoff year before (regardless of sport)... all the 2nd round seeds still left are sequential.
#1 West SJ
#2 West Chic.
#3 West Van.
#4 East Pitt.
#5 West Det.
#6 East Bos.
#7 East Phil.
#8 East Mont.

Slicker
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, the Wings are down 3-0. Some may call it pessimism but I call it being realistic when I say that they're playoff season is over.

They should put Osgood in just for the heck of it. Who knows? Maybe he could help pull off a miracle...

DarkJedi5
05-04-2010, 10:54 PM
The Sharks are finally putting together a post season run they can be proud of. Winning one at the Joe was all I could hope for before tonight but dare I dream about the unspeakable?

Rocketboy
05-04-2010, 11:54 PM
The Sharks are finally putting together a post season run they can be proud of. Winning one at the Joe was all I could hope for before tonight but dare I dream about the unspeakable?Maybe they'll even get an award for diving.

Emperor Bettman and his referee henchmen defeat the Wings again (even considering the Wings didn't bother playing in the 3rd period).

So much bullsh*t being called against Detroit and not being called against San Jose. Call it Detroit blinders if you will, but lately I've been seeing others (mostly non-Detroit blogs) finally noticing this Detroit penalty bias (even those handicapped fellas on Vs. said something about game 2).

And the overturned Zetterberg goal was total garbage. There was absolutely no kicking motion.

DarkJedi5
05-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Maybe they'll even get an award for diving.

Emperor Bettman and his referee henchmen defeat the Wings again (even considering the Wings didn't bother playing in the 3rd period).

So much bullsh*t being called against Detroit and not being called against San Jose. Call it Detroit blinders if you will, but lately I've been seeing others (mostly non-Detroit blogs) finally noticing this Detroit penalty bias (even those handicapped fellas on Vs. said something about game 2).

And the overturned Zetterberg goal was total garbage. There was absolutely no kicking motion.

VS has been on the Detroit bandwagon all series! They sounded surprised that the Sharks even took the ice in game one. They went on and on about the calls going against the Wings in game 2 (and I'll admit there were some pretty bad ones) though when the refs tried to even things out with Danny Heatley's BS goaltender interference call the VS guys didn't seem to notice (neither did most of Michigan it would seem, after reading some Wings blogs after the game).

And it was a distinct kicking motion! He lifted his foot and tried to time his stride to connect with the puck. Not sure which feed you were watching but he jabbed his foot at the puck and the toe of his skate came up. That's a strong indication he was doing more than simply gliding which is how the rule is always enforced. I thought that the refs did a pretty good job tonight and called a relatively even game. I'm curious to see what happens Thursday.

Darth Metalmute
05-05-2010, 08:25 AM
And it was a distinct kicking motion! He lifted his foot and tried to time his stride to connect with the puck. Not sure which feed you were watching but he jabbed his foot at the puck and the toe of his skate came up. That's a strong indication he was doing more than simply gliding which is how the rule is always enforced. I thought that the refs did a pretty good job tonight and called a relatively even game. I'm curious to see what happens Thursday.

I have to disagree with you on that. His toe came up because he was being held (a penalty) by the defensemen. The puck hit his skate, bounced off, and then his toe came up. Had he not been held, he would have had his stick on it. It was quite obvious that he was off balance at the time when his toe came up.

The NHL should be embarassed about the officiating in this series. Not only is is so one-sided, but even the minimal calls they call against the Sharks are horrible. If hockey was any bigger than it is, the officiating would be national news like the NBA officiating now. The NBA officiating is nowhere near as bad as the NHL officiating.

As for your VS. comment, they say the sign of good broadcasting is when both fanbases think they are anti-their team. VS is far from good broadcasting but no way they are pro-wings. They talked about Heatley two BS penalties in game two alot more than they talked about the Franzen call in game one when he was cut. The joke is, the official said he cut his face on his visor not a Sharks stick. Franzen doesn't wear a visor.

My problem is, the game is hockey. It is fast-paced and hard to be perfect. I find it hard to believe with all the ticky-tack calls (24 so far this series) going against the Wings that the Sharks are playing near perfect (13 calls). And usually when an official makes a horrible call, they usually make it up. But in this series, they compound it with a 5-3. The Red Wings are lucky that the games are this close, as the officials appear that they are dictating this series.

Perfect example. A legitamate call (one of the few legitimate calls this series)against the Sharks in the first period last night. 8 second later, they call Holmstrom for slashing. I have to this point, not yet seen a slash, just a cross check by the Shark on his back. Crosschecking is a penalty. If you are going to call all the ticky-tack penalties, then you have to call a penalty everytime Holmstrom or Franzen set up in front of the goaltender and get cross checked.

But truth be told, the Wings can only blame themselves. You can't give up leads in back to back third periods and lose. It inexcusable. The officials are trying their hardest to put them in the box and the Wings have known this since game one, yet have not changed their game plan. It has been Babcock's worst coaching job since he got to Detroit.

And I'm usually not a person who complains about officiating. Usually, it's doesn't cost you a goal until your PK lets one in. However, in this series, one can argue it has cost them goals; the game winner in game 1 and the game tying goal in game 2. Both goals were scored on 5-3, of which both 5-3 were started with horrible non-existant calls.

DarkJedi5
05-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Or maybe the Red Wings are taking more penalties in the third period because they aren't moving their feet as much? The Sharks are wearing them down over the first two and then keep driving in the third. Over three games the Sharks have out shot the Wings in the third frame 42-25 and outscored them 5-1. Looks like the Wings get tired and start resorting to frustration penalties (like the game 2 slash that broke Rob Blake's stick or the too many men infraction). It makes sense, after all, the Wings had to work a lot harder to get to this point going 7 with Phoenix and essentially playing play off hockey since March if not February just to get into the post season.

DarthBrandon
05-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Agreed, my son who is 12 said the exact same thing.

Darth Metalmute
05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Or maybe the Red Wings are taking more penalties in the third period because they aren't moving their feet as much? The Sharks are wearing them down over the first two and then keep driving in the third. Over three games the Sharks have out shot the Wings in the third frame 42-25 and outscored them 5-1. Looks like the Wings get tired and start resorting to frustration penalties (like the game 2 slash that broke Rob Blake's stick or the too many men infraction). It makes sense, after all, the Wings had to work a lot harder to get to this point going 7 with Phoenix and essentially playing play off hockey since March if not February just to get into the post season.

I would agree with you, except the majority of the penalties being called on the Wings are in the first two periods, not the third. Out of the 37 overall penalties called (which is sad in it's own right), only 10 have been in the third period. San Jose has looked stronger in the third period, while Detroit has owned the second and outside of the quick 3 goals in game one, the first as well. Another thing is, a good portion of the penalties being called are with the Wings in their offensive end, which would have nothing to do with the Sharks wearing the Wings down. But even with the Sharks owning the third period, your response still is saying that the Sharks are not doing the ticky-tack things that is landing the Wings in the box, which I find hard to believe. That is my earlier point. I'm okay if you are calling everything, but if you are going to do that, you better call everything on both teams. And in my opinion, they are not doing that consistently.

Agreed, my son who is 12 said the exact same thing.

I still don't see it. I admit, I was watching the FOX Detroit feed and they showed the replay over and over from all angles which I doubt VS showed. Aside from their comments, you can clearly see from the overhead view, that Zetterbergs skate in question never left the ice from before the pass came, until just about the time the puck went in the net. He never kicked at it, and never jestured it toward the net. In fact, the direction the foot was heading, both as he skated and as the toe left the ice, was away from the net. If you intend to kick at a puck, yet kick away from the net, wouldn't that send the puck away from the net? Look at 4:40 mark, no kicking motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoCL7MZlNY

That being said, I wasn't surprised of the ruling after the Sundin goal/non-goal.

DarkJedi5
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I still don't see it. I admit, I was watching the FOX Detroit feed and they showed the replay over and over from all angles which I doubt VS showed. Aside from their comments, you can clearly see from the overhead view, that Zetterbergs skate in question never left the ice from before the pass came, until just about the time the puck went in the net. He never kicked at it, and never jestured it toward the net. In fact, the direction the foot was heading, both as he skated and as the toe left the ice, was away from the net. If you intend to kick at a puck, yet kick away from the net, wouldn't that send the puck away from the net? Look at 4:40 mark, no kicking motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoCL7MZlNY

That being said, I wasn't surprised of the ruling after the Sundin goal/non-goal.

I was watching on Comcast Sports Network and it was the replay angle that starts at 1:40 that shows he is trying to play the puck with his skate. It doesn't matter if he is kicking forward or backward or anything, if you intentionally play the puck with your skate and it goes in the goal before it touches your stick or a teammates stick, it's a kick. And on the replay you can see that he is moving his foot (the Detroit guys even say it looks like he trying to play the pass with his skate). The only way they allow a puck off the skate is if the puck makes contact with the skate when the skate is absolutely still. I've seen guys turn their foot to get a bounce and it counts but the skate must be set and because Z's was jerking all over it looked like a kick. I've also seen a lot made of the fact he didn't lift his foot off the ice. That is not in the rule and doesn't seem to matter cause you can kick a puck just fine without your skate leaving the ice.

Darth Metalmute
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
If you intentionally play the puck with your skate and it goes in the goal before it touches your stick or a teammates stick, it's a kick.

That's not actually in the rule book. The rule is;
"(ii) When the puck has been kicked using a distinct kicking motion."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26489

Nowhere is it in the rule book more definitive spelled out. To me, a distinct kicking motion is where you lift your foot, move it towards the puck, make contact, and follow through. Zetteberg in my opinion, was trying to take the puck with his skate and shoot it in, only couldn't get his stick on the ice due to being held up.

I see your point, but to me, Z's actions is nowhere close to being distinct, but I can blame the disagreement on the vagueness of the rule. Besides, when has the NHL actually used their own rule book. See;

47.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime, shall automatically be suspended for one game. The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

Rocketboy
05-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Not only was Zetterberg receiving a bit of a shove, but he was also trying to stop and play the puck at the same time. Being shoved and attempting to stop simultaneously made him miss the blade of his stick, and the puck hit his skate, which was moving up a bit as a result of the shove/stop.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm hoping game 6 goes the way of game 3 in the Pitt/Mtl series.

Darth Metalmute
05-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Congrats to your Sharks DarkJedi5.
I hope they raise the cup in June.

DarkJedi5
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Congrats to your Sharks DarkJedi5.
I hope they raise the cup in June.

Thanks, here's hopin' we make this trip count. Gotta say the team has showed a lot of resiliency this spring... but it's always too early to think this could be the year.

Rocketboy
05-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I hope Roy Scheider shows up with an air tank and a gun.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Where are the Hartford Whalers when you need 'em? ;)

Crosby scores, game is 1-1 in the 1st.

DarkJedi5
05-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Where are the Hartford Whalers when you need 'em? ;)

Defunct. Go Sharks!

Crosby scores, game is 1-1 in the 1st.

But then so do Cammalleri, Spacek and Lapierre. Series tied at 3. Go Habs Go! (mom's from Montreal and they were the only team in the hoose growing up, eh?)

DarthQuack
05-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Let's go Habs!! Here's to another Game 7 W!!!:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Let's go Habs!! Here's to another Game 7 W!!!:thumbsup:Ah, but will the mighty NHL bosses let them take down two Cup "favorites" in games 7s on the road? That is the question.

I obviously want the Penguins to advance, but that would be agood story, too.

Darth Metalmute
05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
In my opinion, Game 7 will be unwatchable for anyone but Penguin fans. Don't be surprised to see a lot of phantom calls, especially if the game is close late.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I'll withold judgment until the game's over, but it sure feeds the haters and conspiracy theorists when a something-versus-8 series goes to 7, especially if the "something" team has big names.

Darth Metalmute
05-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, it's nothing against the Penguins, its everything against Gary Bettman. He does nothing to douse the flames and rules with a mob mentality. If there every was a league that could be "fixed" it would be the NHL. There are not enough Canadian teams for Canadians to lead an outcry, and Americans don't care.

Maybe it's just that the officials are just God awful. But that is also Bettmans fault. And I'm not just saying this because of how my Wings got ousted. I've been saying this for years. I could use several examples of how it's affected Detroit, just like fans of other teams could say how it affected their team, and I've seen it affect other teams.

Pittsburgh should win tonight because they are at home and are the better team. But I expect them to get help. And maybe with all of Canada watching, something will finally get done about it.

DarthQuack
05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
And in conclusion......Go Canadiens!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
What can I take from their loss? Well, it's one thing to lose to a #8 seed, even one on a roll with a hot goalie; it's one thing to lose a game 7 at home. But to lose by 3 goals, and give up one in the first minute? Ugh.

I'll root for the Habs, to say Pitt lost to the champs, and root for the Flyers to have a 1-2 and 7-8 conference finals.

DarthQuack
05-14-2010, 08:35 PM
And then you have the Bruins who skate out to a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3.....talk about a heartbreaker....Not that I didn't mind seeing it :)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2010, 09:50 AM
And then you have the Bruins who skate out to a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3.....talk about a heartbreaker....Not that I didn't mind seeing it :)If the Canadiens do advance to the Finals, that game will be the microcosm of their playoff run: down 3-0 in the series and 3-0 in Game 7, to win the series 4-3 by winning the final game 4-3. Go lowest seeds!

DarkJedi5
05-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Sharks in 6
Hawks in 7

Pens in 6
Flyers in 7

So I was 75% on the teams but a little off on the game count. ESPN.com hates both my teams so I'll just pi 'em both and hope for the best!

Sharks in 6
Habs in 6

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Well, it's nothing against the Penguins, its everything against Gary Bettman. He does nothing to douse the flames and rules with a mob mentality. If there every was a league that could be "fixed" it would be the NHL. There are not enough Canadian teams for Canadians to lead an outcry, and Americans don't care.

Maybe it's just that the officials are just God awful. But that is also Bettmans fault. And I'm not just saying this because of how my Wings got ousted. I've been saying this for years. I could use several examples of how it's affected Detroit, just like fans of other teams could say how it affected their team, and I've seen it affect other teams.

Pittsburgh should win tonight because they are at home and are the better team. But I expect them to get help. And maybe with all of Canada watching, something will finally get done about it.

I think every team at one point feels that their team got railroaded at some point in the playoffs.

Hell, in Buffalo its in expectation, between No Goal I and No Goal II ( a goal that went through a hole in the side of the net a year after the first no-goal and counted; it was the GWG in a 1 goal game) and football's home-run throwback (and those are just the heartbreaks that the officials may have had a hand in).

The Wings had a good run and still may have more left in them. The Penguins are indeed team Bettman, some say that even the draft lottery for Crosby was rigged for them, but they soon will hit cap trouble and find out their goalie is overrated. It's cyclical.

Besides, the Wings were known as team interference for years with their left-wing lock and Holmstrom does get away with a lot in his role as frustrator of goalies.

Rocketboy
05-16-2010, 01:32 PM
The Wings had a good run and still may have more left in them.19 years and counting. With the stars and farm system they have, I can't see them missing the playoffs for another few years at least.

The Penguins are indeed team Bettman, some say that even the draft lottery for Crosby was rigged for them, but they soon will hit cap trouble and find out their goalie is overrated. It's cyclical. Unfortunately, there's a chance that the cap may not be a big issue, if the Pens are smart. For example:
"When a salary cap was introduced after the 2004-05 lockout, Detroit could no longer outspend other teams. The Red Wings used to be the New York Yankees. Now they are Moneyball." - Sports Illustrated, June 16, 2008

Bel-Cam Jos
05-29-2010, 09:59 AM
So, who are the Bruins and Flyers fans on the boards here? :rolleyes: I'm hoping that Philly wins, just to have Hossa in three straight Cup Finals with three different teams to come up short three times.

DarkJedi5
05-29-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm rooting for Hossa to get the worst hat-trick ever since both of my teams bit it in the conference finals. Talk about a huge disappointment.

P.S. Why does Pittsburgh get to play in ANOTHER Winter Classic next year? That's twice before most of the league has even played in one! I mean you could Say the same about Montreal since they played in the Outdoor Classic which the NHL seems to insist that it didn't count but I don't see why the league can't spread the love around a little more. Gary Betman needs to try harder to hide his crush on Sidney Crosby.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Chicago in 6.

Time to end the drought for its long suffering fans.

The Flyers can wait a few more decades :twisted:

DarthQuack
05-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Go Blackhawks!

Rocketboy
05-29-2010, 07:51 PM
So, who are the Bruins and Flyers fans on the boards here? :rolleyes: I'm hoping that Philly wins, just to have Hossa in three straight Cup Finals with three different teams to come up short three times.Same here. Plus, I love an underdog (especially with the Flyers making the playoffs on the last day of the regular season - talk about the ultimate Cinderella team!).

P.S. Why does Pittsburgh get to play in ANOTHER Winter Classic next year? That's twice before most of the league has even played in one!...Gary Betman needs to try harder to hide his crush on Sidney Crosby.I think you answered your own question.

jjreason
05-29-2010, 08:10 PM
My head hurts after that first period. Just when the Hawks looked like they were ready to open the floodgates.... they broke down hard. Hopefully Joel Quenville can get the fired up for the 2nd.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm rooting for Hossa to get the worst hat-trick ever since both of my teams bit it in the conference finals. Talk about a huge disappointment.

P.S. Why does Pittsburgh get to play in ANOTHER Winter Classic next year? That's twice before most of the league has even played in one! I mean you could Say the same about Montreal since they played in the Outdoor Classic which the NHL seems to insist that it didn't count but I don't see why the league can't spread the love around a little more. Gary Betman needs to try harder to hide his crush on Sidney Crosby.Is it in da 'Boigh? Seeing a frozen-over PNC Park would be great visually. But I agree; should be a rule that at least 6+ years should go by before there's a repeat for this one. No NY teams yet? Ottawa, or Edmonton? Detroit? Dallas? :rolleyes:

Rocketboy
05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Is it in da 'Boigh? Seeing a frozen-over PNC Park would be great visually. But I agree; should be a rule that at least 6+ years should go by before there's a repeat for this one. No NY teams yet? Ottawa, or Edmonton? Detroit? Dallas? :rolleyes:
Detroit played Chicago in last year's (2009) Winter Classic.

DarkJedi5
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Is it in da 'Boigh? Seeing a frozen-over PNC Park would be great visually. But I agree; should be a rule that at least 6+ years should go by before there's a repeat for this one. No NY teams yet? Ottawa, or Edmonton? Detroit? Dallas? :rolleyes:

Technically Edmonton hosted the outdoor game that started the trend when they played Montreal in 2006. And it's not going to be at PNC, it's going to be at Heinz Field hosting the Caps (is it just me or is that rivalry starting to get boring?) and then in February Montreal will play in Calgary.

jjreason
05-30-2010, 07:52 AM
They'll run it into the ground until no one cares.

Man, that game was ugly to watch, these teams need to buckle down.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Technically Edmonton hosted the outdoor game that started the trend when they played Montreal in 2006. And it's not going to be at PNC, it's going to be at Heinz Field hosting the Caps (is it just me or is that rivalry starting to get boring?) and then in February Montreal will play in Calgary.I was referring to host sites, rather than teams in the game. But I didn't know aboot the Edmonton game in '06, eh?

As for boring rivalries: Avs v. Wings got played out too long (past the point when the "hatred" was strong), regular season Yankees/BoSox has been tiresome for ages, Favre v. his old teams (why nothing for the Falcons, huh?), LeBron v. Carmelo, etc.

Rocketboy
05-30-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm far more interested in "The Big Chill At The Big House" - Michigan vs. Michigan State at Michigan Stadium on December 11, 2010.
108,000+ seating capacity.

jjreason
05-30-2010, 04:59 PM
That will be awesome. Having seen U of M play MSU at Joe Louis Arena about 4 times, I'm telling you the fans are INTO IT. My brother's high school buddy played on the same National Championship team as John Madden & Mike Knuble, that was a goooood NCAA hockey team.

Slicker
05-30-2010, 05:18 PM
They'll run it into the ground until no one cares.I totally agree with you. It's sad too because these games were starting to bring the NHL into the semi-mainstream because of there competition with the College bowl games and how good they were actually doing.

Now it's just going to dilute a very unique sporting event.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Are the Flyers just waiting until they're down 0-3 to make their move?

DarthBrandon
06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Hawks win, my team is now #1 for the drought! Can't wait to rectify that. :)

DarthQuack
06-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Congrats to the Blackhawks and their fans!

Darth Metalmute
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Congrats to the Blackhawks, it's a shame Hossa is on your team.

jjreason
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Grats to the Hawks & to all 5000 of those hardcore fans that attended the games & supported them when they were so terrible just a few years ago. :)

For some reason I was happy to see Hossa get it, maybe his reaction stripped me of any crankiness I might have had. Great player too, you can't knock his efforts in ANY of the last 3 finals series.

sonofsokol
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
What a great play series that was. A nice finish to an amazing Stanley Cup Playoffs. Just a few thoughts:

Watching Jeremy Roenick get choked up :cry:during the post game banter with Mike Milbury and Dan Patrick was priceless. I have been following the NHL for 16 years now and he used to be one of my favorites back when he was a Blackhawk with Chris Chelios and Ed Belfour. He played with passion and you could tell he wanted to be out there sooooo bad.

It just didn't seem right to me to see Scotty Bowman celebrating a Blackhawk Stanley Cup after seeing him celebrate as coach of the Red Wings skating the Cup around. Just weird.

Before the series started I didn't know who I was going to cheer for, but found myself pulling for the Blackhawks after the first period in game one. I just couldn't bring myself to cheer for Scott Hartnell and Chris Pronger. Not that Dustin Byfuglien (had to look that one up) is any better, but Kane, Toews, and Keith drew me in.

I hope Chicago can keep Toews and Kane together for a while.:thumbsup:

Darth Metalmute
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Grats to the Hawks & to all 5000 of those hardcore fans that attended the games & supported them when they were so terrible just a few years ago. :)

For some reason I was happy to see Hossa get it, maybe his reaction stripped me of any crankiness I might have had. Great player too, you can't knock his efforts in ANY of the last 3 finals series.

Actually Hossa forgot to show up when he played in the finals last year against Pittsburgh. (0 G, 1 A)

He was probably the second best player for Pittsburgh the year before. (3 G, 4 A)

This year he was just okay. (1 G, 3 A)

Rocketboy
06-10-2010, 05:52 PM
F*CK!

As a Red Wings fan, it's only natural to hate the Blackhawks and all of their bandwagon fans.

Besides, I love a good underdog and those was none bigger than Philly. They made the playoffs on the final day of the regular season by beating the other team fighting for that last playoff spot. Then, they did what so few teams have done before and came back from a 0-3 deficit and beat the Bruins.
He wasn't able to do much in Detroit because of the veterans, so it was great see Ville Leino really break through with the Flyers. The kid deserved the Cup.

(Hossa and Kopecky as Detroit's leftovers)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I happened to catch the Maple LeaVES :p press conference where they were announcing their team captain yesterday. The fact that both the GM and head coach kept saying no one was worthwhile to select as a captain over the last two years (I had no idea they were captain-less... did they have three "A" captains? :rolleyes: ) would be a kick in the head to players on the roster, IMO. Perhaps that explains their records lately; no faith in the squad from the top. :confused:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Vince Vaughn is finally rewarded for his loyalty. Congrats to the Blackhawks and their long suffering fans. Now the Leafs are on the clock for longest current drought between Cups.
And Patrick Kane, could you score a more anti-climatic goal in what was supposed to be a climatic moment?

Tough for the Flyers to lose. Either team would have lost their 6th straight Finals. I guess it couldn't of happened to a better city. :shocked: