PDA

View Full Version : Gonna see Miss Carrie on Friday evening!!

JEDIpartner
10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Since I'm seeing Kylie in NYC on Sunday, I thought I'd see if there were any tickets left for Carrie Fisher's show at Studio 54. As luck would have it, there were and I got one for 1/2 price.

The reviews for her show have been kind than the reviews for her book. I'm excited!!!

:love:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Our newspaper today had a write up of an interview on her show. She used an ESB-related title for a potential "sequel" show.

JEDIpartner
10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
LOL!!! Fantastic!

JimJamBonds
10-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I read a review for her show and it sounds interesting. The review was generally positive, although the reviewer said it ran a bit long and that some of the SW stuff could have been cut out.

LusiferSam
10-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Suddenly your avatar is a lot more entertaining.

JEDIpartner
10-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I read a review for her show and it sounds interesting. The review was generally positive, although the reviewer said it ran a bit long and that some of the SW stuff could have been cut out.

I wonder if that's the same one I read. I can imagine she does go on about Star Wars quite a bit, but then again, that pretty much put her on the map and was the cause for so much of her grief.

Suddenly your avatar is a lot more entertaining.

LOL!!!

JimJamBonds
10-07-2009, 11:23 PM
I wonder if that's the same one I read. I can imagine she does go on about Star Wars quite a bit, but then again, that pretty much put her on the map and was the cause for so much of her grief.

Its got to be the same show, I think its off Broadway... I think at Studio 54? Or Theater 54, something like that.

bobafrett
10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Have fun! I stood in line for about 6 hours to get her autograph, but they wouldn't allow pictures to be taken.

JimJamBonds
10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Have fun! I stood in line for about 6 hours to get her autograph, but they wouldn't allow pictures to be taken.

They wouldn't or she wouldn't? :D

bobafrett
10-10-2009, 08:50 AM
They wouldn't or she wouldn't? :D

Not sure, there was a sign outside that said "no photos" and they're was only a few people in the room, I wanted to ask, but didn't want to offend anyone else who was in line behind me.

JEDIpartner
10-15-2009, 12:43 PM
The show was HILARIOUS, revealing and touching at times!!!! All Star Wars stuff aside, she was great. I loved the one part where she was discussing how someone on a forum/the internet had asked "WTF happened to Carrie Fisher? She used to be so hot and now she looks like Elton John!" The audience gasped and she said that it was all right and she knew what they were talking about. She said that she wasn't aware that she made a contract that her body was supposed to look the same forever. She said she chose to get help for her manic-depressive issues and so forth so that she could be a good mom to her daughter. The meds she's taking caused her to balloon, but she'd rather have that than provide her daughter a lifetime of bad memories of having to deal with a nutjob of a mom.

LOVE HER!!!!!

JimJamBonds
10-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Very cool JP, very cool!

JediTricks
10-15-2009, 04:15 PM
They wouldn't or she wouldn't? :DAt Celebration IV, they told her not to, but pretty much anybody who asked she was happy to oblige, so I would think it's the organizers.

I got her book for christmas last year but somehow I keep not opening it. I really should.

Glad to hear it was a good show, congrats on going JP!