PDA

View Full Version : Orange-pauldron Sandtrooper preorder on the 15th

JediTricks
10-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Haw! The first Sandtrooper is days away from shipping and now they're posting links to preview the next one. This one is the orange pauldron trooper we all wanted in the first place, and it seems to come with the classic rifle with the big barrel. I am probably going to preorder this one with the same thinking as the first one which I just canceled, it's there until I can't afford it at the last minute. :p

sergiurusu
10-10-2009, 04:02 AM
I'll be getting it to go together with the white pauldron one. Still I wish some improvements on it: helmet, armor and weathering.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7615&affiliate=pwise

JediTricks
10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
What don't you like about the helmet and armor? I think this preview version's weathering is a little better than the white-pauldron figure coming out in a few days, but we haven't seen production photos on either.

sergiurusu
10-11-2009, 03:15 AM
What don't you like about the helmet and armor? I think this preview version's weathering is a little better than the white-pauldron figure coming out in a few days, but we haven't seen production photos on either.

The helmet has those microphone things too big the armor is too wide etc. They can be modified with paint or hairdryer and velcro but why would I need to do that on a $100 figure? The helmet should have looked like Gentle Giant's Stormtrooper bust helmet or at least like Kotobukiya's...

The weathering on the white pauldron version is not really cool, there were some pics posted at SSF. See attached. But overall I like these figures and hopefully SS will release the black pauldron Sandtrooper soon.

AmanaMatt
10-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Sideshow needs to fix the weathering....looks off......will order the Orange pauldron Sandy, for sure though

sergiurusu
10-12-2009, 07:22 AM
I also forgot about the cod piece which is too small...:sleeping:

JediTricks
10-15-2009, 05:39 AM
The helmet has those microphone things too big the armor is too wide etc. They can be modified with paint or hairdryer and velcro but why would I need to do that on a $100 figure? The helmet should have looked like Gentle Giant's Stormtrooper bust helmet or at least like Kotobukiya's...

The weathering on the white pauldron version is not really cool, there were some pics posted at SSF. See attached. But overall I like these figures and hopefully SS will release the black pauldron Sandtrooper soon.Thanks for the pics. Yeah, I am glad I bowed out, that is not the figure for me, not at these prices. That weathering isn't very close to the prototype, and there's none on the backpack. That weapon isn't my to taste either.

As for the complaints, I do agree on the microphone things and the chest armor situation, and the codpiece, I had glossed over those in my mind, I suppose.

Orange pauldron goes on sale in only a few hours. I think I'm going to pass on PPO altogether, it's just not what my collection can deal with right now, I have a $500 car repair in the shop that just came up.

sergiurusu
10-16-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm getting both but only because I'm an OT Imperial collector. I wish SS wouldn't be so cheap sometimes and improve their figure the same way Hot Toys do with theirs.

jonthejedi
10-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Shouldn't the squad leader have binocs? Would have made a nice exclusive version.

AmanaMatt
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I ordered this using $50 in sideshow credit points.....looks good, and I appreciate the differences, such as the backpack, pouches, etc

Hope they do the black version to complete the set...overall, very happy with the look of this one

Darth Cruel
10-16-2009, 02:50 PM
I actually just wish Sideshow would not do weathering. It really limits the possibilities of army-building with them, and if anyone wants the weathering, they can do it themselves or commission someone to do it. It appears to me that most people who like the weathering hate Sideshow's anyway.

JediTricks
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm surprised they didn't issue an exclusive with this.

As for the binocs, there's one photo where they appear, but they aren't mentioned anywhere else so I don't know if they're going to come with the figure: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/21382_press12-001.jpg

sergiurusu
10-17-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm surprised they didn't issue an exclusive with this.

As for the binocs, there's one photo where they appear, but they aren't mentioned anywhere else so I don't know if they're going to come with the figure: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/21382_press12-001.jpg

That is only an ammo pouch alas no binocular. Maybe it will come with the black pauldron version... Anyway I ordered mine from Razor's :yes:

JediTricks
10-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Huh, it's shaped exactly like a Viewmaster in that photo. :p