PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a separatist shuttle vehicle?

IG 8D8
10-09-2009, 06:09 AM
The shuttle was seen on Geonosis, where Dooku takes off on a speeder and in ROTS when Grievous returns to Utapau. Maybe this has been discussed, but I will post it because it's one of my favorite unmade vehicles period, along with the solar sailor. It looks smaller than the Imperial shuttle seen in ROTJ, and is more compact. I'm guessing it would seat two figures and have room for cargo or troops in the back. The design is eye catching and it would look cool alongside figures or other ships. I like it because similar to Slave 1 there is room to stand inside. This ship would be at least $ 40 if done right. Possibly more if they included figures. So it's one step up from a 20$ range vehicle. Lego has already made this one, and it looks good. Hasbro please make it.

Old Fossil
10-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Probably not. I can't even be pursuaded to buy a Gungan soldier.

BTW, did Tycho extend you a sub-license to conduct vehicle polls?lol

bigbarada
10-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Pretty interesting design and I could see it being released as a Clone Wars vehicle, since I've noticed it on the show on more than one occasion. But I would really have no interest in this toy at all. So, it's a no for me.

DarkArtist
10-09-2009, 11:24 AM
one word..... YES !!! I love the design and think it would be a cool vehicle to add to either a Republic or Galactic Empire display.....

Tycho
10-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Probably not. I can't even be pursuaded to buy a Gungan soldier.

BTW, did Tycho extend you a sub-license to conduct vehicle polls?lol

In this case, I'll say "yes." Why not? It's time to discuss another AOTC vehicle and this thread's already moving.

I like this ship myself and a toy might be interesting. I'm not going to campaign for it however, because first and foremost, I'd rather save money by not having to buy it.

Though I don't limit myself to "aggressive vehicles only," with this line, this ship is not part of a ....well wait a minute!

I could hang the ship over the Battle of Geonosis display, simulating Nute's escaping Geonosis before the Clones take over.

Yeah, on second thought, I'd definitely buy this!

I'd like it to be made the way IG 8D8 described it.

Darth Metalmute
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
I can't picture this shuttle at all. It's not Nute Gunray's is it?

Snowtrooper
10-15-2009, 03:44 PM
If they made it, I'd probably buy it, but I wouldn't be super excited about it. I much prefer the Republic shuttle to this one.

Tycho
10-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I can't picture this shuttle at all. It's not Nute Gunray's is it?

It's seen in all 3 prequels.

TPM - you only see the bottom half as Nute and Rune disembark on Naboo.

AOTC - Nute and Rune flee on it as the Clones invade Geonosis.

ROTS - General Grievous uses one.

The Separatists have a cooler shuttle that Grievous used in the micro-series when Mace Force-crushed his chest. I'd honestly love that one. I have to remember to poll for it in a future EU poll - but I've deliberately gone backwards through the EU: Legacy, NJO - and I haven't decided what's next to be honest.

DarkJedi5
10-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Not the most exciting vehicle ever but I'd probably get one, you see them everywhere.

pbarnard
10-16-2009, 07:52 AM
I've deliberately gone backwards through the EU: Legacy, NJO - and I haven't decided what's next to be honest.

That'd be New Republic Era...so Wild Karrde, Pulsar Skate, or Lady Luck would be decent choices.

Tycho
10-16-2009, 09:41 AM
That'd be New Republic Era...so Wild Karrde, Pulsar Skate, or Lady Luck would be decent choices.

I think I'm going to go back to The Hand of Thrawn duology before the ships you mentioned above come into the mainstream EU. The ones you mentioned are all very good choices that will be covered, however.

The one I'm thinking of also fits the criteria of "main character or fleet builder vehicle," and we're looking at not only Talon Karrde, Corran Horn (and Mirax Terrik-Horn), and Lando Calrissian, but also Mara Jade-Skywalker (hint).

But we're a long way from the next EU ship poll with ROTS, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ all up first. Meanwhile, the Yuuzhan Vong Corral-Skipper Fighter is up (and semi-new) for EU ship polling. (a fleet builder fighter).

Prior to that, Cade Skywalker's Mynock fit the criteria for a good EU ship choice from the furthest into the future. However, it's only recently that (in the Legacy comic) I've been noticing the Mynock more.

In truth, all these ships would be great for adding traffic to a Coruscant diorama, or more vehicles in Mos Eisley Spaceport. But honestly, the Yuuzhan Vong fighter craft would be the best choice because you could set out 5 or so of them against about that many X-wing fighters and have yourself a star fighter battle from the future of Star Wars. Not bad.

TheDarthVader
10-16-2009, 12:19 PM
No, I would not buy this ship.

morpheus282
10-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I'd probably buy it, it'd be fun to play with - especially for the kids.

Devo
10-17-2009, 07:23 AM
In truth, all these ships would be great for adding traffic to a Coruscant diorama.

See I don't feel you could ever set up a worthwhile Coruscant diorama. Even if you buy loads of different ships and speeders to suspend from the ceiling what do you do about representing the multitude of buildings? I've just stuck to those scenes that are more doable for an amateur such as rebel hangar bays, cantina, jabbas palace, cloud city, Home One briefing, endor, geonosian arena etc

Tycho
10-17-2009, 07:56 AM
What I want to do for Coruscant is a "point perspective construction."

I'd take a main thoroughfare in Galactic City and have it run from the back left corner to the front right corner of a large collectibles display cabinet (all shelving removed).

I'd build the buildings from tag board or balsa wood, whatever I find is appropriate (I don't know what it would be right now). In the front right corner, or perhaps in other buildings, I'd have open walls so you can see inside cross-sections.

I plan to show Club Outlander and Dexter's Diner this way (the Senate and Jedi Temple will not be viewed in my Coruscant Cross-Section unless they're part of the background photo / painting).

I want to do a similar thing for Coruscant in SOTE with Xizor's Castle or something cross-sectioned. I'll have to re-read the novel and look at the comics once again to determine exactly what to build. But I want to show the wealthy and powerful living up high - all being evil characters. And the Rebels and aliens will be destined to be bottom-dwellers. The diorama will suggest my own political statement, obviously.

Anyway, I buy SW and non-SW ships alike that look like they could fit into the traffic pattern. In the actual movie, the USS Enterprise flies bye when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are on the Jedi Temple balcony - and there's more examples of that sort of thing - however as much as I'm a Star Trek fan, too - the USS Enterprise will NOT be in my SW diorama traffic! :mad:

clone157
10-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Trying to think of fun stuff to do with this one. Maybe the big dorsal fin could come off and un fold to make a "glider" so that you could plug in a battle droid. Open the top and have room for 4 plus a pilot or 2. Four pop out leg landing gear. Any other ideas to make this appeal to kids? That is the only way to get something like this made.

Obsession is Nute
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
ABSOLUTELY YES! I would probably buy two in a state of mania.

This is my dream vehicle. My only concern is that it would be produced with the hideous white/blue coloring from the Clone Wars cartoon and not the deep, rich bronze we see in the movies.

Even if it was white/blue I would still buy it with rabid glee.

As much as I would love to see it in the CW and having appeared in 3 movies, I am not holdig out a great deal of hope on this one. The $20 ship line seems focused on "action" oriented ships. I don't know if the shuttle would fit well enough with that plan.

Tycho
11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
The Separatist Shuttle vehicle has also won 8-3 for those in favor of having this vehicle made for the 3 3/4" line. I just saw Anakin fly one in the Clone Wars cartoon as well - and General Grievous and Nute Gunray are often using them.

The Lego one is pretty cool as well. I'd definitely go for this, though it doesn't top my list - and the Separatists need Droid Gunships more. But still. We have another winner here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I'd definitely get this one, and I do hope they make it, if they can do it well. I sort of doubt it, since it's not the most aggressive vehicle around, but given its constant exposure in the TV show, I can see it perhaps getting made.

Tycho
11-04-2009, 01:06 PM
It has weapons. Obi-Wan acted as gunner while Anakin piloted one and they shot down a few Vulcher Droid Fighters with it.

El Chuxter
11-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Anyone have a link to a picture so I could decide? I keep picturing a nondescript disc, but, as excited as folks are getting, I don't think that's right.

Tycho
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Here it is:

JediTricks
11-08-2009, 12:10 AM
No, I would not buy this. And also, there are 2 variants, one with windows, and one without. I wouldn't buy either. I find it to be a boring vehicle with way too little SW style for my tastes, very prequel-oriented design like the air taxis.

Obsession is Nute
11-11-2009, 01:04 PM
It has weapons. Obi-Wan acted as gunner while Anakin piloted one and they shot down a few Vulcher Droid Fighters with it.

Yah, one of those cute little revisions the CW decided to make. I suppose it can always be retconned as being a personal modification. Although...if the "action" of that fight gives the vehicle a little boost for its chances of being made, all the better.

IG 8D8
11-11-2009, 02:13 PM
very prequel-oriented design

that's why I like it.

Tycho
02-01-2010, 06:22 AM
The Separatist Shuttle is winning by a nice margin, and considering its use in the Clone Wars Animated Series as well as all 3 PT movies, I think it could sell rather well.