PDA

View Full Version : New Revenge of the Sith wave found!!!

GrievousisOverlord
10-11-2009, 04:46 PM
:ninja:Hey, guess what at mt local target I just found the new revenge of the sith wave! :razz::razz::razz: I only picked up the new agen kolar and commander cody . I'm glad to have them in mt collection , but I don't know where to put them. I guess I am goining to retire a couple of figures.Oh ww!

Best Regards,

GrievousisOverlord

DarkArtist
10-11-2009, 05:56 PM
can you post some pics of the find ?

Old Fossil
10-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Not only that: what is your location? East coast? West coast? Hungry Horse, Montana? What?

DarkJedi5
10-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Holy cow, I haven't even seen the TPM wave at retail and the ROTS wave is hitting? This is kinda nuts.

El Chuxter
10-11-2009, 08:17 PM
ROTS Wave? Nice to know I'll have a break, unless there's one of the very few cool possible ROTS figures therein. See how well I'm keeping track? :)

TheDarthVader
10-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I am skeptical until I see pictures.

DarkJedi5
10-12-2009, 09:39 AM
:ninja:Hey, guess what at mt local target I just found the new revenge of the sith wave! :razz::razz::razz: I only picked up the new agen kolar and commander cody . I'm glad to have them in mt collection , but I don't know where to put them. I guess I am goining to retire a couple of figures.Oh ww!

Best Regards,

GrievousisOverlord

I am skeptical until I see pictures.

Actually, I'm skeptical too now. There's supposed to be the ANH wave in between and I don't see Hasbro skipping a wave not when that product should be pretty much ready to go. For those of you not keeping score at home (Chux) the RTS wave will include:
Concept IG-88
Utai
Captain Colton (Jeremy Bulloch figure)
Agen Kolar
Commander Cody
Plo Koon
and the BaD is the YVH-1

El Chuxter
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
That's right. This is the wave where I only wanted one figure (Utai), could possibly stand a second (IG-88), but actually want the BAD, for a change.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
For the record, the redundant figures will be:
*Ewoks (Paploo & Nho'Apakk)
*Stormtrooper
*Han Solo with stormtrooper belt and helmet
*R2-D2 with restraining bolt
*Commander Bacara
*Boba Fett

So there might be good ways for you to finish the droid.

GalacticHunter put up photo galleries of both the ANH and ROTS waves recently, but I'm not sure where they got the figures (EntertainmentEarth, maybe?). So, I guess these should be hitting at the same time, and fairly soon, similarly to how several waves were all pushed out at once back in late 2007. But, seeing as how this is the only report, I'm also skeptical.

Blue2th
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm looking forward to this wave. Particularly Cody. Looks like he's going to be much improved. Hope he's a little taller. He's got everything too, including Ober's lightsaber and a Holo Palpatine.
No swivel elbows! No muddy legs! Yay :thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm looking forward to this wave. Particularly Cody. Looks like he's going to be much improved. Hope he's a little taller. He's got everything too, including Ober's lightsaber and a Holo Palpatine.
No swivel elbows! No muddy legs! Yay :thumbsup:

And he's also lacking the shoulder detail and has a HUGE shoulder antenna! Hasbro did not knock it out of the park with him.

Darth Nobody
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
does or can anyone tell though if cody still has the smaller head? like the first figure.

GrievousisOverlord
10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
well sadly i don't have anything to upload the pictures of my find but you should keep looking around the internet mabye someone else got some pictures. Also soon i will be doing a review on my figure.

GrievousisOverlord
10-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Actually, I'm skeptical too now. There's supposed to be the ANH wave in between and I don't see Hasbro skipping a wave not when that product should be pretty much ready to go. For those of you not keeping score at home (Chux) the RTS wave will include:
Concept IG-88
Utai
Captain Colton (Jeremy Bulloch figure)
Agen Kolar
Commander Cody
Plo Koon
and the BaD is the YVH-1
i've already seen the new hope wave but there were only a couple of figures on the shelf so ya they did'nt skip a wave . there werent a lot of rots figures there eithere. most of the kids have been picking them up.

DarkJedi5
10-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Looks like these are starting to turn up on eBay so it's possible....

TheDarthVader
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Looks like these are starting to turn up on eBay so it's possible....

I suppose. Weird...very weird.

morpheus282
10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
For the record, the redundant figures will be:
*Ewoks (Paploo & Nho'Apakk)
*Stormtrooper
*Han Solo with stormtrooper belt and helmet
*R2-D2 with restraining bolt
*Commander Bacara
*Boba Fett

So there might be good ways for you to finish the droid.

That's good news to me, I didn't much care for this wave but between the redundant packs and the new ones I should be able to get the droid built.

Snowtrooper
10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
If I remember right, at SDCC they had the ROTS wave slated for early Oct. But with Legacy sales sagging, it wouldn't be surprising if these didn't show up for awhile.

DarkJedi5
10-12-2009, 11:38 PM
If I remember right, at SDCC they had the ROTS wave slated for early Oct. But with Legacy sales sagging, it wouldn't be surprising if these didn't show up for awhile.

Correct sir, the Comic Con cards had the ROTJ wave down as 9/14, ANH as 9/25, ROTS 10/9, and ESB 10/30. My ROTJ figures won't even ship to me until 10/16, so that's a month late and probably slowing down.

morpheus282
10-13-2009, 05:56 AM

From what I've seen, Legacy sales aren't sagging - they just aren't shipping. I've only seen four new shippments of Legacy at retail since July and just picked up some ROTJ figures this past weekend. On the other hand, we're up to our ears in Legends and CW. If I see the ANH wave before black Friday I'm going to be shocked.

Old Fossil
10-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Correct sir, the Comic Con cards had the ROTJ wave down as 9/14, ANH as 9/25, ROTS 10/9, and ESB 10/30.

One really has to take those target dates with a grain of salt. Those are nearly always very rosy estimates and are seldom ever accurate, especially with the basic line of carded figures.

DarkArtist
10-13-2009, 07:15 AM
I've yet to see the ROTJ wave at retail (got mine through HTS) so I'm hoping to see new product soon. all the stores by me still have the Blue Legacy cards with a few Red Legends & Clone Wars cards

DarkJedi5
10-13-2009, 10:24 AM
One really has to take those target dates with a grain of salt. Those are nearly always very rosy estimates and are seldom ever accurate, especially with the basic line of carded figures.

I won't argue that point. but I do feel that they usually don't miss them by a month. In fact the exclusives have been hitting right about when Hasbro said they would. The AT-ST is now the only exclusive that has missed its target release date by any substantial amount of time.

El Chuxter
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
D'oh. The only redundant figure I don't have is the Ewok two-pack, which I'm planning to get because I like the ROTJ wave (aside from Malakili, who, as I've said, I might get anyway to complete the droid... maybe I'll give him or the old one to my kid). I'm done collecting Stormtroopers; I've got a few million of them, and the thought of yet another Boba makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I might have to call in some favors for these parts or find them on eBay. Or just pass on the droid altogether since we know Hasbro has said the BAD pack-ins will never be re-released, which means sometime next summer.

Blue2th
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Usually Hasbro will make it so you don't have to buy any re-packs to build-a-droid at least, but you have to buy all the new sculpts to complete the droids.
I can live with that as long as I don't have to buy a re-gurge figure.

Though I don't have the Padme Evolutions, but I'm planning on getting the Evolution pack so I can get the other 2 Padme's I don't have yet too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Usually Hasbro will make it so you don't have to buy any re-packs to build-a-droid at least, but you have to buy all the new sculpts to complete the droids.
I can live with that as long as I don't have to buy a re-gurge figure.

Though I don't have the Padme Evolutions, but I'm planning on getting the Evolution pack so I can get the other 2 Padme's I don't have yet too.
But there are repacks so that people who don't want the new figures have a little bit of choice in completing the droid.

Blue2th
10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
But there are repacks so that people who don't want the new figures have a little bit of choice in completing the droid.

Yeah, I don't know why some people would by a figure they already have or can get so easy, when they can have a figure never made before even if it is obscure that maybe they'll never see again, but to each their own I guess huh.

Watch when all these weird Cantina aliens and Jabba's denizens are gone due to low or cut production numbers, people will be wishing they bought them when they were available instead of an army builder or hero figure.
Not so much now because you can get some of them online, but the way things are going with the Legacy line and rumors, and Hasbro's answers lately, I'm not taking any chances. Plus for the most part I've been really liking pretty much every figure Hasbro has been releasing this year, especially the obscure ones that have better articulation then their predecessors if any.

morpheus282
10-13-2009, 07:55 PM

I wish this was the case with R5-C7. I want the skiff guards, but I really don't have any use for the new Malakili or prune face. I'd actually rather buy more stormtroopers, jawas, or a repainted rebel pilot than either one of those, but everything I've seen says that the parts for the R5 won't be packed with anything but the new sculpts.

figrin bran
10-14-2009, 02:12 AM
HTS has the ROTS wave listed as "coming soon" so they'll probably be up within 2 weeks.

pbarnard
10-14-2009, 09:30 AM
I should be getting the RotJ wave either Friday or Saturday according to the tracking.

GrievousisOverlord
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
HTS has the ROTS wave listed as "coming soon" so they'll probably be up within 2 weeks.
not necearally that is just a website and i didn't order mine i bought them at my local target.

Old Fossil
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Found remnants of this wave tonight at TRU... they had Captain Colton and R2-D2. Colton looks a colossal bore, though he'd look at home in an Outlander club diorama. R2 looked great, though, and I may get him at some point.

The only other figure I'm remotely interested in from this wave is Commander Cody. Anybody here get Cody yet, and care to review him?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2009, 01:29 AM
I got four figures from this wave, having missed Cody and IG-88, at TRU. They also had Han and R2-D2, but they had the YVH-1 parts, so I skipped them until I see them with their original droid parts. I haven't opened them yet but they all look pretty nice.

Old Fossil
02-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Anybody here actually buy an Utai figure? I've seen it on numerous occasions and am thinking about picking up one or two. Anybody here able to spare a quick Utai review for a fellow American who's down on his luck?

morpheus282
02-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I've seen the Utai a couple of times and passed on it. Looks like a decent figure, but I just don't have a need for it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought you were going to get more Legacy figures to help out the line, so shouldn't you already have this one? :p ;)

Really, though, it's quite a nice figure.

El Chuxter
02-07-2010, 02:21 PM
The Utai was one of the few ROTS figures I decided I needed (meaning he's one of the few who's not a Clonetrooper or a resculpted Jedi). He is one amazing little figure indeed.

sebillba
02-07-2010, 02:53 PM
The Utai is one of my favourite figures of the year - I've always really liked the look of these little guys, and was hoping they'd get made into figures.... my only disappointment was the shorter version, sans headgear (which was seen briefly at SDCC), hasn't yet been released as well.

He's also done pretty well in Jaff's Best/Worst poll, coming out joint best for this wave.

Old Fossil
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I thought you were going to get more Legacy figures to help out the line, so shouldn't you already have this one? :p ;)

Really, though, it's quite a nice figure.

I'm working on it!:whip::laugh: I can only get a couple of figures a week. Last week was Legacy Plo Koon (nice!) and Clegg Holdfast (boooring).

The Utai was one of the few ROTS figures I decided I needed (meaning he's one of the few who's not a Clonetrooper or a resculpted Jedi). He is one amazing little figure indeed.

The Utai is one of my favourite figures of the year - I've always really liked the look of these little guys, and was hoping they'd get made into figures.... my only disappointment was the shorter version, sans headgear (which was seen briefly at SDCC), hasn't yet been released as well.

He's also done pretty well in Jaff's Best/Worst poll, coming out joint best for this wave.

Thank you, sirs! I'm going to have to pick up a couple of them now, I think.:thumbsup: