PDA

View Full Version : Got the TS Malevolence

JediTricks
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
One step closer to the end. The Mal is listed as being 4400 meters on the packaging, which is insanely big, like Super Star Destroyer big, yet the toy itself is pretty small for a TS. Detailing is ok, and the painted lights do bring out an extra quality that the sculpt alone can't do. The thing has a gajillion thrusters too, but none of that really lets this sculpt feel "big" enough, possibly because it's a rather narrow design.

Anyway, I got mine from HTS along with a big order.

clone157
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
So is that a recommendation? Sad that it is so small, hard to use forced perspective on an item that small.

darth_morpheus
10-21-2009, 02:51 AM
I haven't found the Malevolence yet but I did get my hands on some of these today. I really like Punishing One. It is mostly plastic but there is some weight there...just not sure where it is. It is similar to Mist Hunter in that the metal is hidden deep in the ship. It seems the top and bottom are both plastic with metal in the middle. There are no features on Punishing One. Some landing gear would have been a nice touch. The new Republic Gunship is also nice, very heavy being almost all metal, but there are no features on that one either. I'm pleased with both though, glad they made them.

Darth Duranium
10-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Very nice... the BH ships look cool together!

DM, pls. check your email!

JediTricks
10-22-2009, 04:48 PM
So is that a recommendation? Sad that it is so small, hard to use forced perspective on an item that small.It's not exactly a recommend, but it's definitely not an advise-to-avoid, so I guess it's neutral slightly tilted "for" rather than "against".

I haven't found the Malevolence yet but I did get my hands on some of these today. I really like Punishing One. It is mostly plastic but there is some weight there...just not sure where it is. It is similar to Mist Hunter in that the metal is hidden deep in the ship. It seems the top and bottom are both plastic with metal in the middle. There are no features on Punishing One. Some landing gear would have been a nice touch. The new Republic Gunship is also nice, very heavy being almost all metal, but there are no features on that one either. I'm pleased with both though, glad they made them.I also got Punishing One and the Gunship that day, in the mail from HTS.

Punishing One is such an odd design. The metal is the top half minus the "leg" on the left.

The new Gunship is pretty decent but smaller than I expected. I haven't put it next to the old Gunship, so I'm surprised to see in your photos that it's the same size as them.

Darth Duranium
11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Got the Malevolence today... thanks again, DM! I'm very happy with it... a decent size and weightiness. It was a teeny bit smaller than I thought it'd be and it is a bit bluer than I thought... but no worries. Particularly nice job on the purple and yellow detailing...and the engines are sharp, too.

Got the Punny One as well... looks like a proper SW universe entry, unlike the Misty. Better scale, too. Quite nice.