View Full Version : Galactic Heroes Vehicles Hasbro Needs To Make

Tycho
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
These vehicles would work well in the Galactic Heroes Format:

Trade Federation AAT Tank
Queen's Royal Starship
Republic Gunship
Twilight
Anakin's E3 Jedi Starfighter (surely the Obi-Wan repaint is coming)
Droid Tri-Fighter with room inside for a Battle Droid (for play value)
ARC 170
TurboTank
Y-wing
TIE Fighter
AT-AT (made but not yet released)
AT-ST
Jabba's Sailbarge
B-wing
TIE Interceptor
A-Wing

The large vehicles can be scaled down tremendously - especially because it's Galactic Heroes. Fitting only a few figures like the GH Falcon or Skiff do works just fine with me. The Republic Gunship would be seriously fun that way!

Ando
10-19-2009, 07:47 PM
The large vehicles can be scaled down tremendously - especially because it's Galactic Heroes. Fitting only a few figures like the GH Falcon or Skiff do works just fine with me. The Republic Gunship would be seriously fun that way!

AGREED!

BTW: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS93751 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS93751)

No picture yet, but the Y Wing is coming!

Tycho
10-20-2009, 12:54 AM
I wonder which version we'll get? (CW or ANH/ROTJ?)

It will probably be Clone Wars. That shape lends itself more to Galactic Heroes' style and it could use main character crew members (Anakin and Ahsoka) versus honoring everyone's burning desire to have Tyree and Dutch as Galactic Hero figures. [sarcastic]

Yeah, in truth, I'd rather put Anakin and Ahsoka in it.

Background Character
10-20-2009, 05:07 AM
Those are some great suggestions you listed above. If I may, I would like to add to the list with:

1) Landspeeder
2) Jawa Sandcrawler
3) Bespin Cloud Car
4) Star Destroyer
5) Imperial Shuttle

I also think this line would work well in playsets. Despite what the toy companies think, my kids and their friends love playsets. They have a blast with the Indy Jones Temple of Akator and the Star Trek bridge playsets, but that is another topic.

Maybe the larger ships like Jabba's Sail Barge or the Sandcrawler could open into a playset similiar to the MicroMachines sets of the past. In that case a Galactic Hero Death Star would be very cool.

Also, Dagobah, Hoth Base, Mos Eisley, etc. you get the idea.

Darth Metalmute
10-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I would love to see the republic gunship, as well as some droid starfighters that could transform.

Ando
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I wonder which version we'll get? (CW or ANH/ROTJ?)

It will probably be Clone Wars. That shape lends itself more to Galactic Heroes' style and it could use main character crew members (Anakin and Ahsoka) versus honoring everyone's burning desire to have Tyree and Dutch as Galactic Hero figures. [sarcastic]

Yeah, in truth, I'd rather put Anakin and Ahsoka in it.

It looks like we're getting the Clone Wars version, Tycho: http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/gentlegiantcollectors/2009%20GH%20High%20Res/hasoctgh4.jpg (http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/gentlegiantcollectors/2009%20GH%20High%20Res/hasoctgh4.jpg)

Sonofsokol posted this in another thread.

Darth Metalmute
10-27-2009, 04:57 PM
As nice as it is to get the Y-Wing, that thing is hideous.

Ando
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
As nice as it is to get the Y-Wing, that thing is hideous.

It's a little chubby and chunky, but it's still cute.

I still want one. The GH line is my all time favorite and I will continue to support it.

Tycho
10-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I think it's totally cute. Looks like the cockpit fits only 1 figure?

Ando
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I think it's totally cute. Looks like the cockpit fits only 1 figure?

I dunno... It looks like there might be room for 2 under that cockpit.

Alpha 315
11-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I doubt it.
I'm just glad we're getting one. :p

Ando
11-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Time will tell, but that cockpit looks to be about the same size as the one for the snowspeeder and that ship holds two figures.

sonofsokol
11-19-2009, 01:21 PM
In a Q & A from another site yakfaceHasbro said the AT-AT is in the line for fall 2011.
Good news: We will get this amazing vehicle and they plan on continuing this line that far into the future. :thumbsup:
Bad news: that's 2 years away:frus:

Tycho
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
What will they be doing in the meanwhile?

We need the Republic Gunship for GH now!

And a TIE Fighter and Droid Army AAT tank would really work, too.

Ando
11-20-2009, 07:05 PM
You know what would be *PERFECT* for this line that would work here even though it would never work again for the 3 3/4" line?:

Rebel Transport Carrying Case!!!

Fat Valentino
11-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Actually my good friend (and neighbor) I hate to burst your bubble, but the Rebel Transport Carrying Case would work far less in the Galactic Heroes scale then it would in the regular Legacy Collection. Why? Well, the molded, Galactic Heroes figurines have irregular sizes, anywhere from Yoda to Vader, and without the benefit of hip joints. Their actual footprint is bigger than most vintage Kenner figures.:mad:

Fat Valentino
11-23-2009, 06:04 AM
It could work as a toybox or carrying case of some kind, but who would consider this possibility and not first do the Galactic Heroes Star Destroyer!:whip:

Ando
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Actually my good friend (and neighbor) I hate to burst your bubble, but the Rebel Transport Carrying Case would work far less in the Galactic Heroes scale then it would in the regular Legacy Collection. Why? Well, the molded, Galactic Heroes figurines have irregular sizes, anywhere from Yoda to Vader, and without the benefit of hip joints. Their actual footprint is bigger than most vintage Kenner figures.:mad:

I was referring to a ALL NEW mold/vehicle, not a repaint of a toy from 30 years ago.

sonofsokol
11-24-2009, 10:54 AM
We keep all of my son's (my) galactic heroes in a big storage tote in his room. I was thinking of the idea of a rebel transport carrying case and thought that to fit all his stuff it'd take one freaking huge rebel transport ship:D I really wish that they would change their stance on Playsets for this line. I let my son use my Turbo Tank and AT-TE in his battles. He loves cramming them all in those bigger vehicles.

The new episode 2 Slave 1 and episode 3 Anakin's Star Fighter look pretty dang sweet.

My top 5 wants
1. Clone Gunship
2. Turbo Tank - I picture this in my mind and it makes me smile
3. AT-AT - I know its on its way, but I want it now
4. Cloud Car - 2 cockpits with a "handle" in the middle would be great for kids and hasn't every kid dreamed of reinacting the arrival of the Falcon to Cloud City scene???
5. Standard Tie Fighter - I love Vader's, but we need more "bad guy" ships

Darth Metalmute
11-24-2009, 11:15 AM
My top 5 is:

1. TIE Fighter
2. Clone Gunship
3. B-Wing
4. TIE Interceptor
5. Droid Fighter

I want them to handle the starfighters before they try their hand at big ships, just in case the line goes on "Hiatus" before we can squadron build.

Fat Valentino
11-24-2009, 05:58 PM
1) A Wing with Rebel Pilot and Mon Calimari Officer.

2) Star Destroyer (Scaled down to 40% Bigger than Galactic Heroes M.F.)

3) Luke's Landspeeder

4) Bantha with Tent, Shimi Skywalker and Tusken Raider Family.

5) Rebel Transport with Medical Droid, Hoth Leia Repackage, Bacta Tank, Cargo. (Scaled down to 40% Bigger than Galactic Heroes M.F.)

sonofsokol
11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
A bantha could be really fun.

jseariouas
11-26-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm using GD2 with PHP 5.2.9.2 and I'm trying to create a dynamic compass type thing. What I'd like is simply an arrow image that will change where it's pointing based on the
get variable I pass to it. Problem is that because the image is square, imagerotate (the function I'm using) makes the overall canvas bigger and bigger, to it's maximum size, at any of the 45 degree angles. This is not what I expected, nor what I want, what I'd much prefer is it to stay exactly in it's place and clipping to occur. I understand how I could do this manually, but to do so, I'd need the dimensions of the newly rotated image, in it's current form, rather than how it was.
Organisme de credit a la consommation | (http://organismedecredit.org/)Organisme maison de credit immobilier | (http://organismedecredit.org/)Organisme de rachat de credit en ligne (http://organismedecredit.org/):shocked::)

Kirrmistwelder
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
My kids are really only collecting Galactic Heroes right now (5 and 3 years old) and both are huge fans of The Clone Wars series and Id say the top 5 things theyd be interested in would be:

1. Republic Gunship (LAAT/i)
2. AT-TE
3. General Grievous Starfighter (Soulless One)
4. Vulture Droid Starfighter
5. Trade Federation AAT Tank

I'm going to list the Turbo Tank separately - there's two ways this could be made. They could do a small one that only fits two characters - really just giving the right shape but not really an accurate scape. But, I also think the Turbo Tank could be the Galactic Heroes equivalent of the Rebel Troop Transport carry case - they could use a larger mold and make it a storage case for the GH line.

JesseVader08
12-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Number one want for me: TIE Fighter.

After that: Sandcrawler, Gunship, ARC-170, Imperial Shuttle.

Can't wait for the AT-AT in 2011!

Ando
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I dunno... It looks like there might be room for 2 under that cockpit.

I picked up the GH CW Y-Wing on Saturday night and the cockpit is only big enough for 1 pilot, although (and I haven't tried it yet), Anakin and Ahsoka may both fit since she's littler than the male GH figures.

It's a pretty sweet little ship. The bombs are well, the bomb. They launch/shoot down pretty fast and don't "fall" like the ones on it's 3 3/4" big sibling. I haven't had my nephew over to play for a while, so I don't have a kid review for it, but my wife and I love it.

Right now it sits on my dresser next to the GH Slave I right underneath the forks of the BMF.

I will try different figures in the cockpit tonight and post pictures tomorrow.

Fat Valentino
03-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I think that the Tantive IV/Rebel Blockade Runner would be a great vehicle/playset. It could be priced similarly to the Falcon and the AT-AT Walker (29.99-39.99).

It would only have to be a little longer than the Falcon, certainly no wider, with maybe just a cockpit, long hallway, and conference table on the inside. The cool thing is that like the Falcon, the AT-AT and Slave 1, a Rebel Blockade Runner vehicle could be re-released multiple times, packaged with figures from both Episode 3 and Episode 4.

I'd also love to see an Episode One Queen's Starship in the Galactic Heroes scale, maybe with a re-released Qui-Gonn, Jar-Jar and a new Queen Amidala?
:yes:

Tycho
03-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Those two ships you suggested Valentino, would be each very cool.

sonofsokol
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I really like the larger ships since they are more like playsets. I think the 2 mentioned above would be cool in the Falcon-sized ship/playset range.

What we really need is more "bad guy" ships. The recent release of the ESB Slave 1 has helped and the (too-soon in my opinion) repaint/rerelease from AOTC Slave 1, but we need a Star Destroyer for Vader and his Storm Troopers. It really does not need to be any bigger than the Falcon because let's face it, scale really doesn't matter in this line. I would just love a big trangular grey ship with some black and white accents, where the whole top could lift up (hinges at the back). The inside could be designed as the bridge, doesn't need to be too fancy. Electronics would be sweet with a few Vader and Imperial officer quotes, blaster fire, etc...

I know they said that the Cinema scenes are dead, but I have to believe they will continue the vehicle line under a new name. I swear they mentioned that when I watched the youtube video of their presentation... either way, here is my new Top 10 all-new ships with figures list:
New Figures I'd like to see with the vehicles are in BLUE
1. Imperial Star Destroyer - Darth Vader (new sculpt, with arms behind his back looking menacing and powerful, no light saber), a Storm Trooper or 2 and an Imperial Officer.
2. Republic Gunship (preferably with the Rancor-mouth paint from the original Clone Wars series) - Arc Trooper Alpha, at least 2 blue ARC Troopers and ARC Pilot
3. Turbo Tank - Quinlan Voss, Comander Faie, and a couple generic clones in Camo/Wilderness gear
4. Armored Assault Tank - OOM Pilot, a regular battle driod, and possibly a Droidika and/or Super-battle droid
5. Freeco Speeder - Capt Rex, Obi-wan and Anakin in Cold Weather Gear and Thi-Sen.
6. General Grievous Starfighter - 4-sabered Greivous and Nahdar Vebb, maybe Grievous' medical droid (dreaming).
7. Standard TIE Fighter - TIE Pilot
8. Vulture Droid - A couple of Buzz Droids
9. Xanadu Blood - Cad Bane, newly painted IG-86, and bounty hunter du jour.
10. Cloud Car - Pilots, Lando, Lobot, 2 different Ugnaughts and everyone's favorite Willrow Hood.

I'd also like to see a re-release of the Naboo Fighter with a Naboo Pilot (w/ coat), a Queen Amidala (in Queen-looking attire), young Anikan, and toss in a battle droid or 2 (or not). I missed out on this one and saw one on ebay for $80 "But it Now" What a load of :upset:

Ando
03-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I really like the larger ships since they are more like playsets. I think the 2 mentioned above would be cool in the Falcon-sized ship/playset range.

What we really need is more "bad guy" ships. The recent release of the ESB Slave 1 has helped and the (too-soon in my opinion) repaint/rerelease from AOTC Slave 1, but we need a Star Destroyer for Vader and his Storm Troopers. It really does not need to be any bigger than the Falcon because let's face it, scale really doesn't matter in this line. I would just love a big trangular grey ship with some black and white accents, where the whole top could lift up (hinges at the back). The inside could be designed as the bridge, doesn't need to be too fancy. Electronics would be sweet with a few Vader and Imperial officer quotes, blaster fire, etc...

I know they said that the Cinema scenes are dead, but I have to believe they will continue the vehicle line under a new name. I swear they mentioned that when I watched the youtube video of their presentation... either way, here is my new Top 10 all-new ships with figures list:
New Figures I'd like to see with the vehicles are in BLUE
1. Imperial Star Destroyer - Darth Vader (new sculpt, with arms behind his back looking menacing and powerful, no light saber), a Storm Trooper or 2 and an Imperial Officer.
2. Republic Gunship (preferably with the Rancor-mouth paint from the original Clone Wars series) - Arc Trooper Alpha, at least 2 blue ARC Troopers and ARC Pilot
3. Turbo Tank - Quinlan Voss, Comander Faie, and a couple generic clones in Camo/Wilderness gear
4. Armored Assault Tank - OOM Pilot, a regular battle driod, and possibly a Droidika and/or Super-battle droid
5. Freeco Speeder - Capt Rex, Obi-wan and Anakin in Cold Weather Gear and Thi-Sen.
6. General Grievous Starfighter - 4-sabered Greivous and Nahdar Vebb, maybe Grievous' medical droid (dreaming).
7. Standard TIE Fighter - TIE Pilot
8. Vulture Droid - A couple of Buzz Droids
9. Xanadu Blood - Cad Bane, newly painted IG-86, and bounty hunter du jour.
10. Cloud Car - Pilots, Lando, Lobot, 2 different Ugnaughts and everyone's favorite Willrow Hood.

I'd also like to see a re-release of the Naboo Fighter with a Naboo Pilot (w/ coat), a Queen Amidala (in Queen-looking attire), young Anikan, and toss in a battle droid or 2 (or not). I missed out on this one and saw one on ebay for $80 "But it Now" What a load of :upset:

I wantz allz of that...

Fat Valentino
03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Darth Vader (new sculpt, with arms behind his back looking menacing and powerful, no light saber)

Thanks for the idea man. I'm so going to make a custom of this one of these days...

A Galactic Heroes scale Star Destroyer would be so bloody cool. Interestingly enough, a Rescue Heroes vehicle was released a couple years back that kind of resembles the Star Destroyer. I have one, and always kind of planned to make a custom. Maybe one of you will instead...

It's called the Rescue Heroes Hyperjet, or something close to that...

ncbarrett
03-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I would buy a Death Star if they ever made it.
Even if it cost $100.
Maybe for ROTJ 30th anniversary.
Include Palpatine, Vader and Luke.

Fat Valentino
03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Include Palpatine, Vader and Luke.

A Death Star would be sweet! Maybe an Emperor molded into his cool black easy chair?:lipsrsealed:

GH_fan
03-10-2010, 09:20 AM

I have seen some versions of these figures already ....

http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com/category/customs/

sonofsokol
03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Nice to have you on the boards GH_Fan.
Those are some nice customs and that looks like a cool site too. I've never tried my hand at any customs like that, but those pics make me want to give it a try.:yes:

Tycho
03-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the boards GH Fan! :)

Thanks for sharing those customs.

I am still dying for a Republic Gunship for the GH

GH_fan
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome Sonofsokol ... here is that custom Vader you were looking for along with some Stormtroopers.

Alpha 315
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
GH Fan
Those are some sa-weet looking stormies! Would you, uh, ever considering selling some of those on eBay? :lipsrsealed:

Anyways, if they were ever going to do another AotC wave, I demand a two-pack of Zam Wessell and Jango Fett (his jetpack has fire coming out, like he's lifting off, kind of like R2 in the RotS 2-pack R2 and the SBD) or a vehicle set (can't say Cinema Scene anymore, wah wah wah) of Zam Wessell, Anakin padawan, Obi-wan Jedi Master, Zam's assassin droid, and her airspeeder. I'm actually surprised there has been no Zam yet. :(

GH_fan
04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
havent put any on ebay but have done some requests
alpha PM'd you
anyone wanting any customs made PM me and i will see what i can do :)

Alpha 315
04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Thought of a good vehicle to make...

A Corporal Alliance Droid. The side can slide up to put in a battle droid, and it can come with another Kashyyyk scene. It needs a tan battle droid, a Kashyyyk trooper, Yoda, and a Corporal Alliance tank. :lipsrsealed: