PDA

View Full Version : Laudica figure?

Gothiczartan
10-22-2009, 09:32 PM
I would like to see Laudica from Jabba's Palace get her figure made.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laudica

Devo
10-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I agree. I voted for her throughout the fans choice here at SirSteves. She was visible in a lot of shots in Jabbas palace so I think she'd be a worthwhile figure for the future. I hope the line lasts long enough to get to her.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Yes, I'd be interested in her and Jess being made into figures. Probably not too likely we'll see it.

Old Fossil
10-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Probably wouldn't buy her. I don't remember that character at all.

Tycho
10-23-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm indifferent. For Jabba's Palace I thought she was kind of plain - just a girl in flight coveralls. It actually sort of bothered me that she wasn't in a more "Star Wars-zy" get-up - either replaced by a more menacing alien, or armed to the teeth with cross-draw holsters and ammunition bandoliers (like Bane Malor) or something.

I'd like to have more lady-figures in my SW collection, but I could point out at least 4 from Club Outlander in AOTC that I'd campaign for first, starting with Nyrat Agira. She has 2 other friends and there's a very nice looking Asian girl that walks by and glances in Anakin's direction as he makes his way through the bar.

For OT ladies, I'd look to the EU and do Mara Jade in more outfits, the girls from the Han Solo adventures like Bria Tharen, Jess, Hasti, and so on. Speaking of Solos, how about more outfits for Jaina Solo, the X-wing pilot one being the easiest to make since the female pilot body sculpt and Jaina's head are now both completed.

Anyway, would I buy Ludica? Yes. Certainly. I'd get a few for background filler in my dioramas: Jabba's Palace, Sailbarge, Cloud City, Coruscant (SOTE), possibly Mos Eisley Spaceport.

DarkArtist
10-23-2009, 07:31 AM
I'd past on her all together....too minor a character in the movie to warrant a figure and very plain to boot. I have a figure that could kinda stand in for her if I wanted can't remember the name of the figure but she was with the movie toy line for the game Wing Commander. she's a female figure with dark brown hair and in a red flight suit.

DarkJedi5
10-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Okay, let's put it this way, I will buy almost any Star Wars figure. If it's from the movies, it's a sure thing, no matter how background it is or fleeting its screen time. That said, why would people ask for this figure? It's about as boring as any Star Wars figure could ever be. You want to make this figure super cool? Make this character with a Tonnika head and put her head on a Tonnika jumpsuit (they look the same just different colors). People can buy two of each and make themselves some Tonnikas that Hasbro technically can't make.

bigbarada
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
There are plenty of other characters from Jabba's Palace who are more highly visible that need to be made into action figure form first before we start scraping the bottom of the barrel with characters like this.

Since Hasbro is only making a handful of Jabba's Palace aliens and Skiff Guards per year, I would be highly annoyed if a boring human girl in a red jumpsuit took up one of those slots.

pbarnard
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
So many other humans to make first that this I didn't eve know she was there doesn't quite deserve to be on the list, yet.

El Chuxter
10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
She looks pretty cool. I'd buy her. It'd be nice to have a bad girl with a gun, for a change.

IG 8D8
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
how about Lady Valarian? 2.5 meters tall with a wild pig type head.

JEDIpartner
10-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I thought it was Margot Kidder after she went crazy. :(

Devo
10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
There are plenty of other characters from Jabba's Palace who are more highly visible that need to be made into action figure form first before we start scraping the bottom of the barrel with characters like this.

Since Hasbro is only making a handful of Jabba's Palace aliens and Skiff Guards per year, I would be highly annoyed if a boring human girl in a red jumpsuit took up one of those slots.

While I of course agree with you on the skiff guards I think Hasbro would be less inclined to make her at all if they leave her to the very end, same with the 'boring' human skiff guards. I believe they should continue to mix it up or else many of these characters would not get made at all.