Preorder for Nov 9th:
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=217&ID=25391

Coupon codes:
sw2010 - 10% off Star Wars
ship499 - $4.99 shipping but it expires Sunday the 25th

Ando
10-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Nice!

Thank you for the heads up on the coupon codes, too.

JediTricks
11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Sure thing.

Has anybody received this one yet? A few of my Titanium Series preorders for this same date shipped already, I didn't get this but was wondering if anybody did.

Lord Foortwenti
11-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Was just surfing around and came upon these forums and saw your question...

My Slave 1 cinema scene arrived here, in NJ, on Tuesday 11/3. I ordered the set when it became available for a few hours that day you referenced in your first post, when it was listed as being sold as a "pre-order for Nov.9".

So, if you haven't gotten it yet, I'd imagine it'd be getting there soon. And may I add....it's a really neat ship. They did make an odd choice in designing the seat (you'll see what I mean), but other then that it's pretty cool and my son has really been diggin it.

Congratulations on being able to get one btw, from all looks and appearances I think this set is going to be as scarce as the Millennium Falcon, or Battle of Naboo sets are now. I'd be surprised to see the Slave 1 set become available again at all this "wave". Anyone that wasn't able to get it this round is probably gonna have to wait until the next "wave", and that's if they do put it out again.

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Welcome aboard! Nice get. I heard from another forumite, Tycho, who also got his, looks like these showed up nice and early.

I didn't have the cash to preorder it, so I'm going to be on the hunt for it instead, which I hope isn't the fool's errand you're suggesting it is. I didn't know the Falcon was HTF though, I bought the original Playskool one so I didn't bother with the re-release.

How does the carbonite block go into the underside, and how does it come out, is there a button holding it in place?

Lord Foortwenti
11-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome aboard! Nice get. I heard from another forumite, Tycho, who also got his, looks like these showed up nice and early.

I didn't have the cash to preorder it, so I'm going to be on the hunt for it instead, which I hope isn't the fool's errand you're suggesting it is. I didn't know the Falcon was HTF though, I bought the original Playskool one so I didn't bother with the re-release.

How does the carbonite block go into the underside, and how does it come out, is there a button holding it in place?

Yeah, the Millennium Falcon, is pretty hard to find. All 3 versions of it...the original Playskool, the Galactic Heroes branded Wal-mart exclusive, and the new GH RotJ version w/ Lando and Nien Nunb...can't be found anywhere for less then $150. The newest version, the RotJ package, was released sometime this summer but I never saw it for retail sale anywhere here in NJ, and the only place I found em was on ebay, and all of those seemed to come from Canada. (as an aside, a quick Google search for the falcon shows 2 places claiming to have it for less then $150. The first is always "out of stock", and the 2nd is ToyGlobe.com and I have seen many reports that they are scammers).

I wish you luck hunting down the Slave 1 set, I know how frustrating it can be trying to track these sets down so I hope you are able to get your hands on one.

As for Han in Carbonite and it's placement in the Slave 1...it could've been thought out and designed a bit better imho. There is a slot on the bottom of the Slave 1 where you slip the block into. I say it could've been designed better b/c once you get it in there, it's kinda hard to get back out. There is no mechanical means of ejection, so you have to try and get a good grip on it and pull it out. The problem is that when it's in there properly, only a small edge protrudes out and it's kinda hard to get a good grip on. My son can't get it out at all, and my wife or I are constanly taking it out for him. Worst of all, if it's put in improperly, and it is too easy to put in improperly imo, it's virtually impossible to get back out. I've had to break out the needle-nose pliers more then once in the last few days.

Other then that minor complaint though, it is an awesome addition to the collection.

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
That's crazy about the Falcon! I had no idea, thanks for the info. I can't imagine why prices are THAT high, they had a ton of them in the white box for a while. Crazy aftermarket.

Thanks for the info on the carbonite block, that is super weird that it's just frictioned into the underside and has to be pried out.

Ando
11-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, the Millennium Falcon, is pretty hard to find... and the new GH RotJ version w/ Lando and Nien Nunb...can't be found anywhere for less then $150. The newest version, the RotJ package, was released sometime this summer but I never saw it for retail sale anywhere here in NJ, and the only place I found em was on ebay, and all of those seemed to come from Canada...

Try this: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11486009&search=millenium%20falcon&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=millenium%20falcon&Ntt=millenium%20falcon&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11486009&search=millenium%20falcon&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=millenium%20falcon&Ntt=millenium%20falcon&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial)

It's a CostCo exclusive. INstore it's $27.99.

Lord Foortwenti
11-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Try this: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11486009&search=millenium%20falcon&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=millenium%20falcon&Ntt=millenium%20falcon&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11486009&search=millenium%20falcon&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=millenium%20falcon&Ntt=millenium%20falcon&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial)

It's a CostCo exclusive. INstore it's $27.99.

CostCo huh? Never in a million years would I have thought that it'd be a CostCo exclusive...Wal-Mart, Target, Toys 'r Us sure, those have been the 3 US retailers that Hasbro has done these exclusivity deals with, but CostCo? Wow.

This must also be a relatively new developement as doing a little digging around the net I dug up a lot of "watcher" sites saying they've had reports of people finding the set @ CostCo, and they were all dated in the 2nd half of October.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up though Ando :thumbsup:...you just made my sons YEAR! Seriously he has wanted a GH Millenium Falcon since he started collecting these about 2 years ago and we came across a pic of one on the net. Before you posted that link I can't tell you how many discussions my wife and I have had about putting out the $150 to get him one, or how many times I was about to do it but decided to wait just a little longer to see if I could finally find one @ retail. Now, I am glad that I did wait. You just saved me about $120, b/c if I hadn't found one by xmas I was gonna just get one through a reseller or on ebay. Cheers mate

Ando
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
You're VERY welcome! My wife got me the WM exclusive set last year for Christmas and paid around $60-$70 for it. I love it as much as my BMF and it's easier to play with, too!

I think I am going to get this new set, too. The paint is a little different and it will be handy to have if/when my nephews destroy the other one I bought for them a year and a half ago.

JediTricks
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM
The GH one is the only Falcon to have the tunnel from the cockpit to the main hold too. :D

Ando
11-09-2009, 03:27 PM
The GH one is the only Falcon to have the tunnel from the cockpit to the main hold too. :D

Good point!

It's also really fun to push the buttons inside so you can "fix" the Hyperdrive and watch the lights turn from red to green. I can never remember the right sequence, but if you mess with it for a few minutes, you can hear C3PO get excited and declare that the Hyperdrive has been repaired.

I can't wait to have the GH Slave I to put with my GH Falcon!

Lord Foortwenti
11-12-2009, 12:21 AM
I can't wait to have the GH Slave I to put with my GH Falcon!

Yeah, that is an awesome pairing to have some fun with. Between the Slave1, the X-wing and Vaders Tie-x1, not to mention Obi-wan's Jedi Starfighter (old, AotC version) we have the makings of some awesome space battles. I know I'm dreaming, but how awesome would a Galactic Hero Star Destroyer be, or Vader's Executor flagship, or dare I even say it.....a Galactic Hero Death Star. I won't even mention the GH At-At that's rumored to be coming down the pike.

So I ordered the GH RoTJ Falcon on Tuesday from CostCo :thumbsup: I was planning to give it to my son the day it arrived so I...I mean he could play with it right away, but my wife wants to save it for Xmas. She is right, I suppose. It will make an awesome Xmas present, he has been wanting the MF for like 2 years now and opening it on Christmas morning will only make it that much better. It is a shame I...he...won't get to play with it for a month and a half, but such is life.

I'll let you guys know when it arrives, and I just want to thank you again for pointing that out, you really did help make a little boy very happy.

Ando
11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll let you guys know when it arrives, and I just want to thank you again for pointing that out, you really did help make a little boy very happy.

For me, Christmas has been, and will always be about Star Wars toys, so you're welcome!

I remember the Christmas that I got a Galactic Heroes Millenium Falcon like it was last year. Cause it was last year.

Tycho
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I've had my GH Slave-One for a while now. I'm glad I bought it. The main-line's one for Jango is more fun with all its firing missiles, but THE GH ONE had to be made! It's a must-buy.

Now the decision about whether I'll buy Jango's???

Ando
11-30-2009, 10:49 AM
I found my GH Slave I at Target on Black Friday after 11 am(!). With the Clone Cash coupon, I got it for $17.99.

I love it! They did a great job with it. I really like the rotating cockpit.

And I will definitely be getting the Jango Fett version when they release it.

sonofsokol
11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm glad to hear that these are showing up at retail. HST has been out for quite a while. I'll be stopping by my Target to have a look. I picked up the Obi-wan ROTS starfighter at Target 2 weeks ago. :fingerscrossed:

Tycho
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
My Target had Slave-One after I'd ordered it from HTS.

They also had the Endor Shield Bunker from GH with an Ewok w. Glider as well as scout and Speederbike, Han and Leia, Wicket, and some Imperial Stormtroopers. I declined to take that one but would like an Ewok glider someday. Maybe they'll release it like they did Maul and his speederbike or Anakin and the STAP?

sonofsokol
11-30-2009, 02:50 PM
That ewok with glider looks really cool, but I can't justify buying the set for it... :frus:

Alpha 315
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I want the Slave 1 for Boba. It's looks pretty slick. :yes: