PDA

View Full Version : LEGO System 2010

LusiferSam
10-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Well I've been waiting more than two weeks for somebody else to start this thread, but I guess I'll have to do myself. So any and all non Star Wars 2010 sets info, rumors or discussions go here.

So the first of these is the Imperial Flagship 10210 (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34048). I was on Eurobricks a few weeks ago and saw this set. All I have to say is holy cow! This is a huge ship. At 1,664 pieces, it's close to twice the size of the of the largest Pirate ship, the Skull's Eye Schooner (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6286). A rough eyeballing seems to indicate that there's 4 hull segments. Which also make the longest ship in addition to the tallest. And being able to bring a broadside of four cannons the Imperials finally have a ship that could take on the Pirates.

I'm getting this set as soon as possible. Lego might have finally made a ship better then the Black Seas Barracuda (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6285). That's a lot of detail in 10210 that haven't been seen since the Barracuda. And some new. A galley, brig, two decks and a triple master are all welcome additions. The mini figure selection is good and I like the coloring. But it lacks many of the Barracuda's refinements. I hate the current rigging, it's square rather than triangular. The jib is attached wrong. All minor problems on looks to be a great set.

Slicker
10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
That is definitely a sweet looking ship. Sadly I don't buy system sets anymore though. The last system set I bought was literally the same day that I bought my first Star Wars figure. I don't think it gets much more difinitive on when my transition was. ;)

Ji'dai
11-20-2009, 11:12 PM
My TRU had a few 2010 sets on the shelves today.

They had two new Space Police vehicles: the first was a small $10 police ship with enclosed cockpit. The second is a purple outlaw space wrecker hauling an asteroid ATM machine. The aliens have the same head sculpts as this year's releases, but cast in different colors. The police officers have more realistic space helmets this time around.

I saw three sets in the new Atlantis theme, but wasn't all that crazy about them to jump on these just yet. The $7 set had a giant crab and diver/explorer with Altantean artifact. The $15 set features a large shark-like fish and a diver/explorer. The $26 one has a diver/explorer submersible vehicle and an Atlantean, which has mini-fig legs and torso and a shark head. I'm interested, but I'd like to see more of this theme before I decide to commit.

There were also small Creator sets (race car, helicopter) and Racers, plus new Rock Raiders.

LusiferSam
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Hadn't really heard about these Atlantis sets. Looks like they come with Scion fragments or Triforce sections. I haven't seen any that really excite me, yet. I'll likely pass on these.

Ji'dai
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I like the idea of an Atlantis theme. But from what I've seen so far I'm not that impressed. Hopefully the big set in the theme will be some temple ruins.

Anyone going to get the Toy Story line? It introduces a new mini-fig scale (for Woody, Buzz uses the standard mini-fig legs and torso). I hope the new mini-figs won't spread to other themes.

I'll probably get the Prince of Persia sets though I doubt I'll ever watch the movie. They look like they could fit nicely with the Indy theme. I love the new Arab headgear.

LusiferSam
11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Toy Story doesn't interest me that much, but I want the Army guys and the aliens. So I'll get sets with those in them.

Prince of Persia. Oh yes, oh yes. I loved the original games and have kept up with the series, but not playing any of them in over 10 years. Even if I had never heard of the game, the name just sounds cool. I'll be getting all of these. As for the movie, I'm undecided right not now.

sebillba
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to the Toy Story sets - I don't have too much space for any large sets, so I mainly concentrate on collecting the minifigs... and Lego versions of Buzz, Woody, et al very much appeal to me (I've just collected all the Spongebob figs, and I absolutely love them!). The big build a Buzz set does look cool, but I'll probably just search out the Alien minifig, he looks super-sweet!

Ji'dai
11-24-2009, 08:55 PM
The Toy Story figures are the big draw for me too. I really enjoyed the movie when it came out, but I'm ambivalent about collecting the sets.

I found a new Town set at TRU today, Fire Boat. Yep, it's a floating fire-fighting boat. A new fire station is coming too from the looks of a photo on the Fire Boat box. The other fireman sets pictured have been on the market for some time - a ladder truck and a pick-up truck with trailer.

sebillba
11-25-2009, 06:36 AM
I was just looking at some photos of the TS figs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickjournal/sets/72157621664823727/
At first, I was thinking, wow, these are awesome, I want them now! But the more I looked, I realised they look like any other TS figures - apart from the soldiers, the heads are too sculpted, to look just like the characters, and don't have any of the usual Lego stylization. I mean, there's no reason Jessie, Stinky Pete, even Buzz and Woody shouldn't have regular Lego heads with approriate deco. They're just not Lego-y enough. Having said that, I still want them!

Darth Metalmute
11-25-2009, 07:38 AM
When did lego get the Disney line?
I thought they had a contract with megablocks. I even have Toy Story Megablocks.

I, for one, am happy of the change. I'm a blockgot when it comes to building toys.
My parents would always buy my son megablocks and I would always keep the megablocks seperate from his duplos.

DarkArtist
11-26-2009, 10:14 AM
i definately want the toy story sets.... love the movies and looking forward to TS3 next year. Prince of Persia and Atlantis is a wait and see. I'm a big fan of the town sets as well. any word yet on possible sets for Indy and Star Wars that are on tap for 2010 ?

Ji'dai
11-26-2009, 01:49 PM
LEGO has licensed Disney characters before. There were Mickey Mouse Duplo sets about ten years ago.

Indiana Jones is on hiatus due to the release of Prince of Persia sets. I guess LEGO feels the two themes are too similar, and in many ways, they are. Persia sets will have the first LEGO camel and more realistic Arab headgear.

This LEGO wiki page (http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2010) has a listing of new releases and news.

I didn't know Harry Potter is coming back next year, at least in video game form. It'll be similar to the Star Wars, Batman, and Indiana Jones LEGO games and will cover years 1-4. Maybe we'll see some sets to go along with it. I didn't collect the HP theme back in the day and now I regret not buying them.

Darth Metalmute
11-27-2009, 09:49 PM
LEGO has licensed Disney characters before. There were Mickey Mouse Duplo sets about ten years ago.

Thats right, I remember the Winnie the Pooh sets now.

LusiferSam
11-27-2009, 11:48 PM

Thats right, I remember the Winnie the Pooh sets now.

Winnie the Pooh was Duplo, Mickey Mouse was Lego Baby and System. The System set were closer to the 4+ stuff. I was thinking that stuff was older for reason. But I guess time flies.

Ji'dai
12-02-2009, 06:38 PM
LEGO Shop@Home has three Atlantis sets in stock. They're the same ones that've appeared on TRU shelves recently. There's also a picture of the Atlantean mini-fig on the Theme (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/) page, which I hadn't seen before.

Ji'dai
12-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Received an order from Shop@Home today and there was a 6-page fold-out catalog for a group of LEGO games coming in Spring 2010 in the box:

Front Cover (http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdn60z.jpg)
Page 1 (http://i50.tinypic.com/2zsa3qv.jpg) - "A New Way to Play"
Page 2 (http://i48.tinypic.com/2s1lix0.jpg) - "Minotaurs"
Page 3 (http://i50.tinypic.com/2a83m14.jpg) - "Pirate Code" & "Creationary"
Page 4 (http://i48.tinypic.com/vooqqo.jpg) - "Lava Dragon" & "Monster 4"
Back Cover (http://i49.tinypic.com/2zoyl1x.jpg) - close-up of the buildable LEGO die

Some of the games come with "micro-figure" tokens built with a 1x2 brick and a torso with nubs for arms (kinda like the first mini-figures).

Ji'dai
12-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I gotta have this Toy Story set: Woody's Round-Up (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3780396&siteID=Qfq2SUmeSyM-dd6XdVm0JVqvCtzWlGd.9Q). It builds a sheriff's office, jail, and has a small prospector's mine. This set looks like it'd fit into the old Western theme fairly well.

When I got back into collecting in '98, I remember seeing quite a few of the Western themed sets still on store shelves but passed on nearly all of them. I have Fort Legoredo and Bandit's Secret Hideout though.

Ji'dai
12-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I saw the Construct-A-Buzz Toy Story set at TRU today. It builds Buzz Lightyear and comes with an Alien mini-fig, has 200 pieces and was priced at $27.

I've noticed that the local TRU has raised prices across the board on nearly all sets over the course of this week. Some were just $2 price increases, such as the smallest set in the new Atlantis theme that went from $6.99 to $8.99. But many other larger sets in a variety of themes jumped $5 or $10.

Ji'dai
12-12-2009, 12:28 PM
My TRU had nearly all the Toy Story sets out this morning. I didn't see the western one, Woody's Round-up though, which is probably for the best. I did buy 7595 Army Men on Patrol. It's got 90 pieces and cost $12.99. It builds four green army men, complete with detachable display stands, and an army jeep. I'd like to see these display stands in different colors.

Also saw two Ben 10 sets, which are really not more than constructable action figures, much like the ones in the defunct Galidor theme. They looked pretty neat and should appeal to fans of the show.

I saw several new Atlantis sets too. There was another sub, and a playset: 8061 Gateway of the Squid, which builds some ruins and features some Atlanteans (with octopus legs) and explorers. I bought the small impulse sets, which were still priced at MSRP, or $3.49. I fully expect those to go up in price after I post this. One of them has one of the new Atlantean mini-figs, Manta Warrior, and comes with a trident.

There were some new Town sets as well. I saw a 4-stud wide mini-car and a firefighting helicopter. The helicopter has a new element that makes up the nose of the chopper, giving it a more rounded realistic look. Also spotted a neat Seaplane for $11.99 (which I'm sure will also go up in price) and the new "House" set, Apple-tree House, which TRU wanted $45 for.

Some box pics:
Atlantis Impulse Sets & Army Men on Patrol (http://i48.tinypic.com/2rrrj93.jpg)
Army Men on Patrol (back) (http://i50.tinypic.com/zjf1wi.jpg)

figrin bran
12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
My TRU had nearly all the Toy Story sets out this morning. I didn't see the western one, Woody's Round-up though, which is probably for the best. I did buy 7595 Army Men on Patrol. It's got 90 pieces and cost $12.99. It builds four green army men, complete with detachable display stands, and an army jeep. I'd like to see these display stands in different colors.

Also saw two Ben 10 sets, which are really not more than constructable action figures, much like the ones in the defunct Galidor theme. They looked pretty neat and should appeal to fans of the show.

I saw several new Atlantis sets too. There was another sub, and a playset: 8061 Gateway of the Squid, which builds some ruins and features some Atlanteans (with octopus legs) and explorers. I bought the small impulse sets, which were still priced at MSRP, or $3.49. I fully expect those to go up in price after I post this. One of them has one of the new Atlantean mini-figs, Manta Warrior, and comes with a trident.

There were some new Town sets as well. I saw a 4-stud wide mini-car and a firefighting helicopter. The helicopter has a new element that makes up the nose of the chopper, giving it a more rounded realistic look. Also spotted a neat Seaplane for $11.99 (which I'm sure will also go up in price) and the new "House" set, Apple-tree House, which TRU wanted $45 for.

Some box pics:
Atlantis Impulse Sets & Army Men on Patrol (http://i48.tinypic.com/2rrrj93.jpg)
Army Men on Patrol (back) (http://i50.tinypic.com/zjf1wi.jpg)

I didn't see the Toy Story Western set at my TRU either. I did buy the Army men as well as the Snowtroopers and Hoth Soldiers pack.

LusiferSam
12-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Lego has sure come a long way. I remember hearing years ago the reason Lego didn't produce a lot of green bricks was keep kids from build militarily type creations. The Pirate line was originally quite controversial because of the flint lock muskets and pistons. Before Pirates guns of any type were a strict no no. Now greens of numerous shades are very comment brick colors, we have guns galore, and now Green Army Men.

I really like the way this set looks, I may have to pick up 2 or 3 copys. I almost never buy more than one copy of a set. But I loved army men as a kid and enjoyed them in first Toy Story.

DarkArtist
12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
spotted most of the new Star Wars sets today in TRU (TIE Defender, ARC-170, and Hoth troop builder sets)... didn't see the Freeco Speeder

picked up both Troop Builder sets as well as the new Mini Car for the City (looks like a Smart Car) and a mini Airport set (baggage claim cart and tourist).

sebillba
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
picked up both Troop Builder sets as well as the new Mini Car for the City (looks like a Smart Car)

I'd like to see that, as I have a Smart Car. What's the set number?

Ji'dai
12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
3177 Small Car (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3177-1)

Ando
12-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I picked up the LEGO Toy Story set with the 4 green army men and the Jeep and gave it to my wife last night as an early gift. She was DELIGHTED! She ripped it open and started in on it right away!

sebillba
12-17-2009, 01:51 PM
3177 Small Car (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3177-1)

Thanks! I have to get one of those!

DarkArtist
12-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks! I have to get one of those!

it's a great set actually... i picked it up because it reminded me a little of my car...the Honda Fit

Ji'dai
12-18-2009, 01:09 PM
I did buy 7595 Army Men on Patrol. It's got 90 pieces and cost $12.99. Toy Story Army Men is now $14.99 at my TRU.

I bought the small [ATLANTIS] impulse sets, which were still priced at MSRP, or $3.49. I fully expect those to go up in price after I post this. These sets have gone up to $4.99.

Also spotted a neat Seaplane for $11.99 (which I'm sure will also go up in price) Now $16.99...

The 3177 Small Car is now $6.99 and the Airport Traveller impulse set jumped to $4.99.

Ando
12-18-2009, 01:13 PM
$14.99 is what I paid for my Army Men on Patrol. I wish I'd gotten my butt to TRU sooner.

This week was a mess with 3 lunch appointments, so I haven't had a real chance to go to the TRU by my office at lunch time.

Ji'dai
12-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I'll probably pick up more of the Army Men but I'm gonna wait until Walmart or Kmart gets them in, hopefully at $10.99, which is MSRP on that set. Or I may just do all my shopping from LEGO Shop@Home.

Ji'dai
12-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Lego has sure come a long way. I remember hearing years ago the reason Lego didn't produce a lot of green bricks was keep kids from build militarily type creations. For me the turning point towards real military sets were the German army vehicles in the Indiana Jones theme, especially the Stuka in the Fighter Plane Attack. I never thought I'd see a fighter like that that wasn't an MOC.

LusiferSam
12-19-2009, 11:01 PM
For me the turning point towards real military sets were the German army vehicles in the Indiana Jones theme, especially the Stuka in the Fighter Plane Attack. I never thought I'd see a fighter like that that wasn't an MOC.

It's a Bf 109, not a Ju 87 Stuka. The Ju 87 Stuka was dive bomber and the Bf 109 was the front line German fighter at the time.

I think for the turning point was the release of the Western sets. Those western weapons look a lot like modern weapons. Today's real revolves and rifles aren't that different from those of the 1880's or 1890's. It's a small step from that to modern military figures.

I'd agree Indiana Jones was the point of no return. I found the Soviets in the Crystal Skull sets to the most complying sign of change. But the Green Army Men some how just seem like more of a major nexus, from my previous points.

Ji'dai
12-20-2009, 11:51 AM
The Bf 109 was a single seat fighter though. The Ju 87 is a two-seater and the canopy looks like the one in the set. Plus in the movie it dive bombs the car with Indy & Henry so I assumed it was a Stuka.

The Pirates and Western themes are practically ancient history and the violence of those eras has become romanticized to a great degree. So much so that I think people tend to be more tolerable of realistic pistols and rifles in those sets. Even the tommy guns that came out a few years ago were a surprise, though those too come from an romanticized era of gangsters and g-men.

After LEGO released that German fighter I really wondered if a Last Crusade tank could be that far off. Planes and cars are one thing, but a tank might be pushing the envelope.

LusiferSam
12-20-2009, 08:19 PM
The Bf 109 was a single seat fighter though. The Ju 87 is a two-seater and the canopy looks like the one in the set. Plus in the movie it dive bombs the car with Indy & Henry so I assumed it was a Stuka.
The Germans liked all of their planes to have dive bombing capabilities, from the smallest fighters to the largest bombers. The Ju 87 has very distinct fixed landing gear. The wings are also quite distinctive. I can't remember what type of planes was actually used in the filming of the Last Crusade, but it's a single seat fighter made up to look like an early Bf 109.

Planes and cars are one thing, but a tank might be pushing the envelope.
What the AAT doesn't count as a tank? :p That would be a great set. Even a small tank would be fun. I think that would be my number one pick of a new Indy set right now. After the motorcycle chase, the tank scene clearly one of the more iconic scenes from the Last Crusade.

Ji'dai
12-20-2009, 08:31 PM
What the AAT doesn't count as a tank? :p I knew you would bring up the Star Wars tanks. There have been, what, at least two so far... the AAT and the Republic Fighter Tank. Star Wars is a fantasy universe though and those vehicles are representative of that. I don't think LEGO would do a modern military tank.

That would be a great set. Even a small tank would be fun. I think that would be my number one pick of a new Indy set right now. After the motorcycle chase, the tank scene clearly one of the more iconic scenes from the Last Crusade. I'd have loved to see the Last Crusade tank done as a set! LEGO could still do one and make it a limited edition Shop@Home exclusive. Doubt we'll see any more Indy sets though.

DarkArtist
12-24-2009, 10:24 AM
i still don't understand why Hasbro is against military sets. i mean we now have sets with soliders with semi-realistic weapons (Indy), we have the green army men set for Toy Story which would make a cool set to customize, we have fighter planes from the Indyy set....all that remains is perhaps tanks, hummers and perhaps more fighter jets, and maybe even some naval stuff.

LusiferSam
12-24-2009, 06:44 PM
i still don't understand why Hasbro is against military sets.

:confused: Hasbro? :confused: Hasbro makes GI Joe. How much more pro military could you get? Do you mean LEGO? Lego was against military sets and other "violent" themes as one of the Christiansens saw it non-constructive play. Lego has always tried to encourage constructive play.

DarkArtist
12-28-2009, 11:46 AM
:confused: Hasbro? :confused: Hasbro makes GI Joe. How much more pro military could you get? Do you mean LEGO? Lego was against military sets and other "violent" themes as one of the Christiansens saw it non-constructive play. Lego has always tried to encourage constructive play.

sorry i meant Lego.. was typing this while talking to someone about Hasbro. i would really love to see Lego tackle more military theme sets.

Ji'dai
12-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I found the Toy Story set Woody's Roundup! at Walmart this morning. It was $50 for 502 pieces and comes with Woody, Woody's girl Jessie, Woody's horse Bullseye, and the grizzled prospector Stinky Pete, all completely new mini-figures. I plan on building it tomorrow.

Also saw the Army Men at WM too, for the nice price of $10.97. These two sets are really the only must-haves for me in this theme right now. There's going to be a western train set in 2010 that I want in a really bad way. I think it's one of the Toy Story 3 movie releases.

Darth Metalmute
01-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I picked up the RC car with Woody and Buzz. Nice set and has a moter. I want to pick up Buzz's ship next.

Ji'dai
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I saw that one. Relatively inexpensive set and a good way to get both Woody and Buzz. I was wondering if the car had a pull-back motor.

DarkArtist
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I picked up the RC car with Woody and Buzz. Nice set and has a moter. I want to pick up Buzz's ship next.

this is the one set besides the Army Men that I want. hoping to get it within a few weeks...trying to start budgeting my cash more wisely and really don't want to start blowing all my money right away. going to hold off awhile on the buying and just try to catch up on the last 2 waves of the Legacy line for now. i have a feeling that once Toy Story 3 comes out the market will be flooded with the earlier sets as well as the new sets for the movie.

Darth Metalmute
01-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I saw the TIE defender on Lego.com for 10 dollars cheeper than any store I've been too. I haven't checked the other sets, but anyone else finding this?

Ji'dai
01-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I found all the new 2010 Star Wars releases at Walmart on christmas eve. Here are the prices I paid at Walmart:

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack -- $10.96
8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack -- $10.96
8085 Freeco Speeder -- $24.97
8086 Droid Tri-Fighter -- $24.97
8087 TIE Defender -- $49.97
8088 ARC-170 Starfighter -- $59.94
8092 Luke's Landspeeder -- $24.97

I don't have 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder yet. It's a LEGO Shop exclusive and retails for $30.

Ando
01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I found all the new 2010 Star Wars releases at Walmart on christmas eve. Here are the prices I paid at Walmart:

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack -- $10.96
8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack -- $10.96
8085 Freeco Speeder -- $24.97
8086 Droid Tri-Fighter -- $24.97
8087 TIE Defender -- $49.97
8088 ARC-170 Starfighter -- $59.94
8092 Luke's Landspeeder -- $24.97

I don't have 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder yet. It's a LEGO Shop exclusive and retails for $30.

I'm skipping the Droid Tri Fighter and the TIE Defender, but I've gotten or will get everything else here. 8091 and 8092 are yet to be seen, but I haven't been to the LEGO shop in our mall since before the New Year.

Ji'dai
01-06-2010, 09:53 PM
No love for the TIE Defender or just not into EU, Ando? I can understand the indifference about the Droid Tri Fighter, and maybe even the ARC-170, which looks a lot like the previous version. If you got the Tri-Fighter and ARC (plus the Republic Swamp Speeder) during their ROTS movie release, I suppose there's really no reason to buy them again, other than to fleet build.

Who here has purchased the new Star Wars battlepacks? Do you like them? I have two Snowtrooper packs and one Rebel Trooper pack. I wish the Snowtrooper pack was all Snowtroopers personally. Still, it's not a bad army builder, what with the speederbike and the other two figs - the AT-AT Driver and Imp Officer.

The Rebel Trooper pack is okay, three troopers and a pilot (Zev Senesca). If I army build this pack I dunno what I'm going to do with all those pilot Zevs. I like the Hoth Rebel helmets though with the two-position attachment points for the goggles. That's a great feature. The vehicle is very weak, IMO. It reminds me more of a zamboni than a battle tank.

Darth Metalmute
01-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Who here has purchased the new Star Wars battlepacks? Do you like them? I have two Snowtrooper packs and one Rebel Trooper pack. I wish the Snowtrooper pack was all Snowtroopers personally. Still, it's not a bad army builder, what with the speederbike and the other two figs - the AT-AT Driver and Imp Officer.

I agree, it's disappointing that you only get 2 snowtroopers. I love the new design of the speeder bike. I haven't opened my Endor pack but I hope its the same design. I will look to periodically pick up multiples of this set up.

The Rebel Trooper pack is okay, three troopers and a pilot (Zev Senesca). If I army build this pack I dunno what I'm going to do with all those pilot Zevs. I like the Hoth Rebel helmets though with the two-position attachment points for the goggles. That's a great feature. The vehicle is very weak, IMO. It reminds me more of a zamboni than a battle tank.

I don't see why they couldn't have put a small turret like the one in last years hoth base in this set. The vehicle seems like a waste of pieces. Like the figures though.

Ji'dai
01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree, it's disappointing that you only get 2 snowtroopers. I love the new design of the speeder bike. I haven't opened my Endor pack but I hope its the same design. I will look to periodically pick up multiples of this set up. I was thinking they were exactly the same, but the bikes are different. The difference is in the minor details. They are similar in general construction, as both use the Town motorcycle chassis as the motor housing/seat.

I don't see why they couldn't have put a small turret like the one in last years hoth base in this set. The vehicle seems like a waste of pieces. Like the figures though. I think the turret set (Echo Base) is still in production so they probably didn't want to make this new Bp too similar or it would hurt sales of the more expensive set. I would've been fine with another radar/laser dish cannon instead of the Rebel zamboni. What would have been really cool would have been modular trench sections. The more packs you buy, the longer the trench you could assemble. Add some big blaster cannons and hoses and stuff and that would have been killer.

Darth Metalmute
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
What would have been really cool would have been modular trench sections. The more packs you buy, the longer the trench you could assemble. Add some big blaster cannons and hoses and stuff and that would have been killer.

Now that would have been great. I really hope they are not done with the hth sets as I have found that so far, there is alot to be desired. Both the Toys R Us exclusive and the Hoth Base set are too small for my liking. I know they are probably thing, why would you want more white pieces, but I do.
Ion canon, shield generator, dish gun, etc... These are all needed.

Ando
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
No love for the TIE Defender or just not into EU, Ando? I can understand the indifference about the Droid Tri Fighter, and maybe even the ARC-170, which looks a lot like the previous version. If you got the Tri-Fighter and ARC (plus the Republic Swamp Speeder) during their ROTS movie release, I suppose there's really no reason to buy them again, other than to fleet build.

No, I just don't like the design on the TIE Defender. I will probably pick up the Droid Tri Fighter for my wife since she's collecting the CIS/Droid Army/Sep. stuff and I am collecting the Republic sets.

I got the ARC-170 because I missed out the first time around. It's only been a year since I started playing with LEGO's again after 20+ years.

LusiferSam
01-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Well I made a trip to my local Wal-Mart and Target today. What a total waste of time. Wal-Mart looks like it's getting ready put out the '10 sets, but is first waiting to clear out more of the '09. Target had the new out. I saw some Ben 10 stuff (yuck) and Toy Story sets (Build-a-Buzz and Buzz's Starship). But they were totally wiped out. I have more sets in my bedrooms than Target had on they shelves. :mad: All I can say is thank goodness for S@H.

DarkArtist
01-08-2010, 09:36 AM

so want the TIE Defender...perhaps one of my favorite EU ships to date.

I too bought both the Rebel and Imperial army packs and agree that the new helmets for the Rebels look great but agree that I would rather an additional trooper instead of Zev. really want to build these up but not sure what to do as well with the extra Zev's. Love the Imperial pack never got the Lego AT-AT so to finally have an AT-AT driver is a real treat. love the speeder bike but the small rocket launch base with the Imperial set is a let down as well.

LusiferSam
01-08-2010, 11:56 AM
The vehicle is very weak, IMO. It reminds me more of a zamboni than a battle tank.

You know what it reminds me of? A cross between the MLC-3 (http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39674) and PDT-8 (http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39673). Lego's EU designs I always find to be rather weak.

odinson
01-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Lego's EU designs I always find to be rather weak.

I thought the same thing seeing this at first, but it turns out that it's actually from the movie. Albeit only seen for a half second in the Hoth hangar: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/54/EchoBaseHangar.jpg

There it is on the far left.

Ji'dai
01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Now that would have been great. I really hope they are not done with the hth sets as I have found that so far, there is alot to be desired. Both the Toys R Us exclusive and the Hoth Base set are too small for my liking. I know they are probably thing, why would you want more white pieces, but I do.
Ion canon, shield generator, dish gun, etc... These are all needed. No, I don't think it's odd to want more Hoth playsets. I'd buy a large scale Echo Base environment. LEGO released that fantastic Death Star (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10188) playset to coincide with the 30th anniversary of ANH, so why not something as equally ambitious for Empire's 30th? Since we've already gotten a lot of small Hoth pieces so far (not to mention the Wampa attack coming this summer), I think a giant Cloud City playset might be more probable.

You know what it reminds me of? A cross between the MLC-3 (http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39674) and PDT-8 (http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39673). Lego's EU designs I always find to be rather weak. I still have both of those Mini-Rigs and I thought it did look similar to the MLC-3 as well. You could probably build a pretty fair copy of the MLC-3 out of LEGO right down to the bubble canopy and it would beat the battle pack vehicle hands down.

I thought the same thing seeing this at first, but it turns out that it's actually from the movie. Albeit only seen for a half second in the Hoth hangar: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/54/EchoBaseHangar.jpg There it is on the far left. Wow, good eye, I never would have noticed that. It's still a crummy vehicle though, which is probably why it was never seen in action!

Darth Metalmute
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm not so sure we will see another Cloud City set after the last one they did.
Although that one wasn't bad it was a little small for my liking.
If they do decide on Cloud City, I hope they go the route of the Jabba's Palace sets and do multilpe sets on a big scale that can connect.

Ji'dai
01-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I was thinking along the lines of a multi-level super playset that would cost about $400, come with 20+ figures, and be similar to the System Death Star. On the bottom would be the scrap smelter with Ugnaughts, the next level would have the detention cells and torture room, then the carbon freezing chamber and central core for the lightsaber duel, and on the top level the dining hall, visitor quarters, Lando's office, and a cloud car hangar.

Darth Metalmute
01-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Actually, that sounds cool.
Two landing platforms, the complete lightsaber battle rooms, hallways, etc. I would get that. Of corse I said I would get the death star and I don't have that yet.... yet.

LusiferSam
01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I was thinking along the lines of a multi-level super playset that would cost about $400, come with 20+ figures, and be similar to the System Death Star. On the bottom would be the scrap smelter with Ugnaughts, the next level would have the detention cells and torture room, then the carbon freezing chamber and central core for the lightsaber duel, and on the top level the dining hall, visitor quarters, Lando's office, and a cloud car hangar.

I highly doubt Lego is going to revisit Cloud City anytime soon. A large set like that would be cool. In order to work the set would need to be mushroom shaped, a "narrow" base and then large level followed by progressively smaller. I know it would be a bit unstable, but a, you would have the general shape of Cloud City and b, that would create a space for some weather vanes for Luke to hang off.

As for rooms and levels, I see the need for four level, like the Death Star. Top level I see like Ji'dai, dining hall (with a big table), visitor quarters, and an office of Lando. I'm luke warm on the hangar idea. Also hall ways would be nice. I don't think they would work in the given space, but maybe.

The heart of any Cloud City/Bespin set is the Carbon Freezing Chamber. In order to do this any justice it would need to take of two levels. Lego's first crack at the freezing chamber was a joke. It would be better if the figure being "frozen" disappeared. 10123 was just awful at this. I think if we had something the figure was lowered into and was rotated, then raised back up as the block.

In terms of the duel scene most of the areas are doable, but they wouldn't be able to connect to each as in the movie. The window and gantry scenes weren't too bad in 10123. But there is room for improvement. If window was placed on the third level it be a piece of cake to chuck Luke it and likely have him land on the gantry. And the gantry was be great because there would be all this empty space below, rather than just resting on the table.

Ando
01-11-2010, 10:57 AM

YES! This is exactly what I was envisioning myself!!! That would be so cool!

Darth Metalmute
01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Just got my TIE Defender from LEGO.com. I was able to put it together in under 30 minutes. As far as a lego set is, it's not too bad. The bonus stormtrooper is a plus. The wings (cockpit) rotate and it fires 6 flick missles. I don't care for the rotation and will probably look to lock it in place using "extra" pieces.

As a 60 dollar lego set however, it is a disappointment. It's very small in size (not compared to the other TIE's but for the cost) and easy to build. It seems high at 0.16 cents per block when even Star Wars sets are 0.10 to 0.13. (and thats only if you find it at the retail price of 49.99 instead of the 59.99 I've seen around) I would have hoped for at least 2 stormtroopers or a EU commander (Pellaeon?) at that price.

All in all, if I could do it again, I would still buy the set at the price due to how nice the set is. But at that price, I will not fleet build, which I have done with TIE's in the past.

Ji'dai
01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
I highly doubt Lego is going to revisit Cloud City anytime soon. A large set like that would be cool. In order to work the set would need to be mushroom shaped, a "narrow" base and then large level followed by progressively smaller. I know it would be a bit unstable, but a, you would have the general shape of Cloud City and b, that would create a space for some weather vanes for Luke to hang off.

As for rooms and levels, I see the need for four level, like the Death Star. Top level I see like Ji'dai, dining hall (with a big table), visitor quarters, and an office of Lando. I'm luke warm on the hangar idea. Also hall ways would be nice. I don't think they would work in the given space, but maybe.

The heart of any Cloud City/Bespin set is the Carbon Freezing Chamber. In order to do this any justice it would need to take of two levels. Lego's first crack at the freezing chamber was a joke. It would be better if the figure being "frozen" disappeared. 10123 was just awful at this. I think if we had something the figure was lowered into and was rotated, then raised back up as the block.

In terms of the duel scene most of the areas are doable, but they wouldn't be able to connect to each as in the movie. The window and gantry scenes weren't too bad in 10123. But there is room for improvement. If window was placed on the third level it be a piece of cake to chuck Luke it and likely have him land on the gantry. And the gantry was be great because there would be all this empty space below, rather than just resting on the table. I figured it wouldn't be spherical like the Death Star. Designing it so that it approximated the shape of Cloud City would be a challenge and would probably make it more expensive. Though it might be worth another $100 if it did. I think it would be very pleasing to look at just based on the city's color scheme. The Death Star is a bit dull with all that gray.

I really liked the modular design and action features of the vintage Kenner MicroCollection Bespin playsets and I would've liked to see LEGO do something similar instead of what we got in 10123. That set looked like something a kid would build; all those rooms crammed together in a long line.

DarkArtist
01-14-2010, 01:30 PM
i gotta say for Christmas I got the Lego Indiana Jones 2 game for Wii and the game is really cool. been playing the Crystal Skull levels so far but it got me thinking. i wonder if Lego will revist the line with new sets based on the game. some of the vehicles from the cutscenes are amazing. they re-did the opening of KOTCS and made mock-ups of the Military car as well as the hot-rod. would love to see a set like this.

Ji'dai
01-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I got that game for christmas and haven't had time to play it yet. LEGO has done System hot rods similar to the one in the film, a long time ago. I have the Hot Rod Club (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6561) from '94. The closest we get these days to classic hot rods is the Racers line, which aren't mini-fig scale. I got this one (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8641) in 2005.

DarkArtist
01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
I got that game for christmas and haven't had time to play it yet. LEGO has done System hot rods similar to the one in the film, a long time ago. I have the Hot Rod Club (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6561) from '94. The closest we get these days to classic hot rods is the Racers line, which aren't mini-fig scale. I got this one (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8641) in 2005.

I have the Hot Rod club..one of my favorites of all time. just missing on piece on the shop itself. but i gotta say i just wish Lego would give us some of their creations from the games as well... some of the Indy stuff as well as Star Wars stuff is awesome.

LusiferSam
01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
But at that price, I will not fleet build, which I have done with TIE's in the past.

Are there any rare or unique elements? Since you've got the instruction all you really need are the parts to build more. If it's mostly common brick you should be able to most of the parts in bulk from PAB or a place like Bricklink. The pilot will be hard to get cheap.

Well I finally got my first '10 sets. Friday my Imperial Flagship arrived. Sadly I couldn't start building it until Sunday because I was out camping. Not a bad build. It took a little over 4 hours to sort and build it. My major complainants are very minor and would be very easy to fix (another letter or two, crane arm and more rigging).

What I didn't like was the instructions. The colors are totally messed up. Black elements should be shown as BLACK, not gray. Lego has had this one messed up for years. The Technic pins were shown as black. So why can't the rest of the black pieces be that color? And dark brown is too dark. Lighten up the browns and darken black, that's all I'd ask for.

Then yesterday I found the Green Army Men. I was at Target helping my mom when I saw some of the Toy Story sets. So I bought two. Fun little set. I'll have to buy at least two more. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
01-21-2010, 10:20 PM
The TIE Crawler was like $50 too, which made it too expensive to fleet build. Plus it was a Target exclusive so I had to order it from Shop@Home in order to get one. I like the TIE Defender though and might consider getting additional copies if I see them on clearance (fat chance).

I had some TRU coupons that had to be used before the end of the month and fortunately my local store was in the process of restocking shelves this morning. I bought the Creator Apple Tree House ($10 off) and the TRU exclusive Republic Swamp Speeder (15% off). Both sets were priced at MSRP, which is why I bought them.

Though I noticed that TRU has moderated their prices on LEGO since the fantastical mark-up I saw before Christmas. Prices on some sets have dropped significantly since last month. Hopefully this will be the norm.

Ji'dai
02-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Check out this new modular building that will be available on the 17th:

10211 Grand Emporium (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10211&cn=245&d=100)

This department store has fewer pieces than the Green Grocer ($150) so I wonder if the price will be less. I can't wait to get it! I always learn new building methods when I assemble these sets. This one has got a revolving door, curved awnings over the windows, a chandelier inside, and even a window washer!

Ando
02-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey, that's pretty neat! I like the mannequin display with the faceless minifigures in the wedding dress and tuxedo. That was a pretty clever idea.

I wish I had room for sets like this!

DarthQuack
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I really like all those new upscale town sets.

Darth Metalmute
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I really like them too. I wish I could afford them, but in order to buy them, I would half to switch from buying Star Wars legos to these.

Just picked up the Swamp Speeder. Nice little set. Great deal at TRU. Got it for 20 with my 2 five dollar off coupons.

LusiferSam
02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Check out this new modular building that will be available on the 17th:

10211 Grand Emporium (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10211&cn=245&d=100)

This department store has fewer pieces than the Green Grocer ($150) so I wonder if the price will be less. I can't wait to get it! I always learn new building methods when I assemble these sets. This one has got a revolving door, curved awnings over the windows, a chandelier inside, and even a window washer!

Dang! Now I really wish I hadn't missed Market Street (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10190). I still need the Fire Brigade (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10197) (I'll try and pick it up this month). I guess we know how big the city blocks are now. Lego has really pulled out all the stops with this sets. Event with the empty interior Cafe Corner is highly impressive.

Price. Mini-figures trumps piece count when it comes to price. With seven mini-figures it might be more then the Green Grocer or Fire Brigade. Both of those have 4 mini-figures and are with in 100 pieces of each other.

Ji'dai
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm hoping that the extra mini-figs won't push the price up too much. They're just generic townspeople and not licensed characters.

I was trying to figure out why the Imperial Flagship (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10210&cn=554&d=70) cost so much (1,664 pieces; $180). It's got 9 figures, but surely it's the masts, sails, and rigging that makes it cost more. How is hull constructed?

LusiferSam
02-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Maybe. About 200 less elements, but 3 more mini-figures plus a little inflation might equal out. I still say mini-figure count trumps all.

The Imperial Flagship has more than a thousand more pieces than Brickbeard's Bounty (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6243), which a $100. Basically that those two extra mini-figures and 1,000 parts are about $80 following that logic, not a bad deal. I don't think the sails or masts have a huge effect the price. I will say the yardarms are each have a high piece count (mostly Technic axles and connectors). The hull is the same are Brickbeard's Bounty, but with 4 mid sections rather than 2. The bow and stern are those new sections rather than the old.

DarkArtist
02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
was reading over at ToyArk.com that Harry Potter is possible making a comeback to Lego form this year..i guess to go along with the upcoming Lego Harry Potter Game. wonder what sets they will re-release or redo or iof there are going to be new sets based on Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince ?

also read that there is a Hoth Wampa Cave coming for the Star Wars line along with a redo or re-release of the Turbo Tank. hopefully some cool sets will be revealed at Toy Fair this year.

Ji'dai
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Here are pics of the Summer Star Wars releases:

Hoth Wampa Cave
Plo Koon's Starfighter
General Grievous Starfighter

Ji'dai
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
More...

Palpatine's Shuttle
Slave I
Clone Turbo Tank

Ando
02-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Thank you for the report, Ji'dai!

"WANT" "WANT" "WANT"

"WANT" "WANT" "WANT"

Darth Metalmute
02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Dang them and putting Cad Bane in with the Turbo Tank.
Although that does look like a much better Turbo tank.

Slave I looks like a rehash with new mini-figs. New Carbonite?

The emperors shuttle looks bigger than the Imperial shuttle.

Is that the MonCal in the Grevious ship?

Great find Ji'dai!

LusiferSam
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Ok I know how this is going to sound before I post, but I need to say it anyway. It's been grating on me for weeks now.

There's 2010 SW Lego thread for discussions for SW sets. All of this info has been for months. These latest photos aren't in that thread although. In the past we have had one thread of SW sets and one for non SW sets. I started this thread to be the non SW one. If people don't want to follow that any more let's get a mod to merge the threads.

Ji'dai
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I stole those SW pics from From Bricks to Bothans.net back in December, when they were first posted over there. I posted a link to the pics in the other thread LusiferSam mentioned, but it didn't generate a lot of interest at the time. Maybe the title of that SW thread needs to be changed to make it clearer and stand out more.

---

Here is a list of the Harry Potter sets that are coming this year:

4736 Dobby's Release
4737 Quidditch Lesson
4738 Hagrid's Hut
4840 The Burrows
4841 Hogwart's Express
4842 Hogwart's Castle

It's kinda like a greatest hits selection that offers a good represention of the entire series.

Ji'dai
02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
This German site (http://spieletest.at/bericht.php?ID=775) has video and pics of new stuff coming out this year. Scroll down to the bottom and check out all the new mini-figures that are coming. Roman Legionnaires, a vampire, a Mexican wearing a serape and sombrero, an afro hairpeice...

LusiferSam
02-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Eurobricks has some new photos of this year's Castle sets (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38496). Kingdoms (the name of the line) appears to more in line with the '80s Lion Knights vs Black Falcon than the more recent lines. There's some cool new elements. I can see an Ivanhoe type helmet, unicorn style horse helmets, a new portcullis and some type of spiky ball. My wallet already is feeling thin just looking at these photos.

sebillba
02-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Got some great Valentines gifts today - three Lego Toy Story sets! RC with Buzz and Woody, Green Army Men and Build-a-Buzz. Just finished putting together the big Buzz - a nice, fun piece. I'm really pleased with all of them, but for me, it's all about the minifigs.

I like the soldiers a lot, but Buzz, Woody and Alien are totally unique, and the real highlights for me. I was surprised (and a little disappointed) that Woody's hat is not removable (this is Lego, after all, hats always come off!!!), and I was hoping Buzz's head would be made up of two different coloured plastics for the cowl and face, but his face is painted on (one of my pet hates in any action figures) - despite that, these are among my favourite minifigs ever!!

I'm not so bothered about the Build-a-Zurg, but I want to get the other sets, particularly Woody's Round-up... I was looking at it the other day in TRU, but couldn't quite justify dropping 40 on it, so I'll wait till I get some TRU coupons. However, I won the Star Command set on ebay today, and saved myself a few quid on that one.

Ji'dai
02-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I like the soldiers a lot, but Buzz, Woody and Alien are totally unique, and the real highlights for me. I was surprised (and a little disappointed) that Woody's hat is not removable (this is Lego, after all, hats always come off!!!), and I was hoping Buzz's head would be made up of two different coloured plastics for the cowl and face, but his face is painted on (one of my pet hates in any action figures) - despite that, these are among my favourite minifigs ever!! I was disappointed that the hats weren't removable too. I have the Army Men and Woody's Roundup. The prospector in the Roundup has the coolest hat, but it's molded to his head.

I'm not so bothered about the Build-a-Zurg, but I want to get the other sets, particularly Woody's Round-up... I was looking at it the other day in TRU, but couldn't quite justify dropping 40 on it, so I'll wait till I get some TRU coupons. However, I won the Star Command set on ebay today, and saved myself a few quid on that one. I want the little aliens so I'll watch for a sale on the Build-a-Zurg and Build-a-Buzz. The Toy Story 3 sets look really neat, especially the old west train (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4364118559_04d24400c0_o.jpg). Hopefully it can be modified to use a 9V motor.

LusiferSam
02-19-2010, 07:36 PM
I want the little aliens so I'll watch for a sale on the Build-a-Zurg and Build-a-Buzz. The Toy Story 3 sets look really neat, especially the old west train (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4364118559_04d24400c0_o.jpg). Hopefully it can be modified to use a 9V motor.

Yeah, I want the little aliens too. I just checked Bricklink for the current going price, minimum is $10. Hopefully they come with some other set besides Build-a-Buzz and Zurg because I have no interest in either set beyond the aliens.

As for the train, the engine is too small to house any of the current motors. But the next car looks like it could be rebuilt with a 9V train motor. I don't know how big an issue it is to push one of the car rather than pulling all of them.

sebillba
02-20-2010, 01:41 AM
The Old West Train looks great, shame there's only one new fig, but I guess it's inevitable we'll get Buzz and Woody in just about every set. Have you got links to the other TS3 sets? I checked BrickLink and Brickset, but couldn't find any. Hopefully we'll get a set with multiple aliens!!

I got my Command Centre this week, not built it yet, but released the minifigs straight away. Zurg is pretty cool, but the paint on Buzz's face is uneven and lumpy - one of the main reasons I hate painted faces. Good job I've already got a nice one.

Ji'dai
02-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Nice big image of Lotso's Dump Truck (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4364118587_913ea5b4eb_o.jpg). I don't normally buy construction vehicles, but I like the look of this truck.

I assume this is the set Disney doesn't want you to see (at least not yet, anyway).

Trash Compactor Escape (box) (http://i50.tinypic.com/14ppnn.jpg)
Trash Compactor Escape (http://i47.tinypic.com/72qges.jpg)

They consider it a possible spoiler.

LusiferSam
02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Bricklink almost never has photos of unreleased sets. Brickset is more likely to have links to other sites with news or photos. Eurobricks is pretty good for news and photos. And FBTB frequently is one of the first sites to have new photos.

Speaking of FBTB, here's a better of photo of the mini figure collection (http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/14/collectible-minifig-packs-no-show-toy-fair/). I'm still not sure what this set is going to be like, but it looks cool. In addition to the Roman and Disco Stu we have Pam, Brittaney, King Tut, John Q. Lawman, Bruce (or maybe it's Chuck), the Wicket Which of the West, a ring master, a cross country ski (don't believe me, look at the length those sticks), a mime and more.

sebillba
02-21-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks for posting those TS3 sets - can't say I'm overly excited about either... Lego have done plenty of dumper trucks in the past, and the whole conveyor belt thing has been done to death in films - but I'm sure Pixar will put a new spin on it. At the moment, I'm just wanting a loose Ham, and probably a loose Lotso - I'm guessing he's the new baddie, though he looks kind of familiar. Good to see two more aliens in this set, so the loose prices might come down on those guys.

Ji'dai
02-21-2010, 08:39 AM
The dump truck is a lot like a classic Tonka truck so I'll probably get one. It also appears smaller in scale than the giant construction vehicles LEGO has been making - always a plus on the already crowded road plates of a classic Town layout.

LusiferSam
02-22-2010, 12:01 AM
A lot of the classic Tonka trucks are pretty generic looking. While I'm sure that's what the dump truck is meant to be, there is no way on Earth Hasbro would Lego release one of their toys in brick form. I think it would be fun to Lego Mr Potato Head or Barbie (mini figure, not Belville), but those just aren't in the cards.

Ji'dai
02-26-2010, 07:18 AM
I got a e-mail flyer from Kmart with a small ad (http://i45.tinypic.com/2igkoya.jpg) for the LEGO board games tacked on the bottom. These should be available beginning next week.

LusiferSam
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I've known for quite a while the folks are Lego are highly creative and can frequently beat the AFOL community when let off the leash. And something they can even have a sense of humor. Rarely do I see the two together in official sets.

So I was over at Eurobricks and saw a review of the Grand Emporium. (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39390) While reading it I saw this photo of the box back. (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2722/4401858183_18b9fb6062_o.jpg) Look at the upper right corner. I've never seen anything like this out of Lego before, but it's great. It's just risque enough, not too over the top or juvenile.

Ando
03-05-2010, 06:13 PM
HA!

Tht's hilarious!

DarkArtist
03-07-2010, 02:23 PM
stopped by Target the other day and was able to get the last of the Lego Star Wars Easter offering... picked up 1 X-Wing and 1 Republic Attack Shuttle. the X-Wing is a large improvement over what has come out before and the Attack Shuttle is a nice addition to the series...

really wish that Target could get the rights to do some of the exclusive Lego Club sets like the Turbo Tank, Republic Star Destroyer and the new mini sets with mini-scaled figures. (as seen in the Lego Visual Dictionary)

figrin bran
03-08-2010, 11:44 PM
I had been searching every local Target for those Easter Republic Shuttle and X-wing sets and finally found them this past Saturday. I only bought the shuttle though as I wanted to hear from others about the X-Wing.

Hopefully all my local stores will get these in soon because the shelf tags have been there but they've put easter eggs in there instead.

DarkArtist
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I had been searching every local Target for those Easter Republic Shuttle and X-wing sets and finally found them this past Saturday. I only bought the shuttle though as I wanted to hear from others about the X-Wing.

Hopefully all my local stores will get these in soon because the shelf tags have been there but they've put easter eggs in there instead.

I like the X-Wing..it's a major improvement over the first release of the ship and looks a little more realistic with the addition of the metallic stud for the R2 unit and clear piece for the canopy. not sure if it was released like this previously. I only have the first version that came with Vader's TIE and this one.

LusiferSam
03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I finally found the Target Easter sets. I was starting to worry about not getting this sets, again. I think I know why I couldn't have these last year. I think I was looking for dark colored bags when they were light colored. I'd agree the X-Wing is great. Huge improvement over 4484 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4484).

ncbarrett
03-23-2010, 07:09 AM
I actually have one of each ship in case someone who wants one cant find them.

LusiferSam
03-26-2010, 03:17 PM
I got my Spring S@H catalog Saturday and an e-mail this morning. Major news, the Prince of Persia sets are now available at S@H (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=632&d=70&ShipTo=US).

LusiferSam
06-02-2010, 04:02 PM
S@H has the Collectible Mini-Figures (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8683&cn=634&d=70) available for those of us the live in the US and Canada (finally). The good news that you're limited to 5 per customer. So I've got my five ordered and I'm now weighting to see what I get. It seems Lego has grossly miscalculated how popular these were going to be. They're sold out in every other country's S@H site. And limiting customers to five when the goal is clearly get the collector to buy all 16 is just stupid. For the short term I might have my parents, sister and her boyfriend buy some to boost my numbers (and odds).

In the mean time the new Kingdoms (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=640&d=70) line is out and Lego Universe (http://shop.lego.com/Promotion/Default.aspx?Universe) is a available for preorder.

DarkArtist
06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
stopped by TRU yesterday and grabbed another 7 of the figures. I got 1 Cheerleader, 1 Clown, 1 Ninja, 1 Wrestler, 1 Magician , 1 EMT and 1 Indian.

still looking for the skateboarder, spaceman, zombie, and the diver, Robin Hood and Cowboy...also still want another 5 cheerleaders for a small display.

sebillba
06-10-2010, 06:24 AM
I've just picked up 16 sealed minifigs... unfortunately, my other half insists I wait till my birthday at the end of the month before I open them. No doubt I will get plenty of doubles from this lot, so will be looking for trades... I will offer them up here first, but are there any other good sites trading these little guys?

sebillba
06-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Ok, I opened up my minifigures today, got a few good'uns, including the spaceman and robot :D but out of 16 packs, half were doubles, so not a great success rate.

Here's my doubles:

Cowboy x3
Zombie x2
Ninja x2
Clown

And here's what I still need:

Native American
Cheerleader
Caveman
Skateboarder
Wrestler
Nurse
Robin Hood
Scuba Diver

Anyone wanna trade??

sebillba
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
** Update **

I now just have two doubles:

Cowboy
Clown

And just need:

Robin Hood
Skateboarder

gba88
07-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Don't know if anyone watches this forum much anymore... but...TRU has had the new slave I and wampa set in stock for about a week now.

AFCollector
07-24-2010, 10:34 AM
I just checked and they have all the new SW sets, Slave I, Wampa, Plo Koon's fighter and the Turbo Tank.

Put my order in today. :D

Darth Metalmute
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
I know this isn't the Star Wars lego thread, but I couldn't find the new one for that.

Target.com has the exclusive Cad Bane Speeder set online and in stock.

DarkArtist
07-30-2010, 07:25 AM
spotted all the 2010 SW Lego sets at TRU in East Brunswick yesterday afternoon...they have a huge display up at the Customer Service desk.

also in the section where the Lego is they have a lifesize sculpture of Captain Rex built out of Lego...it looks awesome.