PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Geonosis Assault Battle Pack

Scackmgackm
10-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't know if this fits under the Clone Wars line, I suspect not, but it's the right subject matter...

Has anyone seen any of these yet?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87990

I really want to know whether those gun pods really do fit onto the sides of the ORIGINAL gunship release from Attack of the Clones. I could also use some more Ep II-era pilots.

Old Fossil
10-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't know if this fits under the Clone Wars line, I suspect not, but it's the right subject matter...

Has anyone seen any of these yet?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87990

I really want to know whether those gun pods really do fit onto the sides of the ORIGINAL gunship release from Attack of the Clones. I could also use some more Ep II-era pilots.

I saw one a week or so ago, at TRU; but did not buy it.

Snowtrooper
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I've never seen one in the store, but I ordered one from HTS a little while back. The ball turret is pretty well done and looks great attached to the ship. I was worried that it would be so huge that it would look odd, but thats not the case. Its a little bit cramped for the gunner inside the turret, but after a little fiddling around, it looks good in there. It does suck that you have to buy two sets to get a turret for each side when they could have packaged two to begin with. I guess Hasbro can sell more figures this way. :rolleyes:

DarkJedi5
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I scored one in the store and ordered my second online from HTS. The one I saw in stores was probably a month ago (or longer) and haven't seen another since. Considering how many people have multiple gunships and each would need two, these will probably stay pretty scarce at least for a while.

El Chuxter
10-26-2009, 01:40 PM
It does suck that you have to buy two sets to get a turret for each side when they could have packaged two to begin with. I guess Hasbro can sell more figures this way. :rolleyes:

What really sucks is that you buy the Gunship for a hefty sum, and it isn't complete. Could you imagine if the BMF didn't come with the cockpit, and you had to buy Chewbacca to get it?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen any of these yet. I still see its casemate, the Vulture's Claw set, but even that one has been fairly rare. Hopefully the blue-and-white packs clogging the shelves will clear out soon and we can start seeing some of the red-and-white sets.

Ando
10-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I managed to find them 1 at a time at TRU back in late August and aquired 4 packs.

Then TRU had them online (limit of 10) in early September. I ordered the 10 on a Friday and by Monday, they were sold out and off the website.

They fit and look great on the gunships and it is nice to finally have enough pilots to go around.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I couldn't remember if I got this one or not, but I did get one at Wal-Mart on 9/12. Don't recall seeing any around lately.

Snowtrooper
10-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Could you imagine if the BMF didn't come with the cockpit, and you had to buy Chewbacca to get it?

There would be rioting in the streets if that happened. :twisted:

steve2477
10-29-2009, 08:40 AM
I love these, i want 2 sets for my gunship.

JEDIpartner
10-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I've never seen one in the store, but I ordered one from HTS a little while back. The ball turret is pretty well done and looks great attached to the ship. I was worried that it would be so huge that it would look odd, but thats not the case. Its a little bit cramped for the gunner inside the turret, but after a little fiddling around, it looks good in there. It does suck that you have to buy two sets to get a turret for each side when they could have packaged two to begin with. I guess Hasbro can sell more figures this way. :rolleyes:

I've never seen one in the wild either. I ordered mine online and they are finally shipping. I think my balls are set to drop next week sometime. LOL I just wanted to type that here too...

Anywho... I wasn't sold on these until I saw some pictures of them attached to the gunship on one of the other sites. Once I saw them, I was like, "yeah, I'd better get these after all."