PDA

View Full Version : Flash Forward

electricidad
10-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Anyone else watching this? A couple of episodes have been pretty strong (like whenever the FBI agents are actively doing things)--other episodes, kind of uneven (like watching C-SPAN at some points). They are doing a good job juggling the characters and moving things along just fast enough to keep me interested.

And it's nice--the date April 29 is a key plot point to the show (everyone flashed forward to April 29, 2010). April 29 is also my birthday. It's almost like this show was made for me.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-26-2009, 11:10 PM
I've been enjoying it so far. I usually record it because Bones is on at the same time.

Rocketboy
10-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I've been watching and really enjoying it, despite how insanely ridiculous it can be.

LTBasker
10-27-2009, 01:42 AM
The first few episodes were decent and had me highly interested, but they're getting to be incredibly bland now. I prefer the scenes that are focused on Cho's character, he has a decent storyline and his acting has surprised me quite a bit. Actually, to be honest, I prefer any scene that doesn't have to do with Benford or his bland wife. Noh should have been the main character as the other guy is utterly boring. Why does a show with such a fresh and astounding premise need to focus on such mediocrity like marriage woes and alcoholism? They're both such overdone banes for a character, and half the show being devoted to those mundane problems just ruins the intrigue.

jonthejedi
10-27-2009, 04:51 AM
This show smacks of J.J. Abrams...even though I don't believe he has anything to do with it. I think it's going to really take off with ideas once Dom Monaghan joins the cast.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-27-2009, 09:31 AM
When I saw him I thought, "It figures that there's a nasty little hobbit behind the blackout."

El Chuxter
10-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Haven't seen it, but at Comic-Con, they were recording fake testimonials. I thought it was funny how so many people were willing to sign away everything to record stuff that they said could be used for marketing purposes or on the eventual DVD without ay reimbursement. I'm not going to comment on the show itself, but who needs an advertising agency when you've got attention-hungry nerds who will do anything for a show, sight unseen?

Rocketboy
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Haven't seen it, but at Comic-Con, they were recording fake testimonials. I thought it was funny how so many people were willing to sign away everything to record stuff that they said could be used for marketing purposes or on the eventual DVD without ay reimbursement. I'm not going to comment on the show itself, but who needs an advertising agency when you've got attention-hungry nerds who will do anything for a show, sight unseen?Bragging rights perhaps?
"Dude, check it out, I'm totally on the Flash Forward Season 1 DVD!"

LTBasker
10-30-2009, 11:53 AM
You know, it really seems like the writers don't know how to depict the autistic kid, or the director doesn't know how to direct him? Throughought the previous episodes he hasn't done anything that really confirms the constant mentions that he's autistic, and this episode really made it worse. He acts completely coherent until the plot needed a scapegoat to get something done as lazily as possible.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2009, 07:56 PM
There are varying degrees of autism.

LTBasker
10-30-2009, 09:34 PM
I know, but this just seems sloppy.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't know. We've hardly seen him in a normal state to get a good picture of what his condition is. I also believe that not only are there varying degrees of autism, a single person can vary as well. Consider Rain Man. Certain things set him off and made him regress and withdraw. In last night's episode, the kid seemed to be doing okay until his dad mentioned moving. Then he became upset and withdrew, focusing on what he had seen in his flash forward.

Rocketboy
11-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Wow, the story took a pretty interesting turn tonight.

JEDIpartner
11-06-2009, 11:31 AM
It was a good episode but didn't really have me riveted until the end. They didn't develop the character they killed enough for me to really feel anything.

I hope things get stepped up a bit the way Fringe did about mid-first season.

electricidad
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Good Flash Forward this week. With a surprising death, we learned that the future isn't written in stone, and that they can change their fates.

This show has the best montages on television, what with the one this week, and the one two weeks ago during the shootout.