PDA

View Full Version : New Galactic Heroes in 2010

sonofsokol
10-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Pics of some new stuff coming out early in 2010 are starting to show up on the net

Wave 8:
Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander Fil (http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/gentlegiantcollectors/2009%20GH%20High%20Res/hasoctgh7.jpg)
Anakin Skywalker (poncho) and ARF Trooper (http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/gentlegiantcollectors/2009%20GH%20High%20Res/hasoctgh8.jpg)
Gunner Trooper and BattleDroid with jetpack (http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/gentlegiantcollectors/2009%20GH%20High%20Res/hasoctgh6.jpg)

Cinema Scenes:
Y-Wing Bomber (http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/gentlegiantcollectors/2009%20GH%20High%20Res/hasoctgh4.jpg)(w/Matchstick + astromech droid)
Assault on Ryloth (http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/gentlegiantcollectors/2009%20GH%20High%20Res/hasoctgh5.jpg)(featuring the new tactical droid)

Alpha 315
11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Gunner clone... Must have... :love:

Kirrmistwelder
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
My son will go nuts over the Assault on Ryloth one. All those droids in one place - plus a mini army of clones (and he actually doesn't have an Obi-Wan yet, so it's the perfect set).

jestermon
01-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Seems like they are comming out with the GH Gunner after the normal version, I hope we get a Space suit Obi-Wan.

Droid
01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I wish they'd do more of the cute stuff.

Watto, Sebulba, Salacious Crumb, Sy Snootles are obvious choices IMO.

sonofsokol
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
With as nice as the Droopy McCool and Max Reebo turned out, I think they really need to make Sy Snoodles. I'd love to see a 2 pack with Sy and Oola. That'd be sweet. My son loves setting up a Jabba's Palace scene with his blocks and GH figures. It's funny because all of the Cantina aliens, and ESB Bounty hunters join the party at Jabba's place.

Ever since my son saw pictures of the Y-wing he has been going crazy for it.

Ando
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I picked up the GH CW Y-Wing on Saturday night.

What a great little ship!

sonofsokol
02-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Where did you find it Ando? I am really excited to hear this news, I thought we wouldn't see this until March or later :D

Ando
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Jantzen Beach/Portland Target.

They also had the Assault on Ryloth GH CS, too. I passed on that, even though I will eventually want it, it's a lot of "I've already got most of these" kind of set.

I decided to go there Saturday night on a whim just to see what they might have. There's a TRU in the same parking lot/shopping area, so I as able to check out both stores with a minimum amount of driving.

sonofsokol
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Nice find :thumbsup: I look forward to your pictures that you talked about posting in the other thread.

Ando
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Nice find :thumbsup: I look forward to your pictures that you talked about posting in the other thread.

I will try to remember to take pictures when I get home and I will post them here tomorrow (no home computer).

jestermon
02-09-2010, 11:19 AM
What was the price there? I am looking forward to that ship, but my WM seems to have taken the cinema scene space away.

So I guess Target would be my only option.

Ando
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
What was the price there? I am looking forward to that ship, but my WM seems to have taken the cinema scene space away.

So I guess Target would be my only option.

Toys R Us still has a space for the Cinema Scenes. I don't bother with the Portland area Wal-Marts anymore, so I can't comment either way on what they do or don't carry. They're too far for me to go to on a regular basis and they bungle (here in Portland) *almost* every exclusive they get.

I paid $22.39(?) at Target, they are $24.99 at TRU.

So here are the pictures I took.

There's no real way for Anakin to fit inside. At least the Anakins that we have already gotten from Hasbro. His arms are spread too wide, he's too tall, and his lighsaber gets in the way. Kinda bummed, but I still love it!

The cockpit is too narrow and it looks like Matchstick (the included pilot) is molded specifically to fit inside this vehicle, similar to the Boba Fett that was included with the GH Slave I that was released late last year.

My wife's Ahsoka is on her desk at work, but I think she'd fit inside with Matchstick. Also, Padme and Aayla are small enough that they would fit, too.

If you'd like to request certain pics (that I missed or didn't take), I will oblige, just ask.

sonofsokol
02-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Dang that looks sweet. I like the sideways opening canopy. Thanks for posting the pics. That is too bad about Anakin not fitting, but I am sure that Ahsoka will fit, the first Ahsoka is especially tiny. Matchstick looks really cool and its always nice to get a different looking astromech. I've considered customizing a few of my son's dozen R2-D2s, but he's so meticulous he'd probably notice if any of them went missing.
I once suggested he give his younger brother one of his several Obi-wans and one of his several Darth Vaders and the reaction I got was as if I just asked him to give up his whole collection... The kid loves his Star Wars.

Thanks for the pics Ando. I'm glad to hear it turned out as well as it did. I am really looking forward to picking this one up.:pleased:

Darth Metalmute
02-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Matchstick must of been a hero in the last battle he was in to have him and his ship carried off like that. :thumbsup:

Ando
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Matchstick must of been a hero in the last battle he was in to have him and his ship carried off like that. :thumbsup:

It's not so much being carried as it is just resting on top of the pile as I sorted through the figures to see which ones would fit.

You're welcome, sonofsokol. It's a fun toy!

Fat Valentino
02-12-2010, 07:36 PM
There are three things I want from Galactic Heroes scale vehicles...

1) A slot for my astromech droids.
Or an astromech droid head that is actually to scale and swivels. Hasbro already has the proper sized head molded, because they got it right the first time with the Naboo Fighter! These weird 200% scale droid heads molded onto the jedi fighters are lame-o!

2) Room to fit a variety of characters.
Why have a Y-wing if you can't fit most characters into it? That's so weird. The key with the Galactic Heroes scale is the make the seats wider rather than deeper...Shoot, I'd rather have a fighter without a hatch if it meant that a larger range of figures could fit into it...

3) Stylized, smaller proportions.
Slave One is awesome. I hope that there are more scaled down ships announced at Toyfare tomorrow. Let's get a Queen's Starship or Tantive IV that's the same size as the Millenium Falcon. The Galactic Heroes Jedi Starfighters, Snowspeeder, and Vader's Tie are actually more bulky and larger than their regular line counterparts. So weird! I think that they could have been like 60% as big, and still been great...

jestermon
02-13-2010, 11:23 AM
I hear you, but I do love my super large Advanced Tie.

But if you want smaller ships, they tend to have less room for larger cockpits.

I mean I know the Jedi Starfighters have the huge cockpit and aren't terribly huge.

But making everything bubble shaped for seating would blow the designs on some of the ships, like the new Y-wing.

I wish the Tie Advanced had worked in some other action feature, at least a bomb or something added inside.

But for the amount of plastic you get it did feel like I got my money's worth when I got it.

sonofsokol
02-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Hasbro Toy Shop has the first 2010 wave a GH 2-packs up right now:
Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander Fil (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=217&ST=SO&ID=25758&PG=1)
Anakin Skywalker (poncho) and ARF Trooper (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=217&ST=SO&ID=25756&PG=1)
Gunner Trooper and BattleDroid with jetpack (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=217&ST=SO&ID=25757&PG=2)

Ando
02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Fixer and Boss (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/galactic-heroes/p33111-hasbro-star-wars.html)!!!

Too cool! I hope they make Sev and Scorch now. And a GH Republic Gunship.

DarkJedi5
02-15-2010, 05:51 PM
The Republic Commandos are pretty much the only GH figures that look any good. However, I did not see the Gunship... where's that?!

Ando
02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
The Republic Commandos are pretty much the only GH figures that look any good. However, I did not see the Gunship... where's that?!

You didn't miss it. Sorry if my post was misleading, it was meant to say "I hope they make the Republic Gunship in Galactic Heroes format".

Fat Valentino
02-19-2010, 01:10 AM
I found one today at the Target in Olympia, WA. It's a great toy. This is one to make sure you pick up, friends...:thumbsup:

It also feels less "massive" and better in scale with the Galactic Heroes guys than some of the other starfighters released over the past years.

Pity that Toyfare brings news that the Cinema Scenes may not continue, but who knows, maybe if the vehicles get scaled down by just a little Hasbro can create a larger sized peg footprint for beasts/smaller multipacks/and even small-ish ships!

Darth Metalmute
02-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I doubt I'll ever see the Y-Wing. The endor and ceramony sets are well stocked.

Ando
02-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I doubt I'll ever see the Y-Wing. The endor and ceramony sets are well stocked.

Don't give up hope!

I've seen it 4 times (including the 1 that I bought) in the last 2 weeks.

sonofsokol
02-19-2010, 12:44 PM
It seems the multi-figure packs just don't sell as well as the vehicles in most cases. The Toys R Us I usually go to is jammed with Celebration, Max Reebo/Jabba, and Ewok Glider set with scattered Anakin Starfighters (not the new ROTS version shown at Toy Fair, but the Clone Wars version).

Before Christmas, the Slave 1 was pretty hard to find around here, but now a Kroger store (Smith's Market Place, formerly Fred Meyer) near me has 3 Slave 1 sets that have been there for a few weeks. Before Christmas, it was very difficult to find it, so hopefully, once the initial surge is over for the the new Y-wing, it will become more available. :fingers crossed:

If you listen to the youtube video of the Hasbro slide show, they seem to say that cinema scenes are going away, but will be replaced by a vehicle line. The audio was slightly garbled during that part on the version I was watching. I rewatched/relistend to it several times and couldn't make it out clearly. Anyone have any insights or see a version with clear audio?

Ando
02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
...so hopefully, once the initial surge is over for the the new Y-wing, it will become more available. :fingers crossed:

If you listen to the youtube video of the Hasbro slide show, they seem to say that cinema scenes are going away, but will be replaced by a vehicle line.

- That's how it was with the GH SnowSpeeder set, too.

- Well that's good news!!! I love the vehicle sets more than the multifigure battle pack style sets.

Darth Jax
02-19-2010, 06:52 PM
i don't pick up many of the cinema scenes because so much was repacked. the vehicle packs are what draw me in (along with the 2 pack figures)

Darth Metalmute
02-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Don't give up hope!

I've seen it 4 times (including the 1 that I bought) in the last 2 weeks.

It's so funny, the day after I wrote this, I went to Target with the sole purpose of looking for the Y-Wing. Low and behold, I found it. They even had the Ryloth battle pack and the new figure packs.

Unfortunately, my wife had a cart with over $100 dollars of stuff in it and I had to pass it up. :(
It's depressing when you go to a store for one item, they have it, and you don't walk out with it.:whip:

It did teach me a valuable lesson, when you go Star Wars hunting at Target, go alone.

sonofsokol
02-20-2010, 03:29 PM
it also teaches me a valuable lesson...
If you are getting frustrated about not finding stuff, just post a complaint on these boards and you will find what you were complaining about in no time. This happened to me with the Empire Wave...

This was my post in the Empire Wave thread, note the date and time
01-05-2010, 09:22 AM:

I have not seen the Empire wave at all here in Utah. I went to my usual Walmart yesterday and even checked the Plo Koon and Agen Kolar figs to make sure they didn't have the HK-50 part... no luck. The only thing that brings me relief is that they still have not released these on Hasbro Toy Shop... I check several times a day. I would think that there would be some slow mover from this wave remaining if I was just missing it, but I haven't seen anything...
Sorry for the whinning. I feel much better now

Then, less than 3 hours later, 01-05-2010, 11:55 AM:

I went to a Walmart near my work that I don't normally go to. I was able to buy the Snowspeeder Luke, Willrow Hood, and the Snowtrooper. They had several of the repacked Jedi and Commanders Deviss and Bacara, but I passed on them. I guess all it took was some public whinning and voila! They also had remnants of the Phantom Menace wave which I haven't seen for a couple months anyway.

Its like magic or something

Ando
02-20-2010, 03:32 PM
It's so funny, the day after I wrote this, I went to Target with the sole purpose of looking for the Y-Wing. Low and behold, I found it. They even had the Ryloth battle pack and the new figure packs.

Unfortunately, my wife had a cart with over $100 dollars of stuff in it and I had to pass it up. :(
It's depressing when you go to a store for one item, they have it, and you don't walk out with it.:whip:

It did teach me a valuable lesson, when you go Star Wars hunting at Target, go alone.

Bummer, dude. Glad you got to see it up close, tho.

My wife and I kept our own separate checking accounts in addition to a joint account, to avoid such situations. We each get a cut from our respective paychecks, and it works quite well.

Darth Metalmute
02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
it also teaches me a valuable lesson...
If you are getting frustrated about not finding stuff, just post a complaint on these boards and you will find what you were complaining about in no time. This happened to me with the Empire Wave...

This was my post in the Empire Wave thread, note the date and time
01-05-2010, 09:22 AM:

Then, less than 3 hours later, 01-05-2010, 11:55 AM:

Its like magic or something

I believe you. It's happened to me too. It happens whenever I post that I'm giving up on finding something. I've looked all over for the Slave Leia, posted that I was going to stop looking, then found it a day later. I searched all over Northern Ohio for the Dewback, posted that it was a lost cause, and someone in my city on this site, let me in on where they were. I think it's someone higher up trying to make us look like fools. But as long as it works, I think we should do it.

That being said, I cannot find the BMF for under $40. I'm giving up looking for it.:thumbsup:

Bummer, dude. Glad you got to see it up close, tho.

My wife and I kept our own separate checking accounts in addition to a joint account, to avoid such situations. We each get a cut from our respective paychecks, and it works quite well.

We have to seperate accounts, but each pay the bills. She pays daycare, groceries, birthday presents, and utilities; I pay credit cards, student loans, morgage, holiday presents, and car payments. Then whatever is left over, we can spend on our own accord. Problem is, I make over twice what she does and she usually is constantly out of money. Yesterday, the items she bought were Easter presents for the kids. I just didn't know she was doing that until I saw the cart. She offered to go back in and buy it on her bank card, but I declined. I think it was one of those, "I'll offer but you better say no", moments.

sonofsokol
02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
I misread your first post :confused: I originally thought that you got the Y-wing, but had to pass on the other items... man, what a bummer. :sad:

I stopped by Target today and they had the 212th set, but no Y-wing:upset: I like the looks of the other set, but just couldn't pull the trigger. The Tactical Droid looks really good, hopefully it'll make it into a 2 pack or Vehicle pack later.

ShaakB
02-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I believe you. It's happened to me too. It happens whenever I post that I'm giving up on finding something. I've looked all over for the Slave Leia, posted that I was going to stop looking, then found it a day later. I searched all over Northern Ohio for the Dewback, posted that it was a lost cause, and someone in my city on this site, let me in on where they were. I think it's someone higher up trying to make us look like fools. But as long as it works, I think we should do it.

That being said, I cannot find the BMF for under $40. I'm giving up looking for it.:thumbsup:

We have to seperate accounts, but each pay the bills. She pays daycare, groceries, birthday presents, and utilities; I pay credit cards, student loans, morgage, holiday presents, and car payments. Then whatever is left over, we can spend on our own accord. Problem is, I make over twice what she does and she usually is constantly out of money. Yesterday, the items she bought were Easter presents for the kids. I just didn't know she was doing that until I saw the cart. She offered to go back in and buy it on her bank card, but I declined. I think it was one of those, "I'll offer but you better say no", moments.

Three things: first, what is the BMF?
second: I found the Y-wing in a New Mexico Target
third: My husband and I have our accounts set up the same way. It makes it so much nicer, because he
never knows how much I spend on Star Wars:shocked:

Darth Metalmute
02-25-2010, 04:25 PM

The BMF is the Big Millennium Falcon Hasbro released a couple of years ago. The retail price was/is 150 dollars. It's a great item, I just can't pull the trigger on it at that price when I have two of the smaller versions sitting in boxes. However for $40 dollars........:bandit:

Ando
02-25-2010, 04:26 PM
second: I found the Y-wing in a New Mexico Target
third: My husband and I have our accounts set up the same way. It makes it so much nicer, because he
never knows how much I spend on Star Wars:shocked:

1) BMF: Big Millenium Falcon, referring to the new /redesigned upsized edition for the 3 3/4" line released in Summer 2008.
2) Great toy, huh?! :thumbsup:
3) How do you do it, pay your share of the bills from your own account or pool the money in a joint account and take a cut/allowance like my wife and I? We've been doing that since we got married and I could never do it any other way.

Welcome to the forums, ShaakB!

sonofsokol
02-25-2010, 04:43 PM
My plan with the Y-wing was to have difficulty finding it for a few months, find it in late March or April and then put it away for a few weeks and then give it to my son for his birthday in May. However, I found it at Target on Wednesday... I really want to save it for his birthday, but after seeing Ando's pictures and then seeing it with my own eyes, I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. It looks amazing!

I told my wife she will have to hide it really well to keep me from finding it. I am trying to think of another gift-giving occasion to justify busting it out...

Also, welcome to the forums ShaakB! I've been posting for just over a year now and have a hard time keeping track of all the abbreviations and such that get used around here. We really need to have a thread for the Sir Steve's Guide Lexicon.

Ando
02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
My plan with the Y-wing was to have difficulty finding it for a few months, find it in late March or April and then put it away for a few weeks and then give it to my son for his birthday in May. However, I found it at Target on Wednesday... I really want to save it for his birthday, but after seeing Ando's pictures and then seeing it with my own eyes, I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. It looks amazing!

I told my wife she will have to hide it really well to keep me from finding it. I am trying to think of another gift-giving occasion to justify busting it out...

Dude, just give it to him now... You know you want to. :yes:

sonofsokol
02-25-2010, 05:17 PM
I was always taught not to give into peer pressure... ;)

Ando
02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
I was always taught not to give into peer pressure... ;)

That only applies if we're still in junior high and talking about smoking and drinking.

sonofsokol
02-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Excellent point. Dang, you're good :evil:

I have been trying to get him to take better care of his toys over the last few months. Not just his Star Wars toys, but all toys. He tends to leave big messes all over the house, and I have threatened to keep any galactic heroes that I find laying around. Maybe I can use the Y-wing as an incentive, like keep your guys cleaned up and your toys organized and you can earn the new Y-wing. He has been drooling over it since we first saw pics of it on entertainment earth several months ago... I just don't want to give him another ship to add to the pile.

Ando
02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Excellent point. Dang, you're good :evil:

I have been trying to get him to take better care of his toys over the last few months. Not just his Star Wars toys, but all toys. He tends to leave big messes all over the house, and I have threatened to keep any galactic heroes that I find laying around. Maybe I can use the Y-wing as an incentive, like keep your guys cleaned up and your toys organized and you can earn the new Y-wing. He has been drooling over it since we first saw pics of it on entertainment earth several months ago... I just don't want to give him another ship to add to the pile.

Well in that case, yeah he should learn to take care of his belongings. As my dad taught me when I was a kid, "take care of your gear (Boy Scouts -- camping gear, etc.) and it will take care of you."

Unfortunately it's punishing you, too cause I just know you're itching to open it up and play with it when he's not around.

I have it easy. I share my collection with my nephew when he comes over so I don't have to worry about messes all over the house.

Interesting note: I have both the GH and CW 3 3/4" Y Wings on my dresser and while I was getting ready for work this morning, I noticed that the colors on the GH version are opposite of the CW 3 3/4" version. The rounded front part of the engine nacelles are yellow on the GH version and white on th CW 3 3/4" version and that's what drew my eye to it.

ShaakB
02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
To answer Andos question,

We have a joint account (where the salary goes), and two seperate accounts. We each get "paid" at the begining of the month. I am over household goods (groceries and consumables) medical, children, and phone/internet. He takes care of auto (fuel and maintenance), household maintenance, and the rest. For big purchases, we dip into the joint account. We have done it since we got married, and it works for us. I am the spender/he is the saver. He told me when we first began that he would not bail me out if I overspent, and he has been true to that.

We have our accounts on Quicken, and nothing is secret--we can totally see each others transactions, but it still helps to keep things separate. I save up gift cards and cash all year for the Galactic Heroes releases. I already am putting money aside for the AT-AT Walker.

Ando
02-26-2010, 12:59 PM
To answer Andos question,

We have a joint account (where the salary goes), and two seperate accounts. We each get "paid" at the begining of the month. I am over household goods (groceries and consumables) medical, children, and phone/internet. He takes care of auto (fuel and maintenance), household maintenance, and the rest. For big purchases, we dip into the joint account. We have done it since we got married, and it works for us. I am the spender/he is the saver. He told me when we first began that he would not bail me out if I overspent, and he has been true to that.

We have our accounts on Quicken, and nothing is secret--we can totally see each others transactions, but it still helps to keep things separate. I save up gift cards and cash all year for the Galactic Heroes releases. I already am putting money aside for the AT-AT Walker.

We do ours differently. Everything comes out of joint when it comes to groceries, rent, bills, etc. We deposit our paychecks there and then transfer our allowances to our own separate accounts when we get paid (we both have different paydays, so we don't always get an allowance at the same time).

I set this up before we got married because I told my wife I wanted to be able to go shopping for her for Christmas and her birthday and not have her be able to look up my spending online and vice versa. She was pretty agreeable to it.

Plus it allows each of us to indulge in our hobbies and pursuits without putting us in any sort of jeopardy i.e. We can't pay the rent because she bought tons of new clothes or I bought 3 Turbo Tanks. She and I are both pretty careful as it is, so we do pretty good.

ShaakB
02-26-2010, 06:58 PM
I finally found the Y-wing fighter, and was so excited that I bought the two that were on the shelf. I gave one to my three year-old for his birthday and left the other in the car, thinking that I really should return it.

My problem: my three year-old has not let it out of his hands for a moment. He carries it around, EVERYWHERE. My five and seven year-olds are dying to get their hands on it. I usually intervene and require sharing, but this is the first time that he has received a Star Wars ship that he has bonded to. (The last time I gave the boys GH, the older one got the ship.) Would I be spoiling my kids if I just let them open the other one?

Ando
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I finally found the Y-wing fighter, and was so excited that I bought the two that were on the shelf. I gave one to my three year-old for his birthday and left the other in the car, thinking that I really should return it.

My problem: my three year-old has not let it out of his hands for a moment. He carries it around, EVERYWHERE. My five and seven year-olds are dying to get their hands on it. I usually intervene and require sharing, but this is the first time that he has received a Star Wars ship that he has bonded to. (The last time I gave the boys GH, the older one got the ship.) Would I be spoiling my kids if I just let them open the other one?

No, not spoiling them. You know you want to...

ShaakB
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
So, I asked my 7 yr-old if he wanted to keep the other Y-wing, (planning to just keep it if he said yes). I was really proud of him when he said that we could make due with just one. We went to Target and returned it. Then, just for fun, we went to see if they had the new 2-packs. They didn't, but they had the Escape from Kamino set and the Invisible Hand set (which of course, we bought.)

Easy come, easy go (my money, that is . . .)

Ando
03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
...but they had the Escape from Kamino set and the Invisible Hand set (which of course, we bought.)

DANG! I need to get out there and look for those!!!

sonofsokol
03-01-2010, 11:37 AM
I am a bit disappointed that they included the old Grievous in the new Invisible Hand set. I guess the new one with 4 lightsabers is the Clone Wars version, but the old one is just crap and it seems lame to re-release an inferior figure. Oh well. :cry:

It also seems odd to release this Salve 1 variant so soon after the original ESB version was released. I would be much more likley to buy it, if they had given my son enough time to break or somehow destroy his first one:D But since it is still in great shape, I have a hard time justifying it, even with the new Jango. I guess I can always add another AOTC Obi-wan to my Grand Army of Obi-wans, which numbers about a 20 at this point.:tired:

August 1st and the new AT-AT can't come fast enough...

ShaakB
03-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Has anyone found the new two packs in stores?

In regards to my earlier post about purchasing the new cinema scenes: I was bummed that Anakin's lightsaber in the Invisible Hand set was not the clear blue, and I think I would have like a new Grievous as well. The new Jango is pretty awesome, though. The Slave I was a total repaint. It even has the compartment for the carbonite Solo.

Ando
03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I saw the Anakin w/poncho+Camo ARF Trooper and the AT-TE Tank Gunner+Red Battle Droid sets (1 of each) the other day. I passed on them for now.

Fat Valentino
03-10-2010, 04:50 AM
So I picked up the repaint Slave 1 with Jango Fett yesterday. It just doesn't work for me, for some reason...

Anyone want to make a trade? I'll swap both the figures and the ship for a couple semi-rare figures from lines past...

I need...
Snowspeeder Luke and Dack
Porkins, General Jan Dodanna, and R5-D4 Astromech Unit
Obi-Wan's Red R4-P17
Aayla Secura
Ajja Ventress (spelling)
General Lando
Death Star Droid, Mousedroid
Luke with Yoda in his backpack

Various others...

Do you have any of these?
Want the Slave 1 and the Jango with the Helmet that comes off? :yes:

Let's make a trade! :lipsrsealed:

Alpha 315
04-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Fat Valentino...

New to this trade thingie...

I have a Luke with Yoda that I NEVER use (I only bought it for the X-wing and the snake).

Can you explain how to make a trade?

And then, when I know how, what will my Luke w/ Yoda get me from that Slave 1 set? :lipsrsealed:

Fat Valentino
04-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi Alpha, sorry but I already made a trade with our mutual friend and forums mate SonofSokol. What about a straight up 1-1 trade for Dack from the Hoth set?

Alpha 315
04-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Sorry, I don't understand, do you want the Dack, or are you offering to trade it to me for Luke or sumthing else?

sonofsokol
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I picked up the new Anakin/Camo ARF Trooper and the Clone Gunner/Rocket Battle Droid 2-packs today. This was the first time I'd seen them at any store here in Utah. I stopped by Walmart on a whim and it paid off. Sadly, I missed out on the Obi-wan/Commander Fil pack... maybe next time.

ShaakB
04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Found the new 2-packs in our Albuquerque Target. Managed to get all of them, but I didn't leave anything for the next customer. Any word on the ToysRUs exclusives?

Fat Valentino
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Sadly, I missed out on the Obi-wan/Commander Fil pack... maybe next time.

Hopefully next time! That Obi-Wan is quite good...

Darth Metalmute
04-21-2010, 08:38 AM
I haven't seen anything new in any line since Feburary.

GH_fan
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
New 2 pack found on ebay

Alpha 315
04-24-2010, 02:22 AM
GH fan
Is that a legit 2-pack? That clone looks all colored by an orange sharpie.

GH_fan
04-24-2010, 08:23 AM
dont know just saw it on ebay ... along with some of the newer 2 packs

sonofsokol
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Interesting response for Hasbro on the last Q&A from yodasnews:

QUESTION: I am curious about the production process for figures. Specifically, why are we having to wait so long before we see the next wave of Galactic Heroes in August? This is not a complaint; I am simply curious as to what business reasons give rise to this spacing between waves. Thanks!

ANSWER: Good question. We do approximately 12 new packs of Galactic Heroes every 12-month cycle (which for us usually begins in August every year). As it turns out, all of the new ones were available to us very early in the cycle, and we decided to release them. The long gap you see (and the same goes with many basic figures waves) is because the product was available and ready to go early and we made the decision to release new figures, rather than re-release existing figures to "bide the time" before the new figures are ready. Given the choice, we'd always like to release new figures rather than risk going to long on already released figures. Galactic Heroes is always one of our fastest development time lines, so odds are you will see all 12 or so new 2-packs again this Fall with a lull in Spring '11.

sonofsokol
05-01-2010, 02:47 AM
New 2 pack found on ebay

GH fan
Is that a legit 2-pack? That clone looks all colored by an orange sharpie.

This set is included in this picture (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS18893&mode=retail) from an online retailer.
Here it is from another online store (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS94735A)... says its due out in August. Lots of cool sets in that wave.

GH_fan
05-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Wave 2 announced including these new 2 packs

Mandalorian and Mandalorian
Emperor and Darth Vader
Count Dooku and Commander Droid

Alpha 315
05-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Commander Droid = OOM-9?

My original Commander Droid from Duel with Darth Maul's arm broke off. Tried hot glue, super glue, it still falls off. Any suggestions on how to reattach.

Fat Valentino
05-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Any suggestions on how to reattach.
I would probably use a small, wide head machine screw if I were you. :hurt: So do you think that the above mentioned sets are repacks/repaints? It sounds ominous and I wouldn't put it past the Hasbro gang to cheap out for a rotation...:sad:

Alpha 315
05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Hopefully the Mandalorians are a new mold...
Count Dukoo/Commander Droid and Darth Vader/Emperor are most likely repaints/repacks.

GH_fan
05-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Wave 2 announced including these new 2 packs

Mandalorian and Mandalorian
Emperor and Darth Vader
Count Dooku and Commander Droid

Looks like its a COMMANDO DROID .... so this should be a new fig!!!! :D

GH_fan
05-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Cant wait for the Mandalorians to go with my Pre Vizsla ... :yes:

Alpha 315
05-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Dude... :eek:

GH_fan
05-10-2010, 09:35 PM
thanks man :thumbsup:

just found a site with a great list of GH's that should be made ... check it out

http://blogs.starwars.com/kiknivek/17/comments

I am gonna try to do customs of some if I can :yes:

sonofsokol
05-12-2010, 04:00 PM
So for anyone following this thread, back on page 4 I talked about finding the Y-wing way back in February and how I wanted to wait until my son's birthday to give it to him. Well, tomorrow is finally his birthday and I will finally get to give it to him :pleased: I also caved and got the Ryloth/212th cinema scene and Anakin's ROTS starfighter a few weeks ago at Toys R Us druing the buy 1 get one 1/2 sale, so he'll be getting all 3 sets. This should make for a fun weekend:thumbsup:

Alpha 315
05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Awesome! I bet he'll be thrilled to get a mini army with the Ryloth scene.

I found a Y-Wing Bomber a few weeks ago, but passed on buying it, for some strange reason. :p
Does anyone know if the bombs fall like the Episode II starfighter bomb?

sonofsokol
05-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I will be able to tell you tomorrow;)
I think Ando posted in one of these threads that the bombs were spring loaded and "shot out" more than just dropped out, but I can't find the post after looking around the threads. If I find it, I'll post it.

Edit: here it is

I picked up the GH CW Y-Wing on Saturday night and the cockpit is only big enough for 1 pilot, although (and I haven't tried it yet), Anakin and Ahsoka may both fit since she's littler than the male GH figures.

It's a pretty sweet little ship. The bombs are well, the bomb. They launch/shoot down pretty fast and don't "fall" like the ones on it's 3 3/4" big sibling. I haven't had my nephew over to play for a while, so I don't have a kid review for it, but my wife and I love it.

Ando
05-12-2010, 04:49 PM
They're not spring loaded as much as they are *pushed* when you actuate the release button. The release button is in direct contact with the bomb as opposed to being rigged to a spring loaded release like on the bombs for the 3 3/4" CW Y Wing.

sonofsokol
06-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Hasbro Toy Shop has the new 2-packs with pictures on the site listed as coming soon including
-Cad Bane and Aurra Sing
-Dooku and Commando Droid
-Darth Maul and Obi-wan (new sculpts)
-Anakin and Ahsoka in space suits
-Vader and Palpatine (new Palpatine sculpt, Vader looks the same I think)
-Padme and Senate Security Clone
-Republic Commandos Fixer and Boss
-Clone Trooper Bomb Squad and Super Battle Droid

I am so excited for these...

Ando
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I am so darn excited to get GH Fixer and Boss! I hope they follow it up with Scorch and Sev and a GH Gunship.

DarkJedi5
06-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Hasbro Toy Shop has the new 2-packs with pictures on the site listed as coming soon including
-Cad Bane and Aurra Sing
-Dooku and Commando Droid
-Darth Maul and Obi-wan (new sculpts)
-Anakin and Ahsoka in space suits
-Vader and Palpatine (new Palpatine sculpt, Vader looks the same I think)
-Padme and Senate Security Clone
-Republic Commandos Fixer and Boss
-Clone Trooper Bomb Squad and Super Battle Droid

I am so excited for these...

I'm not all that excited. The Cad Bane/Aurra Sing and Republic Commando packs are the only ones where I want BOTH figures.

I'd get the new Obi-Wan but I loathe the fact that Hasbro wants to push a shirtless Maul on us in every possible format. Just wait for the shirtless Maul transformers crossover. It's coming, I promise. Again, I like the new Dooku but don't need the CW commando droid. Anyone army building these and willing to part with an extra Dooku? Same with the Padme, I loved the "snowbunny" look but don't want some lousy CW clonetrooper. The new Palpatine looks great but I already have like three of that same Vader sculpt. Why issue one new fig with one old fig? Well, except to get me to shell out full price for a set that's only worth half that.

Fat Valentino
06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Why issue one new fig with one old fig? Well, except to get me to shell out full price for a set that's only worth half that.

Well said! I like the goofy Galactic Heroes style Episode 1 Obi-Wan and won't be getting a "badass" version, thank you. Same for the Dooku. The Emperor is an improvement for fans of the OT, and was a long time coming. I'll only pick it up because I want to tear apart a Vader in order to make a "Funeral Pyre" playset...

GH_fan
06-23-2010, 07:38 AM
I'll only pick it up because I want to tear apart a Vader in order to make a "Funeral Pyre" playset...

Brilliant idea FV but I wont tear this one apart, its the only one with a clear lightsaber :) .. cant wait for the shirtless maul so many Sith customs could come from this

sonofsokol
07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I found some of the new wave at Smith's Market Place (formerly known as Fred Meyer in Utah) this morning. The Boss/Fixer and the Cad Bane/Aurra Sing sets were gone, but I picked up the Bomb Squad Clone/Super BD, Anakin/Ahsoka in space gear, and Snow Padme/Clone sets.

I may take the Anakin/Ahsoka in space gear back, but the bubble helmets look really cool. If kept, this will be my sons' 4th Ahsoka and 300th Anakin, so who knows. Maybe I'll show him a picture of it online and if he gets excited we'll keep it.

It appears that the Boss/Fixer, Bane/Sing, Snow Padme/Clone, and Anakin/Ahsoka (space gear) packs will also be in Wave 2, which is good news. There will be 2 sets in wave 2 that contain a Darth Vader. Here is what is in waves 1 and 2 according to entertainmentearth.com: (New figures in bold)

wave 1
1x Republic Commando Boss and Fixer
1x Clone Trooper and Snow Padme Amidala
1x Anakin Skywalker (Space) and Ahsoka Tano (Space)
1x Clone Trooper (Bomb Squad) and Super Battle Droid
1x Anakin Skywalker (Poncho) and ARF Trooper
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander Fil
1x Anakin Skywalker and STAP Vehicle
1x Luke Skywalker (Endor) and Speeder Bike Vehicle
1x Anakin Skywalker and 501st Clone Trooper
1x Kit Fisto and General Grievous
1x Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader
1x Cad Bane and Aurra Sing

Wave 2
1x Republic Commando Boss and Fixer
1x Clone Trooper and Snow Padme Amidala
1x Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi
1x Anakin Skywalker (Space) and Ahsoka Tano (Space)
1x Luke Skywalker (Endor) and Speeder Bike Vehicle
1x Anakin Skywalker and 501st Clone Trooper
1x Kit Fisto and General Grievous
1x Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader
1x Mandalorian and Mandalorian
1x Emperor and Darth Vader
1x Cad Bane and Aurra Sing
1x Count Dooku and Commando Droid

Darth Metalmute
07-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I begining to get very worried that I will never see the 2010 galactic heroes.
I only saw the Ryloth and Y-Wing set once and unfortunately passed on them. At the same time, I saw the first wave of the 2010 peg sets. I have never seen them since, nor have I seen the latest cinema scenes. My hope was that when the reset went into effect on August 6th, that all the 2010 sets would be put out. But now that I hear that stores are ignoring the street date on these items, I fear the worst.

sonofsokol
07-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I just found a picture of the "Mandalorian and Mandalorian" 2-pack on ebay. Another great set to be on the hunt for:yes:

Kirrmistwelder
07-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks for posting that picture - I was hoping there would be a Mandalorian pack. I'll have to stay on the lookout for this and the Republic Commando one.

Ando
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I found the Republic Commando pack last Saturday (along with Space Suit Ahsoka+Anakin and Cad Bane+Aurra Sing), but I haven't seen the Mando pack yet. Of course I only go out on Saturdays anymore, really.

GH_fan
07-15-2010, 07:00 PM
what store did you find them in?

Ando
07-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Who me?

Tigard/Beaverton Toys R Us last Saturday morning at around 9:15 am.

sonofsokol
07-17-2010, 02:31 PM
I found the Cad Bane/Aurra Sing and the Republic Commando packs yesterday at Toys R Us here is Salt Lake City. They actually had the whole wave, so they must have just put them out.
I haven't given them to my boys to open yet, but they look outstanding in the package.

bkusna
07-17-2010, 10:40 PM
the commandos are sweet....HUGE!!!!!!

sonofsokol
07-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I decided to run to Toys R Us on my lunch break and was rewarded with the new GH AT-AT!!! I honestly don't know how I am going to finish the day at work... The worst part is that I have a feeling that my wife is going to want to save it for a "special occasion" or something, so I may not even get to open the dang thing tonight. I will post pics of the box at least later on this evening. I seriously am having a hard time sitting still right now.

I was contemplating buying the second one off the shelf, but another guy and his young son picked it up as I was contemplating it.

Ando
07-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Looks like I am going to have to hit TRU at lunch today after all.

I am actually more excited about the GH AT-AT than the Big AT-AT.

Nice find, dude!

bkusna
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
my son loves the GH line.....he's been waiting for the "big" AT-AT....

Darth Metalmute
07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
How much was it? It looks like I will have to buy 2 now because my three-year old daughter wants a "Robot Moo-Cow".

sonofsokol
07-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I paid the shelf price of $39.99 for it.

Sorry I did not include that earlier. Not too bad, but almost double what the other Cinema Scenes have been ($22.99 to $24.99 depending on where you go). The only Falcon I have ever purchased was at Costco last Christmas and I only paid $15 for it, so I have no idea what they originally sold for at retail as a comparison.

I was more worried about finding the GH AT_AT than I am about finding the BAT-AT. Speaking from experience, ff you pass on a GH vehicle one time you may never see it again:sad:
I saw the AT-TE, TurboTank and BMF all the time when they were first released, so I imagine the BAT-AT will be the same...but who knows.

Ando
07-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I went to TRU at lunch. No luck.

I agree with you, I am sure the BAT-AT will be easy to find in the coming months, but passing on a GH vehicle is a bad move if you think you'll see it again.

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Here are some pics. I placed the card of the new Vintage Collection Vader next to the box for reference. I think we are going to open it this weekend :fingers crossed:

Ando
07-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Very nice, I am seriously jealous.

I hope your boss lets you open it up.

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
The plan right now is to open it this weekend. Since we just gave the boys the new wave of figures, I am tempted to wait a bit so it is not sensory overload. Here in Utah we have a state holiday on July 24th, Pioneer Day, so I am thinking what better way to celebrate than opening a sweet AT-AT and shooting off fireworks...

To be honest, when I showed my wife the box, she almost tore the thing open herself... I guess I should have just let her. :love:

Ando
07-22-2010, 01:19 AM
My wife loves the Galactic Heroes, too. I give her the girl ones like Leia, Padme, and Ahsoka.

Darth Metalmute
07-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Do you guys think that the fact that they displayed the Y-Wing at Comic Con means that it will be re-released? Or is this, "Here is what we released this year."?

DarkJedi5
07-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't expect a rerelease, they are just putting out things that may or may not still be on shelves somewhere in America.

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree with DarkJedi5, I think that they are just showing product that is or was out there. I noticed in looking through the photo galleries that they are showing figures from the last 2 waves of the Clone Wars in the red and white packaging, like Aayla Secura, Thi-Sen, Emporer Palps, TX-20, et al, as being currently available, but I have not seen them on the pegs for several months.

Also, they are showing the exclusive new GH Cinema Scenes, The Purchasing of the Droids (or something like that) and the Kamino set with young Boba Fett, as being currently available. These are TRU exclusives (I think) and I have not seen or heard about anybody finding these out in the wild, so I guess we better keep an eye out for them.

DarkJedi5
07-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Also, they are showing the exclusive new GH Cinema Scenes, The Purchasing of the Droids (or something like that) and the Kamino set with young Boba Fett, as being currently available. These are TRU exclusives (I think) and I have not seen or heard about anybody finding these out in the wild, so I guess we better keep an eye out for them.

I thought I read in a Q&A that they have shipped and they are sitting in TRU distribution centers waiting for the stuff on the shelves presently to sell through. But those Yavin and Endor celebration sets are not moving at the price I see them listed at and TRU never puts anything on sale (See Lars' Homestead and TIE Interceptor). Though you could take the assortment number off the tags at comic con and call your TRUs to see if they know anything about them.

Darth Metalmute
07-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I thought I read in a Q&A that they have shipped and they are sitting in TRU distribution centers waiting for the stuff on the shelves presently to sell through. But those Yavin and Endor celebration sets are not moving at the price I see them listed at and TRU never puts anything on sale (See Lars' Homestead and TIE Interceptor). Though you could take the assortment number off the tags at comic con and call your TRUs to see if they know anything about them.

You just got to hide the other sets. I like to take the ones that sit there and hide them in the preschool toys. It doesn't work, but I like to think of it as a minor inconviencence.

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I am getting to the point where I want to purchase all of old, shelf-warming cinema scenes from the Toys R Us nearest to my house and return them to the one furtherst from my house. Then maybe they would get these new sets... It would probably backfire and the near-by store would have all the other stores send them their back-logged stock since they sold through theirs or somesuch.:rolleyes:

I do love the idea of hiding them... you could make it into a game by marking the sets in an inconspicuous manner and see which ones get returned to their home shelf first, it could be fun, espcially since I feel like I am stopping by Toys R Us 5 times a week to check for new products.:yes:

The TRU nearest to my house has had 5 Lars Homestead packs on "clearance" for $29.99 for months. I'd probably buy 1 at $19.99 and would for sure at $14.99. I'd buy all 5 if they were marked down to $10 and give them away as gifts. But that'll never happen. I was acutally thinking about making an offer to the manager, but I don't have the "onions" to do it.

Darth Metalmute
07-22-2010, 03:08 PM
The Lars homested on the TRU near me sold out at 24.99.

When I was collecting every figure, I used to go to the store and sort the pegs by figure when I couldn't find the one I was looking for. That way there would be alot of empty pegs and several pegs with 12 of one figure.

I actually want the two endor sets, but I won't pay full price for 2 new figures and a bunch of re-releases.

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I caved and bought the Endor set which included the Ewok with glider. I bout it during one of their buy one get one 50% off sales a few months back (April maybe?) I had almost bought the figure alone on ebay for $10 ($13 w/shipping) so when I had the chance to get the whole set for about the same price I took it. I have not and will not buy the medal ceremony set unless it get marked way down. Based on my sons' track record, we'd lose the medals in 4 days anyway. :sad: Repacks are a way too common in this line, but I gues that is how they get you... They know you'll cave eventually to get the new figures :yes:

Yesterday, after finding the GH AT-AT I stopped by Smith's Market Place (Utah's version of Fred Meyer) and found the GH Sarlaac Pit set with the skiff for 60% off, which was too good to pass up. My stubbornness paid off in this case I guess. They were closing out a lot of SW stuff. They have 6 B.A.D. figures on the pegs, currently marked 60% off: 1 - Yarna, 1 - Bail Organa, 1 - Breha Organa, 2 - Plo Koon (w/ removeable mask and HK-50 piece), and 1- Bespin Gaurd. Even at $3.20 per figure, I still passed. Does anybody need these to complete a B.A.D???

DarkJedi5
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I am getting to the point where I want to purchase all of old, shelf-warming cinema scenes from the Toys R Us nearest to my house and return them to the one furtherst from my house. Then maybe they would get these new sets... It would probably backfire and the near-by store would have all the other stores send them their back-logged stock since they sold through theirs or somesuch.:rolleyes:

I do love the idea of hiding them... you could make it into a game by marking the sets in an inconspicuous manner and see which ones get returned to their home shelf first, it could be fun, espcially since I feel like I am stopping by Toys R Us 5 times a week to check for new products.:yes:

I doubt hiding them would do it since they are on auto-reorder based on computer inventory numbers. If they don't go out under the scanner then they don't get reordered. Stealing them off the shelves wouldn't even solve the problem.

I actually want the two endor sets, but I won't pay full price for 2 new figures and a bunch of re-releases.

There seemed to be a few good figures in the recent GH sets but I don't buy vehicles and I will not buy the sets because of too many repacks. If it was a two pack with one great new fig and a repack I'd bite but I won't buy two new figures and five old figures.

Darth Metalmute
07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I doubt hiding them would do it since they are on auto-reorder based on computer inventory numbers. If they don't go out under the scanner then they don't get reordered. Stealing them off the shelves wouldn't even solve the problem.

Sometimes, when you can show an associate an empty shelf, you can get then to place an order on the spot. I've been able to get Target to do that a couple of times and one employee at TRU. But that was back when I was a serious collector. I haven't done it recently, mainly because I haven't seen the TRU employee there in a long time.

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I just think it'd be fun to see how long it would take them to find all the sets and return them to the correct location.

These new sets are very tempting despite the high repack count. The GONK droid and the young Boba and the Kaminoan are pretty sweet-looking. I just don't know what I'll do with another AOTC Obi-wan and R2-D2...maybe customizing is the answer. My son would probably have a heart attack if he saw me cutting the head off of one of his 10+ AOTC Obi-wans... he's pretty attached to them all.

Fat Valentino
07-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I grabbed an extra GH AT-AT at Toys R Us today, (last two left) and would be glad to send it off to a fellow GH fan in trade for some combination of cash and much needed characters...Especially Ewoks, Asjja Ventress, and Pregnant Padme. I also grabbed an extra Fixer/Boss and Cad Bane/what's her name...I got needs!

bkusna
07-22-2010, 11:13 PM
i"ve got all those figures you need.....do you open them cuz cards are not mint

Fat Valentino
07-22-2010, 11:17 PM
I usually open them as soon as I get to the car...

PM me if you want to make the trade.

Darth Jax
07-22-2010, 11:28 PM
i'm hoping that i'll see the AT-AT after WM and target put the new stuff out in a couple weeks. if i had to rely on TRU i'll never get one.

i've been impatiently waiting since the first pics of it went out ages ago.

bkusna
07-22-2010, 11:35 PM
the GH AT-AT is sweet...my son and I had a huge GH battle tonight....it's sturdy and can handle a beatin.....:pleased:

Ando
07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I GOT IT!
I GOT IT!
I GOT IT!
I GOT IT!

I went to the TRU by my house last night on a whim and they had two GH AT-AT's on the shelf! I bought one for myself and the other for my nephew for Christmas.

It's awesome and everything!

sonofsokol
07-23-2010, 11:32 AM
I got an email from a friend in Texas who found the two new exclusive cinema scenes at Toys R Us yesterday! Sounds like I'll be spending another lunch break at TRU today...

ShaakB
07-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that Amazon has the AT-AT for $45.51 with free shipping. I figured by the time I drove back and forth to stores looking for it, I would end up paying the extra $5 in gas money. It is a done deal.

Also, I was reading the posts about TRU and laughed. I actually bought six of two-packs (I already own) when they were buy 1/get 1 50% off. Once the new sets come in, I'm going to try to exchange them. Even if I don't get a straight across trade, at least I took six packs off the shelf for a while.:twisted:

Alpha 315
07-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey, about the AT-AT. Does the side hatch that houses the speeder fit a few troops in along, or just the speeder? Doesn't matter really, I'll wind up grabbing one anyways. :P

Ando
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey, about the AT-AT. Does the side hatch that houses the speeder fit a few troops in along, or just the speeder? Doesn't matter really, I'll wind up grabbing one anyways. :P

Yeah, you can get a few guys in there with the speeder. FYI, the door has a couple of attachment points for the speeder bike so that it doesn't rattle around.

Alpha 315
07-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Sweet. :D
I get to finally complete the battle I started by blowing them up with an AT-AT.

Darth Metalmute
07-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Picked up Cad Bane and the Commandos Saturday. No signs of the AT-AT yet.

sonofsokol
07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
My 5-year-old and I opened up the GH AT-AT on Saturday...what a sweet toy. I am impressed with with how well the legs stay on and how stable it is. It is a great addition to the collection. I hope everyone that wants one is able to find it.

Alpha 315
07-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll find mine in the mail on Wednesday...

Ando
07-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I all honesty, I think I like my GH AT-AT better than my all new Big AT-AT. Don't get me wrong, the big one is pretty darn cool, but the GH version is ADORABLE!

Darth Metalmute
07-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I'll find mine in the mail on Wednesday...

Who did you go through? I looked at all the retail sites and couldn't find it.

Alpha 315
07-27-2010, 01:26 AM
I bought on Amazon. Free shipping just ran out a few hours ago, though. :(

GH_fan
07-28-2010, 04:51 PM
JUST READ THIS SDCC INTERVIEW WITH HASBRO .... DOES THIS MEAN THAT WE WILL BE GETTING A DARTH REVAN?

"JT: Recently we were told that Galactic Heroes are kid-focused. We've always heard that, and it's obvious since it came from a Playskool line, but some of these characters are definitely not kid-focused.
DD: Ha! You're right. Here's the thing, we know we have fans active in Galactic Heroes because we see it in the Q&A that comes in, and we've taken some chances on character selection like Republic Commandos and the Mandalorian Warriors that are a little more Pre Vizla, a little bit more collector-focused, not as important characters to kids, maybe not even recognizable, we've done Darth Revan and those guys before. So we feel a line like Galactic Heroes which has had a lot of characters to date can support a few new additions like that, but going forward we're going to be very cautious about that and really there won't be too many of those in the line as we go forward. So it might be the last that you see of these more collector-targeted figures.
JT: Well, Republic Commando, no kids have heard of Republic Commando.
DD: Yeah, but in a way, both of those are safe choices, all of the ones that mentioned because they're still clones and they're cool-looking clones, so that set, the Republic Commandos, will sell to any audience. And the Mandalorian Warriors, they have good presence in the series and they fit that kinda Boba Fett/Jango Fett frame there that's so popular with kids, so we figure... and you know, Darth Revan's a Sith, and kids can't get enough of "bad Jedis", so those all really fit. But we're... probably going forward we're not going to see as many of those kinda Expanded Universe guys in the line."

El Chuxter
07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Yes. We will be getting Darth Revan.

However, he will be released in the GIJoe line, where he belongs. :p

DarkJedi5
07-28-2010, 07:43 PM
JT himself said he didn't press on the issue cause he's not up on the GH line as it stands but it could have been a simple mistake. They were also talking about mighty muggs which did have a Revan and so it's possible there was some confusion. JT also pointed out that it is possible that one is coming since these guys are two years ahead of the curve it's possible DD lost track of what was already at retail. Seems like it would be a stretch though. Who do you pair him with? Bastilla?

GH_fan
07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for that info! Maybe we can press the issue in the Q&A?

Alpha 315
07-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey, does anyone know where I put in batteries for my AT-AT walker? Just got it today, I must say the whole 18 minutes I've used it have been truely awesome.

schoolhater18
07-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Hey, does anyone know where I put in batteries for my AT-AT walker? Just got it today, I must say the whole 18 minutes I've used it have been truely awesome.

it took me a good half hour of examining the AT-AT to find it.. its in between the hind legs and has a screw

Darth Metalmute
07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
I just ordered two AT-AT's from Target.com. They came free shipping and I used a 5 dollar promotional code from couponmountain. They said shipping isn't until the 5th, but we will see.

sonofsokol
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Congrats on the find DM! You are gonna love them.

Back to the possibility of a GH Darth Revan...

Who do you pair him with? Bastilla?

Bastilla would be awesome and given that she won the fans choice for the main line, that may give her a push. I would absolutely love to see a Darth Malak... The image in my head of those 2 is amazing. If they did do a 2 pack of Revan and Malak it would only make sense to release a couple "good guys too, like maybe Bastila and Carth Onasi, or, if I may dream a bit bigger, HK-47???
I am not holding my breath, but will keep 2 fingers tightly crossed for the next few weeks/months...

Lastly, if anybody is still having trouble finding the battery door on the AT-AT I can take some pics and post them...

Alpha 315
07-29-2010, 01:10 PM
I got the batteries in my AT-AT in place, and then my Millenium Falcon started to die on me yesterday. 9 years though, that's a long time to hold out for me! :razz: Do any of you know if the battery compartment on the Falcon is the dark grey spot on the underside, to the right of the front leg?

Ando
07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I got the batteries in my AT-AT in place, and then my Millenium Falcon started to die on me yesterday. 9 years though, that's a long time to hold out for me! :razz: Do any of you know if the battery compartment on the Falcon is the dark grey spot on the underside, to the right of the front leg?

The battery door on the Falcon is on the underside and it's a sort of triangular piece with a screw in the middle of it.

sonofsokol
08-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Toys R Us Exclusive Cinema Scenes are on their website right now:eek:

Purchase of the Droids (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3549431)

Kamino Showdown (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3519308)

What to do...what to do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-02-2010, 01:06 AM
I don't know if this will help anyone, and I am sure many of you are already aware, but my local Big Lots has Galactic Heroes on sale. Can't remember the price, but they usually are cheaper than the lot, and I can't remember the assortment, but they are usually a wave or two behind.

Darth Metalmute
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Got my "robot Moo-Cows" in the mail today. They both love them. My daughter is already scaring the dog with it.

I hope it's durable, she's running it into everything.

sonofsokol
08-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Found the new some of the new 2-packs yesterday evening at Smiths Market Place (Utah's version of Fred Meyer). They had the Emporer/Vader, Dooku/Commando Droid, and Shirtless Maul/Obi-wan packs. Unfortunately, they did not have the new Mando 2-pack.

Lord Foortwenti
08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Toys R' US has 2 new, and exclusive, Cinema Scenes. I haven't seen em in my local store yet, and the Scenes are never included in the "store inventory finder", but I am going to check this afternoon for them and the walker, I know they are all in-stock on the website though (links below).

The new scenes each have an interesting exclusive figure that actually make these worth while, imo. The first is the Kamino Showdown (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3519308) from Ep.2 which has a young Boba Fett as the exclusive, but also has the female Kaminoan which was only ever included in a previous Cinema Scene. The second is the Purchase of the Droids (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3549431) from Ep.IV which has an Owen Lars figure, this set doesn't have as much good stuff as the Kamino one, but it's still a solid set I guess.

GH_fan
08-13-2010, 03:01 PM
CV - Hasbro Report AT ST set with 2 Snowtroopers, Vader and Driver .... Wave 3 packs include a new Luke and Darth Vader, Senate Commando & Aqua Battle Droid and Training Clone and Sgt Bric plus one 2 pack they can't reveal.

bkusna
08-13-2010, 03:05 PM
CV - Hasbro Report AT ST set with 2 Snowtroopers, Vader and Driver .... Wave 3 packs include a new Luke and Darth Vader, Senate Commando & Aqua Battle Droid and Training Clone and Sgt Bric plus one 2 pack they can't reveal.

Can't believe KOHL's will be getting exclusives......:rolleyes:

Alpha 315
08-13-2010, 04:54 PM
CV - Hasbro Report AT ST set with 2 Snowtroopers, Vader and Driver ....

A Galactic Heroes AT-ST? They just put out an AT-AT, why must they torture us sooo??? :cry:

Alpha 315
08-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Whoa, I found a picture (ok, ok, someone else found it) of the two Mandolorians in their box. It's one Mando warrior, and that dude with the funny name.

Ando
08-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Whoa, I found a picture (ok, ok, someone else found it) of the two Mandolorians in their box. It's one Mando warrior, and that dude with the funny name.

Pre Visla.

I found this on Tuesday on my way home from work.

figrin bran
08-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Why did that AT-ST have to be a Kohl's exclusive? The locations by me have such disorganized toy sections that it's hard to envision them having these in any great numbers.

bkusna
08-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Why did that AT-ST have to be a Kohl's exclusive? The locations by me have such disorganized toy sections that it's hard to envision them having these in any great numbers.

i totally agree...i think i've seen better organization at garage sales...kohl's is a joke and it's disappointing that something this COOL is an exclusive at such a ram-sacked retail store......

sonofsokol
08-14-2010, 11:46 AM
the new Vader looks awesome!!!

Fat Valentino
08-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Is there a picture up somewhere?

sonofsokol
08-14-2010, 04:51 PM
The new Vader was shown as part of the Hasbro Slide Show at Celebration 5 along with the Kohl's exclusive AT-ST

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g6086-panel.html

Here's the slides from the presentation

Fat Valentino
08-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Boy, that is a cool Vader!

DarkJedi5
08-14-2010, 05:21 PM
I was reading along as Steve or JT was writing the live feed and said, "Another Vader and Luke? Snooozer." And promptly had to eat my words when I saw the slides up. Vader looks great and Luke is good enough as an all new fig. Not really excited about the other two sets from that wave so I'm hoping the "mystery" set really is cool and not just some unseen character from CW that they don't want to spoil. I mean, I know we haven't seen the episodes for some of the other stuff but the Aqua droids are in one of the Season 3 previews and Sgt. Brick has his own mail-away so he's not really a secret either.

El Chuxter
08-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Wow...

"Kohl's exclusive."

I never thought I'd see the day.

RUSHBOY
08-14-2010, 10:12 PM
That new Vader looks like it's about to scold Luke ...

Vader: Where have you been and why haven't you joined the Darkside yet ?

Luke: WTF ?

Darth Metalmute
08-16-2010, 09:27 AM

I went there Friday to check if they got some early like all the other stores have. I wouldn't even call that section of the store a toy section. It's more like, "random junk thrown it any location from 2 years ago" section.

Needless to say, we are either going to never see it, or it will be on clearance in bulk in two years.

bkusna
08-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I went there Friday to check if they got some early like all the other stores have. I wouldn't even call that section of the store a toy section. It's more like, "random junk thrown it any location from 2 years ago" section.

Needless to say, we are either going to never see it, or it will be on clearance in bulk in two years.

when is it supposed to be released?

Darth Metalmute
08-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Septmember 1 was what I saw. But everything is being released early than the date.

Ando
08-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Wow...

"Kohl's exclusive."

I never thought I'd see the day.

I just *HOPED* I'd never see the day.

This will be worse than a WM exclusive. At least worse than a WM exclusive in Portland that is.

GH_fan
08-16-2010, 01:24 PM
I just *HOPED* I'd never see the day.

This will be worse than a WM exclusive. At least worse than a WM exclusive in Portland that is.
I went to Kohls today to see what all the fuss was about .... $10.99 for a 2 pack!!! the older waves were on sale 60% off ... still cost $4.39

Ando
08-16-2010, 01:50 PM
I went to Kohls today to see what all the fuss was about .... $10.99 for a 2 pack!!! the older waves were on sale 60% off ... still cost $4.39

Yikes.

Man I hate exclusives. How does a second rate department store with inflated prices land a TOY exclusive? I get that WM gets exclusives, but Kohls?

If WM in Portland managed their exclusives better, I wouldn't boycott them, but they bungle them EVERY time! So I don't even bother anymore.

TRU and Target are MUCH better at it. TRU to the point where you can find them MONTHS and maybe even a YEAR later (I saw their 2008 ARC 170 exclusive on the shelf next to the general release 2009 Shadow ARC 170 at the same time). But at least you can get them here in Portland. And Target's pretty good about exclusives, too.

Darth Metalmute
08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I got the BAT-AT and now my daughter thinks its mommy robot moo-cow and baby robot moo-cow.

bkusna
08-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I got the BAT-AT and now my daughter thinks its mommy robot moo-cow and baby robot moo-cow.

That's hilarious!!!!!!lol my son calls his GH at-at the baby one......lol

Ando
08-20-2010, 02:45 PM

Adorable!:love:

Stolen CCG License
09-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I went to Kohls today to see what all the fuss was about ....

Has anybody seen this set yet? It's hard to motivate myself to make many toy runs to Kohl's.

"Hello, sir!" as I walk straight toward the lady side of the store. "Goodbye, sir!" as I leave 20 seconds later. Repeat.

sonofsokol
09-19-2010, 02:53 PM
There is not a Kohls that is conveniently located for me to stop at on any regular basis, so I have not been in a store here. I check their website a couple times a week with no sign of it there. It is a shame that such a great set will not be widely available.

ShaakB
09-19-2010, 06:34 PM
I went into Kohls last week. They had NO Star Wars toys at all, and no room for them on the shelves. I asked them when they would be getting the exclusive, and they looked at me like I was crazy. I commented on the lack of Star Wars, but they had no response for that, either.

sonofsokol
09-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Check this out from Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-GALACTIC-HEROES-BARRISS-OFFEE-QUINLAN-VOS-/170545526358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b54e3656)!

Awesome 2-pack, though I had been keeping my fingers crossed for Bastila and Darth Revan

El Chuxter
09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Oooh, I want that one. It will make me un-retire from Galactic Heroes collecting.

jonthejedi
09-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Took advantage of the buy 2, get 1 free special at TRU & picked up some sets I hadn't gotten(since I was concentrating on Vinatge & CW. Also saw Kamino Defense & Purchase of the DRoids cinema scenes for the 1st time.

Darth Metalmute
10-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I went into Kohls last week. They had NO Star Wars toys at all, and no room for them on the shelves. I asked them when they would be getting the exclusive, and they looked at me like I was crazy. I commented on the lack of Star Wars, but they had no response for that, either.

They did a toy re-stock at the Kohls nearby. No AT-ST set. No room for any AT-ST set. They did have vintage wave 2 and legends along with some new GH figures.

Stolen CCG License
10-18-2010, 03:24 AM
They did a toy re-stock at the Kohls nearby. No AT-ST set.

Boy, that finally alerts me to a few questions you guys probably anticipated way before me. How often can a Kohl's possibly bother to re-stock its afterthought toys section? These AT-STs will get stocked, what, one time? There's no way they'll sit in some regional warehouse and be steadily measured out every time a few UPCs get rung up at the register. And if that's the case, how many of these large, expensive, toys will any Kohl's be able to make room for all at once? If they even make it into the store, a single collector can wipe out every AT-ST that will ever get within 50 miles of you? How low can this total production run have been?

Now I see why you're all so pessimistic. Here I was, just vaguely annoyed at having to shop for toys at a department store.

Oh, looks like some English guy came up with at least 8 of these sets (http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-EXCLUSIVE-GALACTIC-HEROES-HOTH-AT-ST-ASSAULT-/130444511077?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionF igures_JN&hash=item1e5f194765). How does that happen?

Darth Metalmute
10-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Oddly enough, the only ebayers that have them are from Europe.

GH_fan
11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Fri & Sat only at TRUS GH 40% off

Darth Metalmute
11-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Kohl Bi-monthly update.

They had another toy reset since my last visit. Nothing new, but everything rearranged. Looks like they could be expecting some big ticket toys soon.

GH_fan
11-10-2010, 10:16 AM
All,
it was announced by Hasbro in the last Q&A that the AT-ST will not ship this Fall .. no shipping date was given but there have since been rumors that it will not ship to Kohl's at all ... it has been released in the UK at Argos(at approx $40) .. and that is why it has surfaced on Ebay

Jedi News Q&A (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=4115)

DarkJedi5
11-13-2010, 03:35 AM
Very surprised to see on shelf today a new ESB Luke/Vader and a Quinlan Vos/Barris Offee. They are great... didn't see the other two sets in the wave though.

sebillba
11-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Very surprised to see on shelf today a new ESB Luke/Vader and a Quinlan Vos/Barris Offee. They are great... didn't see the other two sets in the wave though.

I saw these as well this week in Tesco - there were at least 8 new (to me) packs, so we probably got two waves in one go - only one of each though... I can't remember what the other sets were, but there was a new Dooku, Palpatine, Pre Vizla and lots of clones. I didn't get any at the time, but later wished I'd got the Offee set, so went back the next day, and it was still there. :thumbsup: I was tempted by Vader, but thought Luke was just a repack... thinking about it, I suppose he had the new style transparent lightsabre, but not sure if there's any other difference.

sebillba
11-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I had a voucher that allowed me to get two more GH sets for 97p each, so I popped back today, and was amazed to find most of the sets still there.... as far as I could tell, only the Palpatine set had gone (which I probably would've bought myself). So I got Vader/Luke and Sgt Bric/Echo - the latter two don't really mean anything to me, but I thought Bric would work well with my Cantina figures.

DarkArtist
11-19-2010, 10:55 AM
All,
it was announced by Hasbro in the last Q&A that the AT-ST will not ship this Fall .. no shipping date was given but there have since been rumors that it will not ship to Kohl's at all ... it has been released in the UK at Argos(at approx $40) .. and that is why it has surfaced on Ebay

Jedi News Q&A (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=4115)

thats not good news at all... was hoping that my wife would be able to pick this set up and use her employee discount on it... bummer.. so is it officially cancelled as a Kohl's exclusive or is it just delayed till 2011?

sonofsokol
02-01-2011, 01:44 PM
So I have a cousin who lives in London and before Christmas I had her buy an AT-ST at an Argos store over there to give to my 5-year-old son. She shipped it on December 4th and it did not show up until yesterday. I had just about given up on it ever showing up after 8 weeks, but 8 weeks and 2 days later here it is. I really hope that Hasbro can work something out with some retail outlet to release these here. It is a sweet addition to the GH family.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5132/5406141895_b18dbce8e5.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sokolfamily/5406141895/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5252/5406748106_bf4210fc46_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sokolfamily/5406748106/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5015/5406748204_92eb699c3e_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sokolfamily/5406748204/)

DarkJedi5
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Unrelated to the topic of the thread, but my sister mailed some packages from Glasgow about the beginning of December and they only just arrived this week. I guess they must have been really backed up with the mail over there.