PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in this LEGO pic ?

2-1B
02-25-2002, 10:39 PM
I scanned this picture from the Jedi Starfighter booklet . . . it includes Yoda, the crane, and Dooku, but what's the deal with the Count's ride? It looks like some sort of speeder, but I don't recall hearing of this in any of the spoilers.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything about this :confused:

Beast
02-25-2002, 10:59 PM
Dooku escapes from the Arena on his speeder, heading to where his ship is stored. Thats where Anakin and Obi-Wan chase after him and then proceed to battle him while the rest of the remaining Jedi's and the Clonetroopers are busy moping up the rest of the droid army. There is a shot of it in te background of one of pictures of it from the trailer, I'll see if I can dig it up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-25-2002, 11:32 PM
Here it is in close-up from the the trailer.:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Co Jo-Da
02-26-2002, 12:37 AM
Is a cool speeder but it's to bad that Count Dooku only uses it to go from Point A to Point B...

LTBasker
02-26-2002, 12:39 AM
Dooku: "Wow... sweet speeder, it's gotta be a '59."
Yoda: "Get away from that speeder, you will. Mmm..."
Dooku: "Woah little dude, I was just admiring it, but while we're here bring it on!"
[Yoda's lightsaber ignites]
Dooku: "Man I'm outta here, this is too much for me!"
:rolleyes:

JediTricks
02-26-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Is a cool speeder but it's to bad that Count Dooku only uses it to go from Point A to Point B... What would you expect him to use it for? Maul only used his speeder to get from point A to B, then he jumped off it (I wonder if it just kept going without the rider and is still circling Tatooine 32 years later ;)).

Beast
02-26-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
What would you expect him to use it for? Maul only used his speeder to get from point A to B, then he jumped off it (I wonder if it just kept going without the rider and is still circling Tatooine 32 years later ;)).
Maybe lucas will add it into the backround of ANH in the 2006 Archival Editions on DVD. Perhaps zipping past when Obi-Wan helps Luke up after the Tusken Raider attack, or maybe in the Jawa Sandcrawler parked in a corner. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
02-26-2002, 02:33 AM
LOL!!! That is pretty darn funny you two! I could just see the thing zipping past (sans rider) in the background of a shot on Tatooine from the OT!

LTBasker
02-26-2002, 03:19 AM
Well since he did survive that battle I'm sure he retrieved it... only thing I wonder is how he would've caught it. :D I can picture him chasing it behind a rock and then him running the other way with it chasing him... :rolleyes:

Beast
02-26-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Well since he did survive that battle I'm sure he retrieved it... only thing I wonder is how he would've caught it. :D I can picture him chasing it behind a rock and then him running the other way with it chasing him... :rolleyes:
Maybe it has a kill switch like a lawnmower, as soon as he jumped off that cut the engine and it only went as long as momentum and pyshics would have allowed. Plus he has his little remote control bracelet for the Sith Probe Droid. Maybe he has a remote device to control the speeder in the bracelet as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-26-2002, 05:17 PM
It's being referred to as a Geonosian Speeder, not Dooku's, so it's probably borrowed, much like Anakin rides off in a hotrod owned by a senator. But the Interstellar Sail Ship is his. Pretty interesting information, if not exactly 'canon'. From episode-x:

The Geonosians offer Count Dooku his unique ship as a gift for thanks for the lucrative deal Dooku has offered them by setting them up to produce millions of battle droids in the foundaries scattered across the Galaxy.

The ship is a Punwoorcca 116-class Sloop combined with an elegant antique sail supplied by the Count himself. An antiques dealer near the Gree Enclave sold Count Dooku this unique sail. It is made up of exotic material that reflects otherwise undetectable energy in space. As a result, Dooku’s ship has a style and independence that sets it apart from all other space vehicles.

Geonosian engineers attached this antique sail to the ship on Dooku’s instructions to provide independent power to the ship, without the need to carry fuel (apart from guide thrusters). His beautiful ship has been specially designed with fancy interior decoration and a large databook library. When Dooku’s luck in battle takes a turn for the worse, the Count flees to his escape vessel and slips away into the sky.

Ah, Dooku, the scholar-Sith. :)

But anyways, the other personal craft I want to see is Uv Gizen's Senate Scooter, which he rides to deliver the news of Padme's demise...

Beast
02-26-2002, 09:04 PM
Cool information Lord Tenebrous, I definatly wanna see this ship produced in toy form. Hopefully Hasbro will decide to make it, even though they never did produce Maul's Sith Infiltrator. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-26-2002, 09:32 PM
They can do it, it'll just require some assembly. The ship itself is probably roughly the size of Slave 1, but the sail (whistles). Well, just take a look at a schematic, and you'll see what I mean.

I want it too. It's sweet. And it sounds like the ship without the sail is similar to a Geonosian Fighter, so it could be marketed as both, with instructions for how to prepare either vehicle. :)

LTBasker
02-26-2002, 09:39 PM
Yeesh, how the heck does he store that sucker? Space bags? :D