PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Count Dooku

Jedi Clint
02-26-2002, 12:18 AM
T'Bone and Episode X are to thank for this info:

Upon learning of Obi-Wan's peril, Anakin and Padmé have decided to head to the rocky industrial planet of Geonosis, disobeying a direct order by the Jedi Council. Tugging along R2-D2 and C-3PO, they arrive and land in Geonosis City. Before they descend their spaceship, the Royal Cruiser, they have an argument on board.
"I'm not letting you go out there. It's too dangerous" deems Anakin.

Padmé cannot quite believe what she's hearing here. "What?!?"

Anakin explains that his job is to protect her and repeats that it's too dangerous. "You're not going, and that's final!"

"Don't you give me orders, Annie! I'm a Senator of the Galactic Republic". She goes on saying how he has no authority to contain her, restrain her, or direct her! "You remember your place, young man". She stands up and prepares to leave the ship. "Now you can come along and protect me or stay here. It's up to you."

Padmé storms out of the cockpit of the Naboo Starfighter. Anakin stands scratching his head, then follows.

Artoo beeps and whistles, and C-3PO answers, agreeing that yes, it is most confusing. He says that one moment they're generating a pleasant mutual attraction and the next, waves of violent hostility. "Even though I'm programmed to understand them, I doubt if I ever shall."

Artoo whistles a plaintive sigh.

Anakin and Padmé decide to come to the aid of the captured Obi-Wan Kenobi on Geonosis. They set out from their transport and enter the stalagmite city. They look around the corridors curiously wondering about the emptiness they're encountering. "It's empty." says Padmé in a low voice quite reminicent to Leia's when she exits the Millennium Falcon and walks on that asteroid in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

They press on, but above trouble is brewing. Atop the great pillars, the formations appear to swell and pulse. Then some of the winged Geonosians sort of "grow" from the pillars and detach themselves...

Anakin and Padmé approach the "Central Square" and get to the center but as they do, a group of Geonosians intercept them. Anakin instantly reaches for his lightsaber but Padmé tells him to, "Wait!"

A large group of armed Geonosians appear in front of them. The group parts and the elegant Count Dooku walks through. He bows to them in greeting and speaks to Amidala. "Senator Amidala, I've heard so much about you."

"Count Dooku, I assume." she replies.

He tells her he's delighted to finally meet her and that they have a great deal to talk about, leading them to a Conference Room. Before they depart, Dooku quips, "I hope you can keep your young Jedi under control."

"Don't worry, he's housebroken." she shoots back. Everyone's aware that this meeting is not going to go well...

Padmé and Anakin have landed just outside in the stalagmite city on Geonosis, coming to the aid of Obi-Wan. Upon descending their starship they are confronted by Count Dooku and a large amount of Geonosians, who lead them inside a Conference Room.
Count Dooku sits at a large conference table with Padme on the far side, Anakin standing behind her. Jango Fett stands behind Count Dooku. Ten Geonosian guards are spread watchfully around the room.

Senator Amidala gets straight down to business: “You are holding a Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I am formally requesting you turn him over to me, now.”

Count Dooku counters that he has been convicted of espionage, and will be executed. “In just a few hours, I believe.” Dooku smiles, he knows he is in control.

Padmé sternly shoots back that Obi-Wan is an officer of the Republic. “You can’t do that.”

At this Dooku argues that they don’t recognize the Republic here. “But if Naboo were to join our Alliance, I could easily hear your plea for clemency.”

Anakin has just about had enough and grabs his lightsaber but doesn’t turn it on. Padmé intervenes. “And if I don’t join your rebellion, I assume this Jedi with me will also die?”

“I don’t wish to make you to join our cause against your will, Senator, but you are a rational, honest representative of your people and I assume you want to do what’s in their best interest”, comes Dooku’s reply. He asks her if they aren’t fed up with the corruption, the bureaucrats, the hypocrisy of it all? “Be honest, Senator.”

“The ideals are still alive, Count, even if the institution is failing”.

Dooku has clearly won the upper hand and tries to persuade the Senator even more. “You believe in the same ideals we believe in! The same ideals we are striving to make prominent.”

Padmé argues, that, if what he says is true, he should stay in the Republic and help Chancellor Palpatine put things right.

Count Dooku, the aristocrat and politician he is, unfolds. He reasons that the Chancellor means well, but is incompetent, arguing that he promised to to cut the bureaucracy, but the bureaucrats are stronger than ever. “Senator, the Republic cannot be fixed“. Dooku believes it’s time to start over, the democratic process in the Republic is a sham, a shell game played on the voters“. It will not be long before the cult of greed, called the Republic, will lose even the pretext of democracy and freedom.”

Padmé is desperate, but knows her politics: “I cannot believe that. I will not forsake all I have honored and worked for and betray the Republic”. She says she knows of his treaties with the Trade Federation, the Commerce Guilds, and the others. “What is happening here is not government that has been bought out by business… it’s business becoming government!”

At the end of Part III, Anakin and Padmé were meeting with Count Dooku while a silent Jango Fett stands guard behind Dooku along with many Geonosians. The Count is trying to gain Amidala's support by expressing his distaste and loss of faith in the Republic. Padmé is defiant and still holds true to her ideals seeing that the business is taking over the government.
Count Dooku then asks Amidala if she is willing to betray her Jedi friends. "Without your cooperation I can do nothing to stop their execution." Padmé then asks what is to happen to her and if she is also to be executed. The Count is very patronizing and feigns helpfulness.

"I wouldn't think of such an offense. But, there are individuals who have a strong interest in your demise, M'lady. It has nothing to do with politics, I'm afraid. It's purely personal, and they have already paid great sums to have you assassinated. I'm sure they will push hard to have you included in the executions. I'm sorry but if you are not going to cooperate, I must turn you over to the Geonosians for justice. I've done all I can for you."

Jango then takes that opportunity to walk over to Anakin and say, "I'll take that weapon." motioning to Anakin's lightsaber. Anakin hesitates to hand it over.

The Count looks to Anakin, "You may cause a lot of bloodshed, my young Jedi... but you will not escape." Anakin is still hesitant but Padmé urges him to comply and hand over the lightsaber. He reluctantly listens and gives it to Jango.

Co Jo-Da
02-26-2002, 12:48 AM
Wow, alot of cool info Jedi Clint...

Rollo Tomassi
02-26-2002, 09:27 AM
I love the dialogue in this film!

"He's housebroken." Yeah! That's Darth Vader your talking about. In three years, he'll have to go in his own clothes...

JetsAndHeels
02-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Thanks for posting that great info JediClint.
I already know this is going to be a great movie, but this just
makes me anticipate it even more.

Darth Evil
02-26-2002, 02:34 PM
Uh, oh, looks like Anakin's gonna blow a fuse! :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
02-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Of course he is going to blow a fuse. Look what he ends up doing, and who he ends up becoming.
Its all downhill from here.

Jedi Clint
02-26-2002, 03:34 PM
The Count looks to Anakin, "You may cause a lot of bloodshed, my young Jedi... but you will not escape."

The first time I read this line, I got a li'l chill down my spine. This situation and the exchange between the characters is extemely well done IMO. I also like the way Dooku presents himself to Anakin and Padme.

I appreciate the gratitude guys, but T'bone and co deserve the thanks........without them we wouldn't have this to read at all.

JetsAndHeels
02-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Another thing about Dooku is that you can imagine Christopher Lee saying these things. His voice is haunting, yet legendary.
It is hard to believe the man is 80 years old. He is truly a great addition to the SW saga.
He will make a superb villain.

Darth Evil
02-27-2002, 03:18 PM
Yeah, an 80 year old who's gonna fight with two lightsabers. Very cool. :cool:

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Christopher Lee is the man.
He deserves respect.

Beast
02-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Christopher Lee is the man. He deserves respect.
Darn Right! After seeing Christopher Lee as Saruman in Fellowship of the Ring, I can totally buy him as a Sith Lord. The guy is charming as well as menacing. Heck, I think that he could just be sitting in a chair totally relaxed, and shoot that lil sinister smile and ooze menacing all over. :D I love how they made his saber hilt curved, so that it can be held and used more like a foil. Gives Chistopher Lee a chance to show off some of his accomplished fencing technique. I think that this films saber duel is going to be the most energetic and exciting one ever, with the possible exception of the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel in EIII. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Toad
02-28-2002, 09:09 AM
Can someone show me a picture of this guy?

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2002, 09:24 AM
Here is a pic of him from AOTC.

Co Jo-Da
02-28-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Jango then takes that opportunity to walk over to Anakin and say, "I'll take that weapon." motioning to Anakin's lightsaber. Anakin hesitates to hand it over.

The Count looks to Anakin, "You may cause a lot of bloodshed, my young Jedi... but you will not escape." Anakin is still hesitant but Padmé urges him to comply and hand over the lightsaber. He reluctantly listens and gives it to Jango.

Man I can't wait to see this on the BIG SCREEN, can you!!!!

Beast
02-28-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Man I can't wait to see this on the BIG SCREEN, can you!!!!
*Drool* Nah I can wait. I'm not a Star Wars addict, I can hold out for May 16th. Arghhh, who am I kidding. All this cool stuff that we are seeing pictures of and the figures is making me go crazy. I need the movie to open now. May 16th is seeming further and further away every day. :cry:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Co Jo-Da
02-28-2002, 05:41 PM
Well, you could pay 300 to 500 bucks to see the Special Screenings for Charity but since they is only going to be 10 or so, you'll be hard pressed to get in and if your living in another country it will be harder, much harder. Than again the Charity Premieres are less then a week before May 16th, so I think I'll wait and save a lot of money... ;)

Jargo
02-28-2002, 06:26 PM
Whenever i read an interview with Chris lee he sounds so cool calm and collected. like you'd expect from an eighty year old legendary actor. but he also has an air of super intelligence like he's viewing the interviewers as pond life. he speaks of people asking dumb questions and how ridiculous they sound and the way he phrases it in a sort of schoolteacher way is really scarey. it cuts to the memories of being made to look like a fool at school by sadistic teachers. I wouldn't want to argue with chris lee. And then there's the way he stares down his nose at people. not snooty just commanding. So what if he doesn;t twirl and dance with his saber like the younger guys in this movie. this man could just stand and deliver crap dialogue and make it sound like the best thing you've ever heard. he can turn a chirpy quip into the most sinister jibe. there is no way that anyone will act him off the screen. no amount of mugging or hogging the screen will detract from the fact that when lee is in frame you'll be glued to him, his every intonation and slight movement. Every glance of his creepy staring eyes will mesmerise. Can you tell I'm a fan of his? :D

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Hmm, I wonder if the lightsabers in E2 will be just as or more thrilling as the E1 battle of Obi vs. Maul. :D Aw what the heck, I'm sure everything will be better than E1! :happy:

Anyone else notice that Christopher Lee was in Sleepy Hollow... with Ray Park and Ian Mc(:confused: )?

Beast
02-28-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Whenever i read an interview with Chris lee he sounds so cool calm and collected. like you'd expect from an eighty year old legendary actor. but he also has an air of super intelligence like he's viewing the interviewers as pond life. he speaks of people asking dumb questions and how ridiculous they sound and the way he phrases it in a sort of schoolteacher way is really scarey. it cuts to the memories of being made to look like a fool at school by sadistic teachers. I wouldn't want to argue with chris lee. And then there's the way he stares down his nose at people. not snooty just commanding. So what if he doesn;t twirl and dance with his saber like the younger guys in this movie. this man could just stand and deliver crap dialogue and make it sound like the best thing you've ever heard. he can turn a chirpy quip into the most sinister jibe. there is no way that anyone will act him off the screen. no amount of mugging or hogging the screen will detract from the fact that when lee is in frame you'll be glued to him, his every intonation and slight movement. Every glance of his creepy staring eyes will mesmerise. Can you tell I'm a fan of his? :D
*Applause* Damn straight EJ. Christopher Lee is one of the best villian actors in the history of cinema. Him and Peter Cushing were two of the best actors that the British Cinema ever featured. Nice to see that we agree on some things Emporer J. :D So nice to see that while they can't be together in the same films anymore due to the sad passing of Peter Cushing, they can once again be connected to the same film series with Christopher Lee's casting as Count Dooku in AOTC's. Thank god he survives in this movie and will be back in Episode III to menace everyone again, until he's probably cut down by Anakin to take his place as Palpatine's servant. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-28-2002, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about him surviving. Lucas may yet throw a spanner in the spoiler merchants machines and kill him off as he makes his escape. Unlikely but still a possibility until the final prints are ready to go.

Incidentally you may want to check Chris Lee out in the BBC production of 'Gormenghast' adapted from Mervyn peake's book of the same name. lee plays Flay, the loyal servant of Lord Groan. Although it doesn't match the dizzying technical heights of a star wars or LOTR it certainly reaches a mighty high as far as quality programmes go. It was his performanc in this serialisation that brought him back from obscurity as far as casting agents were concerned and you can see some of his sword play in the later episodes. It should still be readily available to buy on VHS. Not sure if it made it to DVD, probably. Worth a watch definately.

Beast
02-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Incidentally you may want to check Chris Lee out in the BBC production of 'Gormenghast' adapted from Mervyn peake's book of the same name. lee plays Flay, the loyal servant of Lord Groan. Although it doesn't match the dizzying technical heights of a star wars or LOTR it certainly reaches a mighty high as far as quality programmes go. It was his performanc in this serialisation that brought him back from obscurity as far as casting agents were concerned and you can see some of his sword play in the later episodes. It should still be readily available to buy on VHS. Not sure if it made it to DVD, probably. Worth a watch definately.
Cool, I'll look for it. I hope it's on DVD though, I won't support VHS anymore. Very last VHS tape I bought was Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. By the way, if your a huge Christopher Lee fan, I suggest picking up the National Geographic: Behind the Movie "Lord of the Rings" DVD. Very informative, and contains some nice, although way to short interviews with Chis Lee. Also I heard that he recorded a audio commentary for the R2 release of "The Wicker Man". Wish I had a region free player. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks