PDA

View Full Version : Wave 10 - A New Hope

sebillba
10-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't remember anyone saying they've seen this wave yet, so I was really surprised to get an email today saying mine has been shipped (from Star Action Figures). So, I should get these early next week - just a shame I have to wait till Chistmas to see them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-30-2009, 05:39 PM
It sounds like people are finding both this and the ROTS wave now, but I only just saw Malakili yesterday for the first time, and have no other ROTJ figures yet! Hopefully things will start moving soon . . .

pbarnard
10-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I ordered it from HTS. Got the shipping notice. So I wait.

Darth Metalmute
10-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I've seen Han in Stormtrooper Disguise from this line and Scout Trooper from the TPM line but have not seen any other figures or lines in the legacy collection.

Funny thing was I saw the Han today at a Rite-Aid. They only stick one or two figures out at a time so I know the whole box is in storage. Problem is, at 11.99 a figure, who cares?

Old Fossil
10-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I've not seen the ROTJ wave, ANH wave, or ROTS wave yet, just the TMP wave.

I straightened the pegs at WM the other day, arranging things properly by line: CW, Legends, Legacy. It left a lot of space open for Legacy. As I was finishing, the toy dept. manager (a nice guy) came by and said, "Oh, the overnight stockers must've straightened these." I said no, that I had, and that I hoped to see more Legacy out soon. He said he had some in the back that he'd put out. Sounded promising!

When I returned next morning, there were two solid cases of the ESB wave packed solid.:sad: Thanks, Paul.:rolleyes:

DarkJedi5
10-30-2009, 08:49 PM
I got mine today from Brian's Toys. On the whole a pretty solid wave. Least favorite is certainly Leesub, not really a fan to begin with and the figure is straight up boring. Otherwise, the Chewie is good and the Scanning tech is a great figure.

Snowtrooper
10-31-2009, 12:14 AM
I got my order from HTS today, everything except the jawa and scanning trooper. I'm hoping to pick them up at a later time. Its an ok wave. The cantina aliens are not two of the more exciting ones, but they are done nicely and are welcome additions.

sebillba
10-31-2009, 04:54 AM
Of all this year's waves, I think this is the least interesting... I mean, as much as I love Han, Chewie, Jawas, etc, these just aren't different enough, and yet another R2 is the last thing I need, and am only getting him to complete the BAD. The only one I'm really excited about is the Saurin, as he's always been one of my most wanted figs, just a shame they screwed up the eyes.

Devo
10-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Mine is waiting at BBTS as a pile of loot. Not sure I should have it shipped right now because I'm moving out to a rented house next week. The renovation on our own house will finally be going ahead. One day I will have shelves and display units again...one day I will be rid of the endless cardboard boxes. Probably another year of it though :(

DarkArtist
11-01-2009, 02:42 PM
have yet to see this wave at retail and only recently started seeing the AOTC wave in stock at Targets...things are looking grim around here. i have a feeling my wallet is going to be screaming in pain come the Holiday rush as I imagine we will see a boatload of figures on the pegs (clone wars, Legacy waves ROTS, ROTJ, ANH, ESB etc lus hopefully the comic packs.)

morpheus282
11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
I haven't seen any of these. I think when they do show up the scanning trooper is the only one I'm going to go for. I bought R3-A2 from a seller on eBay about a week ago and he arrived yesterday. Gotta say that he's definately one of the best looking droids so far. The dome is completely clear unlike R3-M3. Really sharp looking, I'm probably going to buy enough figures to get a couple more of the domes.

dindae
11-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm not too worried about missing this wave. None of them seem like they are going to fly off the shelf. I'm glad it is coming out now when holiday rush will help clear them out.

Snowtrooper
11-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I think the scanning trooper could be the interesting one to find out of this wave. It sold out almost instantly on HTS and there are alot of people, including myself, who want to army build it. But if the wave ships decent to retail, than it wont be much of a problem.

pbarnard
11-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I think the scanning trooper could be the interesting one to find out of this wave. It sold out almost instantly on HTS and there are alot of people, including myself, who want to army build it. But if the wave ships decent to retail, than it wont be much of a problem.

I'm hoping/praying/wishing the Scanning Trooper will see heavy placement in the greatest hits/Legends line. This seems to be the sort of figure that demands it.

dindae
11-02-2009, 12:35 PM

I think this further proves my point that the scanning trooper is the hot figure for the wave. I'm not saying it's a bad figure or that I'm not going to buy both verions even though I already have two of the older version so I will have doubled the amount in the film. I'm just saying that the guy isn't exactly one that jumps off the screen.

DarkJedi5
11-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these guys dressed the same as the Comm officers in the pit aboard the Executor? That in itself is a good reason to stock up.

pbarnard
11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these guys dressed the same as the Comm officers in the pit aboard the Executor? That in itself is a good reason to stock up.

More or less. There's a few other subtle differences, but for non-customizers, I think they'd pass.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Of all this year's waves, I think this is the least interesting... I mean, as much as I love Han, Chewie, Jawas, etc, these just aren't different enough, and yet another R2 is the last thing I need, and am only getting him to complete the BAD. The only one I'm really excited about is the Saurin, as he's always been one of my most wanted figs, just a shame they screwed up the eyes.
I kind of agree. I found a bit of this wave today at Target. I only found R2, Scanning Trooper and Chewie. I saw Boba Fett too as well, I think, but I passed on that one.

What was funny was when I was going through the checkout. The gal there looked at Chewbacca a little closer and said something like, "for a second I thought he had an iPod and was wondering why they would do that to Chewie."

bigbarada
11-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I found this entire wave the other day and picked up the Scanning Crew Trooper, Saurin, Leesub, and the Jawa w/droid. Aside from some sloppy paint apps here and there, I'm pretty happy with all of these figures. I also saw Han, Chewie, Artoo, Fett, Padme and the Concept Ki-Adi.

The only real annoying thing is that I'm forced to buy that crappy Ki-Adi Mundi figure to complete the green astromech. :upset:

Also Leesub looks better than I expected, but if Hasbro keeps making figures like her, the line is doomed.:dead:

morpheus282
11-14-2009, 04:07 PM
The gal there looked at Chewbacca a little closer and said something like, "for a second I thought he had an iPod and was wondering why they would do that to Chewie."

If I wasn't happily married, I might have to track down that checkout girl. Not many women will stand up in defense of a wookie. :love:

Old Fossil
11-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Not many women will stand up in defense of a wookie. :love:

Ain't that the truth!:twisted:

Turbowars
11-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Also Leesub looks better than I expected, but if Hasbro keeps making figures like her, the line is doomed.:dead:
Hell, figures like her is why I still collect some of Hasbros stuff.

bigbarada
11-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Hell, figures like her is why I still collect some of Hasbros stuff.

Me too, I bought her to show my support for these types of figures and I like her much more than I expected; but I can't see the line lasting too much longer if Hasbro keeps making these kinds of uber-obscure and, frankly, somewhat unappealing looking background extras. Especially, when we need updates for more important Cantina aliens like Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba.

I just dread seeing pegs filled with Leesub's, Pons Limbics and Malakili's (not that I've actually seen a Malakili figure on the pegs in the last decade) and people wondering why the line tanked.

Turbowars
11-14-2009, 05:38 PM
I would agree with you, but Hasbro barley makes any OT figures these days since they cater to the PT and horrible CW junk. As long as the kids stay stupidly crazy about CW we might be able to get all the crazy OT stuff we have always wanted.

bigbarada
11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm actually really happy with most of the figures from this wave. When combined with the Dewback set, you can create some pretty nifty "Streets of Mos Eisley" dioramas.

El Chuxter
11-15-2009, 11:28 PM
"Fifty dollars makes you holler!"
"Let me see your identification."
"You don't need to see my identification."
"Lady, I can see a lot more than your identification. You might want to put on some shorts if you'd like to continue fighting evil today."

bigbarada
11-15-2009, 11:52 PM
"Fifty dollars makes you holler!"
"Let me see your identification."
"You don't need to see my identification."
"Lady, I can see a lot more than your identification. You might want to put on some shorts if you'd like to continue fighting evil today."

:D That cracked me up! Especially the first line. :)

Cane_Adiss
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Great pics BigBarada!

The ANH wave hasn't hit in my area yet, we're just getting the final case asst of ROTJ. I ordered Leesub and Hrchek online and I am very happy with them. Especially Leesub whose been on my wishlist for awhile. She seems to be the most under-rated figure of the line right now. I don't think she couldve been done any better (except for the pink ankle joints). She's SA, and perfectly movie accurate so what more do people want?

I'm eagerly awaiting the corrected-eyes Hrchek. Cantina/ Jabba's aliens are figures Hasbro shouldn't take extreme creative liberties with if there is abundant source material. Hopefully Saitorr will have black eyes, boots and gloves.

Im not really interested in the rest of the wave.

Ando
11-16-2009, 12:34 PM
[quote=El Chuxter;705607"Lady, I can see a lot more than your identification. You might want to put on some shorts if you'd like to continue fighting evil today."[/quote]

Thanks for the great Mystery Men reference, Chux.

Neuroleptic
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm extreamly frustrated as I havn't seen any new figures out here in kansas for MONTHS. Most of the hooks the figures are on are 2/3rds empty, but they just aren't re-stocking them, despite it being fairly close to X-mass.

I especialy want (I think his name is) R2-X2 (Is he in the ANH wave?) and the newest Jawa, but I'm starting to think I may never even see them on the shelves here. We tend to miss wave after wave until a little before X-mas out here, and that's if we're lucky.

The anh wave with the treadwell droid is probably the last legacy wave we've gotten, and it took the wal mart here until last week to get the bad 2 packs in (only one case, of wich I bought 1). On the up side, it dose help keep me from spending too much I suppose.

gba88
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I've really been looking for this wave too. Most places in my area just restocked some old saga legends wave last week!!! Between those and the clone wars junk, idk what's worse.

JEDIpartner
11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I got my order of that mish-mash wave delivered mid last week.

1x Stormtrooper
1x Commander Bacara
1x Plo Koon with removable face mask
1x Agen Kolar
1x Commander Cody
1x Captain Colton
1x Utai Alien
1x Concept Art Series IG-88

DarkArtist
11-18-2009, 11:07 AM
HTS has the wave back in stock with a ship date for some of 7-10 days... just ordered the complete set along with an extra scanning trooper..used the code sw2010 and it still worked

gba88
11-18-2009, 03:59 PM
HTS has the wave back in stock with a ship date for some of 7-10 days... just ordered the complete set along with an extra scanning trooper..used the code sw2010 and it still worked

Thanks for the tip, I ordered the 4 I wanted from this wave :)
Lord knows I'll prob not see them at retail anytime soon. Local WM just restocked saga legends and kmart stocked a bunch of clone wars junk.

morpheus282
11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Saw the post that HTS had the scanning crew in stock while at work, but today sucked and I didn't have time to check it out. Of course, now it's sold out.

Now from our good news department...

I bought the scanning crew tech, Cody, and Boba Fett last week from an eBay seller for a fair price. After you figure in my gas money, hunting time, etc, it comes out about even. They arrived today and I've only had time to open the scanning tech. Great detail on him, and other than the ankle inserts he's about as close to perfect as can be expected. My only real complaint is that the raised Imperial logos on his sholders make the shoulder joints useless. I need to lube the wheels on the cart too - any suggestions?

gba88
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Saw the post that HTS had the scanning crew in stock while at work, but today sucked and I didn't have time to check it out. Of course, now it's sold out.

Now from our good news department...

I bought the scanning crew tech, Cody, and Boba Fett last week from an eBay seller for a fair price. After you figure in my gas money, hunting time, etc, it comes out about even. They arrived today and I've only had time to open the scanning tech. Great detail on him, and other than the ankle inserts he's about as close to perfect as can be expected. My only real complaint is that the raised Imperial logos on his sholders make the shoulder joints useless. I need to lube the wheels on the cart too - any suggestions?

Yeah, he was gone by the time I read this, but oh well. Eventually....

DarkArtist
11-20-2009, 07:26 AM
got my shipping confirmation that they are sending out Han, Chewie and R2 while the rest of the wave is set for a 12/1 ship date. can't wait to get the rest of the wave...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I found Han, the Scanning Crew, and Ki-Adi-Mundi at a Target today. They also had the repacked Deviss and Padmé, but I had those already. So, at least they're out there.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Found a bit more of the wave today, but at K-Mart. I didn't like paying $8.99 for the figures, but you never know what figures are going to be hard to find. So, I got Leesub, Hrchek, Concept Ki-Adi and another Scanning Crew. So, I have all but Han and the Jawa from this wave, and I'll want to get a couple of the Jawas.

gba88
11-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Found a bit more of the wave today, but at K-Mart. I didn't like paying $8.99 for the figures, but you never know what figures are going to be hard to find. So, I got Leesub, Hrchek, Concept Ki-Adi and another Scanning Crew. So, I have all but Han and the Jawa from this wave, and I'll want to get a couple of the Jawas.

Lucky :)

I believe the sales ad at kmart this week (starting tomorrow 11-22-09) says all star wars and gijoe figs buy one get one free....I'll have to check the local wastelands tomorrow morning.

JediTricks
11-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Picked up ANH R2-D2 and Hrchek Kal Fas with his goo-goo-googly eyes.

R2 is pretty good, I like this dome sculpt without the chrome, it looks very sharp. The metallic paint in the blue is good too. I don't like the white deco on the formerly-removable panel though, it doesn't match the rest of the body. The blue electro effect is alright, a little too dark perhaps though. I've gotten too used to the BADs and their accurate "shoulders", which this sculpt is fully missing, I think it's time for R2-D2 to get that quality of design. The BAD part is very nice, I think they meant this one to be frosted and the R3-M3 dome to be clear though.

Hrchek is a new sculpt, don't know why they bothered since they could have used the last Bossk sculpt, since they're very similar rubber masks, but it's a good sculpt (although the open mouth thing is becoming almost a fetish with these reptilian figure heads). Body is decent, deco is good too. Mine has the googly gold eyes which are the backs of the eyes in the movie, I think I might just sharpie over them, but maybe I'll leave it. The holster sticks out like a sore thumb unfortunately, even worse since it sits over a full pocket. And I don't get the left hand pose, seems like they were getting at something. Mine had a weird thing, the left arm wasn't inserted into the socket at all, as soon as I started to take him off the card, the arm fell out. I think the torso wasn't molded right because I can force the arm into the socket as far as the other one, but it won't hold.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I don't know why Hrchek has the open hand either. He can't hold the cup. I didn't see if he could hold it in the other hand since the gun is still strapped in.

Kind of neat that the Scanning Crew accessory has actual wheels on it.

Ji'dai
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Hrchek will hold the cup in his "gun hand." Leesub will hold her cup too, but her ankle holster doesn't hold her blaster very well. If the Cantina aliens have working holsters, I usually put their blasters in them and put a cup in their hand. I figure most spacers wouldn't walk around a bar with gun in their hand.

JediTricks
11-24-2009, 02:34 PM
R2 has a frustrating situation. The ion gun energy effect that snaps around his stalk eyes seems to be scraping the silver paint off his dome. That bodes poorly for this figure's durability. Maybe these scrapes were there before and I just didn't notice all of them, but I get the feeling this could become a problem down the line.

Droid
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't think Hasbro will ever fix the Saurin's eyes.

The 2nd Utai and the 2nd Hoth soldier won't see the light of day. The second Ugnaught is scarce and they said the first one didn't sell well. The
2nd Bespin guard may not happen.

I'll be surprised if we ever see a fixed Saurin or the 2nd scanning crew member.

I continue to worry that they are making a little bit of money on things it was too late to pull back but that they actually know Legacy will come to abrupt end pretty quick here.

If things are wrapping up I really hope to get the Black Bespin Guard first!

gba88
11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
the R2 in this wave.... his panel for the saw utility does not open, is that correct? I picked him up today, and on the back it shows the saw, but the panel seems glued shut on the figure. They should have made the light pipe eye from a lighter plastic....just to get it to "work" I have to shine a flashlight into it.

Neuroleptic
11-24-2009, 09:37 PM
I am getting more and more frustrated with finding the ANH wave with the new Jawa. The only store to Re-stock here recently was target yesterday (finaly). Unfortunately, It's re-stocked with re-carded first runs of the comic two packs where they are painted cartoon like, and the legacy AND clone wars line are all re-stocks of the white stormtrooper/clone trooper card figures only in red cards. ABSOLUTLY NO new figures here since about April.

gba88
11-24-2009, 09:53 PM
I am getting more and more frustrated with finding the ANH wave with the new Jawa. The only store to Re-stock here recently was target yesterday (finaly). Unfortunately, It's re-stocked with re-carded first runs of the comic two packs where they are painted cartoon like, and the legacy AND clone wars line are all re-stocks of the white stormtrooper/clone trooper card figures only in red cards. ABSOLUTLY NO new figures here since about April.

I gave up quick on the jawa/leesub wave.... ordered from HTS, and am waiting. I figured if I find them in the mean time, I'd cancel. I just happened to see an island display in the local wm today with the ig-88 concept wave.... ewoks, han solo, r2-d2, utai, ig-88....and so on. I actually may have walked by the display a couple times this week... I'm prob gonna go an hour out of town after work tomorrow to the closest tru and target. i figure there's no way I'm going on friday (my usual day for this run). I'm sure everything will be utterly decimated after friday morning so there doesn't seem to be a point. I *think* the TRU gets stuff wednesdays and fridays so maybe I'll have some luck.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2009, 10:27 PM
the R2 in this wave.... his panel for the saw utility does not open, is that correct? I picked him up today, and on the back it shows the saw, but the panel seems glued shut on the figure. They should have made the light pipe eye from a lighter plastic....just to get it to "work" I have to shine a flashlight into it.
Yup, it's glued down. The picture on the cardback has the VOTC attachment on, and upside-down, so it's wrong in two ways. :p

How often are you looking? This stuff moves fast, so you might be just missing it.

Anyway, I got R2-D2 and Chewbacca tonight (and already have Han, the Scanning Crew, and Ki-Adi-Mundi, but those are being saved for my birthday or Christmas). R2 looks quite nice with the non-chrome dome, so I expect the Resurgence of the Jedi version will look even better. I would have preferred they keep the panel removable and include a plain one, but I do have several clean(ish) R2-D2s, so it's not horrible. I like the electro effect, even if I'm not sure how to position it properly. Chewie is nice too; it's a version I've wanted for a while so it's nice to finally have it. The missing tooth on the card art is distracting and stupid, but that's the only bad thing about this figure (aside from the ROTJ hairstyle, but that's not awful).

JediTricks
11-25-2009, 02:11 AM
the R2 in this wave.... his panel for the saw utility does not open, is that correct? I picked him up today, and on the back it shows the saw, but the panel seems glued shut on the figure. They should have made the light pipe eye from a lighter plastic....just to get it to "work" I have to shine a flashlight into it.Correct, no panel or attachments, that was a goof on Hasbro's photography, that panel was always meant to be glued in just like on the modern Early Bird Kit and other reuses of that mold, which this figure is.

I am really glad they didn't do the light-piping on this figure. I think that gimmick takes away from the accuracy of R2 figures since R2 had a black radar eye and his stalk eye is the one that lights up - the R2 w/ Holo Leia POTF2 figure is the only one that ever got that right for some reason.

I like the electro effect, even if I'm not sure how to position it properly.The key is that there is a reverse "J" shape in the middle, that goes around the radar eye. The stalk eyes in front hold at 90-degree corners, you have to snap it over those stalk eyes 1 at a time.

The missing tooth on the card art is distracting and stupidBlame Lucas, he is the one who approved the original ANH version of the mask having it, it's the one next to his left canine, the corresponding tooth is there on the right side.

DarkJedi5
11-25-2009, 10:58 AM
The missing tooth on the card art is distracting and stupid, but that's the only bad thing about this figure (aside from the ROTJ hairstyle, but that's not awful).

See, the ROTJ hair does bother me a good deal. I mean, do we see Chewie in the Falcon's cockpit at all in ROTJ? I guess we could use him inside the shuttle, but since they sculpted this head new, why not get it right? The card art at least has the right hair if not all his teeth.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Blame Lucas, he is the one who approved the original ANH version of the mask having it, it's the one next to his left canine, the corresponding tooth is there on the right side.
I don't remember ever seeing this before. Looking at other images of Chewie, there's space for his bottom canine teeth to fit when his mouth is closed, but it doesn't look like he's missing any teeth. Maybe I'm not seeing ANH pictures; was this changed for the other films, or what?

Maybe the hair is correct, after all. This image (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/14/Got_A_Bad_feeling.jpg), which I bet they used while planning this figure, shows Chewie with his hair a little bit more like it is in ESB and ROTJ, even though with the shadows it's difficult to confirm. So, maybe it's all right.

JetsAndHeels
11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Went to Target earlier today and found some new figures on the pegs.

Picked up Han w/Stormtrooper armor, Imperial Scanning Crew, Leesub Sirlin, and Hrchek Kal Fas.

I'm still on the hunt for Plo Koon w/removable mask, Concept IG-88, and the Utai alien.

gba88
11-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Went to Target earlier today and found some new figures on the pegs.

Picked up Han w/Stormtrooper armor, Imperial Scanning Crew, Leesub Sirlin, and Hrchek Kal Fas.

I'm still on the hunt for Plo Koon w/removable mask, Concept IG-88, and the Utai alien.

You found everything I've been looking for, and I've seen everything you've been looking for for a couple weeks now. Stores in our areas need to trade a couple cases :)

JetsAndHeels
11-26-2009, 07:30 AM
You found everything I've been looking for, and I've seen everything you've been looking for for a couple weeks now. Stores in our areas need to trade a couple cases :)

Yeah, it works like that alot of times with distribution. I will keep hunting those figures, as I am sure they will show up somewhere. If not, I will buy them online.

morpheus282
11-26-2009, 10:45 AM
I still haven't seen any new figures since the ROTJ wave. Whatever the distribution problem is, I really wish someone would figure out how to solve it. The K-Mart sale this week was a great opportunity, but every store near me has had the same figures on the shelf since last month. Gotta do some black Friday shopping tomorrow morning, maybe someone will have new figures. Come to think of it, it was this time two years ago that I found Darth Revan and Hermi Odle. Hmm... maybe there's hope yet...

jedibear
11-26-2009, 08:30 PM
I know what you mean about the distribution...every year it seems a little worse...at least for the Legacy line. The CW & re-runs, er, Legends line is falling off the pegs around here, but Legacy is a one-case-a-month thing, if that.

I managed to just miss most of the ROTJ wave, Got Malaki and the Nitko Gunner (cool figure) and this week I managed to get part of the ANH wave.

Got the big bald chick (Leesub Sirlin?) and the cantina denizen (Hrchek Kal Fas) who is a really cool figure...I'm always pleased with how Hasbro renders these "background" characters...great detail and articulation.

I also managed to finally score the AOTC Kenobi on the new card. I'm really impressed with this one...just one small thing would've sent this great figure over the moon...those ball-joint style hips...that would have made this the ultimate version of AOTC Kenobi...as it is though, I like this one a lot.

Now here's hoping I don't miss the ROTS wave...a lot of potential goodness there, with a new Cody, the Utai, the new Koth and Koon. I just hope in this year end madness, this wave and the ESB one don't fall through the cracks up here...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
I also managed to finally score the AOTC Kenobi on the new card. I'm really impressed with this one...just one small thing would've sent this great figure over the moon...those ball-joint style hips...that would have made this the ultimate version of AOTC Kenobi...as it is though, I like this one a lot.
Huh? He has ball-joint hips. Or are you talking about the TPM one, who doesn't have the ball-joint hips?

DarkArtist
11-27-2009, 01:48 PM
be careful if you order the waves from HTS... just got my figures from them today of Han, Chewie and R2 and only Chewie came with a part for the new build-a-droids...both Han and R2 were packed with parts for the YVH-1 droid...now i have to see if I can find the 2 extra parts that are supposed to come with these figures in repacks.....:upset::upset::upset::cry:

jedibear
11-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Huh? He has ball-joint hips. Or are you talking about the TPM one, who doesn't have the ball-joint hips?

Aackk you got me. Was playing around with them both today and yeah, the EpOne Kenobi is missing those superior hip joints, They're both still a real step up from previous versions though.

plasticfetish
12-01-2009, 01:24 AM
I saw most of this wave at Target today. I picked up the Jawa and the Saurin. The Jawa and his little droid look great. Hrcheck Kal Fas is cool also, but has a few sloppy paint areas... nothing I couldn't ignore though.

The rest of the line was either good but had very sloppy paint, or was boring and easy for me to skip.

Luke is weird looking on a lot of levels. His head sculpt is bizarre, and as it turns out, I'm not a fan of the chest piece gimmick.
Padme was decent looking, but my interest level in the character is nearly zero.
Leesub Sirln was one that I wanted, but she had terrible paint, which is sad considering how little of it there is.
The Scanning Crew Technician looks like a great figure, but the one I saw had a crazy eye... which may or may not be movie accurate. Either way, I decided to wait until I saw a better version.
Han Solo w Helmet and Armor had the ugliest face I've seen on a toy in ages. I'm not really wild about that head sculpt.
Chewbacca is just boring. It would take a lot to get me excited about another Chewbacca figure at this point.
Commander Deviss = clone = I'm not interested.
Boba Fett looks decent, but am I missing something? Is there something special about this release of Boba Fett?
And Concept Ki-Adi-Mundi is actually a cool idea, but the paint was weak, so I passed.

DarkJedi5
12-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Boba Fett looks decent, but am I missing something? Is there something special about this release of Boba Fett?

Not really, what you see is what you get. It's the Evolutions mold rereleased on a single card with a new paint job. I was excited about this figure until I saw it as it is far too green for my taste, but I think some people here like it. If you've got the evolutions Fett this is probably an easy pass.

morpheus282
12-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Finally saw this entire wave in the wild at TRU. Picked up the lizard, jawa, and Ki Adi. I already had the scanning crew trooper from an impatient eBay purchase, so I passed on it. Probably would have passed on Ki Adi as well, but I had a $5 off $20 coupon and it made more sense to use it than not at TRU prices.

I don't see what all the fuss is about Leesub, I don't think it's that great of a figure. It may be a good likeness of what we see on screen, but she proves something I learned from several ex-girlfriends. Just because she looks good in a dimly lit cantina doesn't mean she's going to look that good when you get her home.

Old Fossil
12-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Found this whole wave sans the one I wanted most -- the Saurin. But I got the Jawa, and it is very very nice, even if it is a figure I already for the most part have. But none of my other Jawas can sit as well as this one.

He's a cute little fellow and looks very much at home in my mini-diorama of Jabba's Throne Room. I hope to see this Jawa figure used again in the future, perhaps in a cool Battle Pack or along with a BS (Big Sandcrawler) vehicle that Hasbro will never, ever make.:cry:

I also got the Concept Ki-Adi Mundi, to go in my small collection of carded Concept Art figures. It's a cool design and looks nice on the card.

Turbowars
12-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Finally saw this entire wave in the wild at TRU. Picked up the lizard, jawa, and Ki Adi. I already had the scanning crew trooper from an impatient eBay purchase, so I passed on it. Probably would have passed on Ki Adi as well, but I had a $5 off $20 coupon and it made more sense to use it than not at TRU prices.

I don't see what all the fuss is about Leesub, I don't think it's that great of a figure. It may be a good likeness of what we see on screen, but she proves something I learned from several ex-girlfriends. Just because she looks good in a dimly lit cantina doesn't mean she's going to look that good when you get her home.It's not so much the dim light, it's the beer or Long Islands. :yes:

morpheus282
12-04-2009, 10:09 PM
It's not so much the dim light, it's the beer or Long Islands. :yes:

Either way, she's not coming home with me. I learned my lesson on that one, and I learned it waaay too often.

DarkArtist
12-05-2009, 08:40 AM
got the email confirmation today that the rest of my ANH wave is shipped. can't wait to get them. now I just need to find the R2 unit from Empire to get the other leg for that droid I need, and whatever parts for the second build a droid in the ANH wave that I need.

gba88
12-05-2009, 10:10 AM
got the email confirmation today that the rest of my ANH wave is shipped. can't wait to get them. now I just need to find the R2 unit from Empire to get the other leg for that droid I need, and whatever parts for the second build a droid in the ANH wave that I need.

yeah me too... only problem: I found them yesterday! I called HTS since it said the didn't ship but the woman told me there is a 24-48 hour delay on the website shipping status.

This is the second time that I've ordered figures, had them partially ship, then found them the DAY that they shipped!!!

Snowtrooper
12-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I got my notice as well. I was starting to wonder if they were ever going to ship. Alot of times when they list a shipping date, they usually ship up to a week early, a least on the last couple of waves.

Neuroleptic
12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
FINALY found less than one case on the shelf of this wave at target. Passed on DS2 luke due to bad paint and because the arms just don't look right. Only other figure they had was the Jawa, wich I very nearly missed because he'd fallen off the pegs and was between two rows. If it hadn't been for the eyes on the card looking at me JUST as I turned away to leave, I'd have missed him. Very happy with him too . . . except my wife has declared he's an X-mas present.

Snowtrooper
12-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Received my order from HTS today. The Imperial Scanning Crewman looks great and so does the scanner. I'm definitely going to army build this one. The jawa and security droid look pretty sweet, also. Pictures I've seen don't do the security droid justice. I also got Cody with this order and wow, his head is tiny.

Old Fossil
12-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Finally found 2 Saurins today and bought 1. It's a fantastic figure save for those golden orbs he has for eyes. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the frickin' production sample on the back of the card had gold eyes, too, but it has black ones, just like the original prop from the film.

Still, he looks great in my Cantina diorama, arguing with Ellors Madak while Braniac looks on. Guess I should be happy to have the Saurin as he is, and... well, I guess I am!:D It only took 'em 32 years to make the guy.:rolleyes:

DarkArtist
12-15-2009, 02:34 PM
got the rest of this wave today... now I need the head and right leg for the orange droid. hopefully I'll be able to get them with a decent repack of a stormie or clone

Mad Slanted Powers
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I found Han this weekend so I've completed the wave as well, though I could always use another Jawa.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I still need the Jawa from this wave. I'm seeing more and more of the Imperial Scanning Crew and some Han and R2-D2 here and there, so hopefully stores aren't done with this wave quite yet.

El Chuxter
12-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I only saw the Jawa once. Did I get it? Well, y'all know me: the only things that have been produced that I cannot live without--not that I want for my collection, but that I will physically cease to exist without--are little guys with glowing eyes and the green dinosaurs they'd ride if they were two feet taller.

DarkArtist
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
picked up 2 more Scanning Troopers today in target as well as Boba Fett and another R2 for the Droid parts. now that wave is officially done.

Old Fossil
12-16-2009, 05:54 PM
picked up 2 more Scanning Troopers today in target as well as Boba Fett and another R2 for the Droid parts. now that wave is officially done.

I got the Fett yesterday. What do you think of it? I compared it to my Evolutions one, and the latter's color is quite washed-out compared to the new one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Well, I got the Jawa today, so I'm all good on this wave now. I also got the repainted Boba Fett since it looked cool enough in person. Kmart had the entire wave in, which was surprising - they're doing a buy 2, get 1 free sale this week, so it might be worth your time to check it out (with their higher prices, it comes out to $6 per figure, but that's still pretty good).

Ji'dai
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
That Kmart Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale covers all SW stuff apparently. The Comic Packs, Deluxe, and even Turbo Tanks were ticketed with those sales stickers. I only saw two Tanks at my Kmart today, but if you got three they would be $67 each.

I got the ANH wave back in November. The Jawa would be a better value had it been a two-pack and the droid. Otherwise I would've bought a couple more.

morpheus282
12-16-2009, 09:22 PM
That Kmart Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale covers all SW stuff apparently. The Comic Packs, Deluxe, and even Turbo Tanks were ticketed with those sales stickers. I only saw two Tanks at my Kmart today, but if you got three they would be $67 each.

I got the ANH wave back in November. The Jawa would be a better value had it been a two-pack and the droid. Otherwise I would've bought a couple more.

Looks like I'm going to K-mart tomorrow.

bigbarada
12-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I was at Walmart the other day that there was a kid in the Star Wars aisle going through the figures. He couldn't have been too old because he was actually standing inside the shopping cart to reach the figures (no older that 8 or 9). Anyways, he picked out the Scanning Crew Trooper and was telling his grandmother how he didn't have that figure yet and how cool he looked.

So it gives me some hope that there are at least a few kids out there with discerning tastes who don't just mindlessly grab up Clones and Jedi.:pleased:

gba88
12-17-2009, 05:30 AM
Looks like I'm going to K-mart tomorrow.

too bad i've been going to mine since sunday and they only have aout 6 OLD figures. my kmart always does this.... they put a sale on, then don't order stock all week until the sale is off. i'll check after work today, and hopefully find something (but I doubt it).

Devo
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
I was at Walmart the other day that there was a kid in the Star Wars aisle going through the figures. He couldn't have been too old because he was actually standing inside the shopping cart to reach the figures (no older that 8 or 9). Anyways, he picked out the Scanning Crew Trooper and was telling his grandmother how he didn't have that figure yet and how cool he looked.

So it gives me some hope that there are at least a few kids out there with discerning tastes who don't just mindlessly grab up Clones and Jedi.:pleased:

In situations like that I feel like buying the kid the figure myself - only you can't do something like that today without people being suspicious of your motives. Plus there might be a reason that the child isn't allowed get a new toy at a given time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM

I don't think the Jawa is necessarily a bad value, as the droid is quite nice. It's just, coming off of the one from earlier in the year with the giant WED droid and the gun and holsters and everything, it looks a little cheap by comparison.

gba88
12-18-2009, 08:00 AM
too bad i've been going to mine since sunday and they only have aout 6 OLD figures. my kmart always does this.... they put a sale on, then don't order stock all week until the sale is off. i'll check after work today, and hopefully find something (but I doubt it).

Gotta love kmart... they put out about 3 cases yesterday....of wave5 saga legends!!!!! Every time I walk into a store and see fresh cases of CW or saga legends stuff I just keep thinking... "it could have been legacy, it could have been legacy" :(

morpheus282
12-20-2009, 07:54 AM
I went by TRU last night to take advantage of their sale, only Legacy figure I saw on the shelf was Leesub. I almost bought her and another sandtrooper to get the 2/$9.99 deal, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I saw at least three Leesubs, maybe more. On the bright side, it seems this wave is hitting in force. And even better news for Legacy - people are buying them! Maybe someone should tell Hasbro to ship more?

gba88
12-20-2009, 08:04 AM
I went by TRU last night to take advantage of their sale, only Legacy figure I saw on the shelf was Leesub. I almost bought her and another sandtrooper to get the 2/$9.99 deal, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I saw at least three Leesubs, maybe more. On the bright side, it seems this wave is hitting in force. And even better news for Legacy - people are buying them! Maybe someone should tell Hasbro to ship more?

HA. I went to the closest tru on friday for the sale (hour away) and the section was utterly DECIMATED! There were MAYBE about 5 figures left hanging...... It really sucked :( but yeah, it's good that it's selling I guess though i haven't seen this wave in that kind of numbers. 1 case at a target and about 2 or 3 at TRU over the course of a month.

Old Fossil
12-20-2009, 11:12 AM
I got the "Jawa Capture" R2 the other day. It's a great sculpt -- except for the removable panel. Mine fell off when I took R2 out of the package, and it will not reattach securely. It only stays on when the blast effect is in place and holds it down.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm considering glueing the dang thing down, as R2 looks dumb with the panel off and only a shallow hole showing where it was.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I got the "Jawa Capture" R2 the other day. It's a great sculpt -- except for the removable panel. Mine fell off when I took R2 out of the package, and it will not reattach securely. It only stays on when the blast effect is in place and holds it down.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm considering glueing the dang thing down, as R2 looks dumb with the panel off and only a shallow hole showing where it was.
I thought it was supposed to be glued down? Mine seems to be. I suppose you could use the other panels from the VOTC R2-D2 to mix it up a bit, or just glue it to make it like all the others.

gba88
12-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I thought it was supposed to be glued down? Mine seems to be. I suppose you could use the other panels from the VOTC R2-D2 to mix it up a bit, or just glue it to make it like all the others.

hm... yeah, i don't think it's *supposed* to be removable... I think I asked about this back when I got it and saw that the pic on the back didnt' match the figure. back pic shows tools and stuff coming out of the panel iirc.

JediTricks
12-20-2009, 03:02 PM

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm considering glueing the dang thing down, as R2 looks dumb with the panel off and only a shallow hole showing where it was.Mine is glued down, so yours sounds like someone messed up the glue.

Around here, I'm seeing more and more Leesubs and Imp Scanning Troopers. I keep wanting to buy more of them, but have to hold myself back. At the recent TRU 2 for $10 sale, the ONLY Legacy figure I saw was Leesub. At WM's $6 sale, I picked up the Jawa & Security Droid, I actually bought it for the droid part and then Tycho ended up trading it off of me anyway. It's an ok set but I don't love the look of the smooth soft goods compared to the wrinkly upper body. The security droid is also ok but a little lacking. This set is one I'm not sorry I bought at $6, but would have been unhappy at any higher price.

I picked up Chewie for $6 as well, almost entirely due to the R3-A2 part even though I was mostly happy just using a 2nd right leg backwards. Chewie is a pretty lame concept, it's supposed to be him in the ANH headset, but the head sculpt is the ROTJ look, the headset doesn't stay in well, and it easily comes off the bandolier which he shouldn't be wearing since when we saw him in ANH in the cockpit he took off the bandolier. But for EU adventures, it's alright, the VOTC body is still decent (this iteration comes apart a bit too easily though) and the paint and new head are ok.

Saw Concept Ki-Adi-Mundi, but passed him up on my Mundi ban, I can't stand the guy. I had no idea just how pale this figure is in person. Even his lightsaber is pale. I don't care for the overall design, so it doesn't bug me too much that I passed up what could be the only time I see it (if McQuarrie had drawn it, that'd be another story, but if he had, it wouldn't have looked like this).

Seen a bunch of the Han figure, that is one turkey that shouldn't have made it out of China. That said, I went back to those stores and kids seem to have bought them all, so it's good for that.

morpheus282
12-20-2009, 03:09 PM
FYI - the EU wave is starting to show up on eBay. It's not worth considering any of them though since the ones I saw were priced at $60 each figure. If it were $60 for a set, I'd be waiting for them to arrive. :D

bigbarada
12-20-2009, 06:28 PM
FYI - the EU wave is starting to show up on eBay. It's not worth considering any of them though since the ones I saw were priced at $60 each figure. If it were $60 for a set, I'd be waiting for them to arrive. :D

I found them on Amazon for about $50-$60 apiece also. I must have been in a cave or something, but I had no idea that they were coming with parts to build BG-J38. :upset: Looks like I have one more BAD Droid to try to complete. So, I guess I will be looking for this wave, buying them for the Droid parts and unloading the figures as quick as possible.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I found them on Amazon for about $50-$60 apiece also. I must have been in a cave or something, but I had no idea that they were coming with parts to build BG-J38. :upset: Looks like I have one more BAD Droid to try to complete. So, I guess I will be looking for this wave, buying them for the Droid parts and unloading the figures as quick as possible.
The other figures in this wave (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535N) are:
*Cloud City Wing Guard (Utris M'Toc)
*Chewbacca (headset)
*R2-D2 (restraining bolt)
*Darth Maul (shirtless)
*Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

So, nothing really worth buying, except for Utris. It looks like they are relying on main characters to carry the EU stuff along with it.

Old Fossil
12-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear it's an OT droid. Might be wise to go on ahead and order a solid case of these from EE, and use the extras for trade fodder... there should be many of us out there willing to trade or buy the parts for this very unique-looking droid.

morpheus282
12-20-2009, 07:14 PM
*Cloud City Wing Guard (Utris M'Toc) - ok figure, but I can pass
*Chewbacca (headset) - won't have it by the time this wave hits
*R2-D2 (restraining bolt) - ditto
*Darth Maul (shirtless) - got it from the darktrooper sets
*Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) - got it from the R3-M3 wave
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) - don't want it

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering a case since I actually want the EU characters, is there anyone that would consider splitting the cost of the case and taking the repacks for the droid parts? If so, PM me and we'll discuss terms.

bigbarada
12-20-2009, 08:43 PM
The other figures in this wave (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535N) are:
*Cloud City Wing Guard (Utris M'Toc)
*Chewbacca (headset)
*R2-D2 (restraining bolt)
*Darth Maul (shirtless)
*Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

So, nothing really worth buying, except for Utris. It looks like they are relying on main characters to carry the EU stuff along with it.

Of that list, I would definitely buy Utris and might consider buying R2 and Chewie. I already have 2 of the Lukes and I have no interest in Maul or Obi-Wan. So it looks I'm still buying a few of the EU figures for droid parts.

Old Fossil
12-20-2009, 09:51 PM
This is good news for me, as I have not yet gotten that Luke or that Chewie, and I definitely want the Wing Guard, despite initial reservations. I will wait now to try and find them with the droid parts for BG-J38.

sebillba
12-21-2009, 01:17 AM
The only figures I want from this wave are Utris (very much) and the whiphid jedi. And the BAD of course, so looks like ebay for me.

morpheus282
12-25-2009, 02:31 PM
BG-J38 is starting to show up on eBay. Currently too high for my blood though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390135327484&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Turbowars
12-25-2009, 08:59 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390135327484&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Not for me, I found the auction yesterday and bought it immediately! A lot cheaper than buying a crap load of figures you don't want. I know I could had bought them and then sold them, but thats too much of bother for me.

morpheus282
12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, I finally broke down and bought Leesub. That finishes R4-P44 for me, but I still hate the figure. I'll probably keep her though since she was bought on the same day my son was born. Holding him now and typing one-handed. :D

JediTricks
12-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Not for me, I found the auction yesterday and bought it immediately! A lot cheaper than buying a crap load of figures you don't want. I know I could had bought them and then sold them, but thats too much of bother for me.
I guess I understand, but dang, you could have probably offloaded half those figures to Tycho alone.

Turbowars
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM
You kidding, no one wants to pay for shipping.

morpheus282
12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I plan on buying all the EU figures from the wave, and if I have to pay shipping then so be it.

sebillba
12-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, I finally broke down and bought Leesub. That finishes R4-P44 for me, but I still hate the figure. I'll probably keep her though since she was bought on the same day my son was born. Holding him now and typing one-handed. :D

Oh wow, congratulations!! That's great news, well done!! You must be so pleased to have completed that BAD!!

Oh yeah, and congrats on your new son as well!!! ;) Really chuffed for you mate! :D

sebillba
02-01-2010, 03:50 PM

How did this work out? Did you get it ok? He had over 40 of these, and they all sold, and every one I've seen since has been more expensive. He's just listed another 40+, and I'm itching to buy one.... I just find it odd that he's got so many, when the wave hasn't been released yet, and he hasn't actually got any of the other figures from the wave for sale.

sonofsokol
02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
This seller currently has the Shaak Ti from that wave and I think he had the Solos a few weeks ago. He also has some of the figs from the upcoming exclusive TFU packs too.

I have purchased some galactic heroes from this seller and had mostly positive experiences. A couple GH tan battle droids looked like the legs had been superglued back on and they didn't stand well, but I figured I've glued legs and arms back onto enough of by son's GH figures it wasn't a big deal. However, I have not purchased anything from him that is not-yet-available in stores so I can't comment on that. I've been tempted by that Shaak Ti since he/they originally posted it. I did purchase a couple clone wars figures about 6 months ago and they all seemed fine. They seem to sell a ton of fugures and have kept a very positive feedback rating.

sebillba
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Ok thanks, I must've missed the Shaak Ti... though I don't want her, the only other figures I want from this wave are K'Kruhk and Utris M'Toc. I'll probably bite the bullet and snag the BAD before they all disappear, and I end up kicking myself for missing it again.

DarkJedi5
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Actually, funny story, I bought the ROTS Shaak Ti from that same seller over two and a half months ago and he sent me the TFU one to my surprise (though I still wanted the other one). I can promise that he had his hands on figures from this wave back in November. Interesting fact, the seller is listed as in the Philippines and yet the items are mailed from Thailand. I wonder if these aren't straight up stole from a Hasbro factory.

Darth Metalmute
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I have also bought stuff from that seller and have nothing but positive things to say.

I army built GH troopers and ended up with a slight mistake in the shipping. Not only did he correct it, but gave me free figures.

Wish I would have seen the Solos from him cause I would have jumped at that.

morpheus282
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Actually, funny story, I bought the ROTS Shaak Ti from that same seller over two and a half months ago and he sent me the TFU one to my surprise (though I still wanted the other one). I can promise that he had his hands on figures from this wave back in November. Interesting fact, the seller is listed as in the Philippines and yet the items are mailed from Thailand. I wonder if these aren't straight up stole from a Hasbro factory.

I bought a lot of the "custom" female stormtroopers from that seller a few months ago. One has to wonder where they came across that many female stormtrooper bodies and snowstorm Amidala heads. Until proven otherwise I'll assume the best about the seller since I've had nothing but good experiences from them.

Turbowars
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
How did this work out? Did you get it ok? He had over 40 of these, and they all sold, and every one I've seen since has been more expensive. He's just listed another 40+, and I'm itching to buy one.... I just find it odd that he's got so many, when the wave hasn't been released yet, and he hasn't actually got any of the other figures from the wave for sale.
I got him a long time ago it seems. He's a great seller. Don't know how or where he gets his stuff, but I really don't care.

sebillba
02-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I've nabbed one. :thumbsup: