PDA

View Full Version : IG 88 is the coolest droid

IG 8D8
11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
as much as I like the droids in Jabba's dungeon I think IG 88 is the most badass. His arsenal alone is unmatched. What is your favorite droid (non R2/3po)... I think the super battle droid is the only one who comes close. Love the wrist blaster.

Speaking of Jabba's dungeon I think a diorama or playset of it would be cool. They could do a cardboard fold out one like they did for Jabba's Palace and the Cantina. Though a full scale playset would be better, they could have the prison cells, the corridor where creatures try to grab C3PO, and the area where EV 9D9 and 8D8 work.

2-1B
11-02-2009, 06:41 PM
2-1B.

He gets ripped apart in Jabba's Palace and he still finds a way back to the Alliance during the briefing.

He's unstoppable.

El Chuxter
11-02-2009, 06:43 PM
That's after fighting in the Clone Wars and being destroyed by Vader. And he chilled with the Obi-Three. The 'bot is indeed unstoppable.

2-1B
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
True, that's another pwn for The Deuce. He really doesn't get enough credit for inspiring Obi-Three to practice constantly.

IG 8D8
11-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I like 2 1B, but he's a doctor while IG 88 is an assassin which is cooler in my book. 2 1B would get messed up if they fought.

2-1B
11-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Um, hello, 2-1B would sneak some sort of debilitating virus into IG-88's death star brain and get away with it by hiding behind his medical malpractice insurance.

He may just be a doctor, but he's a doctor of love.

El Chuxter
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Ahem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F33-Yup0u8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxUjUg5AScw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZkqV37xftY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r617h5G4psc

If you can watch those and not agree that The Deuce is the coolest droid EVER, and IG-88 aspires to be half as cool, I pity your soul.

Not saying IG-88 isn't cool himself. But he's no Deuce.

IG 8D8
11-02-2009, 10:01 PM
"somebody dropped a deuce in the street" lol. I remember seeing the original 2 1B in a star wars exhibit alongside FX 7 (not far from the wampa suit). It was like being inside Echo Base. Fond memories of the figure too back in the 80s. But the IG 88 figure was the measuring stick of all figures. He's always been my favorite, the fact he has no speaking parts in the movie only makes him more badass. Wish they would have given him more screen time though.

pbarnard
11-03-2009, 08:17 AM
As a figure IG-88 maybe a nice sculpt but its legs (specifically at the "ankles") suck. He topples over or warps over time. 2-1B, any BAD, etc don't. Plus, he's not even the real hero of Star Wars. Everyone knows the real hero is R2-D2.

Old Fossil
11-03-2009, 08:42 AM
You're all wrong. It's R5-D4, or "Skippy the Jedi Droid," who single-handedly decided the fate of the entire Star Wars universe.

Slicker
11-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I like 2 1B, but he's a doctor while IG 88 is an assassin which is cooler in my book. 2 1B would get messed up if they fought.Ummm...hello!!! Since 2-1B is a doctor he can just put himself back together again. So, in essence, he's indestructible.

2-1B
11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Lolz, Slicker pwned the n00b

IG 8D8
11-04-2009, 01:55 AM
noob? who you calling noob? I've had a star wars collection before a lot of people on here were born. Why are you obsessed with 2 1B? I make a simple post on who's your favorite droid and now you're attacking me because I'm not in love with 2 1B? Grow up. what the hell.

El Chuxter
11-04-2009, 02:12 AM
He was joking about the fact you registered here less than two months ago. 2-1B jokes a lot. It's his job here. Okay, not really, but he does keep his tongue firmly in his cheek at all times, and I'm reading over this whole thread, and am not seeing where he attacked you. I'm not attacking you, either, when I say this, but this is the second time in less than a week I've noticed you get very defensive and antagonistic toward someone who disagrees with you or asks you to clarify a post. No one's out to get you or try to belittle you here; we try to all be friends even when we disagree. We're all grownups who play with toys, so let's ask ourselves the immortal question posed by Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

pbarnard
11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
We're all grownups who play with toys, so let's ask ourselves the immortal question posed by Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

No. *Continues to beat Chux with nightstick on the ground*:thumbsup:

Old Fossil maybe right on the droid, since opinions can't really be defended. But what I said about IG-88's sculpt is true. Because he topples over due to warping, it sucks.

IG 8D8
11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
vintage IG 88 didn't topple over very often for me. If his legs became loose over time then maybe, mine has fairly tight leg joints and stands fine. He's got two large rectangles for feet and it supports him beautifully.

pbarnard
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Ok, so vintage doesn't topple, but Shadow of the Empire, PotJ and VOTC all do and have warpped legs or ankles.

2-1B
11-05-2009, 01:06 AM
noob? who you calling noob? I've had a star wars collection before a lot of people on here were born. Why are you obsessed with 2 1B? I make a simple post on who's your favorite droid and now you're attacking me because I'm not in love with 2 1B? Grow up. what the hell.

Are you saying I'm abnormal for being in love with 2-1B? What's wrong with that? :cry:
And I didn't call you a noob, I called you a n00b. lol

On a (rare) serious note, no personal offense meant, Sir.
As Chux said, I was having a laugh (mainly aimed toward Slicker, The Eternal N00b) over the "argument" about who would win in a fictitious match between fictitious characters who were fictitiously portrayed basically by stage props (although The Deuce DID have a speaking role even if he didn't have real legs ;) ).

Chux is right, Rodney King1B said it best: "Can't we all just take care and get along?" :)