PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy the Republic Assault Shuttle

Val Da Car
11-04-2009, 12:16 PM
This has been made in the Titaniums (now dead) & Lego line.

Would buy it in the Clone Wars line?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I like it. I'm not sure they'd make this one - maybe in the $65 price point, but since it's not too "aggressive" I bet that it's not high on their list.

DarkJedi5
11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
This is one of the few vehicles that appears only in the TV show that I would buy. I really like the look and I'd drop $65 for it.

Darth Metalmute
11-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I like this ship. I would probably put it in the maybe list.

On second thought, I would get it.

Ando
11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes, yes, a thousand times YES!

I want this in Hasbro's 3 3/4" line for sure. Put me down for 2-3, actually.

Hasbro's argument that is is not an "aggressive" or "aggressive looking" vehicle is a BS argument. This is definitely a vehicle that has and will be featured on The Clone Wars show and could definitely be made in plastic and feature bombs and missiles galore.

Plus big vehicles can carry lots of troopers and it would sell more figures, too. I bought 6 AT-TE's last summer and fall and I went out and bought MORE Phase I clones to fill them and I still feel like I need more.

I own several gunships and bought enough of the Geonosis Assault BP's to outfit them with pilots and turrets PLUS fill my V-19 cockpits with pilots.

El Chuxter
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Maybe I'm dense, but to me it looks like a Gunship with the guns placed differently from that pic. Is there more to it than that?

Ando
11-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Maybe I'm dense, but to me it looks like a Gunship with the guns placed differently from that pic. Is there more to it than that?

The wings fold up, too.

You're right, it does have a little Republic Gunship look to it, but it's more of a cross between the gunship and a Lambda class shuttle or Sentinel class landing craft.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
The Lego picture is a bad indication of what it looks like; here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nu-class_attack_shuttle) is its Wookieepedia page. According to that page, it was in five episodes and the film, so it's fairly recognizable.

Darth Jax
11-04-2009, 06:37 PM
probably not. i'd have to see it in plastic first

clone157
11-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, I would buy this ship. There are several things that Big H could do to increase playability such as storage in the bay for 2 or 3 BARC speeders or room for 1 Republic tank. Flip up the cockpit area to access the storage bay and it's all good. They could also tack on a couple of dropping bombs, wing closure feature similar to the old shuttle, and firing rockets on either side of the cockpit. One stroke of genius would be to put pegs to attach a couple of Ando's extra turrets to the top or bottom.

clone157
11-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Just took out my Titanium version. Forget the flip up "head", switch to a drop out floor for the back section unlocked by raising the wings and pushing in the thrusters from the back (still needs to be able to house a tank or 3 BARC speeders). Add a flip down ramp in the front, revealing a seating area for four (2 along each side). Cockpit for 2 on top and BAM, you got a nifty vehicle.

morpheus282
11-05-2009, 08:54 PM
I'd probably go for it.

JediTricks
11-08-2009, 12:12 AM
I *might*, but I don't see them doing it, the "nose" alone holds multiple troops, no way they could do that AND the body AND cockpit AND wings for $65. If they could pull that off, I'd buy it. So you can count that as a "yes" even though it has a proviso.

DarkArtist
12-03-2009, 05:47 PM
one word YES

clone157
12-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I *might*, but I don't see them doing it, the "nose" alone holds multiple troops, no way they could do that AND the body AND cockpit AND wings for $65. If they could pull that off, I'd buy it. So you can count that as a "yes" even though it has a proviso.
Unfortunately, big h will have to scale it down a bit. Not Sith Infiltraitor bad, but a bit. I'm just saying what I would love to see in it. I would love a huge one, but I can't buy something too huge. I am still behind on my jedi starfighters (clone wars)!

JediTricks
12-04-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm not a scale purist, but some stuff gets too far. The Magnaguard Fighter really pushes the envelope, for example, but it's an alright starfighter toy so it barely gets away with it. AT-AP is even closer to the envelope, since it's supposed to be roughly as big as the AT-TE, Hasbro super cheated on that one to basically make a whole new vehicle. The Sith Infiltrator is NOWHERE near that envelope though, can't even see it being so far off the wrong side. ;)

The problem I have believing in something like this is that it'd have to be as big as the Republic Gunship, have big moving wings, and then the front half would be replaced by something around the size of the TX-130, all to simulate the FUN of the concept, not even the scale. Is that doable at $65? Mayyyyybe, but it'd be way easy to mess up.

clone157
12-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I am waiting for a new AT-PT as an exclusive for Wal-mart next year. :p
It will probably run $80.