PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition

autumnsdescent
11-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally, I was going to just rent this when it was released on November 3rd. Turns out, none of my local video stores are carrying the new version. In fact, none of the Family Video or Blockbuster locations I called and/or visited knew it was coming out.

I went to a GameStop to see if I traded my mint original version of the game in towards the new version how much it would be worth: a whopping $2.75.

So I shelled out the $40 for it since I don't utilize XBoX Live.

Just played all 3 new levels. It was good. I really liked the alternate universe experience. Not sure it was worth $40, but it was fun to see some iconic original trilogy characters and get to fight them.

Anyone else pick this up and play it?

El Chuxter
11-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I didn't realize it was out.

I also didn't realize the stickybutts at Lucasarts didn't make it for the Wii like they said. Jerks. :mad: I'm going to make a fist and hold my WiiMote like a middle finger and send them a picture of it.

JEDIpartner
11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Anyone else pick this up and play it?

I got the DS version last year 'cos there was no PC version. I think I will pick this up for the PC if I can find a used copy in a couple months.

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Man, what a ripoff that trade-in value is!!!

There's no reason to make it for the Wii, the Wii version of TFU original doesn't have the same levels as the real McCoy anyway, so it's a different ball of wax, especially since one of the add-on levels appears in a different fashion in the regular Wii game. They'd have to write a bunch of levels over again specifically for this new release without much of an audience to sell it to, it sold 400,000 copies less than the 360 version alone in just its first month. If you want a real TFU experience, get a real console. ;)

I am tempted to get this, but I know it's foolish to do so when it's just some packaging and 1 level I can't get for $10 (I already bought the Jedi Temple when it came out).

Darth Metalmute
11-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm glad it's only 40 dollars, but I was hoping the trade in for the first game would be at least 15. but I guess why would anyone pay 25 bucks for a used game when they can just pick up a new one for 40.

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 02:45 AM
True dat, but still, $3 for a game that I paid 20 times that much is lame.

El Chuxter
11-06-2009, 07:25 AM
The original version has dropped to $15 at Costco. It just didn't hold its value well.

DarkJedi5
11-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I'll probably get this at some point, I bought the Temple level but not the Hoth one (or is it the Tatooine one that you can buy online? I know there's one level that's exclusive to the game) but I'm gonna wait til the price goes down. I bought this game the day it came out and the glitches made it unplayable, now they want me to pay $40 for two new levels? They should have paid me $40 and give me the levels because the game wasn't ready when it came out!

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
The original version has dropped to $15 at Costco. It just didn't hold its value well.
OH SNAP! Well, I'm still glad I enjoyed the game when it came out.

The Tatooine level is the one you can buy online, Hoth is the one that is exclusive.

Darth Metalmute
01-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Lucasarts should be drug out into the street and shot.

Just picked up TFU:USE and nothing was changed. No fixed bugs, no new animation, no trailer for TFU2. In fact, they give you two disks, the first being the original disk from the original game with a new cover sticker on it, and the second having all the exclusive dlc on it, (and the Hoth mission). They even included the original instruction book with no new cover art.

I'd return it, but I sold my first game a month ago.

BTW the opening to the hoth level was pretty cool.

If you haven't bought the original game yet, or haven't bought all the dlc coustumes included, its a great pick up for 39.99.

Darth Metalmute
01-02-2010, 12:47 AM
(Possible Spoilers)
Although I'll try to keep it spoiler free.
Just finished Hoth on Jedi master. The level is filled with glitches and Wampas. The cinematography is amazing. The last fight with Luke is stressful because even if you follow the right pattern, Luke glitches and just does his moves anyways. The ending though might be the lead-in for TFU2, at least the only way I can figure a sequel can be made.

My problem is, why couldn't they add the new levels into the original dark side storyline. Add some cinematography, a more in-depth story with background. Instead it's just start a new game and pick the level.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow, they didn't even put it on 1 disk? That is LOW. And to hear your comments on Hoth, it sounds like I shouldn't bother at any price, just buy the Tatooine Level as DLC for $10 and be done with it until TFU2 comes out. Thanks for the info, even if you did have to suffer for it.

Darth Metalmute
01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm not even sure why they sent two disks. You can play the entire game on the second disk I believe. Neither of the disks that you load have an notation that it is Ultimate Sith Edition.

The tatooine level is buggy as well. Especially the fight with Boba Fett. The end guy of that level is so stupid. I don't want to spoil it for those who might get the game or level, but it is completely off the wall.

The hoth level itself is well designed, just the gameplay is buggy. The rebel base is a neat design, but the base is crowded with Wampas. If you've ever played the Arcade Trilogy game, you will remember about 3 rooms have wampas in it. Well in this game there is about 15 wampas either captive in the base or break in because of the imperial walker attack. The Hanger is really neat as you can destroy X-Wings and throw snowspeeders.

jonthejedi
01-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Got FU Ultimate Sith Edition in PS3 for X-mas(I had previously played PS2 & Wii versions). Wow...what a difference as far as graphics go. A quick question though: I played Tatooine & Hoth separately(under "Load Game") before playing the basic game through. I just finished, choosing to fight Vader at the finale & become the Emperor's new disciple. It then took me back to Level 1(Tie Fighter Factory). Does anyone know what happened to the 3rd Jedi Temple level that was supposed to be included? I didn't see it under "Load Game" either.

Darth Metalmute
01-08-2010, 01:48 PM
As far as I know, it's in the load game menu. Did you check both disks?
It could also be a light side mission.

Not sure, though. As I bought the Temple and can play it on either disk.

jonthejedi
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Did I get ripped off??? I only got 1 disc for FU PS3 Ult. Sith Edition. The left side has the original manual, promo card(I got Darth Maul) & the booklet featuring all the "collectible" card art...no 2nd disc. Anyone else confirm this? I know the Jedi Temple level was orig. a download, wasn't it? I hope I don't have to play thru the entire game again & beat Palpatine this time.

JediTricks
01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Jedi Temple for the PS3 is indeed a downloaded-only level. The PS3 version seems to be 1 disc - the advantages of Blu-Ray.
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/B002JENTUI.01.lg.jpg

Darth Metalmute
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I checked out one of my game sites, and while none of them told me about the Jedi temple, it did say PS3 only had 1 disk. 360 has 2 disks.

You might have to beat it on Light side, but you shouldn't have to restart the game, just restart the last mission. I only have a 360 so I'm kind of guessing.

Edit: Got this answer from a site.

No, the new levels are split up between 3 different save slots. And the 4th slot goes to the original game.

jonthejedi
01-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I started a "new game" on an open slot & lo & behold...the Jedi Temple level is stand alone alomg with Tatooine & Hoth. Why it disappeared before...I have no clue!

DarkArtist
01-13-2010, 07:20 AM
hoping to pick up the game this weekend. finally got a PS3 for Christmas but the only problem is that none of my 40 PS2 games will play on. the system states that all PS2 games are incompitable with PS3..:upset::upset: now I have a decent system and no games for it.

JediTricks
01-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Download some demos. Lego Star Wars is on the system for $20 or less. Look into the Greatest Hits titles for $30 or under.

DarkArtist
01-16-2010, 01:33 PM
picked up the Ultimate Sith Edition today at TRU (the only store that i have seen it in...got the last copy too.) can't wait to play it. are the new levels only open after you beat the game and fall to the darkside or can you play those at anytime.

DarkArtist
01-22-2010, 11:15 AM
can't believe how different the cut scenes are from the Wii and PSP versions. it's like playing an entirely different story. only played the first 2 levels but looking forward to playing more

jonthejedi
01-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I said that, too. I had Wii & PS2 formally...what a huge difference.

DarkArtist
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
finally finished the storyline and fought against the Emperor thus choosing the Lightside of the Force.... no extra levels as of yet but really didn't get a chance to play right afterward.

looking forward to playing it some more, and going back to get the rest of the holocrons etc.

can't wait for TFU II. looking forward to seeing how they are going to pull this off. might have to pick up versions for PSP, Wii and PS3. why the 3 platforms not entirely sure but i loved the first version on all 3 systems so I'm hoping the the sequel will be just as great if not better

Darth Metalmute
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Spoilers.
Sort of.
I read somewhere that he survived the explosion on the Death Star. Somehow. Even though the Rebels left without him. Even though the Emperor and Vader were in the same room. Even though in order to heal, he would have needed Imperial medics. Yup, he survived.

They ended the first game as if to say, hey, lets make it so everything is tied up in a neat bow so no one can ask questions, leave no chance of the character being alive for A New Hope. And then, after the money came in, hey lets make a sequel. Not that I won't buy the game.

DarkArtist
02-10-2010, 01:45 PM
so i finished both versions of the game (going to the Dark Side) and (choosing the Light Side) and still the extra levels are not opened... very frustrating if the only way you can play them is by collecting every holocron and finishing every secondary objective. arghh !!!! i was hoping that once you turned to the darkside that those levels would start up.

JediTricks
02-10-2010, 04:46 PM
The extra levels are available when you start a new game.

DarkArtist
02-10-2010, 09:39 PM
The extra levels are available when you start a new game.

Thanks JT..will have to try that... was getting frustrated that I might never get to play those levels....at least now there is a light at the end of the rainbow

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 04:12 AM
On the PS3 version, you can start new games in multiple slots, so you don't have to delete your existing game. When you choose a new game, you'll be given options as to which level, that's the key.

Quinlain_Vos
02-14-2010, 04:21 AM
I didn't realize it was out.

I also didn't realize the stickybutts at Lucasarts didn't make it for the Wii like they said. Jerks. :mad: I'm going to make a fist and hold my WiiMote like a middle finger and send them a picture of it.

They didn't release it for the wii because the wii sucks and is just for small children and bull**** yoga vegans... no offense.

Ya i picked up this game the other day and i gotta say it was really worth it in my opinion. contrary to the general consensus on the matter i thought that this game was hands down the best star wars game of all time. i bought the game when it first came out but then had to sell it for personal reasons and i am happy to have not only the original game back but also have all the new missions. as a side note i did think it was very fun to play through the game as liam Neeson entertaining how the voice didn't match the appearence at all lol

Quinlain_Vos
02-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Spoilers.
Sort of.
I read somewhere that he survived the explosion on the Death Star. Somehow. Even though the Rebels left without him. Even though the Emperor and Vader were in the same room. Even though in order to heal, he would have needed Imperial medics. Yup, he survived.

They ended the first game as if to say, hey, lets make it so everything is tied up in a neat bow so no one can ask questions, leave no chance of the character being alive for A New Hope. And then, after the money came in, hey lets make a sequel. Not that I won't buy the game.

Dude i am extreamly exited for the sequel it takes a lot to kill a jedi and if you listened to the trailer it could be that vader rebuilt him to serve his original purpose and overthrow the vemporer or that he just survived it is possible after all just look at how hard it was to finish off palpatine. i this a sequel is fully possible and totally cannon as long as they make sure to pull the aprentice into some uncharted region of space in more of a personal mission with no other real effects on galactic polotics more just about galen and his own petrsonal heros journey also yodas voice in trailer looking forward to seeing how they will include him despite my very low opinion on yoda as a charecter

El Chuxter
02-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Funny, I'm an adult and I eat meat.

DarkJedi5
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Isn't Berkeley the yoga-vegan capital of the world? I mean, I got my undergrad there, I should know....

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 06:20 PM
The perception about the Wii is sound, I just polled some friends to be sure and they wholeheartedly agree. :p

Quinlain_Vos
02-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Dude i am extreamly exited for the sequel it takes a lot to kill a jedi and if you listened to the trailer it could be that vader rebuilt him to serve his original purpose and overthrow the vemporer or that he just survived it is possible after all just look at how hard it was to finish off palpatine. i this a sequel is fully possible and totally cannon as long as they make sure to pull the aprentice into some uncharted region of space in more of a personal mission with no other real effects on galactic polotics more just about galen and his own petrsonal heros journey also yodas voice in trailer looking forward to seeing how they will include him despite my very low opinion on yoda as a charecter

Isn't Berkeley the yoga-vegan capital of the world? I mean, I got my undergrad there, I should know....

ya sad to say Berkeley does have a-lot of vegans but it is still the greatest school of all time so i can forgive its shortcomings

Darth Metalmute
02-15-2010, 12:58 PM

I'm intereseted into seeing how they "bring him back to life." I just hope Vader doesn't rebuild him or that Yoda doesn't train him.

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I had a theory the other day, that in order to avoid overpowering him in the beginning of the game, they're going to give him amnesia, and you'll have to buy Force powers again as you discover what all happened and how you came to be.

DarkJedi5
02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I had a theory the other day, that in order to avoid overpowering him in the beginning of the game, they're going to give him amnesia, and you'll have to buy Force powers again as you discover what all happened and how you came to be.

So, just like KOTR and I'm pretty sure KOTRII?

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't know, I don't have an xbox.

Reading Revan's entry on wookieepedia, I'd say it's similar enough that they wouldn't do it. But ya never know.

JediTricks
02-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Annnnnnd, Lucasarts pulls the ol' double-reverse screw-over, putting the "exclusive" level in the Ultimate Sith Edition out for download. PS3 is out now, 360 is next week. Truly, Lucasarts deserves a smack in the mouth for this one, but I am glad I stuck to my guns and didn't buy that disc now. Yay, now I get to play a level that everybody says is horribly flawed! Oh. :hurt:

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 02:47 AM
Since my light cold turned into a lung infection and I have been stuck resting at home the past 2 weeks, I decided to drop $20 on the levels.

I played Tatooine tonight, it's an ok level, but I feel like it was front-loaded with some rather unthreatening characters. There was never a time I felt like this was a challenge to stop all these guys, and considering how much money the level pack cost, that's pretty weak sauce. The Jedi Temple level had so many baddies that I had to at least strategize my attacks, but here it was all the same stuff. There were a couple interesting and fun twists towards the end, but the idea of 3 boss battles in a row seems like there should have been more level separating them. I missed one of the holocrons, which is very unlike me, but gives me a good excuse to go through it again.

I was quite surprised to see these new level packs don't come with costume packs the way Coruscant Jedi Temple did, for the price and for the near-1gb download a piece, I kinda expected it. Those are some HUGE files to download.

Darth Metalmute
02-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Did you enjoy the last boss battle? In the real world, those would be called demons.:thumbsup:

I played all on them of jedi master, and the only one hard was Hoth. And thats only because of the Wampas.

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 10:01 PM
I liked the second-to-last, before... um, how do I say this without spoilers? After Boba Fett. :p The final boss battle was a clever idea, but somehow I expected him to be more powerful, and I ended up kicking his butt pretty quickly.

I'm about to go play the other levels, was adding some work software to the computer and it started eating up my time so I figured while it was crunching I'd post.

Darth Metalmute
02-20-2010, 10:24 PM
I was disapointed with the Fett battle. Then again, Jedi shouldn't have a problem with non-Jedi.

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Fett was a rather goofy battle. I think if they were gonna go that route, which isn't unreasonable given his hype of killing Jedi, they should have made the battle take place in a bigger area, give him more room to move around and use the environment against you.

Then again, even with the up-charged Rancor, I just gave it the juice the same way I cheap out the AT-STs and regular Rancors and hateful Purge Troopers. I guess that's a problem, Starkiller's lightning is way more powerful than this game design can deal with.

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Since this won't ever, ever be a Wii game, can someone post spoilers maybe using invisitext?

Quinlain_Vos
02-21-2010, 05:52 AM
whilst i enjoyed the Tatooine level i do agree that they should have made Fette harder to kill. it seems the trend in the force unleashed to exaggerate the powers of any given character as if the force had somehow become stronger but keeping to the unique preferences of the individual person (i.e. Vader tossing objects as he did at the end of empire strikes back and the emperor using his supercharged lightning like he did at the end of return of the Jedi.) and while this works if you balance all jedi with this power it logically would destroy the jedi hunter role in the story. i mean fette was even able to defeat Vader at one point so starkiller shouldn't have been much more of a challenge but when you telekinesis gets that good and your lightning is that accurate it sorta unbalances the fight with any non jedi unit.

mabudonicus
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
[spolier]inviso-text[/spoiler]the whole game is in fact a wall of text with no punctuatyion or Anything like that and you kind of have to be following along real careful-like or else you kind of cant get anything out of it the emperor is pretty strong and he will just fry you if you think you can beat him go ahead but again i beat him and he was a sort of easily beaten pansy {inviso-textual] /}

Darth Metalmute
02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Since this won't ever, ever be a Wii game, can someone post spoilers maybe using invisitext?

It's not really much of a spoiler, but here goes.

The last boss in the Tatooine level is the Spirit of Obi-Wan.

Fett was a rather goofy battle. I think if they were gonna go that route, which isn't unreasonable given his hype of killing Jedi, they should have made the battle take place in a bigger area, give him more room to move around and use the environment against you.

Then again, even with the up-charged Rancor, I just gave it the juice the same way I cheap out the AT-STs and regular Rancors and hateful Purge Troopers. I guess that's a problem, Starkiller's lightning is way more powerful than this game design can deal with.

That's usually my Jedi Master tatics too. Except for Jedi bosses. You get all the bad guys in your view, lay waste with Lightning, then run like hell till it recharges. That purge trooper mini-boss battle in Jabba's palace was harder than the boss battles.

JediTricks
02-23-2010, 03:16 AM
I took the high road with those "hacked purge troopers" (wrong terminology, producers!) and jumped up to those alcoves above where the gunners popped out, stayed up there and dropped lightning like it was having a fire sale. I loathe loathe LOATHE purge troopers. IMO, they are the absolute worst thing in the game. Anything that has homing artillery annoys me, it's such a lazy cheap way to make an AI, but for these purge jerks to pick you up and throw you down all slow and whale on you while you're down and have unblockable attacks and they gang up to boot, that is super cheap crap.

BTW Chux, the last battle in the level is a little more than just what Metalmute said, first you === battle Obi-Wan alive, he uses some moves that fit with his film style and some that fit the game style, and once you beat him, you toss him into the Falcon's engine, then he comes back as a spirit and you fight him again while he tells Luke to run ===

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 03:11 PM
2 things.

1) I just learned why you Wii guys can't have these types of add-on levels. It turns out that the WiiWare add-on system limits the size of the files that it'll work with, rather arbitrarily I think, but it's probably related to the system's limited processing architecture.

2) I played through the Hoth level. I think this level has a lot of good ideas but they're all stuck in a small box. This level didn't even feel as large as the version from SOTE, and that game is from 14 years ago. The boss battle against Luke 3 times felt a little mean actually, like I was beating up a weakling padawan. I liked the IDEA of the final battle, when Luke loses it, but he's still no match for Starkiller here. Other than that, it's not a great level, not enough variety, but it's a fun level in some ways based on the experience.

Darth Metalmute
02-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I loved the hanger part, throwing Snowspeederd and X-Wing parts was fun. I didn't like the fact that the enemies respawned.

And your right, the Luke battles were too easy, even on Jedi Master, the only problem on Jedi Master was the glitch I spoke of earlier where you would correctly defend his attack, but it would still hit you.

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 06:36 PM
I didn't mind them respawning, it's the entire Rebellion's base, it makes sense they had reinforcements. I paid them no heed during my battle with Luke though.

I didn't have that glitch, but I played the level through a second time and on the battle midway through the level, Luke just stopped moving while in a defense pose, he'd continue to face me but nothing about his body would move, so I couldn't kill him. I'd find ways to hurt him, he'd make a noise, but his life bar wouldn't go down (and I had whittled him down to nothing right before it glitched), so I had no choice but to off myself instead, jumping into a VERY convenient chasm (otherwise I'd have to redo the first half of the level yet again).

Quinlain_Vos
02-27-2010, 01:59 AM
i thoroughly enjoyed the level and thought that the luke fights were perfect. the level did tend to be on the easy side but i expected it because they felt like they wanted to pose an alternate scenario as opposed to create a video game. logically how hard would it be for a blown up sith warrior or a normal sith for that matter to take down a base full of enemies especially with his own troops backing him up in fact if i was to have 1 large complaint about the game in general is that (inevitably) it got to feeling a little video gamey but if you look past that you see a good game. the same principal is reflected in the hoth level. especially since this was an add on and they didn't have to work as hard at making it structured like average video game levels (excluding the bit with the wampas but i forgive it) over all i do not think this level could be any better and was really happy with it.

DarkArtist
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
loved the Hoth Level.... i keep playing it over and over again...love the twist that Luke would turn to the DarkSide..... that was awesome. played the Tatoonie level and it was Meh..... having a difficult time with the Temple level though. stuck on the trials part of the level. still trying to figure it ouot...it's the part where you have to levitate the platforms so that you can cross the gaps. i keep falling off the platforms.

can't wait to get Force Unleashed II..does anyone have a date as to when this is going to hit retail. I've checked the website and it's just 2010 and the trailers.

DarkJedi5
03-04-2010, 01:00 PM
can't wait to get Force Unleashed II..does anyone have a date as to when this is going to hit retail. I've checked the website and it's just 2010 and the trailers.

If it's anything like the first game, any date that's out there is going to be 8 months before the glitch-ridden version is actually released and then another 8 months before the patch that allows Xbox users to play through the game for the first time.

JediTricks
03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Been playing the main game on Sith Master. This feels so cheap that I don't like it, your health is a quarter of what it was before and the enemies are at least 4 times as hardy. Boss matches and big fights that were challenging before become downright annoying as a single combo can kill you (even some regular board characters) and the AI goes really cheap with its blocks, attacks, and parries, forcing you to get even cheaper to advance. Maybe if lightning shield worked better... :p

I also did Jedi Temple on Sith Master, and boy was that first section annoying. There's just too many enemies on you at once, especially jump troopers who ambush you out of screen. They are one of those things where I feel like I'm fighting the camera more than the enemy, and that is the mark of a bad game. That sort of thing wasn't a problem when a few hits would wound but not wipe me out, but to land and get killed in under a minute got super aggravating, especially with the game setting this up so stupidly - like why would Starkiller let them know he's coming and give them so much time to whale on him while he's powerless? It was a cool concept in the lower-strength levels, land in the middle of craziness and whomp on dozens of guys, but when there are homing weapons and guys off camera killing you in seconds, it loses its charm.

loved the Hoth Level.... i keep playing it over and over again...love the twist that Luke would turn to the DarkSide..... that was awesome. played the Tatoonie level and it was Meh..... having a difficult time with the Temple level though. stuck on the trials part of the level. still trying to figure it ouot...it's the part where you have to levitate the platforms so that you can cross the gaps. i keep falling off the platforms.The key to the platforms is to move them into a position in the "fog" areas where they go from transparent to solid (the first 2 are right in front of you, the last is off to the left and right, but you don't have to alternate, just stay left and it works), and then move them straight up high enough so they can sink a little but not so high that you can't jump to them. Jump to one, raise the next, jump to it, repeat.

Darth Metalmute
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Been playing the main game on Sith Master. This feels so cheap that I don't like it, your health is a quarter of what it was before and the enemies are at least 4 times as hardy. Boss matches and big fights that were challenging before become downright annoying as a single combo can kill you (even some regular board characters) and the AI goes really cheap with its blocks, attacks, and parries, forcing you to get even cheaper to advance. Maybe if lightning shield worked better... :p

I have beaten the game on Sith Master and it's just not an enjoyable runthrough. Your lightsaber is just about useless until you get the crystal that turns the lightsaber into a lightsaber (i.e. 1 slash kills). I think it would have been better to actually have that crystal at the beginning as game play would have been better. You have to use all your force powers to get past the game, and remember that killing everything is only necessary when it advances the story line. This is vital on the opening hanger on the Death Star.

JediTricks
03-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I picked up the Sith Master trophy and 100% trophy yesterday. You are so right, there's nothing enjoyable at this level because you have to run and fight cheap and your arsenal is pretty weak even with advancement. What I hate most is that your guy is super weak and yet the bosses take FOREVER to kill, yet if they get in a hit it usually leads to a cheap combo that wipes you out. In fact, I made the miserable mistake of choosing the Emperor battle thinking the myriad of little breaks would make it less annoying, but it took a dozen passes because every once in a while when I was near the Emperor hacking away, he'd turn on lightning shield and KILL ME INSTANTLY!!! How cheap is that? No warning, just blink and I'm dead. When I finally did kill him, it took me an extra 20 minutes because the last 10% of his life bar would be him just throwing the junk at me over and over, almost non-stop, with very little window to return attack with anything other than lightning - which has become USELESS at this level.

This is my first, and probably last, platinum trophy. I love this game, but Sith Master highlights all its flaws, like cheap kills, homing weapons, and the responsiveness not matching the requirements (it's great responsiveness in other settings, but here it doesn't cut the mustard, it's not as responsive as God of War and here it REALLY needs to be).

Oh, and for the Death Star hanger, I just dashed over to the panels and Force-repulsed them open, which let me immediately drop down. Even though it took less than 3 seconds, I still got 1/3rd of my lifebar taken out. That is patented bullspit.

Darth Metalmute
03-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Oh, and for the Death Star hanger, I just dashed over to the panels and Force-repulsed them open, which let me immediately drop down. Even though it took less than 3 seconds, I still got 1/3rd of my lifebar taken out. That is patented bullspit.

I spent two days (2 hours) trying to clear the hanger. I would run into the doors where I would hide and lightning attack. Once one side would be clear, I would run to the other side and hide behind those doors. The problem was, the snipers would either kill you, or get you health down low enough that your dead anyway. Then, I thought, go after the snipers first. Which is fine except the purge troopers homing missles would get you. Finally I said screw it and go toward the panels. I died three times before I got them open. If that had been the first level, I would have never beaten the game on Sith Master. I would have quit.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, it's not worth doing, it's miserable how they overloaded it on homing weapons and high-powered weapons. I usually use the lifts at either front corner and toss the snipers as lightning grenades, but Sith Master I knew I wouldn't make it (they're right next to the spawn points for the Purge Troopers).

I'm doing another run-through on Sith Lord this time, I got the trophy by beating Sith Master, but I wanted to see how it really was. There's a HUGE disparity between it and Sith Master, it's like playing an entirely different game. I believe I died once so far, that was on Felucia when they just poured enemy after enemy onto 1 area.

Quinlain_Vos
03-09-2010, 01:38 AM
loved the Hoth Level.... i keep playing it over and over again...love the twist that Luke would turn to the DarkSide..... that was awesome. played the Tatoonie level and it was Meh..... having a difficult time with the Temple level though. stuck on the trials part of the level. still trying to figure it ouot...it's the part where you have to levitate the platforms so that you can cross the gaps. i keep falling off the platforms.

i heard it was gonna be sometime in december