PDA

View Full Version : What vehicles do you think need to be REdone?

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Although there aren't many vehicles that haven't been made from the saga yet, there are plenty that could use refreshes that haven't gotten them lately. Here's a short list of existing vehicles with that criteria of "haven't been updated lately", but the question is, which ones NEED to be redone?

TPM -

Naboo Fighter
Anakin's Podracer
Sebulba's Podracer
Flash Speeder
AAT
Royal Starship
Darth Maul Sith Speeder (aka Bloodfin, FC-20 Speederbike)
STAP

AOTC -

Delta 7 Jedi Starfighter
Swoop bike
Republic Gunship
Anakin's airspeeder
Zam Wesell's airspeeder
Jango's Slave I
Geonosian Fighter

ROTS -

Republic Speederbike (paint, and no poncho on back is the only real difference, tooling for the Ep 2 cut scene version has been lost)
ARC-170
AT-RT (Ep 3 version)
BARC Speeder
Eta 2 Jedi Starfighter
Droid Tri-Fighter
Grievous' Wheel Bike
Wookiee Flyer

ANH -

X-wing Fighter
Luke's Landspeeder
Sandcrawler
T-16 Skyhopper
Vader's TIE Advanced (this has been redone a little lately, but not a major overhaul)
Y-wing Fighter (due for a few fixes next year, but that's not going to be a major overhaul)

ESB -

AT-AT
AT-ST (Hoth version, it's different from the Endor version)
Slave I
TIE Bomber

ROTJ -

Imperial Speederbike
Skiff
B-wing Fighter
A-wing Fighter (updates have been done, but not a major overhaul)
Imperial Shuttle

So, which of those vehicles do you think actually NEEDS to be redone?

Darth Jax
11-05-2009, 07:18 PM
AT-AT (please, please, please) and ROTJ speederbike are the 2 most needed in my opinion.

pbarnard
11-05-2009, 07:21 PM
ROTJ speeder bike is most in need. Handlebars, flaps, foot mechanism, exploding feature, t-bar left over...just chuck it all away and start over.

After that I'd say bring the AT-AT and than B-Wing and Y-Wing closer to scale of the X-Wing. (This assumes that A-Wing/TIES and Snowspeeder are closest to scale).

Beyond that, not much needs to happen.

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Here's my list:

Naboo Fighter - needs a re-release, it's been too long considering it's been seen in all 3 prequels and even the SE of ROTJ. Could use chrome on the front end, and a removable R2 dome so BAD domes could be swapped in. Could use a little updating on the cockpit, but otherwise a very satisfying toy. I even dig the electronics and would hope they are kept since it is a rather narrow ship.

Darth Maul Sith Speeder - I like the one we have, but it feels incomplete, like it needs something more going on, and I'm not sure what.

STAP - yeah, why not? The original gimmick was cute, but it is a little too tall and flexible controls, so many figures can't use it. I would think keeping the shooting missiles is likely, I don't love them - I'm missing a cannon on one of mine, but I know it helps with sales - but the movable foot platform needs to be dumped.

Anakin's Airspeeder - I would like to see this done bigger to better fit the figures, maybe with electronic lights and sounds. Low priority on my list though.

Zam's Airspeeder - I would like to see this bigger as well, the original has a ton of scale and play problems. And it too might benefit from lights & sounds. But again, low priority for me.

Delta 7 Jedi Starfighter - I like the old one but it could be more authentic too. I'd like to see one with interchangable droid domes, a more usable cockpit, and movie-accurate landing gear. Maybe also a better interpretation of the communication dish. Not a major priority but would be nice, I'd buy.

Geonosian Fighter - late addition, I had forgotten about it. But everybody knows what the problem is, the limp nose situation. Ya already have plenty of pointy toys Hasbro, don't worry about this one, or at the least, make only the front tips rubbery rather than the whole nose.

Republic Speederbike - hell yeah, the lost tooling was very good but it also was too flexible and lacked a floaty stand. Get 'r done!!!

ARC-170 - I don't really like this ship's design, but the one we have isn't particularly faithful or fun. I'd like to see the guns done more accurately, they could move the missiles to some invented thing on the fuselage or something. I'd like to see the wings open via gearing. I'd like to see better detailing all around, inside and out. The bomb chute and handle suck, fix or dump. This wouldn't be something I'd likely buy, but for those who would, it should be redone.

AT-RT - The one we have has some charm, but also some problems and a lack of leg joints.

BARC Speeder - this one has been updated once, but the update was really sloppy and poorly detailed and un-fun.

Eta 2 Jedi Starfighter - Fix the problem with the droid socket!!! Also, the scale is a little off and doesn't need to be, the cockpit could be scaled down about 10% without changing the footprint yet still hold a figure. Maybe a seatbelt in the cockpit, something to keep the pilot from flopping about in there. Straighten the main guns, move the wing guns out a little. Make the engines a little bigger. This one I'd say is a medium-priority for me, I like the original but it has enough funkiness going on that I'd like to own one of a different design too.

X-wing Fighter - less floppy wings, a torpedo-firing gimmick (better than the crummy Power FX original though), of course electronic light up engines and sounds for the guns and engines would be fantastic. A more secure droid slot. A more accurate and a little roomier cockpit. Another low priority, but the one we have is a little dull. HOWEVER, we also need a $20 X-wing, kids can't afford or whoosh a $50 one. That should be a higher priority, and I'd buy it.

Luke's Landspeeder - the POTJ one is probably nice (I don't have one), but it hasn't been seen in a while. It also seems a little too small in scale, but that might be wrong. At the very least, it needs better paint.

Y-wing Fighter - after the release of the Clone Wars version, the ANH version seems even more out of touch. Scale is off, droid slot doesn't work, cockpit is crummy, detailing is pretty cheesy by today's standards (it has a lot, but it's all raised lines). A more accurate canopy, some removable domes on the front of the engines, maybe even the removable panels that once covered it would be keen.

Slave I - a little bigger and with a real interior would be great. Usable rear hatch too. I really want this.

Imperial Speederbike - see the notes on the Republic version, then add an Endor paintjob and a poncho on the back.

Skiff - the one we have looks cool, but is pretty small and rickety with narrow legs and flop-over railings, the back can't hold Pote Snitkin whose only job in life is to drive the thing, and the plank is too short and has a silly gimmick.

AT-AT - nah. ;) Wait, no, everything about this needs to be redone. EVERYTHING. A neck that doesn't flop about. Legs that aren't ridiculously skinny and narrow. A body that isn't an empty boring box. A head that isn't just wrong so it can have a bunch of gimmicks for the gun. A cockpit that isn't just 2 molded chairs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I've been happy with most of the vehicles. Some of them have quirks, and could be fixed, but that doesn't always mean they need a complete overhaul.

The speeder bike is one that I want probably above all others. I love the design of the 2002 one, but it is indeed too flimsy.

I noticed the snowspeeder isn't on the list - is that because they're probably doing a new one? I can't remember if they confirmed this or were just working on it or what. I'm not entirely sure it needs to happen, since I can't really tell how "off" the scale is, though everyone seems to think it's wrong. I'd like more of them, at any rate, since I only have the Zev one.

As to the Y-wing, I'm interested in seeing the upgrades they're doing to it. I don't yet have the Clone Wars version but I'm also interested in seeing how the old one stacks up before saying anything either way. (In related news, I'd love a maroon Geonosis Y-wing from last night's episode.)

I only just got the POTF2 AT-AT a few weeks ago, so it's still "new" to me, even though I got the Endor one when it came out. I think a bigger update would indeed be quite cool, so here's hoping the Turbo Tank sells well.

I don't really care about a new Slave I - it did some stuff in AOTC, and the AOTC version represents that well, I think. Sure, you could scale it up to have seats and hold Han in carbonite, but what's the point?

On repaints, I'd like the B-wing with the spiffy new cockpit to be repainted into ROTJ colors. I guess they could fix the landing gear on that one, since it's a little cheap. I'd also like a few more X-wings since I love the current mold - at least Red Three so Biggs can have his own ride. I suppose I could buy a bunch of Wedge's X-wing and make a Special Edition diorama. :p

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
The Snowspeeder that our Q&A questions pushed them into making is on track for 2010 as of their last answer a few months ago.

The Y-wing upgrades next year are I believe cockpit and landing gear based on what they told me at SDCC. Don't put the OT Y-wing next to the CW Y-wing if you ever want to respect that OT version again, it becomes so sad-looking when compared.

The Endor and POTF2 AT-ATs are I believe the same tooling and sounds, and I believe it's missing the grappling gun gimmick, but I don't have the Endor one to confirm.

The point on either Slave I update is a better interior really, at least in my mind that is its major deficiency. That and the lack of a rear hatch.

bigbarada
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I would list the AT-AT, Imperial Speederbike and Tatooine Skiff for pretty much the same reasons as everyone has given above.

Also, the Imperial Shuttle should get remade if for no other reason than to redo the landing gear and get rid of that fugly handle.

Darth Vader's TIE Fighter - everyone seems to think that the POTF2 mold is adequate, but it's not. It's terrible. Sure it's technically more accurate when compared to the vintage version; but so is the 1995 Darth Vader when compared to the vintage Darth Vader, that doesn't make it a good figure. Vader's TIE needs a complete remake from top to bottom.

El Chuxter
11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
The Cruisemissile Trooper is the only one I want updated. It needs a removable pilot, with removable helmet.

Droid
11-05-2009, 09:33 PM
1. The Skiff
2. Sandcrawler

gba88
11-05-2009, 09:41 PM
a HUGE sandcrawler with about 4 jawas and a TON of droid parts :)

now, *that's* one I'd pay $100 for.

Snowtrooper
11-05-2009, 10:41 PM
1. AT-AT
2. Sandcrawler
3. Imperial Speeder Bike
4. Y-Wing
5. Anakin's Airspeeder
6. Zam's Airspeeder

-Thats about all I would like to see redone. With the exception of the AT-AT and Sandcrawler, there are no other remakes that would thrill me a whole lot.

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 04:28 AM
Also, the Imperial Shuttle should get remade if for no other reason than to redo the landing gear and get rid of that fugly handle.I meant to put that on the list originally, but got distracted. I've added it. I think the ship needs a removable handle, it's an incredibly unwieldy ship to pick up without one.

The Cruisemissile Trooper is the only one I want updated. It needs a removable pilot, with removable helmet.No EU entries, not even fake internet-meme-wannabe ones. ;)

DarkJedi5
11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
JT, I believe you forgot to list the Sith Infiltrator and the Geonosian fighter as candidates.

Otherwise my list is:

TPM -
Naboo Fighter - If they could figure out a way to get the droid in the fighter or even just a plug for the BaD domes so that we could have more than a fleet of R2-D2s that would be great.
Flash Speeder - The original sucked and if they did remake it I would buy it but I don't need to see it happen.
Vulture Droid - The Vulture's we got way back when are too small and way crappy. When will they repaint the new one in TPM colors?!

AOTC -
Jango's Slave I - I really really want to see a BMF style Slave I. It's not in every movie but it's iconic and it's Boba/Jango's so it would sell.

ROTS -
Republic Speederbike - A good looking speederbike would be welcome indeed.
AT-RT (Ep 3 version) - A super articulated version like the new AT-ST would be awesome!

ANH -
Luke's Landspeeder - I only own the 95 version so I know there's better but as the first speeder it should get the all-star treatment.
Sandcrawler - missed it the first time but its size was off, I just think it would be hard to sell people on a big empty sandcrawler. Though we all have tons of spare droid parts now...
Vader's TIE Advanced - This can and should be redone. This is now one of the smallest TIEs when it should be much beefier.
Y-wing Fighter - I'm happy with the Y-Wing we've got but if they really geared it up I'd be very excited to get another.

ESB -
AT-AT - Dear God yes! A larger more to scale walker would be incredible! I'd pay big bucks for this one done right.
Slave I - I really really want to see a BMF style Slave I. It's not in every movie but it's iconic and it's Boba/Jango's so it would sell.

ROTJ -
Imperial Speederbike - YES! Why has this taken so long? We've got some great SA figures of scout troopers Luke and Leia and yet none can sit on the speeders from '95 so I'm still using those crappy figures for those scenes. No excuse!
Skiff - I've got two so part of me says no. BUT the ones we have are too small and are way too crowded when you try to get the right figures on the skiff. Even getting rid of that platform in the middle would free up great space. Still wouldn't be able to fit Pote Snitkin behind the controls though....

pbarnard
11-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Imperial Speederbike - YES! Why has this taken so long? We've got some great SA figures of scout troopers Luke and Leia and yet none can sit on the speeders from '95 so I'm still using those crappy figures for those scenes. No excuse!

I'd say '83 myself.:thumbsup: There's been a few increased articulation points in Star Wars figures in the 25+ years since the release of the original mold which more or less is still thrown out there.

Ando
11-06-2009, 01:13 PM
The Eta 2 JSF needs a better droid socket and definitely could be scaled down.

I also think the ARC 170 could use a better droid socket and JT's suggestions about the guns and missile placement is spot on as well as geared S foils. And a downscale in size would be good, too, because this ship is pretty unwieldy for me let alone my tiny 4 year old nephew who didn't even ATTEMPT to pick it up to play with it.

Hasbro's gotten the last 2 all new vehicles with droid sockets done correctly, so it'd be great to see them apply that to older ships that can/should hold an astromech.

TheDarthVader
11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I think we need a ROTJ B-wing with a different paint scheme. An OT B-wing has not seen release in a long long time, and I still need to add one into my collection.

Darth Jax
11-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Cloud Car doesn't need to be REdone as much as it needs to be done.

Devo
11-06-2009, 05:43 PM
PT

Naboo starfighter - I'd even buy a simple reissue but ideally they'd at least chrome the front.
AAT tank - this won't happen, they're doing quite well with the original mold, but I would have liked this to be a more accurate size.

OT

Sandcrawler - would need to be much bigger. The old one might aswell be an icecream van...worked by Willrow hood!
Landspeeder - I'd like a more accurate paintjob on the saga one plus a minor retool to the rear of the seats taking out a section where C-3PO can put his feet.
Speeder bike - just because it would be an easy do for Hasbro. Its not something I've been massively campaigning for.
desert skiff - a major want for me, this needs to be a good bit bigger than the current one so as to fit the requisite amount of figures with room to swing a lightsaber without accidentally decapitating Han solo. It also needs to be sturdier and have foot pegs appropriate to todays figures.
Y-wing - I think they said a complete overhaul was unlikely aside from some minor changes next year. A pity because the current one doesn't look quite right next to the larger scale X-wing.
AT-AT - an externally more accurate vehicle with an authentically detailed cockpit for 2 drivers and a standing Veers and Snowtrooper officer would be ideal...but I can't see it happening. I have a feeling Hasbro are going to close down the super vehicle range once again.

If I were to narrow this down my most important ones would be:

Desert Skiff
Sandcrawler

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 04:33 AM
JT, I believe you forgot to list the Sith Infiltrator and the Geonosian fighter as candidates.You are correct, I did forget the Geo Fighter, and have added it to the list. I did not forget the Sith Infiltrator though, it fell into "done lately", and while that thing did suck mightily, it is within 4 years so I intentionally left it out.

Otherwise my list is:

TPM -

Naboo Fighter - If they could figure out a way to get the droid in the fighterThis isn't possible, if you look at the movie, there's no physical way an R2 can fit in there, the Cross Sections cheats by claiming the body telescopes down (the feet somehow magically don't hit the torso) and the head telescopes up, but the design of the ship simply doesn't have room for the shoulders of the body:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6a/N1_ep1ig.png

Vulture Droid - The Vulture's we got way back when are too small and way crappy. When will they repaint the new one in TPM colors?!I still think the TPM versions are way smaller than the ROTS versions, in TPM the Droid Fighters are significantly smaller than the Naboo Fighter. As for the color though, I can't argue that, but I didn't include this on the list merely because of the new version even with its wrong paint.

Skiff - I've got two so part of me says no. BUT the ones we have are too small and are way too crowded when you try to get the right figures on the skiff. Even getting rid of that platform in the middle would free up great space. Still wouldn't be able to fit Pote Snitkin behind the controls though....That platform is in the movie tho', but it could be narrower on the toy I guess.

I also think the ARC 170 could use a better droid socket and JT's suggestions about the guns and missile placement is spot on as well as geared S foils. And a downscale in size would be good, too, because this ship is pretty unwieldy for me let alone my tiny 4 year old nephew who didn't even ATTEMPT to pick it up to play with it.

Hasbro's gotten the last 2 all new vehicles with droid sockets done correctly, so it'd be great to see them apply that to older ships that can/should hold an astromech. Yeah, the ARC-170's droid socket was something that really cheesed me off. It's the wrong height and it can't hold the figure in there for crap.

Interesting idea about shrinking it some, and I think I agree, it's not a fun toy that big since it's supposed to be a "whooshing" fighter like the A-wing or Naboo Fighter.

Cloud Car doesn't need to be REdone as much as it needs to be done.
That's why I didn't put it on my list, I'm not counting anything that wasn't released since '95.

Landspeeder - I'd like a more accurate paintjob on the saga one plus a minor retool to the rear of the seats taking out a section where C-3PO can put his feet.I believe 3PO actually doesn't put his legs behind the seats, rather he sits diagonally so they're off to the side. Not sure the figure could emulate this though, so better to have the option than not.

morpheus282
11-07-2009, 09:18 AM
AT-AT for sure.

I'd like a sandcrawler, but I saw a question from another site where Hasbro confirmed this one isn't due for a re-release or retool anytime in the foreseeable future.

I remember seeing somewhere that Hasbro has a major overhaul of the OT Y-wing planned for next year, so I'll wait until then to comment.

In summary - I need a new AT-AT!!!

DarkJedi5
11-07-2009, 03:00 PM
This isn't possible, if you look at the movie, there's no physical way an R2 can fit in there, the Cross Sections cheats by claiming the body telescopes down (the feet somehow magically don't hit the torso) and the head telescopes up, but the design of the ship simply doesn't have room for the shoulders of the body:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6a/N1_ep1ig.png

That's why I like the idea of the interchangeable droid dome plug in feature. I guess I just want variation in droids for a fleet of N1s.

I still think the TPM versions are way smaller than the ROTS versions, in TPM the Droid Fighters are significantly smaller than the Naboo Fighter. As for the color though, I can't argue that, but I didn't include this on the list merely because of the new version even with its wrong paint.

I could have sworn when we see them walking in the hanger at the very beginning of TPM they are pretty big relative the Radiant VII. I'll have to go rewatch that though.

That platform is in the movie tho', but it could be narrower on the toy I guess.

You are correct sir! But they do seem less obtrusive in the film. I guess by getting rid of it there would be more room for figures but if you redid it all together than just make it big enough to fit all the figures it should.

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Now that we have a ton of droid domes with standardized plug, there's no reason they shouldn't do it. They seem receptive to the idea in Q&A.

That scene is not properly assembled, compare the Droid Fighters to the N-1 and then the N-1 to the Battle Droids at the end of the film, it's well out of whack.

I definitely would prefer a redone Skiff, the original is nice but there's so much rickety or half-delivered on it that it seems hard to want to salvage.

dindae
11-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Here is what I would consider rebuying looking at the list. Hasbro could surprise me and do something amazing with the other but doubtful. Most of these I am happt with but seeing what they did with the Falcon my expectations of what they could do is inflated.

Anakin's airspeeder - the first was a gimmick vehicle I could easily buy a cheap replacement but I doubt this is high on Hasbro's priority.

Zam Wesell's airspeeder - same

Sandcrawler - this was absolute crap. I bought it. I'm not proud. The only good thing was it fit in my diorama where a reasonable sized one would force me to move it to another shelf. It was such as massive dissaster I can't see Hasbro doing another.

Y-wing Fighter - So many thing to update I doubt the next version will be one I buy but if they keep at it like the TIE I might buy one down the road.

AT-AT - I don't need one but if they make some massive changes I could see buying one.

Slave I - not my favorite ship but if they add all the bells and whisltes i could be tempted

Imperial Speederbike - they need to scratch that mold

Skiff - I could buy a better one that does wobble like a weeble except it does fall down.

morpheus282
11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Sandcrawler - this was absolute crap. I bought it. I'm not proud. The only good thing was it fit in my diorama where a reasonable sized one would force me to move it to another shelf. It was such as massive dissaster I can't see Hasbro doing another.

If you're looking to free up some shelf space, I'd be glad to give the sandcralwer a new home. :D

dindae
11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
If you're looking to free up some shelf space, I'd be glad to give the sandcralwer a new home. :D

It doesn't really free up that much space unfortunately.

morpheus282
11-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I'd still be glad to give it a new home if you're not happy with it.

JediTricks
11-10-2009, 05:14 PM
A lot of interest in the Sandcrawler, despite it not doing all that much in the film, being a totally un-aggressive vehicle, and only the droids and jawas interacting with it. Very surprising. What would you guys do with it? Would it just be recreating the Purchase of the Droids scene? How big would you really want it, and how much would you pay for it?

gba88
11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
A lot of interest in the Sandcrawler, despite it not doing all that much in the film, being a totally un-aggressive vehicle, and only the droids and jawas interacting with it. Very surprising. What would you guys do with it? Would it just be recreating the Purchase of the Droids scene? How big would you really want it, and how much would you pay for it?

Hm... ok how about as large as they could make it? 2 feet tall by...whatever. If done *right*, I'd pay up to $200. That would be with droid parts, cargo bay/s, ramps, lighted cockpit area. Yes, I'm totally dreaming on this one.

Personally, I find it one of the most iconic vehicles from ANH. The mammoth size, the desolation of the desert, the introduction (more or less) of varying, interesting droids....mysterious small robed creatures with lighted eyes piloting it.

In my mind, I think of ANH, and instantly picture the tatooine landscape at twilight with a sandcrawler on the horizon with a dimly lit cockpit.

JediTricks
11-10-2009, 05:29 PM
At 2' tall, it'd be around 3' long and 1.25' wide, it'd be quite a whopper.

El Chuxter
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Anakin, Owen, and Luke interact with the sandcrawler as well. As for why people want it, it's the Jawas' sweet ride. Everyone loves Jawas. They are awesome.

DarkJedi5
11-10-2009, 05:40 PM

I wouldn't necessarily set up scenes from the films but just general Tatooine dios with Jawas and Tuskens, Luke and the Droids, Sandtroopers, the homestead, Mos Eisley etc. I'd pay over $100 as long as it was bigger and more detailed than the last one.

JediTricks
11-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Anakin, Owen, and Luke interact with the sandcrawler as well. As for why people want it, it's the Jawas' sweet ride. Everyone loves Jawas. They are awesome.
"Interact"? They stand NEAR it, that's not much.

gba88
11-10-2009, 06:16 PM
At 2' tall, it'd be around 3' long and 1.25' wide, it'd be quite a whopper.

Yeah, I'd be cool with that :) I'm in a pretty small apt now with hardly anything displayed (most in storage bins), but eventually I look to have a house.

I passed on the millennium falcon, x-wing, turbo tank, etc.. because of space, but as far a sandcrawler done right...yeah, I'd buy that.

JediTricks
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
It'd be like the Clone Turbo Tank squared.

morpheus282
11-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I'd buy a straight reissue. This may be a non-aggressive vehicle, but it has some great play value. Kids can re-enact the sale of the droids or the slaughtered jawa scene, but kids don't just play what they see in the movies. When I was a kid I wanted one but due to the cost of the added R/C features it was out of our price range. My daughter is crazy about Star Wars, and I can see her using this for Anakin and Padme's RV or something else even more creative that will have me laughing for a week.

So if anyone out there has a sandcrawler they aren't happy with, PM me!

Devo
11-10-2009, 07:53 PM

It wouldn't have to be massive but bigger than the icecream van we currently have. I know thats a bit vague. I'd leave it up to Hasbro as to how much bigger, however they probably would rather just rerelease the old one if anything.

Yeah i'd be using its exterior in the purchase of the droids scene and if it had a nice interior I'd keep that open for figures too.

JediTricks
11-11-2009, 02:25 AM
There's very little chance Hasbro will ever revisit the Sandcrawler at all, much less with a new sculpt, so you may as well speculate on what you'd want to see.

gba88
11-11-2009, 06:43 AM
There's very little chance Hasbro will ever revisit the Sandcrawler at all, much less with a new sculpt, so you may as well speculate on what you'd want to see.

...or do what this guy did... :)

http://tinyurl.com/yheqwfb

darthbooger
11-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I think its the treads on the sandcrawler that gives it so much appeal for me. I know if the Turbo Tank had treads instead of wheels I'd own more than one. Dont know why that is really......:crazed:

IG 8D8
11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
i find it hard to believe the sandcrawler is more iconic than the falcon, death star, x wings and ties, star destroyers, etc. It would be nice to have one though. Seen a few custom ones and they are nice.

As for other ships I'd like to see Maul's infiltrator done to proper scale, as well as Slave 1. the AT-AT is also high on my list because the toy looks so different than the film version. The toy's oversized head sticks out like a sore thumb.

JediTricks
11-14-2009, 04:44 AM
...or do what this guy did... :)

http://tinyurl.com/yheqwfb
Oh, we're well aware:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36872
:D

I was just monkeying with the Sith Infiltrator today, it is just disappointment on every scale, isn't it? Maybe I should let Asajj Ventress use it since they're not likely to make her fanblade fighter, and the Infiltrator's open mode at least has a sleek fighter look to it (until it snaps shut due to no stops on the arms).

gba88
11-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Oh, we're well aware:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36872
:D

Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen the inside pictures. That is the most amazing custom *anything* I've ever seen :)

morpheus282
11-14-2009, 09:42 AM
That's an amazing sandcrawler, but I can't see spending more on a toy than I did on my first three cars. I'd love vor Hasbro to make a new larger scale version, but since it's not going to happen I'll hold out for a big AT-AT and keep trying to locate one of the previous sandcrawler releases - even if it is massively undersized.

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Yeah, honestly, the BMF is the most I'd ever spend on a SW vehicle for figures, and it's likely the only one I'd spend that much on. We'll see what happens with a future release of the AT-AT, but I can't imagine spending $150 on it these days.

El Chuxter
11-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Call me insane, but I'd be more likely to spend $150 on a properly-scaled Sail Barge or Sandcrawler. I love the Falcon, but somehow the others seem to me like a better use of $150.

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 06:27 AM
That is some odd priorities to me. The Sandcrawler over the Falcon? The Sandcrawler does NOTHING in the saga but lumber through the desert, it's most important scene is when the outside of it is turned into a big rolling swap meet.

gba88
11-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Call me insane, but I'd be more likely to spend $150 on a properly-scaled Sail Barge or Sandcrawler. I love the Falcon, but somehow the others seem to me like a better use of $150.

I share this mentality too... Idk, but the BMF doesn't really do much for me. Yes, it's a pivotal ship, but the sail barge and sandcrawler are just more mysterious :) Maybe *that's* what it is......

Darth Jax
11-15-2009, 10:32 AM
That is some odd priorities to me. The Sandcrawler over the Falcon? The Sandcrawler does NOTHING in the saga but lumber through the desert, it's most important scene is when the outside of it is turned into a big rolling swap meet.

the size of the falcon doesn't make it much of a toy - more of a play environment. a kid certainly can't move it around and make it fly (thus the smaller module). so a big sandcrawler that has a cockpit and working elevator/droid tube and interior areas for play could work.

but i don't need it.

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, but the Falcon has imagination-generating potential to drive play, what does the Sandcrawler have? You can only run over 3PO so many times before it gets old.

Darth Jax
11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
gives you a reason to have all those partially completed droids since it seems there is always one hard to find piece for the BAD

morpheus282
11-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah, but the Falcon has imagination-generating potential to drive play, what does the Sandcrawler have? You can only run over 3PO so many times before it gets old.

Running over C-3PO will never get old.

gba88
11-15-2009, 07:57 PM
gives you a reason to have all those partially completed droids since it seems there is always one hard to find piece for the BAD

Yes.... a full hangar/cargo area full of droid parts!!!!