PDA

View Full Version : CW Basic figure assortments petering out?

JediTricks
11-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I just looked through the last few waves of the Clone Wars '09 figures, and man does it look uneven. I've been on board with this line since the first wave, it's been a good balance of clones and characters, but now it seems like it's switched to a lot more clones and less new characters. After the Cad Bane wave, it feels to me like the line is going into freefall. Let's look at it:

Luminara Unduli
Captain Argyus
Clone Commander Thire
Battle Droid - AAT Driver

Matchstick
Padme Adventure Gear
Tank Gunner
Ziro's Assassin Droid

Clone Trooper Jek
Commander Bly
Aayla Secura
Hondo Ohnaka

The only Jedi in 4th quarter '09 are 2 gals, 1 of which is super boring.

Then there are 6 trooper variations, 1 of them is a senate guard character but not that good a figure IMO, and there are no new accessories with any of them except Jek with some little bandolier, and Argyus's ridiculous helmet and missile launcher.

Then there's a whopping 1 CIS figure, it's an unnecessary repaint of a battle droid.

There's 2 bounty hunter type figures, 1 is a repaint of a major pegwarmer, the other is the only new exciting figure in the whole lot, a Weequay pirate.

And finally, there's Adventure Padme, the figure we were ALL waiting for, right?

There's so little in there that seems exciting. Most aren't even cool trooper variants. It seems like a real downer ending to the '09 lineup to me, and I wonder if Hasbro realized they were aiming to it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Seems like they're pumping out the main characters to make up for it, though. Dooku, Ahsoka, Cody, and R2-D2 are all showing up again, and Anakin and Obi-Wan are released in just about every case assortment.

I think the first wave of 2010 stuff is back on track as far as excitement goes, so I wonder where they will go after that.

Ando
11-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I dunno. I kinda like those upcoming figures. I am collecting 1 of each clone now (which I'd originally planned to do with the "realistic" line before I caught the army building bug) as well as the other non clone characters. Including the lady Jedi and adventure gear Padme.

I really like the Captain Argyus figure, but I think that has to do more with how over the top hilariously obvious it was that he was a bad guy in that CW episode. I hope they intend to make a generic Senate Commando sometime soon, too.

I also like the design on Bly as well.

Just my opinions. I think as the second season carries on and the new year begins, we'll see more and more of what you like in the line, JT.

OC47150
11-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I came across Matchstick and the tank gunner for the first time today. I've only seen Luminara and Argyus once, and that was more than a month ago (maybe longer).

JediTricks
11-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Weird, I guess Hasbro has an audience for this stuff. I feel totally left out after some decent momentum for the last year and a quarter.