PDA

View Full Version : Figure Lightsaber design...why?

gba88
11-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Ok Guys,
Why do the lightsabers have the flare/flame part at the hilt? IMO these would look SO much better if the saber shaft was just uniformly cylindrical. This is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I'm almost half tempted to just grind/sand them all down, but it would drive me nuts since there would be SO MANY to do.

pbarnard
11-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Really? Are there more than a dozen like that? Generally not an issue.

Actually there is a reason, it has to do with making sure there is a relatively strong joint so the blade wouldn't break off at the hilt. The sculpts are pretty little delicate things, and if you've ever used a lathe, the narrower you make one point on a turned object, the more likely it is to fail at that point.

gba88
11-12-2009, 12:17 PM

Actually there is a reason, it has to do with making sure there is a relatively strong joint so the blade wouldn't break off at the hilt. The sculpts are pretty little delicate things, and if you've ever used a lathe, the narrower you make one point on a turned object, the more likely it is to fail at that point.

All the figures I've bought recently are like that. I remember some were 2 parts, and they had the flame bulge thing too. I thought that some of the newer ones were solid pieces with painted handles/grips? I haven't tried removing the paint though to test that theory, it just seemed that they were really solid. I just think they look really bad for some reason. You're reasoning makes sense though.

Daryl VayDar
11-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok Guys,
Why do the lightsabers have the flare/flame part at the hilt?

uhhhh- that might be my fault.

I don't know if there is really any way to know for sure, but most of my friends are convinced the lightsaber flare came from my custom figure work.

Let's hear a story, yes?

OK- I'm pretty sure that Luke Skywalker in Bespin Fatigues circa 1980 was the first figure that has a separate lightsaber (not housed in the figures' arm), and it was round with a small hilt. When the line was revived in 1995, all of the figures came with round, single-piece lightsabers. These were (and largely still are) cast from a single mold in the color of the blade, then they add paint detail to the hilt area. The round blade style was released with every Jedi/Sith figure from 1995 until 2001, when they released Eeth Koth.

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJeethkoth.asp

This was the first figure to ever feature the flare effect at the hilt, and came out in the Power of the Jedi line. Since that release, nearly every Jedi/Sith figure has featured the flare effect at the hilt, and only recently have they started including the old round style with some of their figures.

So, lightsaber history lesson over- how could it be my fault?

Well, starting in 2000, I sold custom Star Wars figures on ebay. The customizing community was pretty small back then, and the line itself was pretty small, only being about 6 years old. (They did NOT release 50-75 figures a year back then!) People were willing to pay good money for figures not yet made, and even better money for figures that were perceived as having "a snowball's chance..." of being made. I was(am) a huge fan of the Tales of the Jedi comic series, and made quite a few different custom versions of Ulic, Exar, Nomi and the crew. These figures were very popular on ebay, selling for $40-$50 each on average, and racking up 500 or more views.

So, my history lesson over- and the reason it may be my fault is that about 6 months before our friend Eeth Koth was released, I posted another Ulic figure I had done for sale on ebay. It was probably the third version of him that I had made, and in an attempt to do something fresh, I made the figure pictured below. The response to the lightsaber floored me, I got dozens of questions from other customizers on the technique that I used, and I think the auction itself had something like 800 viewings.

So basically, from 1980-2001 the style of the lightsaber was relatively unchanged, and six months after my version "went public", the official design was changed to include the flare...

DarkArtist
11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
i have no issue with the flamed end of the blade, i think it looks cool with it actually. i'm guessing the flame end is to simulate the most intense part of the blade perhaps.

gba88
11-12-2009, 04:51 PM
i have no issue with the flamed end of the blade, i think it looks cool with it actually. i'm guessing the flame end is to simulate the most intense part of the blade perhaps.

Yeah, I figured that it was supposed to be the most powerful part of the saber since it would be brighter right at the source that it was emitting from.

Daryl VayDar (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/member.php?u=8192): you son of a!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST KIDDING :) great story.... and, I wouldn't doubt if that is exactly how it happened.

Idk...I have tried to get used to it, but my eyes go directly to the hilt when I see the sabers, and IMO it makes them look more sword like rather than energy like. I guess I'm just too old school or too much of a purist. Prob the old school thing though... I cannot STAND the alien-like transformers that came out of the TF movies...(not to mention how ROYALLY ROTF sucked). Oh, and I pretty much hate TF animated and don't care for the art style or figures from clone wars so.... yeah.

Tycho
11-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Daryl VayDar: I wanted to chime in that I am also a huge fan of Tales of the Jedi!

I can't wait for the Ulic / Exar comic 2-pack we've seen pictures of, but I know all the characters too and want Sylvar, Tott Doneeta, Cay Qel Droma, Nomi Sunrider of course, the Sith War Droid, Warb Null, the Onderron Soldiers, Queen Amonoa, the Spirit of Freedon Nadd - I could name all the characters as I know you could.

Tales of the Jedi / The Sith War / Redemption - all were incredible. Today's comics like Legacy are trying to recapture that, but falling short IMO, inspite of how much I like Legacy. KOTOR would be much better if it would reference TOTJ because the era so obviously influenced KOTOR, and perhaps Nomi or Vima Sunrider are still alive in the KOTOR era (we haven't seen who comprises the entire Jedi High Council in Zayne Carrick's time - just those under suspicion in The Covenant).

Ulic's era was the ultimate!

Anyway, I don't mind the flares on the figures' lightsabers. They're kind of exciting-looking if you ask me. I prefer 2 lightsabers (a hilt, and a lit-blade) offered up with each Jedi figure. The separables can break too easily, though I've been very careful with mine.

The best way to do lightsabers were demonstrated by TPM "Naboo Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan figures." True they didn't have the flares on their blades, but the 2 sabers with each figure was the way to offer 'em!

LTBasker
11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
The flare was an attempt to add an exciting look to the figures' accessories for AOTC's debut. Blasters got blast effects, the Jedi got force effects, etc.. POTJ Koth was probably a preview to see how people took to it. They did away with the other effects as they all failed horribly due to causing the gummy accessories to bend rather than making them "exciting," and the force effects were pretty much as bland as possible. The flare on the lightsaber was kept, though, probably due to it being mostly non-intrusive.

Personally, I've never cared for it, especially since it looks like a cheesy anime effect, but oh well. It's easy to ignore.

TheDarthVader
11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
I never cared too much for the flares either. I like the regular smooth lightsabers. :D

gba88
11-12-2009, 09:13 PM
I never cared too much for the flares either. I like the regular smooth lightsabers. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one :) Yeah the "cheap anime" effect comment seems very appropriate... anime or not, the style just looks de-valuing or hokey for lack of a better word. I'll probably take a couple and experiment to see if I can find a way to easily, quickly round them down without messing them up.

Snowtrooper
11-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I prefer the smooth over the flare, but not by that much. I'd be more concerned about whether the hilts are correct or not.

JediTricks
11-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok Guys,
Why do the lightsabers have the flare/flame part at the hilt? IMO these would look SO much better if the saber shaft was just uniformly cylindrical. This is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I'm almost half tempted to just grind/sand them all down, but it would drive me nuts since there would be SO MANY to do.
You wouldn't be able to do this anyway, when you start grinding it'll damage the finish because it's no longer cast, so they'd turn white on the outside.

They do this to look dynamic, the older figures had the straight blade design and after about 7 years it started to look underwhelming. Also, in the films, the blades have a slight taper, but on the toys it cannot quite match that at the tip, so having the base of the blade "explode" a little gives it that look. And finally, in the films, the base of the blade has a little more glow than the rest, this is just the physical expression of that.

I've grown to like the flares, they have a dynamic feel to them where the smooth sabers begin to look like a stick.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Huh? I assume you've realized by now, but just about every lightsaber released since 2002 has the flare that he was talking about.

Daryl VayDar, that's certainly an interesting coincidence, but I think that's all it is. It takes roughly 18 months to plan, design, sculpt, and release a figure, so there's really no way that your sculpt could have influenced Eeth Koth (unless they held off the lightsaber until the end of the production and rushed it, but I find that unlikely).

I've gotten quite used to this style of saber, and as JT said, the old ones look plain now. The recent AOTC Obi-Wan looks odd with the 1999 saber, so it's good that the repack has the newer one, even though I got the first release of the figure. I wish they'd give Qui-Gon a new-style lightsaber - the 2002 version has the flare, so I'm not sure why they don't use that one; maybe it's because it's in two parts? I remember that a ton of my AOTC figures' sabers broke and had to either be glued or be replaced by Hasbro, so that was quite frustrating. It seems like nowadays the sabers are mostly one piece.

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 04:03 AM
Yeah, they phased out the removable blade sabers after too much breakage, now they won't do it. That's why we never got that sweet ROTJ Luke saber sculpt they did, so frustrating.

gba88
11-13-2009, 05:27 AM
You wouldn't be able to do this anyway, when you start grinding it'll damage the finish because it's no longer cast, so they'd turn white on the outside.

Actually.... I did one last night with a very fine grit sanding disc on a dremel. It turned out nicely, but took about 20 minutes or so. You only get the white you mentioned if you use heavy machinery type stuff (say a grinding wheel or rough grit sandpaper[maybe 80 or 100]). They actually make sandpaper up to about 5000 grade I believe. I've done a lot of custom painting and modding, so this is really no big deal.

My main concern is developing a way to *quickly* modify them *efficiently* since as I said, there would be so many I'd want to do.

I'll do a couple more this weekend and try to post some pics. it's not hard though, you just have to use the right tools and very fine grit sandpaper. You can polish the "blade" right back up to the high gloss factory look too. The first one I did, I didn't even take much time or baby it, and it turned out looking so much better than it previously did with the flare. This is still just a matter of opinion though, and I can't imagine most people caring or taking the time to modify theirs :)

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Huh? I assume you've realized by now, but just about every lightsaber released since 2002 has the flare that he was talking about.

I guess I really never took the time to notice. Some have more pronounced "explosion" effects, and all seem to be tapered. Plus, with recycling of blades in some figures several times over, customs, etc I just don't care either way.

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Actually.... I did one last night with a very fine grit sanding disc on a dremel. It turned out nicely, but took about 20 minutes or so. You only get the white you mentioned if you use heavy machinery type stuff (say a grinding wheel or rough grit sandpaper[maybe 80 or 100]). They actually make sandpaper up to about 5000 grade I believe. I've done a lot of custom painting and modding, so this is really no big deal.I'm surprised to hear you were able to do any modifying on these things without ruining their finish, I haven't seen any examples of this turning out ok (sometimes folks will wet them and that will fill the fine pits to make it look clear, but it's only temporary).

My main concern is developing a way to *quickly* modify them *efficiently* since as I said, there would be so many I'd want to do.Seems like the quickest way would be to chop off some hilts and glue them to oldschool blades, which should be really easy to get extras of on ebay and at collectors shows now that POTF2 is totally out of vogue.

I'll do a couple more this weekend and try to post some pics. it's not hard though, you just have to use the right tools and very fine grit sandpaper. You can polish the "blade" right back up to the high gloss factory look too. The first one I did, I didn't even take much time or baby it, and it turned out looking so much better than it previously did with the flare. This is still just a matter of opinion though, and I can't imagine most people caring or taking the time to modify theirs :)Could you share pics? I'm curious to see what these modern hilts look like with those oldschool blades, and to see how they look customized.

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Seems like the quickest way would be to chop off some hilts and glue them to oldschool blades, which should be really easy to get extras of on ebay and at collectors shows now that POTF2 is totally out of vogue.

Speaking as a customizer, the PotF2 loose figures by themselves are out of vogue (except for some of the toopers to make helmets). Loose complete or carded figures are still in demands because of those sabers. People are called all sort of nasty things because they'll give up their figures, but not their lightsabers. It is one of the handful of accessories that has never seen demand fall off.

gba88
11-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm surprised to hear you were able to do any modifying on these things without ruining their finish, I haven't seen any examples of this turning out ok (sometimes folks will wet them and that will fill the fine pits to make it look clear, but it's only temporary).

Seems like the quickest way would be to chop off some hilts and glue them to oldschool blades, which should be really easy to get extras of on ebay and at collectors shows now that POTF2 is totally out of vogue.

Could you share pics? I'm curious to see what these modern hilts look like with those oldschool blades, and to see how they look customized.

No problem! I'll def try to post some pics this weekend! Yeah, did you ever hear of wet sanding? It's sometimes done for auto repair work...you use water or oil as a lubricant, and very fine grade sandpaper (400-1500), then you use a rubbing compound to polish to a high gloss finish.

That's an idea as far as cutting them off...I still have a bunch of POTF figures sealed. I'll have to check my dad's sometime, I know I have a bunch of loose POTF guys in storage there. Ideally though, I'd like to modify the specific sabers that each figure has come with.

Like I said, I'll try do do a few this weekend and post some pics :)

gba88
11-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Speaking as a customizer, the PotF2 loose figures by themselves are out of vogue (except for some of the toopers to make helmets). Loose complete or carded figures are still in demands because of those sabers. People are called all sort of nasty things because they'll give up their figures, but not their lightsabers. It is one of the handful of accessories that has never seen demand fall off.

Very interesting!

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Speaking as a customizer, the PotF2 loose figures by themselves are out of vogue (except for some of the toopers to make helmets). Loose complete or carded figures are still in demands because of those sabers. People are called all sort of nasty things because they'll give up their figures, but not their lightsabers. It is one of the handful of accessories that has never seen demand fall off.Really? I may have to hit ebay with some of the unused stuff I got stored up here.

No problem! I'll def try to post some pics this weekend! Yeah, did you ever hear of wet sanding? It's sometimes done for auto repair work...you use water or oil as a lubricant, and very fine grade sandpaper (400-1500), then you use a rubbing compound to polish to a high gloss finish. Yeah, I've heard of that, but it seems excessive and overly pricey.

That's an idea as far as cutting them off...I still have a bunch of POTF figures sealed. I'll have to check my dad's sometime, I know I have a bunch of loose POTF guys in storage there. Ideally though, I'd like to modify the specific sabers that each figure has come with.Seems like it'd be WAY cheaper and faster to swap blades than sand smoothly and evenly the blade flares.

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Really? I may have to hit ebay with some of the unused stuff I got stored up here.

By demand, meaning some people will buy them for more than just reimbursing shippping. You're still gonna take in the groin for hoarding them hoping their value increased. :thumbsup:

Tycho
11-13-2009, 09:56 PM
I think Star Wars figures should come with bows and arrows.

If they went extra-vehicular in space and shot bows and arrows, because of the lack of gravity in space, the arrows would continue on until they hit something - probably with lethal speed.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but the Rebel Alliance ought to have used Ewoks in Space to save money on energy costs for laser beams.

Then Luke could train the Ewoks and they wouldn't need new Jedi Knights and we'd be discussing this whole issue about lightsaber flares with concern for a lot less action figures.

Trust me: Ewoks in Space is the future of Star Wars!

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Well they would work for projectiles...there's just so many. After they shoot their arrows, shoot ewoks themselves.

gba88
11-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I've heard of that, but it seems excessive and overly pricey.

Seems like it'd be WAY cheaper and faster to swap blades than sand smoothly and evenly the blade flares.

These comments go back to one of my other posts about it taking so much time and probably no one would care about doing this b/c of that reason.

It's not excessive and pricey if you are OCD and already have the materials ;)

I did about 3 last night and took pictures. I'm going to mess with a few more today sometime and will post all pics later or tomorrow. Here's what I did: used a sanding disc to take down the bulk of the initial flare size, then wrapped tape around the hilt/handle and inserted it into my keyless chuck cordless dremel. This became sort of a mini lathe. Next, I started with 320, then 400, then 1200 grade sandpaper and held it around the "blade" while I had the dremel running on speed 1 or 2. It is VERY easy to mess this process up. I finished by keeping the saber in the dremel, then using toothpaste to polish it to as close of a gloss as could be attained. The finish was *slightly* less than that of the original from hasbro, but definitely acceptable. I have various pics of various sabers from different steps in the process so it will be more clear when I post those. To bring the gloss back, I experimented with: clear nail polish (too sticky, doesn't really fully dry), minwax polycrylic finish (simply dip in the can then hang upside down to dry), and today I'll try krylon crystal clear gloss spray. I've had great results with the krylon in the past, and I think that that will be the way to go. Time = about 15-20 minutes a saber btw.

So, as you see, this IS an OCD, INSANE process, but like almost everything else, it IS possible if you're crazy enough :razz:

One thing I found out for sure...there's no way to do this *quickly*. The hardest part is getting the stupid flare (which, btw, I've REALLY come to actually HATE now), sanded down uniformly. You still end up with a slightly thicker section at the hilt. This varies on the samples I've tried, and you *could* get it perfect, but you'd probably end up destroying it first.

gba88
11-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Ok guys,..... as promised, here are the pics!

I have the process as streamlined as it's gonna get. I already had all materials and tools used, so it's not going to cost me a penny to do. I was really pleased with the final results, and they'll only get better as I do more. As time permits, I plan to do ALL of my sabers this way.

Here is a quick summary for anyone crazy enough to want to do this.

1. put tape over the handle/hilt to protect the paint during the process

2. use a "fine" sanding disk with a dremel or similar rotary tool set at a very low speed (I stayed between 1 and 1.5). This is the step where you sand away the bulk of the flare.

3. place the handle of the saber into a keyless chuck in the dremel. In this step, hold sandpaper around the saber as shown in the second pic. Start with 320 or 400, then jump to 1200 or 1500. Be careful not to get the saber too hot! It WILL melt and/or break.

4. For glassy finish: dip the saber into some minwax polycrylic wood finish. You can get a small can of this relatively cheaply at major dept. stores. Hang sabers upside down (I placed the handles in the edge of some corrugated cardboard), let drip for 5 minutes, then dab off excess from tips with a toothpick.

For a semi-gloss or slightly flatter finish, you can polish the saber with buffing compound, or toothpaste with a cloth. You just apply the toothpaste to the cloth, then pinch the saber between it while you run it in the dremel just like the sanding process.

http://home.comcast.net/~prcpro/sw/sabers1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~prcpro/sw/sabers2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~prcpro/sw/sabers3.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~prcpro/sw/sabers4.jpg

JediTricks
11-14-2009, 11:58 PM
By demand, meaning some people will buy them for more than just reimbursing shippping. You're still gonna take in the groin for hoarding them hoping their value increased. :thumbsup:I've been hoarding them because I've stopped using them. That and the oversized Stormtrooper blaster, any POTF2 accessory is pretty much useless to me these days, but I haven't bothered doing anything with them. If I thought I could make a buck, I probably wouldn't bother until it was 5 bucks though. :p

I think Star Wars figures should come with bows and arrows.

If they went extra-vehicular in space and shot bows and arrows, because of the lack of gravity in space, the arrows would continue on until they hit something - probably with lethal speed.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but the Rebel Alliance ought to have used Ewoks in Space to save money on energy costs for laser beams.

Then Luke could train the Ewoks and they wouldn't need new Jedi Knights and we'd be discussing this whole issue about lightsaber flares with concern for a lot less action figures.

Trust me: Ewoks in Space is the future of Star Wars!Ah, but that doesn't take into account a basic premise of Newtonian physics, in that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So your arrow would go in 1 direction, and the shooter would be propelled with the same force in the opposite direction. Now granted, the amount of energy needed to propel an arrow at high speed through space is far lower than what could move a person shooting that arrow at the same speed, but there would be some reaction, and multiple shots would build up momentum against the user. Ewoks are especially problematic here because of their lower body weight.

These comments go back to one of my other posts about it taking so much time and probably no one would care about doing this b/c of that reason.

It's not excessive and pricey if you are OCD and already have the materials ;)

I did about 3 last night and took pictures. I'm going to mess with a few more today sometime and will post all pics later or tomorrow. Here's what I did: used a sanding disc to take down the bulk of the initial flare size, then wrapped tape around the hilt/handle and inserted it into my keyless chuck cordless dremel. This became sort of a mini lathe. Next, I started with 320, then 400, then 1200 grade sandpaper and held it around the "blade" while I had the dremel running on speed 1 or 2. It is VERY easy to mess this process up. I finished by keeping the saber in the dremel, then using toothpaste to polish it to as close of a gloss as could be attained. The finish was *slightly* less than that of the original from hasbro, but definitely acceptable. I have various pics of various sabers from different steps in the process so it will be more clear when I post those. To bring the gloss back, I experimented with: clear nail polish (too sticky, doesn't really fully dry), minwax polycrylic finish (simply dip in the can then hang upside down to dry), and today I'll try krylon crystal clear gloss spray. I've had great results with the krylon in the past, and I think that that will be the way to go. Time = about 15-20 minutes a saber btw.

So, as you see, this IS an OCD, INSANE process, but like almost everything else, it IS possible if you're crazy enough :razz:

One thing I found out for sure...there's no way to do this *quickly*. The hardest part is getting the stupid flare (which, btw, I've REALLY come to actually HATE now), sanded down uniformly. You still end up with a slightly thicker section at the hilt. This varies on the samples I've tried, and you *could* get it perfect, but you'd probably end up destroying it first.I figured uniformity would be the hardest part.

How long would it have taken you to do to exacto-knife off the flare blade and glue on a smooth blade to that hilt? I would think 2 minutes plus some drying time, but in that drying time you could be doing more blades. And you wouldn't have to buy multiple grades of sandpaper or a gloss.

Saw the pics. Looks like the results are decent, but it sounds like so much work for something that, if you were as obsessive as me, would always catch the eye as not perfect (there's a dot in my Plo Koon 1 figure's saber that drives me nuts to this day), and the risk to hilt paint is always there as well.

gba88
11-15-2009, 06:56 AM
OH YES....it's DEFINITELY TOO much work!!!! I'll be the first to admit it. If I had extra potf blades, cutting/gluing would definitely be the way to go, and you're right about perfection. You *could* attain perfection with this, but most ppl probably would not. It's far too delicate of a process considering the size and fragility (is that a word?) of the sabers.

BTW I seem to recall searching MANY times for POTF figs with *no bubbles* in their sabers!!!!! I'm having trouble remembering though if that was hasbro figs or lego SW figs. I'm pretty sure if not both, it was POTF figs...I always search for the best paint apps when buying figures, and I just seem to remember passing on a bunch b/c of bubbles in lightsabers!

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
LEGO saber blades are the ones that have bubbles - always. Used to drive me nuts. Hasbro sabers almost never had bubbles or color imperfections even back in the day.

gba88
11-15-2009, 07:06 PM
LEGO saber blades are the ones that have bubbles - always. Used to drive me nuts. Hasbro sabers almost never had bubbles or color imperfections even back in the day.

ahh,,,, ok. Yeah, and for the PRICE of LEGO sets, they need to be PERFECT.

JediTricks
11-16-2009, 03:41 AM
In ye olden days when the SW LEGO line first came out (a decade ago :eek: ), the bubbles were sequestered to an area near the tip and you could place those blades into the hilts in such a way that it'd cover the bubble. But when they moved manufacturing, I think it got sloppier.

Tycho
11-16-2009, 02:52 PM
This thread just brought me a funny mental image:

"Chewie: set 3271."

"What are you doing? You're not possibly going into an Ewok field, are you?"

"Sir: the possibility of successfully navigating an Ewok field is approximately 3,700 to 1!"

"Never tell the Ewoks!"

Imagine the Millennium Falcon hurling through space and Ewoks who shot bows with arrows splattering off its windshield.

"Oh no! Here comes another one!"

"Bee-cha-Waa-Waa!" SPLAT!!! :crazed:

pbarnard
11-16-2009, 03:12 PM
This thread just brought me a funny mental image:

"Chewie: set 3271."

"What are you doing? You're not possibly going into an Ewok field, are you?"

"Sir: the possibility of successfully navigating an Ewok field is approximately 3,700 to 1!"

"Never tell the Ewoks!"

Imagine the Millennium Falcon hurling through space and Ewoks who shot bows with arrows splattering off its windshield.

"Oh no! Here comes another one!"

"Bee-cha-Waa-Waa!" SPLAT!!! :crazed:

After scene by scene, Tycho's next display ready to go. :thumbsup: