PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to Ban ~1Million XBox Live users

pbarnard
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/12/cnet.xbox.live.ban/index.html

Basically, modified the hardware, use the pirated game, you've violated the terms of service. Shouldn't whine when they give you the terms, you click ok, and not bother to read what you agreed to.

sith_killer_99
11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
What is this XBox you speak of and what does a software company like Microsoft have to do with banning live users?:confused:

pbarnard
11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't know. Apparenlty, has to do with Terms of Service, legally binding contracts, pirates, and hackers...in otherwords, nerd and laywer fight!!!!

preacher
11-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Sigh.

If you are going to pirate things at least have the intelligence NOT to connect to the network.

I mean seriously. Do these people have any idea how HUGE Microsoft's datacenters are and the amount of information that is stored? You will be found it if you mod your machine.

Dip*****

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 09:49 PM
The game in question has online play as its focus, I believe. Looks like violating DRM wasn't their best choice, but man, a million folks off Xbox Live? Do they really have that many users that they can spare a million folks? That's a pay service, I doubt there's really THAT many more.