PDA

View Full Version : Random Question: Han Solo in Carbonite Coffins?

pbarnard
11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Totally random thoughts as I complete another thermodynamic graph of a DNA sequence here today.

First are there such a thing as a coffin decorated like Han Solo in carbonite?

Second, would you be burried in it if permissible by your beliefs? (Or would you forgo your beliefs burrial rites to be burried in it?)

Third, should there be or is that just one Star Wars collectible that crosses the line too far?

Ok, what about Urns? What sort of Star Wars Deco should they have if you wanted it?

Is this an old topic? :tired:

Engineernerd
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
How bout Star Trek instead? (Urn or Casket)

http://www.eternalimage.net/star_trek.php

Qui-Long Gone
11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Totally random thoughts as I complete another thermodynamic graph of a DNA sequence here today.

Second, would you be burried in it if permissible by your beliefs? (Or would you forgo your beliefs burrial rites to be burried in it?)

Third, should there be or is that just one Star Wars collectible that crosses the line too far?

Ok, what about Urns? What sort of Star Wars Deco should they have if you wanted it?

Is this an old topic? :tired:

1. Don't know that answer.

2. My beliefs are such that it would be ok for me to burried thusly, in fact, I dare say it would be expected by my friends and family!

3. yes, there should be! No it doesn't cross the line...damnit, you're dead Jim.

4. My Urn would be an R2D2 or Jabba's bong! :razz:

LTBasker
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM

I've never seen one. I've seen Carbonite costumes, desks, and replicas, but never a coffin. I imagine the whole image of the head and the hands grasping at nothingness is a bit too morbid for some. :p

I have a lack of beliefs that incorporate death rituals, so I'm open to whatever. All I ask is that when they dig my grave, they make it shallow, so that I can feel the rain.

I don't think "should" applies very well, as it implies the need for it. Could there ever be a need for it? "Could" is more appropriate. I imagine someone, at some point, with too much money will indeed have the plans to be buried in a Carbonite coffin. I just hope they specify that it's not real carbonite (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/carbonite). Messy.

I'm not entirely sure. R2 sounds good, but too expected. I think I'll take the option of getting my ashes turned into a diamond. Then have it carved into a replica of Vader's helmet, and the base will have a motion sensor that activates the breathing sound.

Is this an old topic?

I assure you, you've asked something quite new.

pbarnard
11-12-2009, 04:59 PM
How bout Star Trek instead? (Urn or Casket)

http://www.eternalimage.net/star_trek.php

No, because than you get shot into the Genesis planet, your marbles get downloaded into some one else, you get to beborn but do it with the not as hot replacement, you go back to 1986 on an estimate/guess, blah blah blah, altered time line by some one who doen't get it..so bad idea. All around.

Background Character
11-12-2009, 05:03 PM
"KISS" the rock band already came out with "KISS" coffins years ago. That band gives George Lucas a run for his money when it comes to merchandising their brand. I seem to remember them going for a few thousand dollars and they actually sold! I don't know if everyone is going to use if for a coffin. I know it was a legit coffin as far as specs go, but I think they also tried to push the beer cooler aspect or other novelty uses. Don't see why Star Wars could be any different.

Pretty original thinking using the Han/Carbonite aspect rather than just a standard coffin with graphics all over it.

I would be buried in it. Don't really care if anyone would think it was tacky or inappropriate.

Do you think you would be more susceptible to grave robbers?

LTBasker
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
No, because than you get shot into the Genesis planet, your marbles get downloaded into some one else, you get to beborn but do it with the not as hot replacement, you go back to 1986 on an estimate/guess, blah blah blah, altered time line by some one who doen't get it..so bad idea. All around.

But, you also get to point out that it's implied that you made it with Robin Curtis at some point. That seems pretty worthwhile, even now.

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Why would you want a depiction of Harrison Ford on your eternal resting place? Or is it supposed to be YOUR likeness trapped in carbonite?

Either way, it doesn't appeal to me, when the chips are down, as much of a fanboy as I am, it's not what my family will want to remember me by and it won't matter to me at that point because I'll be dead.

A buddy of mine was tasked by a friend of his to make a metal Boba Fett insignia for that friend's tombstone, and did. His family was ok with it, but the sun wrecked the red paint on the metal.

pbarnard
11-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Why would you want a depiction of Harrison Ford on your eternal resting place? Or is it supposed to be YOUR likeness trapped in carbonite?

My guess is that you can have it either way. This is America. And if you got the green, you get the likeness. :tired: