PDA

View Full Version : Rank the modern vehicles

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 05:16 AM
You know, we gripe about how many vehicles Hasbro doesn't do, and yet, check out this list below, it's pretty massive even if it did take 14 years to do it.

While you're at it, why not rank which ones are you favorites, or least favorites?

I'll list vehicles that have figure interaction or droids that are in the same scale. Repaints and minor retools won't be included in this list however, so judge it by which ever paint job you like best.

OT era vehicles: POTF2 - POTJ

X-wing Fighter
TIE Fighter
AT-ST
Landspeeder
Millennium Falcon
Snowspeeder
Imperial Speeder Bike
Desert Sport Skiff (deluxe Luke figure)
Boba Fett's Slave I
Outrider
Swoop bike
Cruisemissile Trooper
X-wing Fighter v2 (Power FX)
Concept Snowspeeder
Concept Cloud Car
Concept Speeder Bike
Vader's TIE Advanced
T-16 Skyhopper
A-wing Fighter
AT-AT
Tatooine Skiff
Y-wing Fighter
TIE Interceptor
B-wing Fighter
TIE Bomber

OT era vehicles: Saga - now

Imperial Shuttle
X-wing Fighter v3 (big X-wing based on Power FX, no electronics or other gimmicks, no dedicated figures)
Landspeeder v2 (all-new)
Swoop Bike v2 (Aurra Sing modification)
Tantive IV Escape Pod
Ewok attack glider
Millennium Falcon v2 (new cockpit, enhanced electronics)
Sandcrawler
Boba Fett's Slave I v2 (based on Jango Slave I, added weapons)
TIE Fighter v2 (big wings)
Snowspeeder v2 (movable air flaps, smaller rear gun)
Yavin Rebel pilot Transport
Millennium Falcon v3 (BMF)
A-wing Fighter v2 (retooled cockpit, altered engines)
B-wing Fighter v2 (retooled cockpit, replaceable guns)
TIE Interceptor v2 (new cockpit pod)
TIE Fighter v3 (new cockpit pod)
AT-ST v2 (all-new, Endor design)

PT era vehicles: Ep I - Clone Wars Micro Series

STAP
Droid Fighter (transforming, part of multipack with next)
Droid Fighter v2 (missile-firing, part of multipack with previous)
Naboo Fighter
Sith Speeder
Anakin's Podracer
Sebulba's Podracer
Queen's Royal Starship
AAT tank
Flash Speeder
Invasion Force Armored Scout Tank (mini AAT)
Invasion Force Gungan Scout Sub (mini Gungan Sub)
Invasion Force Sith Attack Speeder (giant Sith Probe Droid vehicle)
Anakin's Coruscant Speeder
Zam Wesell's Speeder
Jango Fett's Slave I
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter
Republic Gunship
Republic Speeder Bike
Count Dooku's Geonosian Speeder Bike
Anakin's Swoop Bike
Geonosian Starfighter
Hailfire Droid
Clone Wars Micro Series Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter
Republic Speeder Bike v2 (white, different front end, missile launcher)
Durge's Swoop Bike

PT era vehicles: ROTS - now

Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter
AT-RT
BARC Speeder
Droid Tri-Fighter
ARC-170
Grievous' Wheel Bike
Crab Droid
Wookiee Flyer
BARC Speeder v2 (deluxe Stass Allie, no ripcord action, removable parts)
Senate Pod
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter Hyperdrive Ring
V-wing Starfighter
Sith Infiltrator
AT-AP
General Grievous' Starfighter
The Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter
V-19 Torrent
Homing Spider Droid
AT-TE
Magnaguard Fighter
Republic Fighter Tank
Vulture Droid (larger version of Droid Fighter)
Clone Turbo Tank
BARC Speeder v3 (removed dedicated figure, removed ripcord from flywheel gimmick)
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Clone Wars Y-wing Bomber
Octuptarra Droid
Freeco Bike
Republic Gunship v2 (Clone Wars "Crumb Bomber")

Well, that's everything that's out now from the modern line that can be classified a Star Wars vehicle, including perhaps a few controversial entries. 98 vehicles total. 43 from the OT era. 55 from the prequel era. That's including EU like Shadows of the Empire, mini-rigs, concept art vehicles, and both Clone Wars series. It averages out to 7 vehicles a year, though movie years were boons while some lines had barely any vehicles at all. Just 4 vehicles had 3 versions, the X-wing, TIE Fighter, BARC Speeder, and Millennium Falcon; the Droid Fighter appears 3 times as well but 1 is essentially a different incarnation, the Speeder Bike also occurs 3 times but all 3 are different incarnations from different sources, while the Swoop Bike appears 4 times but with 3 different incarnations.

Breaking it down by vehicle mold's original source:
ANH - 17
ESB - 7
ROTJ - 10
TPM - 12
AOTC - 13
CWMS - 4
TCW - 4
ROTS - 18
EU - 13

So, which are your favorites?

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 09:24 AM
While you're at it, why not rank which ones are you favorites, or least favorites?

Like top 10? 20? Whatever you feel like and can count to? Little clearer guidance here.

DarkJedi5
11-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I was using the ranking system developed for the figure by figure thread and ranking all of them on a scale of 0-4. Needless to say it's taking a while....

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Hasn't the AT-ST shown up multiple times beyond what is listed (all the same mold), PotF2, The TRU exclusive, and the two Target UBPs? And one more on the skiff with the UBP as well.

DarkJedi5
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Hasn't the AT-ST shown up multiple times beyond what is listed (all the same mold), PotF2, The TRU exclusive, and the two Target UBPs? And one more on the skiff with the UBP as well.

But it hasn't changed is the point JT is making. Maybe slight paint differences but otherwise it's the same sculpt.

Here's the first half of my list:
0 - Not worth getting
1 - Not very good, but has some unique or redeeming value to it
2 - A decent ship, but could be or has been done better
3 - A very good ship that is a fine choice if you just want one of this character
4 - One of the better ships of all time

Swoop bike – 3 – Not a perfect sculpt but a good one and it’s still useable today.
Concept Snowspeeder – 3 – A pretty soft sculpt but a good representation of the concept art, kinda neat to have it to go with our concept figures.
Concept Cloud Car – 3 – A pretty soft sculpt but a good representation of the concept art, kinda neat to have it to go with our concept figures.
Concept Speeder Bike – 3 – A pretty soft sculpt but a good representation of the concept art, kinda neat to have it to go with our concept figures.
TIE Bomber – 3 – The only bomber we’ve got but there are still some issues with it, wouldn’t mind seeing it done anew.
T-16 Skyhopper – 3 – Not the best Star Wars vehicle ever made but one that is cool to have and never needs to be remade.
B-wing Fighter – 2 – Our only B-wing, still mostly the vintage mold and needs a touch up.
A-wing Fighter – 2 – Has been slightly redone but not completely redone so there’s some room for improvement.
Outrider – 2 – Not to scale, stupid action/transformer features but I doubt we’ll ever see another one.
Y-wing Fighter – 2 – A pretty clunky design that could use some upgrades (like a cockpit that seats two!) like an overall crisper sculpt.
Landspeeder – 2 – The only landspeeder I own, I know they have a newer one out there but I still think they could redo it and really nail this iconic vehicle.
Cruisemissile Trooper – 2 – There’s pretty much no reason why this was made (except for money) but it’s not a bad toy.
Tatooine Skiff – 1 – I’m not a fan of this one; it’s wobbly, too small and has silly gimmicks.
Vader's TIE Advanced – 1 – Gets a one because it’s the only one we’ve got but it needs to be resculpted.
AT-AT – 1 – This is one of my most wanted resculpts. Until then it’s all we’ve got.
Snowspeeder – 1 – Never cared for this one much, always felt it was too big. Can’t wait to see the new one we’ve been promised.
Imperial Speeder Bike – 1 – Must be resculpted.
X-wing Fighter v2 (Power FX) – 1 – Don’t own this but it’s not bad.
TIE Interceptor – 0 – While the new one is not a major improvement it still is remarkably better making this one not worth buying.
Boba Fett's Slave I – 0 – My only Slave I but I recognize it’s shortcomings (which are many) and really want a better version.
Millennium Falcon – 0 – Not a bad sculpt but there’s no question the BMF is light-years better.
X-wing Fighter – 0 – Never liked this one as a kid and it’s been redone to scale, no reason to buy this one.
TIE Fighter – 0 – Always hated the scale on this one and now that’s been fixed.
AT-ST – 0 – So it’s the ESB sculpt but it’s still pretty lame.
Desert Sport Skiff (deluxe Luke figure) – 0 – Why this was ever made is beyond me. The fact that this is being rereleased in the clone wars line is hilarious!

Millennium Falcon v3 (BMF) – 4 – Maybe the best vehicle ever built.
X-wing Fighter v3 (big X-wing based on Power FX, no electronics or other gimmicks, no dedicated figures) – 4 – I know they’ve modded the cockpit but it’s so small that there’s not much more detail to add.
Yavin Rebel pilot Transport – 4 – Nailed it on the first shot!
AT-ST v2 (all-new, Endor design) – 4 – Don’t own it yet but I’m getting two tomorrow, so help me God.
TIE Interceptor v2 (new cockpit pod) – 3 – Bought it and I love it but the wings are starting to show their age and it’s the only thing left to fix.
TIE Fighter v2.5 (new cockpit pod) – 3 – Since this is only available in the SOTE color scheme for now it’s a three. When the inevitable rerelease hits in a movie accurate color it will be a four.
TIE Fighter v2 (big wings) – 3 – Until the above-mentioned TIE is made this is my favorite one.
B-wing Fighter v2 (retooled cockpit, replaceable guns) – 3 – Almost exactly like the first vehicle, the removable guns are nice but I don’t use them and the updated cockpit is great but when you display it is completely over-looked.
A-wing Fighter v2 (retooled cockpit, altered engines) – 3 – I like the one we’ve got and I’m not sure how they’d improve it. Cockpit upgrades aren’t that important to me.
Landspeeder v2 (all-new) – 3 – Don’t own it but it looks good and I only passed because it was too expensive for me at the time. I would buy one on the secondary market but I have a hunch it will see the light of day at retail again soon.
Swoop Bike v2 (Aurra Sing modification) – 3 – It is what it is but doesn’t wow anyone.
Ewok attack glider – 3 – Hasbro has done a good job recreating a primitive glider, just not a super exciting vehicle.
Imperial Shuttle – 2 – It’s the shuttle and there’s been a lot of talk around her about this one lately. It’s not great and it shows its age but to get me to buy a new one would be a real feat for Hasbro.
Sandcrawler – 2 – Missed this one but not too sorry I did. I would love to see one done a little bigger but that’s a long shot.
Boba Fett's Slave I v2 (based on Jango Slave I, added weapons) – 2 – Skipped it because I never saw it but it looks good. Another at the top of my redo list so I’m hoping Hasbro takes another shot at it soon.
Tantive IV Escape Pod – 1 – Works for the background of the Dune Sea dio but the scale makes this terrible for anything in the foreground.
Snowspeeder v2 (movable air flaps, smaller rear gun) – 1 – Slight improvement over the original but still not good enough.
Millennium Falcon v2 (new cockpit, enhanced electronics) – 0 – Why would you buy this instead of the BMF?

El Chuxter
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Laugh all you want, but the Power FX X-Wing is the best for play value. Sure, Luke doesn't come out, but it rocks. (I don't have the Falcon, though, which looks like it could beat it.)

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Like top 10? 20? Whatever you feel like and can count to? Little clearer guidance here.This ain't a competition, do it however fits your style. I plan on ordering it only by tiers, not a full rank.

I was using the ranking system developed for the figure by figure thread and ranking all of them on a scale of 0-4. Needless to say it's taking a while....How funny, I missed out on the early part of that thread and since it took off, I have never jumped in because I didn't get in early enough. I didn't know it ranked 0-4, that's an odd system. I wouldn't be comfortable despite the fact I work pretty well with a 1-5 system, which is the same number of ranks.

But it hasn't changed is the point JT is making. Maybe slight paint differences but otherwise it's the same sculpt.DJ5 is exactly right, I mentioned this in the opening post, I wasn't going to bother listing minor changes like paint or small mold changes.

The only one that really might deserve to be added is the EU B-wing, but the only real change is the cockpit sculpt, the removable guns aren't new, just the removability is, so it's a really thin line between it and the 2nd A-wing. Maybe the A-wing should come off instead. I'll add the B-wing and let you guys decide how it is. Sorry for adding another one to the list after you reviewed them DJ5.

Laugh all you want, but the Power FX X-Wing is the best for play value. Sure, Luke doesn't come out, but it rocks. (I don't have the Falcon, though, which looks like it could beat it.)I put batteries in mine recently, and it's cute, but just playing out 1 sequence from the films, having no removable R2 or Luke, a gajillion stickers to put on, a removable handle and a spring-loaded missile, all the voices are sped up, and some of the sound clips have a tiny bit of music on them, it diminishes things a little. I do love the light-up engines though, that and the flyby are features Hasbro NEEDS to put back onto this mold.

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Ok, well with that the criteria I am going to use is that I'm told there's a kid and his make a wish wish is to get Star Wars stuff. I'd go a head and buy every kid the following 5 vehilces. In the technical sense, they'd be the pinnacle of Hasbro achievement (probably can't be improved any further), average (minimal expectations for release), and abysmal (don't ever put it out again or we'll bring the pitchforks).

Buy these, and the kid will have the desire to live forever!!!
The BMF. End of discussion.
The X-Wing v3. At least 2 different versions (and find the proper droids for the pilot!!!)
Vader's TIE Advanced. Probably the best of the PotF2 vehicles in holding up over time.
Republic Gunship. This will be the only prequal vehicle on the top 5. Even better now with the battle pack that is out (if I could find 2).
Snowspeeder v2. The Flaps, harpoon and the overall scale of this vehicle is the closest on the top 5 list.

Get these 5 if you're unsure about the kid. There are perfectly average vehicles. Nothing wrong with them, nothing outstanding.

TIE Bomber. Only improvements could be in bomb mechanism and cockpit.
A-Wing v1. THey improved the cockpit later on, but it isn't that big a deal.
Land Speeder/Zam's Air Speeder/Anakin's Air Speeder. These always are fine.
TIE Fighter v2/big wings. Extra injector seat, nice, but probably not needed.
Republic Fighter Tank. Captures the look of the EU games.

These mean you're trying to kill a sick kid.

PotF2 X-Wing. Seriously, its mold is as old as I am. I changed my shape from time to time the past 32 years.
Non-BMF Falcons. Why?!?!?
Sith Infiltrator. Probably not all that is small of Maul.
Speeder Bike (Aratech z94 Military Model). T-bar, sucks, handlebars and pedals all wrong.
Outrider.
Cruise Missile Trooper. Even if I read to them from the EU every day/chance I got, still not in any source, and it may still be in some isolated K-Mart someplace fulfilling the dreams and desires of Slicker and Chux. :yes:

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Here's some more data, albeit a little more subjective, a breakdown of vehicles by modern scale/pricepoint.

OT

Sub $15 size: 12
$20 size: 15
$30 - $50ish size: 11
large size: 5

PT

Sub $15 size: 22
$20 size: 23
$30 - $50 size: 6
large size: 3

The X-wing, TIE Fighter, and AT-ST (and Droid Fighter, sorta) are the only vehicles to cross from one size to another, not counting the Concept Snowspeeder. Technically, the Falcon should be another crossover into the "$50ish" size, but when it was $50, that was pretty much the top end and there was a $30 pricepoint, which now has been changed. And I'm just not counting the Power FX X-wing as a large size simply because it was stupid-pricey.

And here's a breakdown of molds' premieres by line ("ms" means Clone Wars Micro Series, "cgi" means The Clone Wars cgi show. "eu" refers to anything not in the movies or in either Clone Wars, including original designs and concept art-derived designs):

POTF2: 19 (8x ANH, 3x ESB, 3x ROTJ, 5x eu)
SOTE: 3 (1x ESB, 2x eu)
TPM: 13 (11x TPM, 2x eu)
POTJ: 3 (1x ESB, 2x ROTJ)
SAGA: 16 (3x ANH, 1x ESB, 2x ROTJ, 8x AOTC, 1x ms, 1x eu)
CWms: 5 (2x AOTC, 2x ms, 1x eu)
OTC: 2 (2x ANH)
ROTS: 8 (8x ROTS)
TSC: 3 (1x ANH, 1x ESB, 1x ROTS)
TAC: 5 (1x TPM, 1x AOTC, 3x ROTS)
CWcgi: 14 (1x TPM, 2x AOTC, 5x ROTS, 1x ms, 4x cgi, 1x eu)
TLC: 7 (3x ANH, 4x ROTJ)

Tycho
11-13-2009, 03:39 PM
I like these:

X-wing Fighter
TIE Fighter
AT-ST
Landspeeder
Millennium Falcon
Snowspeeder
Imperial Speeder Bike
Boba Fett's Slave I
Outrider
Swoop bike
Concept Snowspeeder
Concept Cloud Car
Vader's TIE Advanced
T-16 Skyhopper
A-wing Fighter
AT-AT
Tatooine Skiff
Y-wing Fighter
TIE Interceptor
B-wing Fighter
TIE Bomber

Imperial Shuttle
Landspeeder v2 (all-new)
Swoop Bike v2 (Aurra Sing modification)
Ewok attack glider
Sandcrawler

STAP
Droid Fighter v2 (missile-firing, part of multipack with previous)
Naboo Fighter
Sith Speeder
Anakin's Podracer
Sebulba's Podracer
Queen's Royal Starship
AAT tank
Flash Speeder
Zam Wesell's Speeder
Jango Fett's Slave I
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter
Republic Gunship
Anakin's Swoop Bike
Geonosian Starfighter
Hailfire Droid

Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter
AT-RT
Droid Tri-Fighter
ARC-170
Grievous' Wheel Bike
Crab Droid
Wookiee Flyer
V-wing Starfighter
AT-AP
V-19 Torrent
Homing Spider Droid
AT-TE
Magnaguard Fighter
Republic Fighter Tank
Clone Turbo Tank
Clone Wars Y-wing Bomber
Octuptarra Droid

This is actually NOT a list of everything. It just looks like it.

I am hungry now. I wish I could eat these.

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, well with that the criteria I am going to use is that I'm told there's a kid and his make a wish wish is to get Star Wars stuff. I'd go a head and buy every kid the following 5 vehilces. In the technical sense, they'd be the pinnacle of Hasbro achievement (probably can't be improved any further), average (minimal expectations for release), and abysmal (don't ever put it out again or we'll bring the pitchforks).

Buy these, and the kid will have the desire to live forever!!!
The BMF. End of discussion.
The X-Wing v3. At least 2 different versions (and find the proper droids for the pilot!!!)
Vader's TIE Advanced. Probably the best of the PotF2 vehicles in holding up over time.
Republic Gunship. This will be the only prequal vehicle on the top 5. Even better now with the battle pack that is out (if I could find 2).
Snowspeeder v2. The Flaps, harpoon and the overall scale of this vehicle is the closest on the top 5 list.

Get these 5 if you're unsure about the kid. There are perfectly average vehicles. Nothing wrong with them, nothing outstanding.

TIE Bomber. Only improvements could be in bomb mechanism and cockpit.
A-Wing v1. THey improved the cockpit later on, but it isn't that big a deal.
Land Speeder/Zam's Air Speeder/Anakin's Air Speeder. These always are fine.
TIE Fighter v2/big wings. Extra injector seat, nice, but probably not needed.
Republic Fighter Tank. Captures the look of the EU games.

These mean you're trying to kill a sick kid.

PotF2 X-Wing. Seriously, its mold is as old as I am. I changed my shape from time to time the past 32 years.
Non-BMF Falcons. Why?!?!?
Sith Infiltrator. Probably not all that is small of Maul.
Speeder Bike (Aratech z94 Military Model). T-bar, sucks, handlebars and pedals all wrong.
Outrider.
Cruise Missile Trooper. Even if I read to them from the EU every day/chance I got, still not in any source, and it may still be in some isolated K-Mart someplace fulfilling the dreams and desires of Slicker and Chux. :yes:Interesting way of applying the concept, and I approve although I do think you're grossly underestimating the fun value on the Cruisemissile Trooper (and not from a Chux meme way), as well as the $20 X-wing which I actually asked Hasbro to re-release in a Q&A recently.

I just got the Sith Infiltrator out again to give it another chance, and man is it still lame. The 2 features that are closest to likable are still a flop, the pop-open wings go beyond the movie-accurate stop point, and the nose opens but doesn't lock open.

pbarnard
11-13-2009, 03:57 PM
You mean the Cruisemissile Trooper maybe at more than just 1 K-Mart, possibly a TRU, as well?

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
I've added BARC Speeder v3 to the list, the one that comes with the Turbo Tank, bringing us to 98. It's different in that the figure is removable and the ripcord gimmick has been removed from the flywheel.

You mean the Cruisemissile Trooper maybe at more than just 1 K-Mart, possibly a TRU, as well?
Ouch. :p It's not the only made-up one, there's the Desert Sport Skiff, the Invasion Force trio, and the Republic Speeder Bike v2, but that's not really helping my point, I suppose.

- -

Here's my rankings, I'm doing it in a tiered system but not weighted within tier:

Tier 1 (awesome!)

Snowspeeder v2
Millennium Falcon v3
AT-ST v2
TIE Fighter v3
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter
Republic Speeder Bike
Anakin's Swoop Bike
Clone Wars Y-wing

Tier 2 (very cool)

X-wing v1
Snowspeeder v1 (love the sounds)
Swoop Bike
A-wing Fighter (would probably put v2 in tier 1 I had seen one)
X-wing v2 (Power FX)
Tatooine Skiff
TIE Interceptor (would put v2 here if it wasn't so damned expensive)
B-wing Fighter
TIE Bomber
Imperial Shuttle
X-wing v3 (almost made tier 1)
TIE Fighter v2 (big wings but old cockpit)
Millennium Falcon v2 (love those electronics and the engine blast)
Naboo Fighter (almost made tier 1)
Sith Speeder
AAT Tank (almost dropped to v3 due to removable front section)
Anakin's Coruscant Speeder (really should be tier 3 but I have a soft spot for it)
Jango's Slave I
Republic Gunship (almost made tier 1)
Hailfire Droid (almost made tier 1, but the wheels not tilting and sticking sometimes, as well as easily-lost missiles, held it back)
Durge's Swoop Bike
Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter
V-wing (this one almost went in tier 1)
General Grievous' Starfighter (this one almost went in tier 1)
Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter
Homing Spider Droid
AT-TE
Republic Fighter Tank
Vulture Droid (this almost made tier 1)

Tier 3 (decent, not outstanding)

Landspeeder v1 (perhaps swayed by nostalgia)
Millennium Falcon v1
Imperial Speeder Bike (this mold needs replacing, it has lost a step)
Boba Fett's Slave I
Cruisemissile Trooper (it's more fun than you think)
Concept Snowspeeder
Vader's TIE Advanced
T-16 Skyhopper
AT-AT
Y-wing
Tantive IV Escape Pod
Ewok Attack Glider (would have made tier 2, but parts come off too easily)
STAP (almost made tier 2, but foot placement gimmick and loose controls makes it not good for figures)
Droid Fighter v2
Sebulba's Podracer
Queen's Royal Starship (almost made tier 2, but too many loose parts and not enough play space)
Invasion Force Sith Attack Speeder (if the concept wasn't so dopey, it'd be tier 2, it's kinda fun)
Zam's Speeder (should be tier 4 due to botched execution, but I kind of like what it's trying to do)
Dooku's Speeder Bike (barely made this tier, so boring)
Geonosian Fighter (nearly made tier 2 until I remembered how disappointing the floppy twin nose situation is)
CW Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter
AT-RT
Droid Tri-Fighter (almost made tier 2, but screw holes and a need for a little more fit & finish held it back)
ARC-170
Grievous' Wheel Bike (almost dropped to tier 4, but kind of a fun concept)
Wookiee Flyer
BARC Speeder v2 (if it had the sharp sculpt of version 1, it'd be a higher score)
AT-AP
Magnaguard Fighter

Tier 4 (weak)

TIE Fighter v1
AT-ST v1
Concept Cloud Car
Concept Speeder Bike
Sandcrawler
Droid Fighter v1 (almost made tier 3, but crappy transformation and wings that don't line up easily held it back)
Anakin's Podracer (almost made tier 3, but lacks the fun of the other, big handle holds it back too)
Flash Speeder (almost dropped to tier 5 due to lack of fit & finish)
Crab Droid
V-19 Torrent (almost made tier 3, but lacks fit & finish)
Freeco Bike

Tier 5 (downright bad)

Desert Sport Skiff
Outrider (disappointing execution)
Invastion Force Armord Scout Tank
Invasion Force Gungan Scout Sub
Sith Infiltrator

Unranked (don't have enough experience with these items to have opinion, but I'll guess what they could be)

Landspeeder v2 (probably would be tier 2)
Boba Fett's Slave I v2 (ditto)
A-wing v2 (probably tier 1)
Yavin Rebel pilot Transport (probably tier 2)
B-wing v2 (probably tier 2)
Swoop Bike v2 (Aurra Sing's bike) (maybe tier 3)
TIE Interceptor v2 (probably tier 2, maybe tier 1)
Republic Speeder Bike v2 (tier 3 at best)
BARC Speeder v1 (tier 4 at best)
Senate Pod (probably tier 3)
Clone Turbo Tank (probably tier 3, maybe 2 on a good day)
BARC Speeder v3 (maybe tier 3 since the figure is removable)
Octuptarra Droid (likely tier 2)
Republic Gunship v2 (maybe tier 1, but more likely tier 2)

Based on my rankings, 9 vehicles are ones I'd call outstanding, 30 more would be very good, 29 would be only fair, 11 would be sub-par, 5 would be outright failures, and I haven't experienced 14 of these vehicles enough to have a solid opinion on them. So, 40% of the line is very good or better, I'd say. That's a good run.

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Here's my tiered rankings broken down by line, a blank entry means no ships from that line in that tier.

Breaking it down by line:

Tier 1

POTF2:
SOTE:
TPM:
POTJ:
SAGA: 3 (AOTC)
CWms:
OTC:
ROTS:
TSC: 1 (ESB)
TAC:
CWcgi: 2 (1x cgi, 1x ROTS)
TLC: 3 (2x ANH, 1x ROTJ)

Tier 2

POTF2: 5 (2x ANH, 1x ESB, 2x ROTJ)
SOTE: 1 (eu)
TPM: 3 (TPM)
POTJ: 3 (1x ESB, 2x ROTJ)
SAGA: 5 (1x ANH, 1x ROTJ, 3x AOTC)
CWms: 2 (1x AOTC, 1x ms)
OTC: 1 (ANH)
ROTS: 1 (ROTS)
TSC: 1 (ANH)
TAC: 3 (1x AOTC, 2x ROTS)
CWcgi: 5 (1x TPM, 2x AOTC, 1x cgi, 1x eu)
TLC:

Tier 3

POTF2: 9 (5x ANH, 1x ESB, 1x ROTJ, 2x eu)
SOTE: 1 (ESB)
TPM: 5 (TPM)
POTJ:
SAGA: 4 (1x ANH, 1x ROTJ, 2x AOTC)
CWms: 2 (1x AOTC, 1x ms)
OTC:
ROTS: 6 (ROTS)
TSC:
TAC: 1 (ROTS)
CWcgi: 1 (ROTS)
TLC:

Tier 4

POTF2: 4 (1x ANH, 1x ESB, 2x eu)
SOTE:
TPM: 3 (TPM)
POTJ:
SAGA: 1 (1x ms)
CWms:
OTC: 1 (ANH)
ROTS:
TSC:
TAC:
CWcgi: 2 (1x ms, 1x cgi)
TLC:

Tier 5

POTF2: 1 (eu)
SOTE: 1 (eu)
TPM: 2 (eu)
POTJ:
SAGA:
CWms:
OTC:
ROTS:
TSC:
TAC: 1 (TPM)
CWcgi:
TLC:

Unranked

POTF2:
SOTE:
TPM:
POTJ:
SAGA: 3 (1x ANH, 1x ESB, 1x eu)
CWms: 1 (eu)
OTC:
ROTS: 1 (ROTS)
TSC: 1 (ROTS)
TAC:
CWcgi: 4 (3x ROTS, 1x cgi)
TLC: 4 (1x ANH, 3x ROTJ)

Apparently, in terms of how much of the line I liked, Saga and Clone Wars CGI are tied at half their entries being positive ratings.

And in terms of positive ratings, I apparently felt Hasbro delivered on AOTC best with 10 vehicles, followed by ANH with 7, then ROTJ with 6, TPM and ROTS tied at 4 each, ESB at 3, Clone Wars CGI and EU tied at 2 each, and finally Clone Wars Micro Series at just 1 positive. Weird! I never would have guessed AOTC-based vehicles were delivered upon the most competently.

The most of what I passed up was ROTS at 5 entries, followed by ROTJ with 3, then ANH and the EU at 2 each.

JediTricks
11-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Here are a few adjustments for you sticklers and purists (and for early-adopters, I updated post #9 with a little more info as well).

Vehicles that were originally in some way Kenner vintage tools:

X-wing Fighter
TIE Fighter
AT-ST
Landspeeder
Millennium Falcon
Snowspeeder
Imperial Speeder Bike
Boba Fett's Slave I
A-wing Fighter
AT-AT
Tatooine Skiff
Y-wing Fighter
TIE Interceptor
B-wing Fighter
Imperial Shuttle
Millennium Falcon v2 (new cockpit, enhanced electronics)
Sandcrawler
TIE Fighter v2 (big wings)
Snowspeeder v2 (movable air flaps, smaller rear gun)
A-wing Fighter v2 (retooled cockpit, altered engines)
B-wing Fighter v2 (retooled cockpit, replaceable guns)
TIE Interceptor v2 (new cockpit pod)

That last one is the dicey, since the wings are POTJ retools of the original Kenner molds, and that's all that's old tooling.

Half of them were POTF2 releases, 1 was in SOTE, 2 were in POTJ, 1 was in Saga, 2 were in OTC (and were both its premieres), 2 were TSC, and 3 are in TLC now.

- -

The full list of modern release of only new tools, no mere partial remolds:

X-wing Fighter
TIE Fighter
AT-ST
Landspeeder
Millennium Falcon
Snowspeeder
Imperial Speeder Bike
Desert Sport Skiff (deluxe Luke figure)
Boba Fett's Slave I
Outrider
Swoop bike
Cruisemissile Trooper
X-wing Fighter v2 (Power FX)
Concept Snowspeeder
Concept Cloud Car
Concept Speeder Bike
Vader's TIE Advanced
T-16 Skyhopper
A-wing Fighter
AT-AT
Tatooine Skiff
Y-wing Fighter
TIE Interceptor
B-wing Fighter
TIE Bomber

Imperial Shuttle
Landspeeder v2 (all-new)
Tantive IV Escape Pod
Ewok attack glider
Sandcrawler
TIE Fighter v3 (new cockpit pod)
AT-ST v2 (all-new, Endor design)

STAP
Naboo Fighter
Sith Speeder
Anakin's Podracer
Sebulba's Podracer
Queen's Royal Starship
AAT tank
Flash Speeder
Invasion Force Armored Scout Tank (mini AAT)
Invasion Force Gungan Scout Sub (mini Gungan Sub)
Invasion Force Sith Attack Speeder (giant Sith Probe Droid vehicle)
Zam Wesell's Speeder
Jango Fett's Slave I
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter
Republic Gunship
Republic Speeder Bike
Anakin's Swoop Bike
Geonosian Starfighter
Hailfire Droid
Clone Wars Micro Series Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter
Durge's Swoop Bike

Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter
AT-RT
BARC Speeder
Droid Tri-Fighter
ARC-170
Grievous' Wheel Bike
Crab Droid
Wookiee Flyer
BARC Speeder v2 (deluxe Stass Allie, no ripcord action, removable parts)
Senate Pod
V-wing Starfighter
Sith Infiltrator
AT-AP
The Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter
V-19 Torrent
Homing Spider Droid
AT-TE
Magnaguard Fighter
Republic Fighter Tank
Clone Turbo Tank
Clone Wars Y-wing Bomber
Octuptarra Droid
Freeco Bike

The "OT Saga - now" era gets halved down to 9 in this new list, while each PT era only loses 2 each. That means there have only been 13 remolds in the line, less than 1 per year on average. Of course, that doesn't count repaints, which would jump the number much higher.

That leaves 85 all new tools averaging 6.1 per year, or 77 if you don't count the Kenner re-releases which would be an average of 5.5 per year.

El Chuxter
11-13-2009, 08:59 PM
A Chux meme? Are you misunderestimating mabs?

JediTricks
11-14-2009, 05:07 AM
A Chux meme? Are you misunderestimating mabs?
In answer to that question: no?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2009, 05:42 PM
How funny, I missed out on the early part of that thread and since it took off, I have never jumped in because I didn't get in early enough. I didn't know it ranked 0-4, that's an odd system. I wouldn't be comfortable despite the fact I work pretty well with a 1-5 system, which is the same number of ranks.You can still jump into that thread at any time. You can go back and rank what we've already covered, or just start with whatever we are currently on.

Most of my vehicles aren't open, so kind of hard for me to rate them very accurately. I also haven't been quite as much of a completist with vehicles either, especially now that I am running out of space. These are the vehicles that I have open.

A-Wing (POTF2)
Imperial Speeder Bike with Biker Scout (POTF2)
Queen's Royal Starship (Episode I)
Jango Fett's Slave I (Saga)
Command Gunship (CW)
Millennium Falcon (OTC)
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (ROTS Preview)
ARC-170 (ROTS)
Droid Tri-Fighter (ROTS)
Grievous' Wheel Bike (ROTS)
Imperial Shuttle (TSC)
AT-TE (TLC)

I also have the vintage X-Wing and TIE Fighter in a box somewhere. I have the Collector's Fleet Star Destroyer open, but that doesn't seem to be on your list as it is a different scale of vehicle I suppose.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-14-2009, 06:01 PM
How about we just say:

10. Cruise Missle Trooper
9. Cruise Missle Trooper
8. Cruise Missle Trooper
7. Cruise Missle Trooper
6. Cruise Missle Trooper
5. Cruise Missle Trooper
4. Cruise Missle Trooper
3. Cruise Missle Trooper
2. Cruise Missle Trooper
1. Cruise Missle Trooper

No argument there, right? :rolleyes:

I like the T-16 Skyhopper, B-Wing, Luke/Dack Snowspeeder, Y-Wing, and perhaps others I don't remember now.

Old Fossil
11-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I'll just list my top ten favorites:

1. BMF
2. Saga Landspeeder
3. TIE Bomber
4. POTF2 F/X X-Wing
5. Y-Wing Fighter (last release, w/pilot and droid)
6. Vader's TIE
7. Jango Fett's Slave 1
8. Obi-Wan's Starfighter (ROTS, maroon)
9. POTF2 Electronic Snowspeeder
10. Imperial Shuttle

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 12:17 AM
You can still jump into that thread at any time. You can go back and rank what we've already covered, or just start with whatever we are currently on.

Most of my vehicles aren't open, so kind of hard for me to rate them very accurately. I also haven't been quite as much of a completist with vehicles either, especially now that I am running out of space. These are the vehicles that I have open.

A-Wing (POTF2)
Imperial Speeder Bike with Biker Scout (POTF2)
Queen's Royal Starship (Episode I)
Jango Fett's Slave I (Saga)
Command Gunship (CW)
Millennium Falcon (OTC)
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (ROTS Preview)
ARC-170 (ROTS)
Droid Tri-Fighter (ROTS)
Grievous' Wheel Bike (ROTS)
Imperial Shuttle (TSC)
AT-TE (TLC)

I also have the vintage X-Wing and TIE Fighter in a box somewhere. I have the Collector's Fleet Star Destroyer open, but that doesn't seem to be on your list as it is a different scale of vehicle I suppose.It's got to be hundreds of figures in by now, right? I would feel compelled to rank all the previous figures, which would be insane. :p

Is that an ordered list?

As for Collector's Fleet, it's not a figure-oriented line so it goes in the mental vault with Action Fleet and SWTF (the genetic freak of that family).

How about we just say:

10. Cruise Missle Trooper
9. Cruise Missle Trooper
8. Cruise Missle Trooper
7. Cruise Missle Trooper
6. Cruise Missle Trooper
5. Cruise Missle Trooper
4. Cruise Missle Trooper
3. Cruise Missle Trooper
2. Cruise Missle Trooper
1. Cruise Missle Trooper

No argument there, right? :rolleyes:

I like the T-16 Skyhopper, B-Wing, Luke/Dack Snowspeeder, Y-Wing, and perhaps others I don't remember now.What about the "Cruisemissile" Trooper though?

Why the Luke/Dack Snowspeeder and not the original or the Zev version?

Not a lot of love for the T-16, glad to see someone digs it. I almost put it on my tier 2 list, but the wing stops were made of too soft a material and all got ruined shortly after purchase.

I'll just list my top ten favorites:

1. BMF
2. Saga Landspeeder
3. TIE Bomber
4. POTF2 F/X X-Wing
5. Y-Wing Fighter (last release, w/pilot and droid)
6. Vader's TIE
7. Jango Fett's Slave 1
8. Obi-Wan's Starfighter (ROTS, maroon)
9. POTF2 Electronic Snowspeeder
10. Imperial ShuttleDayum, there is a lot more love for the Power FX X-wing than I could have imagined.

I have got to get that Saga Landspeeder.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-15-2009, 12:29 AM
It's got to be hundreds of figures in by now, right? I would feel compelled to rank all the previous figures, which would be insane. :pYeah, when you add up the total number of figures, we've covered quite a bit since it is character by character. However, we are less than half way through POTF2, so lots to cover yet.

Is that an ordered list?No, that is just the list of what I have open. I'll ponder my rankings for a bit.

bigbarada
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm just going to do an all-time top 10 vehicles.

1. Legacy BMF - almost 31 years in the making and it really does live up to it's hype.
2. Legacy AT-ST
3. Legacy Green Leader A-Wing Fighter
4. Legacy TIE Interceptor
5. AT-TE
6. Homing Spider Droid
7. POTF TIE Bomber
8. AT-AP
9. Octuparra Droid
10. Hailfire Droid

I'm waiting for an OT release of the latest iteration of the TIE Fighter before it makes it into the top ten.

IG 8D8
11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
1. bmf
2. new rep. gunship
3. AT-AE
4. vintage Falcon
5. AT-AT (vintage)
6. Slave 1 (vintage)
7. B-Wing (vintage)
8. ROTS jedi starfighter
9. Obi Wan starfighter w/hyperspace ring
10. (tie) Vader's Tie and Tie Intercepter

a few underrated: Twin Pod Cloud Car, Imp. Troop Transport, Cap-2 mini rig, homing spider droid, grievous starfighter

I listed vintage ships since I don't have a lot of updated versions
Also don't have some of the newer ones - Turbo Tank, droid fighter, magnaguard fighter, large x wing and tie fighter, etc.

Snowtrooper
11-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm going to list my top 40:

1. BMF
2. TIE Bomber (TAC)
3. AT-TE
4. Turbo Tank
5. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
6. AT-ST (Legacy)
7. AT-AP
8. AT-AT (POTF2)
9. CW Y-Wing Bomber
10. Tie Fighter (new pod)
11. Octuparra Droid
12. Imperial Shuttle
13. DV's Tie Fighter (TAC)
14. B-Wing
15. Landspeeder v3
16. Greivous's Starfighter
17. Boba Fett's Slave 1 (based on Jango's)
18. Y-Wing (TAC)
19. A-Wing (new cockpit)
20. Sandcrawler
21. Snowspeeder (TAC)
22. X-Wing (TAC)
23. Republic Gunship (SAGA)
24. V-Wing Fighter
25. ARC 170
26. Naboo Fighter
27. Skiff
28. Slave 1 (Jango)
29. MF v2.
30. TIE Interceptor
31. Homing Spider Droid
32. AAT Christophis
33. Yavin Rebel Pilot Transport
34. Queens Royal Starship
35. Freeco Speeder
36. Republic Fighter Tank
37. Imperial Speeder Bike
38. Sith Speeder
39. T-16 Skyhopper
40. EIII Jedi Starfighter.

OT: 21 PT: 19

-Looks like I'm pretty even on OT/PT preference. I tend to like the larger vehicles over the smaller ones and I also like newer vehicles over older ones. No real surprise, I guess.