PDA

View Full Version : Spiker and Big Gizz as comic packs?

Gothiczartan
11-19-2009, 01:07 AM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spiker

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gizman

when i was looking up the star wars comic books in expanded universe.

I check out the character and i thought he would make a great star wars action figure maybe as a comic book pack with another character Gizman.

has anyone seen these star wars characters before?

pbarnard
11-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Rather have a character that makes it beyond one book, isn't a throw away underling, etc. Wait, that's Boba Fett, Zam Wessel, Darth Maul, and RotS Dooku and Grievous.

Get out of the mid 90s series, step into the prequal stuff, OT titles that came out the same time, and beyond that have developed characters who last more than 2 or 3 pannels in the comics.

Gothiczartan
11-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Rather have a character that makes it beyond one book, isn't a throw away underling, etc. Wait, that's Boba Fett, Zam Wessel, Darth Maul, and RotS Dooku and Grievous.

Get out of the mid 90s series, step into the prequal stuff, OT titles that came out the same time, and beyond that have developed characters who last more than 2 or 3 pannels in the comics.

ok as soon as they keep on making figures based on movies next the expanded universe.

they got to make figures from all six films and more focus then the expanded universe characters.

pbarnard
11-19-2009, 01:33 AM
ok as soon as they keep on making figures based on movies next the expanded universe.

they got to make figures from all six films and more focus then the expanded universe characters.

HUH??? Do you mean make movie figs before EU ones?

Sure, but I'm saying if you make EU figs make it from characters that have impact/staying power and aren't throw away SW equivalent of Star Trek Red Shirts.

Slicker
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM

You forgot Aurra Sing...it's pretty bad when you barely make it into a few frames of a movie and you get your own comic books...

DarkJedi5
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Doesn't matter much anyway, comic packs are now dead. We'll be lucky to see everything they showed us at Comic Con.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I think my life can be complete without a Big Jizz Gizz action figure.

gba88
11-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I think my life can be complete without a Big Jizz Gizz action figure.

LOL ...yeah, for sure! Gee, I have an idea...how about an r2d2 and c3p0 comic pack? Better yet...just take any 2 random saga legends figures that have been (and will be) shipping ad infinitum. Then, slap some old crappy comic from the 80's in it. </sarcasm>

Slicker
11-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I also love how they had a run in with Boba Fett!!! That's soooo kool! lolz! :rolleyes:

I also like how they introduce a character with a unique species (Thrawn or even Yoda) then all of a sudden all of these characters just turn up being that same species and totally throw all of the uniquness out the window.

The only story these guys have that I'll listen to is that they chased Luke into Beggars Canyon in SOTE and got there arses handed to 'em by Luke and Dash. Period.

mabudonicus
11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Anything I have to say here would be inappropriate
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
man oh man I could write a novels-worth of responses here, what a shame

pbarnard
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
The only story these guys have that I'll listen to is that they chased Luke into Beggars Canyon in SOTE and got there arses handed to 'em by Luke and Dash. Period.

And anyone who got beat by Dash Rendar definitely doesn't deserve a fig:yes:

2-1B
11-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Who writes this nonsense for Star Wars Wiki?

There's a lot better fan fic out there than what I read about Spiker and Big Gizz.

Slicker
11-21-2009, 06:46 AM
There's a lot better fan fic out there than what I read about Spiker and Big Gizz.For Real. Almost Sad Seeing Karp.

Obsession is Nute
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spiker

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gizman

when i was looking up the star wars comic books in expanded universe.

I check out the character and i thought he would make a great star wars action figure maybe as a comic book pack with another character Gizman.

has anyone seen these star wars characters before?

I would buy them too, loved SOTE. However, I want to see Guri first. She should have been packaged with Xizor instead of cankles Leia.

Tycho
11-23-2009, 12:46 AM
I actually want Spiker and Big Gizz figures and hopefully even custom swoop bikes for them.

I wanted a SOTE line to really be fleshed out. Jix should make the cut as well as Koth Melan and more.

I think it was the Marvel stuff that hurt the comic 2-pack line myself. But maybe I was just annoyed to see that because I was never interested in buying the Marvel stuff.

It made the line look like junk.

The all-new comic 2 packs with figures like A'Sharad Hett and The Dark Woman, or Thrawn and Karrde rocked.

There were plenty of EU versions of Han, Leia, and Luke to keep recognizeable "main characters" in the line.

Spiker and Bigg Gizz would ideally be packaged together, but I could see them separated, one coming with a tan vest Luke Jedi for one.

Obsession is Nute
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Tychom I am glad to hear I am not the only one that had zero interest in the Marvel line. Actually...it is not that I have anything against the marvel comics, however, I don't like the paint apps that reflect comic styling, they just look wierd. I am pretty excited for Black Hole (wish he was larger and more menacing though).

Thrawn and Xizor were awesome (both remakes I wanted very, very badly), but they have been clogging pegs in my area for most of the year. I am just worried we will be seeing the last of the comic packs in 2010. They just are not selling in my area anymore.

Tycho
11-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Hasbro confirmed in the Q&A that the comic 2-pack format has been forced to retire.

The last wave will ship in the spring with Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun (fortunately) and Tholme and Tra'Saa. While I'll buy both, the latter set was really a poor choice for a struggling line. I'd want those figures, but further down the line.

Dash Rendar with Leebo would've sold better.

Luke Tan Vest with Guri....

The Noghri and Ralwraa (which was planned but now presumably lost)

Joruus C'Boath and Clone Luuke

Wedge Antilles (street clothes) and Loka Hask

Princess Leia (Jedi Apprentice) and Kahbarakh (Nogri)

Captain / Admiral Palleon and Rukh (Noghri)

Kyp Durron and Jedi Master Luke

I can obviously go on.

By the way: all these choices would sell much better than Spiker and Big Gizz, though they are cool-looking (especially Spiker) and would make good figures in my opinion.

Obsession is Nute
11-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Hasbro confirmed in the Q&A that the comic 2-pack format has been forced to retire.

The last wave will ship in the spring with Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun (fortunately) and Tholme and Tra'Saa. While I'll buy both, the latter set was really a poor choice for a struggling line. I'd want those figures, but further down the line.

Dash Rendar with Leebo would've sold better.

Luke Tan Vest with Guri....

The Noghri and Ralwraa (which was planned but now presumably lost)

Joruus C'Boath and Clone Luuke

Wedge Antilles (street clothes) and Loka Hask

Princess Leia (Jedi Apprentice) and Kahbarakh (Nogri)

Captain / Admiral Palleon and Rukh (Noghri)

Kyp Durron and Jedi Master Luke

I can obviously go on.

By the way: all these choices would sell much better than Spiker and Big Gizz, though they are cool-looking (especially Spiker) and would make good figures in my opinion.

OMG! I totally missed that! I figured it would have been bigger news. I am deeply saddened by this, but not suprised. First Titanium, now the Comic two-packs. Pretty much all I have left is the Legacy Collection or whatever it gets replaced with and perhaps a few vehicles.

Can someone show a quick list of which comic packs are going to be released and which ones are not? I really want General Mohc and Blackhole, but with my luck, they will be lost.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Can someone show a quick list of which comic packs are going to be released and which ones are not? I really want General Mohc and Blackhole, but with my luck, they will be lost.
These are the ones they are apparently hoping to still release:
*Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma
*Tholme and T'ra Saa
*Stormtrooper and Blackhole Hologram
*Kashyyyk Scout Trooper and Clone Trooper
*Commander Cody's Lieutenant and Clone Trooper
*Dllr Nep and Plourr Ilo (Walmart Exclusive)
*IG-97 and Rom Mohc (Walmart Exclusive)
*Storm Commando and General Weir (Walmart Exclusive)
*Deliah Blue and Darth Nihl
*Jarael and Rohlan Dyre

But I'm pretty sure they said most (or all) of them won't be coming out until next Spring. They also confirmed that the Camie and Fixer pack will be a convention exclusive next summer, and that the Ralraa and Noghri pack has a fate yet to be decided. Dunno about that cyborg Darth Maul set, but I think it too will be a convention exclusive.

I keep seeing the news ones shipping, so I guess that's good. The Kyle Katarn/Yuuzhan Vong one still seems to be the hardest to find, though. It's odd that I've had mine for quite a long time, but I haven't seen the Katarn pack since.

Tycho
11-24-2009, 01:52 AM
I ordered 10 Kyle / Vongs off Hasbro Toy Shop and received them all.

However, probably 7-8 of my Kyles are up for grabs if you guys want to PM me and make arrangements for them.

I wanted to Army-Build the Yuuzhan Vong (up to 15 originally - but they're so big that won't be necessary, probably).

I also heard Wal-Mart dropped their exclusive comic packs beyond the current wave (Amanim / Suber, Rogue Squadron 1, Ewoks).

I would have wanted Jarael and Rohlan, Blue and Nihl, Dllr and Plourr, and especially the Noghri and Ralwrra.

El Chuxter
11-24-2009, 02:15 AM
I found a Kyle set this weekend when visiting my parents. Since finding it, I've seen the Darth "I used to be the awesome A'Sharad Hett until some severely brain-damaged writer decided it'd be kewl if I was a Sith Lord in Yuuzhan Vong vondun armor" Krayt Dragon Poop set about thirty times, because people know it's stupider than wearing a black jumpsuit and playing in traffic at midnight.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2009, 02:08 PM
I also heard Wal-Mart dropped their exclusive comic packs beyond the current wave (Amanim / Suber, Rogue Squadron 1, Ewoks).
No, I'm relatively sure those are still coming. They're appearing loose on eBay, which is usually an indication that they will be out soon. It's hard to know for sure, though, since I definitely wouldn't call the Amanin wave "current" as it came out in March (eight months ago) but I think the wording in Hasbro's Q&A makes it unclear.