PDA

View Full Version : Target Battle Packs

WesleySr
11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Is anyone else as aggrevated/disappointed over the new Target Battle Packs?

Ambush at Abregado
Assault on Ryloth

Both are composed of 2 new clone troopers (which are really cool) but then 2 older figures that I (and I suspect almost everyone else) already has.

DarkArtist
11-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Is anyone else as aggrevated/disappointed over the new Target Battle Packs?

Ambush at Abregado
Assault on Ryloth

Both are composed of 2 new clone troopers (which are really cool) but then 2 older figures that I (and I suspect almost everyone else) already has.

it does bother me that Hasbro keeps giving us the same figures over and over again with the battlepacks but they have to or the kids will pass on them.. most kids and parents will recognize one of the main characters ie Obi Wan, Anakin, Mace, Yoda, etc and want the set. if it's just clones they might pass all together.

figrin bran
11-23-2009, 02:16 AM
I bought the Ryloth pack mainly for Waxer and Boil. Waxer is not show accurate as he doesn't have two holsters.

Mace's armor pieces look a lot better in this version so I don't mind having a duplicate of him. I wasn't too fond of the pearly finish on the carded release's armor pieces.

WesleySr
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah, but it is almost every single battle pack anymore. Look at the Ambush on the Vulture's Claw. Three old figures to get one that we need, Gha Nachkt. The only decent Battle Packs for this line that are new are Jabba's Palace & Rishi Moon Outpost Attack (even though, the Commando droids are repacks, I only have 2, so that is ok. The 2 new upcoming battle packs Holocron Heist & Jedi Showdown are just full of old figures.

I am a collector and long time fan, but I am also a parent of children who love the animated series. I open (that's right, I said OPEN) almost everything that I buy (I have some unopened exclusives and 1st Day of Issues). It's very aggrevating to have your child ask you for something like one of these battle packs because he doesnt have a certain figure in it but you have to tell them no because he already has the other 3. This actually happened to me with the Ambush on the Vulture's Claw pack. Luckily, when I saw the 2 new Target sets, I was by myself.

Oh, and dont even get me started on the Geonosis Assault battle pack, and all that BS about only giving us 1 ball turret.

WesleySr
11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Also, instead of the Battle Droid in the Ambush set, why couldnt they have given us the officer that was in the escape pod with the other clones. That would have made it worth buying.

And why was Mace Windu even in the Ryloth battle pack? He wasnt even really a part of that episode. It should have been Obi-Wan and they should have traded him or Cody for the little Twi'lek girl that Waxer & Boil met.

I wouldnt mind buying a battle pack if it only had 1 old figure in it.

I tell you what I really liked and that was the Under the Helmet 2-packs. I got all of them except for the Cody & Echo set. I really hope that Hasbro does some more of these sets.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Look at the Ambush on the Vulture's Claw. Three old figures to get one that we need, Gha Nachkt.
For me, Anakin and Ahsoka were new enough with the ponchos. There were two IG-86 droids in that episode, and I already had one, so bam, now you have two, just like in the show.

Also, instead of the Battle Droid in the Ambush set, why couldnt they have given us the officer that was in the escape pod with the other clones. That would have made it worth buying.
It's cheaper to just repack the droid. Again, there were several in the episode, and I only had one, so it's good for me. I'm not sure how well a kitbashed clone officer would be, since the Yularen figure is a little too skinny.

And why was Mace Windu even in the Ryloth battle pack? He wasnt even really a part of that episode. It should have been Obi-Wan and they should have traded him or Cody for the little Twi'lek girl that Waxer & Boil met.
Well, he was in the third part of the story arc, so that makes sense. Also, they've re-released Obi-Wan many times but Mace has only had one release, so that gives it more variety. A Numa figure, while potentially interesting to collectors, isn't going to move a gift set like Mace or Cody are, and would have had to be all-new and thus prohibitively expensive.

WesleySr
11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Very good points, Mr. JabbaJohnL, but I still think I am right : )

I already have 5 of the droids from Abregado and 2 of the droids from the Vulture's Claw. Therefore, to me, they arent worth it. I buy 10 of most clones and droids, although I did buy 20 of the plain clones and plain battle droids.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Very good points, Mr. JabbaJohnL, but I still think I am right : )

I already have 5 of the droids from Abregado and 2 of the droids from the Vulture's Claw. Therefore, to me, they arent worth it. I buy 10 of most clones and droids, although I did buy 20 of the plain clones and plain battle droids.
Ah, well all right, then. I've made it a point not to buy multiples of anything from the Clone Wars line, so battle packs or deluxe figures are really the only ways to bulk up my armies and fill out my scenes.

DarkArtist
12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
found the Attack of the Rishi Moon Outpost the other day in Walmart. love the set, can't wait to set it up with the rest of the Commando Droids and the Rookies