PDA

View Full Version : New ROTJ Jabba

Bosskman
11-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I just saw pics at another site of what looks like a new ROTJ Jabba. Man I hope that's what it is...

DarkArtist
11-20-2009, 04:37 PM
what site did you see a pic of it ?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Here (http://www.sandtroopers.com/Spice/posts/jabba.jpg) is the picture. Yakface is saying that it's very likely NOT the Hasbro product. I assume the Hasbro one would have more arm articulation, like the recent Clone Wars version, and I can't see them sculpting a permanent tongue.

Droid
11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I REALLY hope they don't sculpt a permanent tongue and frankly I could do without a permanent hole for a tongue to be inserted. Jabba usually didn't have his tongue out so just sculpt a standard pose!

TheDarthVader
11-20-2009, 11:33 PM
From that picture, it looks like his fingers need to be fatter. :)

Slicker
11-21-2009, 05:48 AM
It's definitely a good start. The tongue isn't too bad but it'd be better if it weren't there.

DarkArtist
11-23-2009, 08:05 AM
they did sculpt a permenant tongue on the Saga version of Jabba years back. my guess is that if they are going to give us a new Jabba they are going to do a re-paint / release of the Jabba from Clone Wars but this time add the dais or throne

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
they did sculpt a permenant tongue on the Saga version of Jabba years back. my guess is that if they are going to give us a new Jabba they are going to do a re-paint / release of the Jabba from Clone Wars but this time add the dais or throne
The 2004 Jabba didn't have a permanent tongue - it was removable, and you could plug the pipe into the resulting hole.

There's no way in hell they're going to re-release the Clone Wars Jabba as a ROTJ version. They've confirmed they're doing an all-new one. If they tried to pass off the TCW version as ROTJ, there would be rioting in the streets . . .

Obsession is Nute
11-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Here (http://www.sandtroopers.com/Spice/posts/jabba.jpg) is the picture. Yakface is saying that it's very likely NOT the Hasbro product. I assume the Hasbro one would have more arm articulation, like the recent Clone Wars version, and I can't see them sculpting a permanent tongue.

The scale seems off to me. The tongue and hands seem too small for the body. I have wanted a new ROTJ Jabba and throne for some time now (not acknowleging the CW Jabba).

Gothiczartan
11-26-2009, 12:48 AM
will be be coming with a new seat he can sit on and a hookah pipe thing just like the vintage jabba came with?

Qui-Long Gone
11-27-2009, 09:32 AM
The scale does seem off on this one, but the head sculpt looks good. As long as the new Jabba comes with a dias...I'm happy.

bigbarada
11-27-2009, 10:01 AM
The scale seems off to me. The tongue and hands seem too small for the body. I have wanted a new ROTJ Jabba and throne for some time now (not acknowleging the CW Jabba).

Well, that body looks pretty smooth, so it will likely shrink as the sculptor cuts in all the skin folds and detail work. This obvious work-in-progress is far from the stage where we can be accurately judging it's proportions.

Stupid question, but since Hasbro has already said that they are working closely with Sideshow, then how hard would it have been to simply "shrink" down Sideshow's 12" Jabba to 3 3/4" proportions?

Tycho
11-27-2009, 08:07 PM
That looks almost exactly like the SideShow.

I have 2 of the SideShows myself. In my opinion a more articulated Jabba, with a dias of course, would be more appreciated, even if we lost asthetic value due to the articulation.