PDA

View Full Version : Jakks Build and Brawl Wrestlers

DarkArtist
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
has does anyone collect figures... i been seeing them on the pegs at local stores and picked up a few figures to use for customizing or just to have....so far I picked up The Rock (favorite wrestler next to Hulk Hogan), Rowdy Rowdy Piper (using him as a base for a custom figure of Piper as he was to be a Cobra agent at one point), and Sgt Slaughter (works great with the G.I. Joe line and is an amazing figure all around great likeness)...

i was thinking of picking up a few more of the wrestlers such as John Henry (might make a good BA from The A-Team), as well as Undertaker (possible Cobra agent) and maybe Stone Cold and Triple H. also spotted a figure that could make a decent Rambo just can't remember the name.

JetsAndHeels
11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't have any of them, but it's funny that you started this thread because I have been thinking about getting the Triple H. He has been my favorite for quite a while.

If they ever make a Ric Flair, I will buy it on sight. :)

DarkArtist
11-22-2009, 10:36 AM
i hear ya on the Ric Flair....would love to see both him and Hulk Hogan.

El Chuxter
11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Anyone know if Sarge is due for a re-release? He's the only one I want, the only one I haven't seen (as far as I know), and I imagine a lot of Joe collectors want him, too.

DarkArtist
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM
i haven't really looked into this line but I have yet to see re-releases of figures and the few figures that are at TRU and Walmarts usually don't sit for long. I was lucky to be able to get a Sgt....and he looks and works great with G.I. Joe. He's actually the reason I got into this line.

DarkArtist
12-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I wonder if Jakks has any plans to make some of the female wrestlers in the build n brawl line...would love to see Trish Stratus, China, and Stacy Keebler get the 3.75 treatment

El Chuxter
12-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Didn't Chyna have a less-than-amicable split with the WWE, though? Could that make things pretty tough, where maybe they could use the name Chyna but not Laurer's likeness, or something else weird like that?

I doubt we'll ever see The Rock, either, since he's one of the few guys who owns the trademark on his name and persona.

DarkArtist
12-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Didn't Chyna have a less-than-amicable split with the WWE, though? Could that make things pretty tough, where maybe they could use the name Chyna but not Laurer's likeness, or something else weird like that?

I doubt we'll ever see The Rock, either, since he's one of the few guys who owns the trademark on his name and persona.

Chux they did make a Rock. he just came out in a recent wave. now if we could get a Hulk Hogan figure from his Hulkamania days.

as far as Chyna she did have a rather nasty falling out with the WWE but I believe McMann still owns the rights to Chyna so they could release a figure of her

El Chuxter
12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Well, dang. I had no idea there was a The Rock figure. Is his head cartoonish? He seems like his head should be cartoonish.

I'm not too much on rasslers, but I'd kill for an Andre the Giant. I imagine he'd be a build-a-figure, though.

DarkArtist
12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
his head is a little on the cartoonish end, he;s doing the People's eyebrow look