PDA

View Full Version : Leia is the Wo-MAN

Qui-Long Gone
11-27-2009, 11:19 AM
When I was a kid I wanted to be Han Solo or Luke...or maybe Fett or Vader. I never appreciated Leia except for her slave stint in ROTJ...

But, having watched the PT this week again, I was struck by Leia's bada$$ery....She is a true hero and if anything is going down, chances are she's bossing someone around with little to no resistance....

In fact, I think she's one of--if the most--underappreciated SW characters.

Except for Luke's Vader/father meltdown...she has the best emotional scene with "I love you"....

Give Leia her props. What is your fav Leia moment?

My top 3

1. "Resistence to the mind probe..." lol, nice try Empire! Leia's mind is steel.

2. Choking Jabba never looked so good.....mmmmm.

3. Watch me bust a cap in those two troopers who just shot me...ready? On three....

Neuroleptic
11-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't know if it's considered a moment or not, but I'v always found it interesting that Leia seems to be the best shot out of everyone in all 6 movies.

JediTricks
11-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Leia and Obi-Wan (ANH) are 2 of my favorite characters, and I do think they're highly underrated.

Leia is tough as nails, she doesn't wait for the guys to make up their minds, she is the one that gets them out of trouble. I think her attitude from the minute we see her laying in the cell up until she blasts the chute grating is my favorite moment, she's badass with no regrets.

In terms of her portrayal of the character vs. Natalie Portman's Padme, I think that's part of what's missing from the PT, that strength and maturity and bold voice which teenage Carrie Fisher brought to the screen just isn't represented in the PT. Not just Padme either, even Anakin really isn't bringing as much character screen presence and personality as Leia.

Darkross
11-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't know if it's considered a moment or not, but I'v always found it interesting that Leia seems to be the best shot out of everyone in all 6 movies.

Agreed...although, Padme was pretty Bad@$$ with her naboo pistol in EI when she tricked the Vice Roy...and her troops let her do all of the shooting into the Palace! Uh...we'll follow your lead your highness!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Since this is in the prequels section, her birth was pretty important, but not enough to say she was a bada$$, or a hero.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Agreed...although, Padme was pretty Bad@$$ with her naboo pistol in EI when she tricked the Vice Roy...and her troops let her do all of the shooting into the Palace! Uh...we'll follow your lead your highness!Not to mention her performance in the Geonosis arena, her ordering the trooper around after they fell out off the gunship, and her decision to go to Geonosis in the first place. When Anakin for once decided to do what he was told, she was the one took the initiative to go try to rescue Obi-Wan.

As for Leia, I recall having a crush on her after ANH. She had a lot of good lines throughout the trilogy.

"Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way."

"Would it help if I got out and pushed."

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder."

Bel-Cam Jos
11-28-2009, 10:41 AM
As for Leia, I recall having a crush on her after ANH. She had a lot of good lines throughout the trilogy.And don't forget: "It's a hat." or "You eat it." or "That's right, Chewie. He had 'no choice'."

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2009, 10:54 AM
And don't forget: "It's a hat."You and I must think alike. I almost added that to the list. Spooky.

TheDarthVader
12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
She gets shot in ROTJ. When Han asks about the injury, Leia responds, "Its not that bad." That chick is as strong as an ox.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Keep in mind, right after she gets shot, she ends up shooting a guy in the FACE afterwards! C'mon, that is seriously badass.

2-1B
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
She gets shot in ROTJ. When Han asks about the injury, Leia responds, "Its not that bad." That chick is as strong as an ox.

but not as strong as The 'Ox.

morpheus282
01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I never appreciated Leia except for her slave stint in ROTJ...

So all the running around the Death Star braless did nothing for you?

mtriv73
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
So all the running around the Death Star braless did nothing for you?

Actually, it left me feeling a little chaffed.

TheDarthVader
01-14-2010, 02:49 PM
but not as strong as The 'Ox.

Oh so true. :D

JEDIpartner
01-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Shouldn't this be in the OT section? LOL

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Since this is in the prequels section, her birth was pretty important, but not enough to say she was a bada$$, or a hero.Yes, that's never come up before. I mean, she just cried and went to Alderaan.

JediTricks
01-17-2010, 03:22 PM
The point is that there isn't a character as awesome as her in the PT.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
The point is that there isn't a character as awesome as her in the PT.What about that second blue Twi-Lek chick? :lipsrsealed: Or Rumm Slegg?

morpheus282
01-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Rum Sleg isn't a chick.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey, Leia wore a helmet and "looked like" a dude, fooling a Hutt and a cache of thugs and hired goons. Maybe Rum has slipped all of us a mickey too...

morpheus282
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Hey, Leia wore a helmet and "looked like" a dude, fooling a Hutt and a cache of thugs and hired goons. Maybe Rum has slipped all of us a mickey too...

She wasn't fooling anyone. Jabba knew it was her the whole time, which explains why they were waiting behind the curtain for her to free Han. Do you really think that a Hutt would belive that a svelte 100 lb bounty hunter could wrestle a wookie into submission?

JediTricks
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Twi'leks are an automatic entry into "lamesville". Everything after Oola is pandering.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
But they're aliens... different skin colors... with apostrophes in the name... apparently with Spanish accents... how can all this go wrong? Oh, right. Lamesville, population 1,138. :p

Old Fossil
01-18-2010, 08:30 PM
The moment on the Cloud City landing platform, when she runs out, blaster at the ready... only to see the Slave I take off, with Han inside.

The look on her face said it all. We all knew she was a warrior before that, but the anguish in her eyes showed that Leia had also really, truly fallen in love, and lost. The Princess was vulnerable.

If we hadn't before, we all loved Leia then and there.:love:

That was my favorite "Leia" moment.

JediTricks
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
But they're aliens... different skin colors... with apostrophes in the name... apparently with Spanish accents... how can all this go wrong? Oh, right. Lamesville, population 1,138. :p
Niiiiiice! :thumbsup:

Geez Old Fossil, way to turn a phrase there. Lazy Lucas should have brought you on after that one, that was far finer than any of the glop in the prequel scripts. Better conveyed for direction as well, I'd wager.