PDA

View Full Version : GH Vehicle Repaints? Anakin's, Jango's, etc?

Tycho
11-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Are you going to buy the repaints?

I'm probably getting Jango's Slave-One so it can be displayed vs. Obi-Wan's CW fighter, as I doubt they'll make the highly similar AOTC one. So I'll just use it as that.

Anakin's ROTS fighter? I'm leaning towards it, too. I have Obi-Wan's to go with it. It needs a Separatist ship or a few to face off with. An ARC 170 for GH would be cute, but I'd prefer a Republic Gunship be made first!

I don't buy the X-wing repaints - though Dagobah was most-nice.

sonofsokol
11-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Repaints are tough... I bought the Dagobah X-wing because it was different enough. I did not buy the Porkins X-wing release, but I really wanted the astromech in that one.

I have been tempted by the new ROTJ Falcon at Costco, but have yet to pull the trigger.

For Christmas this year I have purchased my son Anakin's Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter to match the old Obi-wan ship and the new ROTS Obi-wan ship. Since I bought both of the Clone Wars versions I'll buy both the ROTS versions as well. They look sweet.

I really want the ESB Slave 1, but love the removable helmet with the Jango that comes with the AOTC Slave 1. I guess I will have to get both of them too... dang repaints.

If anyone is counting I am in favor of a Gunship as well. :thumbsup:

Fat Valentino
11-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Has this been confirmed/pictured? If so, what's in the set and when is it coming out?

sonofsokol
11-29-2009, 10:13 AM
not sure of the release date, but they were featured on the home page (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2529) a few days ago...

skystreak
11-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Possibly.

I buy these (mostly) for my son, and he's not head over heels into Star Wars at the moment...

Although the 5 month old will need his own toys eventually....:laugh:

Ando
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
I have been tempted by the new ROTJ Falcon at Costco, but have yet to pull the trigger.

It's worth it. The paint job on the CostCo one is superior to the WM one from Spring 2008. PLUS they added a little bit of music (opening theme and Imperial March) to go with the sound effects.

I will be getting the Jango Fett Slave I and the Anakin Skywalker EP III JSF.

sonofsokol
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info Ando... I was at Costco on Friday and they had at least 100 of the falcons there. The price is amazing too! I guess I'll have to stop by on my way home today.:thumbsup:

Ando
11-30-2009, 03:56 PM
You're welcome!

Alpha 315
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Helmet removal Jango Fett? You bet, boi!