PDA

View Full Version : Found the Empire Wave.

Pages : [1] 2

Droid
12-01-2009, 01:51 PM
I found the entire Empire wave at Walmart this morning which shocked me because I hadn't heard anyone anywhere report finding it yet.

I picked up the Black Bespin Guard, Zuckuss, Willrow, and Luke Snowspeeder. I passed on the rest.

I am bummed at Willrow and the Black Bespin Guard as both have RED eyes, which makes no sense.

I was always irritated that they gave so many Clone figures red eyes, but I think Hasbro said something about it being a stylistic choice or some weird thing. But WHY those other two figures?

And you know with those two they'll NEVER correct it.

I need to remember to ask a question in the Q&A about that.

DarkArtist
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
nice find.. this is the only wave I'm looking for right now. still waiting for HTS to ship the rest of the ANH wave.

I'm hoping this is not a difficult wave to find since it might be the last of the 2009 waves...my wallet is screaming in pain from all the money spent so far.

gba88
12-01-2009, 02:20 PM
lucky find :)

Yeah, i'm still waiting on 3 figures from ANH from hts too. So much for some of these last waves not falling through the cracks.

JediTricks
12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Congrats on the find, but... Dang, ANOTHER wave when we're still fighting to find the ones from the last 4 waves? Wild.

Red eyes is so annoying! I suspect they meant to make it brown, but the paint is wrong. Still, it's too much.

Tycho
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Willrow Hood is The Ice Cream Maker Guy. It is now obvious that he rescued the last carton of Cherry Garcia from Cloud City and his eyes are reflecting that.

The Bespin Guard is from just off-camera (unless you have the extra-extra wide screen special edition of TESB) and he is looking on with approval as the Cherry Garcia flavor is assisted to avoid capture by the Empire and melted down for Dark Chocolate Chunk.

I really thought all that was obvious. C'mon guys: are you fans of ESB or what?

morpheus282
12-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I'd love to find the Zuckuss and R2-X2 from this wave, but the rest I'll probably pass on. As dry as it's been around here I doubt I'll ever see them in the wild.

Snowtrooper
12-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Yakface is also reporting that this wave is being found. I'm kinda curious how the new AT-AT driver looks. Some of the headgear pictures have looked rather disappointing.

jonthejedi
12-02-2009, 03:44 AM
JediDefender.com, also.

Old Fossil
12-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Zounds! I didn't expect this wave to start showing up until into 2010.

jonthejedi
12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Hit 4 Wallys today in eastern Maryland...nuttin'!

Devo
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
The Bespin guard is hilarious. He was clearly sculpted as a white man and just painted black after the fact. Its a tad distracting but otherwise its a good figure by the looks of it. Oh and minus those ugly shoulder hinges...again.

morpheus282
12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Found a commander Bacara repack tonight with the HK-50 torso, and at the same Walmart that has had nothing for three months. There were two other Legacy figures from the New Hope wave (R2, stormtrooper) and a slew of CW and legends. I must have missed the rest of the ESB case by no more than a day. Looks like a lunchtime toy run is in store for tomorrow.

Tycho
12-02-2009, 08:19 PM
The Bespin guard is hilarious. He was clearly sculpted as a white man and just painted black after the fact. Its a tad distracting but otherwise its a good figure by the looks of it. Oh and minus those ugly shoulder hinges...again.

Oh: it's Robert Downey Jr. as a Bespin Guard? - from the upcoming movie "Bespin Thunder."

RoonStones
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I picked up the Black Bespin Guard, Zuckuss, Willrow, and Luke Snowspeeder. I passed on the rest.

How does the new Zuckuss look? I was happy with the original release, but would consider buying the new one if it's worth it.

Jabbapalacespy
12-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Just found Zuckuss and Willrow Hood today at Walmart. There was only one of each. Also one Cloud City guard and Luke Skywalker but I'm not intersted in those. No R2-X2 which I really want.

Really like Zuckuss. I've been wanting an update of him ever since they updated 4-LOM. :thumbsup:

Finding bits of different waves here and there. . . . I was afraid this would happen with so many figures to be released in so short of time span and then having them delayed a few months makes it worse.

I learned an important leason long ago - If you think you want it, and you find it, you better get it right then otherwise you may never see it on a shelf again! :rolleyes:

Jedi Law Student
12-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I still haven't seen the ESB wave, although I did see the remnants of the ANH wave for the first time tonight at Target. I picked up Hrchek Kal Fas, and I'm extremely pleased with that purchase.

AmanaMatt
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Snowspeeder Luke is the best luke ever......(Hasbro wise, of course)

autumnsdescent
12-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Found the entire ESB wave this morning. I picked up 6 of the 9 figures.

I didn't think the ESB wave was coming out until January. When I saw reports on here that the wave has been found in retail now, I knew that there would be a decent chance that this will be the hardest wave to find - especially after the Christmas reset.

Now I'm looking forward to the EU wave in January...

BTW- I have managed to find all the waves in release now here in Indianapolis. It's definitely a matter of knowing when trucks come in to which stores and being there at the right time...

gba88
12-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Found the entire ESB wave this morning. I picked up 6 of the 9 figures.

I didn't think the ESB wave was coming out until January. When I saw reports on here that the wave has been found in retail now, I knew that there would be a decent chance that this will be the hardest wave to find - especially after the Christmas reset.

Now I'm looking forward to the EU wave in January...

BTW- I have managed to find all the waves in release now here in Indianapolis. It's definitely a matter of knowing when trucks come in to which stores and being there at the right time...

was this at walmart?

bigbarada
12-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Saw this entire wave at Walmart today, except for Zuckuss.

Picked up Snowspeeder Luke, since he was the only figure from this wave that I was interested in. He looks awesome! :thumbsup: My only complaints are that his hands are oddly positioned so you can't really pose him doing anything but holding the harpoon gun (which won't really be a complaint once we get a BAT-AT to attach him to) and there is no ignited saber included. Also, even though there is a peg to "hook" his saber hilt onto his belt, I can't find a hole in his belt to actually attach the saber to. His harpoon gun is pretty cool, the harpoon is removable and I'm glad that Hasbro resisted the urge to pack him with a giant, spring-loaded harpoon gun. He also comes with what appears to be a sawed-off shotgun which I don't remember ever seeing before, but he looks pretty bad-arse when holding it. :cool:

Willrow looks pretty good and I did see the red-eyes, however they weren't really all that noticeable. I have no interest in this figure.

Bespin Guard - he had red-eyes too, but again not nearly as bad as the old Ep2 Clones. He looks really good, but I'm going to wait for one with better paint apps on his face.

R2-X2 - I seriously considered buying this one, but it's based on that astromech body that extends/retracts its third leg as you twist its head. I don't like that particular mold because I'm always getting them with the third leg attached backwards. If it had been based on the VOTC R2, then I might have bought it, although I think I'm suffering from the same BAD "astromech overload" that Chux described in another thread. I've discovered that I really only care about 2 or 3 astromechs from the Star Wars films.

Concept Snowtrooper - someone had actually hidden this figure behind the Battlepacks because I guess they wanted to buy it later. I took one look at it and put it right back into hiding. Nothing really interesting there.

AT-AT Driver - pure crap. Improved articulation notwithstanding, it's a complete step backwards from the 2006 figure in every possible way. The helmet is soft, warped, and sloppily painted (and it STILL doesn't have the red stripe painted on the back :mad: ). I really hoped that the days of sticking Jango heads underneath the helmets of OT troopers were behind us. Hasbro seriously should have just retooled the arms and feet from the 2006 figure.

gba88
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
AT-AT Driver - pure crap. Improved articulation notwithstanding, it's a complete step backwards from the 2006 figure in every possible way. The helmet is soft, warped, and sloppily painted (and it STILL doesn't have the red stripe painted on the back :mad: ). I really hoped that the days of sticking Jango heads underneath the helmets of OT troopers were behind us. Hasbro seriously should have just retooled the arms and feet from the 2006 figure.

dang, i was really looking forward to this one :(

bigbarada
12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
One interesting thing about the AT-AT Driver, for MOC collectors: on the front page of RS (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2009/DSCN3110.jpg), they show the Driver figure packaged with his helmet off. The one I saw at Walmart this morning was packaged with his helmet on. If it's still there the next time I go to Wal-Mart, I'll snap a picture with my phone.

Snowtrooper
12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Well that sucks. I like AT-AT drivers and was hoping this one would turn out OK. The clone head doesn't really bother me so much. However, I hate squishy helmets. It makes them seem more like halloween masks rather than military gear. It also results in bad paint jobs alot of times. I don't understand why Hasbro can't be consistent on this. Clones like Matchstick have solid RH helmets while Legacy figures tend to have the squishy type. It surely can't cost that much more to make a solid one, althought thats what they'll probably claim.

DarkJedi5
12-03-2009, 12:57 PM
He also comes with what appears to be a sawed-off shotgun which I don't remember ever seeing before, but he looks pretty bad-arse when holding it. :cool:

Pretty sure that's supposed to be the weapon for the HK50 BaD as seen here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32236). But I haven't seen it so I could be wrong.

bigbarada
12-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Pretty sure that's supposed to be the weapon for the HK50 BaD as seen here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32236). But I haven't seen it so I could be wrong.

That's what it is then. I rechecked the BAD bubble and there is a slot for it there. It kind of just fell out of the bubble (along with Luke's helmet) when I opened it up so I just assumed it was one of those barely seen weapons similar to the rifle we got with the Dewback-Rider Sandtrooper.

AmanaMatt
12-03-2009, 02:17 PM

Yeah, I love the 2006 version (2006 really?!?!?!? My lord, like yesterday)....this one looks like......pure crap.....! :razz:

Its awful......

morpheus282
12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I found three of the repacks at lunch - Commander Deviss, Plo Koon, and Agen Kolar. Considering I never saw them in their initial wave, it wasn't a bad find. Can anyone tell me what HK-50 parts Zuckuss and R2-X2 come with?

Jabbapalacespy
12-03-2009, 04:07 PM
I found three of the repacks at lunch - Commander Deviss, Plo Koon, and Agen Kolar. Considering I never saw them in their initial wave, it wasn't a bad find. Can anyone tell me what HK-50 parts Zuckuss and R2-X2 come with?

Zuckuss comes with the right leg. Don't have R2-X2 yet so I don't know about that one.

morpheus282
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
After scavenging the net, I've answered my own question and gotten incredibly lucky. R2-X2 and Zuckuss both come with a leg. All the repacks I've bought from this wave so far have given me everything but the legs. I'm now on a hunt for the only two figures from this wave that I really wanted.

DarkArtist
12-03-2009, 05:44 PM
found most of this wave this morning in Walmart in Ocean Township.. picked up the AT-AT Driver, ICMG, Black Bespin Guard, Zuckuss, Luke and found a Grey Ugnaught. missed out on the droid and the Concept Snowtrooper and passed on the VOTC Snowtrooper (have a bunch from both the VOTC and Saga Legends)

also finally found a Geonosis Assualt Battlepack today in Target....now just to get 3 more for the two gunships and I'll be set

morpheus282
12-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Had to run to the WM closest to home vs. the one closest to work that I hit earlier in the day and found the same figures all over again. I actually bought them a second time since they were $6 at the second WM and $7.49 at the first. I'll be returning the first set tomorrow. :D

Still no sign of the figures new to this wave. Since I was just at that WM last night, I can only assume someone beat me to them.

Old Fossil
12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
passed on the VOTC Snowtrooper (have a bunch from both the VOTC and Saga Legends)

What is this? Have they reissued the VOTC Snowie again? I didn't know they were going to do that. Good news for me if it's true, as I love that Snowtrooper figure, almost as much as the 2006 AT-AT Driver. Bummer that the new Driver is a step backward from that. Waste of time, money, tooling.

bigbarada
12-03-2009, 11:54 PM
What is this? Have they reissued the VOTC Snowie again?

Yep, I saw him today too. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of Saga Legends if straight repacks are going to be bouncing between the two lines like this.

Went back by Walmart today and the AT-AT Driver was gone (along with R2-X2), so I didn't get a chance to take a photo of what appears to be a package variation based on the photos from RS.

Was tempted to buy Willrow and the Bespin Guard, but eventually put them back on the pegs, where I am sure Willrow will continue to sit for a looooong time.

Really spent some time examining the Snowspeeder Luke today and I think I can safely say that he is definitely in the running for one of the greatest Star Wars figures of all time.

LTBasker
12-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Here's an auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-LEGACY-BD49-AT-AT-DRIVER-VARIANT-SET-HK-50_W0QQitemZ140364342519QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item20ae5de4f7) with both versions of the AT-AT Driver shown.

Hmm, I think I'll be picking up the Luke. He looks simply too great to pass up if I ever run into it. Btw, the wave with the phase 1 Dark Trooper is coming out after this one, right?

gba88
12-04-2009, 01:38 PM
does anyone know the case breakdown on these?? I found everyone except r2-x2 and luke. It looks like either I missed them at 2 walmarts, or else they only got a certain case..? This is a stupid question for sure but....do they come in cases of 6 or only 12?

On another note.... I finally saw about 2 cases of the Rum Sleg wave at kmart of all places!!! I was tempted to buy another, but I think for 9 bucks a figure I'll just be content with the one I bought on ebay. Couldn't decide on amidala or the gungan warrior so I might go back.

AmanaMatt
12-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Was tempted to buy Willrow and the Bespin Guard, but eventually put them back on the pegs, where I am sure Willrow will continue to sit for a looooong time.

You, of all classic collectors passed on figures that are true classic characters?!?!?!?! Dude Willrow Hood is like the greatest, random character of all time. I cant even look at you right now, man!!!!!!!

Ok, found all in this wave today except Snowspeeder Luke. My thoughts:

Willrow Hood - totally random, and funny-as-heck figure. Bought two... unlike some board members here!!! :) Joking aside, if we do not support this kind of random character, Hasbro will never take a chance like this, so show Hood love, people!!!!!

Concept snowtrooper - liked this one quite a bit....prob will get two and add to the concept collection

Zuckuss.....like him a lot - hate soft goods, but this is decent.

Saw At-at Driver....garbage. One I saw had the helmet off

Bespin Guard. Great detail. Clearly meant to be a caucasian male yet painted black.

Standard Snowtrooper - got one cause I like him carded....all of these were $6 at my local Walmart - have em on temporary markdown for Xmas...

gba88
12-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Zuckuss comes with the right leg. Don't have R2-X2 yet so I don't know about that one.

The zuckuss I found, came with the *left* leg actually. I bought one, and saw another at another walmart. I think I need to get r2-x2 for the right leg. I'm going to hit the wm's again tomorrow morning. I really want luke and r2-x2 for the right leg. Does anyone know what part the concept snowtrooper comes with?

morpheus282
12-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Galactic hunter (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=6153) has pictures of all with the droid part. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate, but it's the only place I could find that confirms Zuckuss and R2-X2 have the legs. They also have both snowtroopers pictured with a leg.

Old Fossil
12-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Really spent some time examining the Snowspeeder Luke today and I think I can safely say that he is definitely in the running for one of the greatest Star Wars figures of all time.

I would have to agree. I found the wave today at 2 different Wal-Marts and got Luke, based a little of what I remember you saying. He's on my desk right now, along with Zuckuss and Giran and the new Jawa. Luke is a really amazing figure! The folds in the flightsuit, the clever way Hasbro sculpted the air hose into the flightsuit, the attention to detail on the helmet and boots and belt and gloves... it's really something, the lengths the toymaker went to on this figure. I love it! Thanks, BigB, for the words that helped me make the correct decision with this figure: BUY IT!!!

Zuckuss is as wonderful as I imagined, the one I've been wanting for the better part of a decade. He will look great beside the other bounty hunters.

I saw both versions of the AT-AT Driver. It is indeed garbage. However, I bought the version with the helmet off to keep on the card, since I collect carded versions of this figure. Now I have:

Vintage ROTJ version
POTF2 Freeze Frame version
Saga version
Legacy version

If, however, you like your AT-AT Drivers loose, skip this step backward in action figure design.

I bought the Concept Snowie to keep on the card, as I also collect carded Concept Art figures. It looks cool but would have no place in a loose OT-focused collection.

And I can confirm that both those Wal-Marts I went to had marked down their figures to an even $6! Yay!

bigbarada
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
You, of all classic collectors passed on figures that are true classic characters?!?!?!?! Dude Willrow Hood is like the greatest, random character of all time. I cant even look at you right now, man!!!!!!!

Actually, I got so excited after seeing those photos of the upcoming Cloud Car that I went and picked up Willrow and the Bespin Guard.

Willrow is a great figure, the Bespin Guard not so much. I'm having problems keeping his hat on his head. It's made of plastic that is too rigid and keeps popping off.:mad: I'll try soaking it in boiling water later to see if I can get it to fit.

I would have to agree. I found the wave today at 2 different Wal-Marts and got Luke, based a little of what I remember you saying. He's on my desk right now, along with Zuckuss and Giran and the new Jawa. Luke is a really amazing figure! The folds in the flightsuit, the clever way Hasbro sculpted the air hose into the flightsuit, the attention to detail on the helmet and boots and belt and gloves... it's really something, the lengths the toymaker went to on this figure. I love it! Thanks, BigB, for the words that helped me make the correct decision with this figure: BUY IT!!!

I'm glad you didn't pass him up.:) Especially considering how badly Hasbro has treated Luke over the last few years, in terms of quality action figures.

AmanaMatt
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Actually, I got so excited after seeing those photos of the upcoming Cloud Car that I went and picked up Willrow and the Bespin Guard.

Lol, ok you have redeemed yourself! :razz:

gba88
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Anyone finding this wave anywhere besides WM yet? I've seen it at 2 walmarts so far and missed r2-x2, luke, and the concept snowtrooper at both. I REALLY want those 3.

An observation: the 2 that had these waves were 2 that just had the ROTJ wave. TRU and Target seem to be getting the ANH wave now while WM is getting ESB. Anyone else notice this in their area?

p.s. the local kmart went from having the ROTJ wave to having the rum sleg wave!

Old Fossil
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM

Wow. I did the exact same thing this afternoon! I haven't yet opened them, though.

My wife was at Target, and she called and told me that they still had the variant Ugnaught that I passed up a week or so ago. I asked her to go ahead and put it in the shopping cart.:love:

I hope the images of a new Cloud Car aren't bogus.

DarkJedi5
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM

Wow. I did the exact same thing this afternoon! I haven't yet opened them, though.

I hope the images of a new Cloud Car aren't bogus.

Maybe this is all part of Hasbro's plan...? To help pick up the sales of a wave that may fall flat with a potential peg warmer in it, they let some images leak of vehicles that just so happen to go with these figures? I doubt it, but it's not a bad idea.

morpheus282
12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
does anyone know the case breakdown on these?? I found everyone except r2-x2 and luke. It looks like either I missed them at 2 walmarts, or else they only got a certain case..? This is a stupid question for sure but....do they come in cases of 6 or only 12?

Here's the only reference (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535M) I've found on the case assortment. Unless something has changed, the cases are 12 figures.

gba88
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Here's the only reference (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87535M) I've found on the case assortment. Unless something has changed, the cases are 12 figures.

Yep, only 3 i missed were the 3 I want most! Luke, r2-x2 and the concept stormtrooper. Maybe this week I'll find them, who knows.

JetsAndHeels
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Last night I picked up Snowspeeder Luke, Willrow Hood, and the concept Snowtrooper. They also had the AT-AT driver but he was an easy pass for me.

El Chuxter
12-07-2009, 01:45 PM
I was going to pass on the AT-AT Driver, given that it's doubly redundant, but I think I'll pick one up to make a custom Corporal Frassk.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Apparently my mom got some of this wave today at Walmart, though I don't know which ones. It's a little nice that this is hitting more or less everywhere at once, but the fact that it's only at Walmart is strange.

Old Fossil
12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Bespin Guard. Great detail. Clearly meant to be a caucasian male yet painted black.

Like Clarence Gilyard, Jr.?

TheDarthVader
12-08-2009, 07:52 AM
What is the big deal with R2-X2? He came in EE's astromech droid packs. I have owned him for about 5 years. Correct me if I am wrong...but he is a repack from the EE droid packs.
Is he not?

gba88
12-08-2009, 07:56 AM
What is the big deal with R2-X2? He came in EE's astromech droid packs. I have owned him for about 5 years. Correct me if I am wrong...but he is a repack from the EE droid packs.
Is he not?

Well...I wanted him for the droid part :)

BTW, found luke, r2-x2 and concept snowtrooper finally!!!

Has anyone seen a WM get more than 1 case so far?? I've seen 3 different WMs get only 1 case in the frame of about a week or so. I was just wondering if anyone has seen a restock on this wave yet (really want another luke and possibly concept snowtrooper). Seems like only 1 case and only to WM at this point.

morpheus282
12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Is he not?

Four reasons I want this droid:

I like astromechs.
I've always liked the paint job on this one.
I need the HK-50 leg that comes with it.
I never got the EE droid pack.

DarkJedi5
12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Is he not?

Um, he's a repaint. A lot of people thought that the R2-X2 from the EE set was the wrong color (black) and demanded that it be corrected. This new figure is meant to fix that and is now what people seem to think is the right color (green). I'll buy one because it's a new color and a unique color design. I mean, how many R2s and R4s have I got that are more or less the same just different colors? At least this one has a different pattern too.

gba88
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Um, he's a repaint. A lot of people thought that the R2-X2 from the EE set was the wrong color (black) and demanded that it be corrected. This new figure is meant to fix that and is now what people seem to think is the right color (green). I'll buy one because it's a new color and a unique color design. I mean, how many R2s and R4s have I got that are more or less the same just different colors? At least this one has a different pattern too.

furthermore.... he's a droid :) I know that personally, I cannot get enough droids! Same with jawas and weird cantina creatures.

morpheus282
12-08-2009, 10:05 AM

I still think he was supposed to be black, but I guess it's a matter of opinion.

DarkArtist
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
i need him for the leg unless of course the concept SnowTrooper comes with the right leg then I'll pass. i forgot that he came in the EE packs so unless it's a huge significant change then he might be a very easy pass.

TheDarthVader
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Great....now I need that R2-X2 into my droid collection because he is an OT droid and of a different color. Thanks for clearing that up, DarkJedi.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I still think he was supposed to be black, but I guess it's a matter of opinion.
He looks black in the briefing room but olive green in the hangar. Is this the next "Hoth Han's coat" debacle?

Uh, probably not. :D

Jabbapalacespy
12-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I didn't get that astromech droid pack with R2-X2 either and it's the only droid out of it that I actually was interested in, so I'm glad they are releasing it as a carded figure, even if it is just a repaint. I"m also glad they are releasing droids that are not BADs so I don't have to buy 4 figures to build one droid.

TheDarthVader
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I"m also glad they are releasing droids that are not BADs so I don't have to buy 4 figures to build one droid.

True. That is a great point. Hasbro has not release a single carded astromech that was not R2-D2 since...goldie? And when was the last time hasbro released an OT droid other than R2 on a single card? I think it has been a long time.

Qui-Long Gone
12-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I picked up Zuccus this morning, but in the movie, I remember that character being 'fatter'....not a bad figure, but a little thinner than I expected....passed on all things Bespin, hate the paint detail on those figures and never cared much for those background characters (Lando, Boba, Carbon-Solo and crew, and dueling Luke/Vader notwithstanding).

jamesbondo07
12-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Found most of this wave except for Zukuss and the concept snowtrooper

Tycho
12-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Found most of this wave except for Zukuss and the concept snowtrooper

At Wal-Mart or another store (which)?

We're trying to keep track. This wave has only shown up at Wal-Mart to the best of our knowledge around here.

tagmac
12-15-2009, 10:14 AM
I've been to WM nearly every day for the past week and have seen no sign of the Empire wave - just tons of CW stuff being restocked. HTS has nothing up yet either. I'm starting to think this wave isn't supposed to hit until January, and the figures that people found actually came off the pallat of figures WM had a couple of weeks ago (the one by me has since condensed everything onto the pegs and eliminated the pallat altogether).

Sounds like a few people got lucky the same way a handful did during the Ep. III Midnight Madness, where a case worth of the Clone Pilot/Mas Amedda waves shipped in the same pallat setup with all the rest of the figs. It's the only reason I can think of for this wave being so rare and only seen at WM at this time.

jamesbondo07
12-15-2009, 11:25 AM
At Wal-Mart or another store (which)?

We're trying to keep track. This wave has only shown up at Wal-Mart to the best of our knowledge around here.

I found them at Walmart as well.

gba88
12-16-2009, 05:24 AM
I found them at Walmart as well.

Has anyone seen a restock of this wave? I know of 3 walmarts that got it, but they only ever put out a single case to the best of my knowledge. I check every week, so I would have seen leftovers.

Old Fossil
12-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Has anyone seen a restock of this wave? I know of 3 walmarts that got it, but they only ever put out a single case to the best of my knowledge. I check every week, so I would have seen leftovers.

The 2 Wal-Marts I go to regularly both got 1 case of the wave, to the best of my knowledge, and have not restocked it.

jamesbondo07
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM

I only found one case. On a side note has the rollback to $6 help clean out some of the pegs? At my Walmart it made a huge difference.

gba88
12-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I only found one case. On a side note has the rollback to $6 help clean out some of the pegs? At my Walmart it made a huge difference.

The only thing I've seen moving is the legacy figures!!! Either that or they're restocking clone wars crap so fast that it appears to be at a standstill. I have noticed the 5.00 gijoe figures moving pretty well.

mtriv73
12-16-2009, 11:42 AM
It's cleaned out a lot of stuff around here (Star Wars only, GI Joe is still collecting dust.) I bought doubles of several figures from the ROTJ wave at $6 each that I would have lived without at $7.49

I still haven't seen the ESB wave (it's still really new so I'm not worried.) I'm surprised HTS hasn't had it yet though.

Old Fossil
12-16-2009, 11:58 AM
On a side note has the rollback to $6 help clean out some of the pegs? At my Walmart it made a huge difference.

Yeah, it's really moving a lot of Clone Wars product. Legacy and Legends, not so much.

The GI Joes are rotting on the vine.

gba88
12-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it's really moving a lot of Clone Wars product. Legacy and Legends, not so much.

The GI Joes are rotting on the vine.

This is weird you guys are experiencing the opposite! I've seen more ppl buying the gijoe figures in the last couple weeks than I did all summer. I think the thing with CW is that they just keep putting them out in droves....I'll never forget how my excitement was crushed a few weeks ago when I saw new figures hanging in the aisle, then when I got there it was a ton of CW junk!

I've bought a few CW figures early on (r2-d2, c-3po, and a couple others...), but I just loathe the art style of the series/figures. And, of course, now that it's dominating legacy stuff is all the more reason to detest it. Oh yeah, and I hate TF animated and the movie stuff too btw. This is good though, b/c it has allowed me to put funds towards SW stuff :)

DarkArtist
12-16-2009, 01:18 PM
all i need is the Concept Snowtrooper and the R2-X2 for the droid parts. no luck spotting them yet.

El Chuxter
12-16-2009, 01:19 PM
've seen more ppl buying the gijoe figures in the last couple weeks than I did all summer.

Given that only three people bought anything all summer, that's not saying much. I love GIJoe, and the figures are well-made, but they're making the Indiana Jones line look like the hottest toyline of the decade.

gba88
12-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Given that only three people bought anything all summer, that's not saying much. I love GIJoe, and the figures are well-made, but they're making the Indiana Jones line look like the hottest toyline of the decade.

LOL guess I was one of the 3!!!! ACTUALLY.... there are a lot of rednecks where I live, so................that kind of explains more military interest vs space interest. (In my mind anyway).

But yeah, I didn't get all the ROC stuff, I focused on the resolute figures and just particular characters that were kind of carry overs from the 25th (charbroil, ..flash, kamakura). The gijoe line has really great detailing and TONS of accessories depending on the figure.

bigbarada
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
LOL guess I was one of the 3!!!! ACTUALLY.... there are a lot of rednecks where I live, so................that kind of explains more military interest vs space interest. (In my mind anyway).

I live in a small farming community, so I guess you could say that we're all rednecks here. However, I've never seen so much interest in Star Wars figures among kids, than I have here in central Illinois. Especially right now with Christmas coming up, there are constantly kids and their parents digging through the Star Wars toys at Walmart. I don't think I've seen a single person looking through GI Joe stuff.

So, I don't think your "redneck" comment flies.

gba88
12-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I live in a small farming community, so I guess you could say that we're all rednecks here. However, I've never seen so much interest in Star Wars figures among kids, than I have here in central Illinois. Especially right now with Christmas coming up, there are constantly kids and their parents digging through the Star Wars toys at Walmart. I don't think I've seen a single person looking through GI Joe stuff.

So, I don't think your "redneck" comment flies.

Hm... yeah, I guess I'll have to re-check the demographics again and reassess the situation!

Transformers is the only line that I've seen kids looking at consistently. I generally see older (20s-40s) ppl checking out the gijoe stuff and on occasion i've seen a few kids with their parents checking the SW stuff.

Old Fossil
12-16-2009, 06:01 PM
LOL!... You want to talk about rednecks? I live in south Mississippi, and though we didn't invent rednecks, we till up a fresh batch of 'em every year outta rich Delta loam for everyone to enjoy. Along with the usual catfish, watermelons, and chicken.

And our Mis'sippi rednecks ain't really diggin' the GI Joe line, either!

Tycho
12-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Do these rednecks have mullets?

morpheus282
12-17-2009, 01:14 PM

I thought that was a requirement?

TheDarthVader
12-17-2009, 01:27 PM

Easy on the use of the word "redneck", boy. :) j/k But I am from Texas, you know. ;)

JetsAndHeels
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Rednecks love Star Wars.

I am proof.

DarkArtist
12-18-2009, 11:47 AM
while hoping to find the last 2 figures of this wave I need (Concept SnowTrooper and R2-X2 and maybe an additional Snowtrooper) I struck gold and picked up the Kyle Katarn Comic Pack as well as the Darth Krayt set last night at Walmart.... can't wait to open these. they were the only 2 new packs on the pegs along with about 5 sets of the Han Solo Stormie and Drag Queen Chewie sets.

gba88
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
while hoping to find the last 2 figures of this wave I need (Concept SnowTrooper and R2-X2 and maybe an additional Snowtrooper) I struck gold and picked up the Kyle Katarn Comic Pack as well as the Darth Krayt set last night at Walmart.... can't wait to open these. they were the only 2 new packs on the pegs along with about 5 sets of the Han Solo Stormie and Drag Queen Chewie sets.

dang, I first saw those new packs about 2 months ago at kmart (of all places). i guess just more evidence of how messed up distribution is.

edit: on topic: i think we're prob out of luck for anymore ESB wave til next year from the sounds of things :( Maybe they throw in the infamous beardless hoth trooper next time round.

Tycho
12-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Rednecks love Star Wars.

I am proof.

Hmmm.

JetsAndHeels:

college degree
professional job
extremely knowledgeable about history and his field of study
for example: he knows the earth really isn't flat
well traveled
has all or most of his teeth
understands the purpose of a haircut

I'm sorry, you really don't qualify for the Redneck-of-the-Year award.

I'd recommend you for Teacher-of-the-Year though. :thumbsup:

If you want the other coveted title though, I'd recommend years of heavy drinking and recreational drug use to try and kill more brain cells as quickly as possible. Then come back to the boards when you've forgotten how to spell.

JediTricks
12-18-2009, 04:19 PM
1 of my local WMs had a second case of ESB in a single week. I know this because a week ago Thursday, I bought the Bespin Guard there, and this week, they had an Agen Kolar on pegs that had an HK-50 part on him, the last part I need (the right arm that also comes with Willrow Hood).

BTW, R2-X2 comes with a duplicate part of the others, I think the left arm.

Tycho and I traded for 4 of these figures.

Snowspeeder pilot Luke is fantastic, but he comes with the Vader saber hilt yet again (no blade) painted to look like Luke's. There's also no peg hole on the belt, making a hilt even more confusing. The face is painted, but it works for a snowbound character, that's somewhat how skin looks in the snow. I don't really understand how the grappling hook gun is supposed to work, it seems like it loops around his armpit, but it's far from clear. And finally, the helmet is totally unweathered, but it looks like they gave it a new sculpt with a new visor and that part is decent. All in all, pretty satisfying.

Concept Snowtrooper is a keen figure, but Joe Johnston's design here doesn't have the quality of the McQuarrie design, there's something a little more style than substance about it. I really like how the backpack looks, very snug how it fits. The gun is a tad underwhelming, but it fits in the holster - what's with all these reverse holsters in SW figs lately though? The skirt is long and not cut anywhere, so he doesn't have all that much range of motion when talking about moving 1 leg independent of the other - it's not a hobble skirt, but he couldn't run in this thing - however, he CAN sit down. The armor isn't as fresh as the AT-AT Driver, it's fine but the AT-AT Driver has set a new benchmark.

AT-AT Driver is very good. Right away I noticed they painted the white armor glossy, and it looks tremendously realistic and fantastic. It far away exceeds any previous armor in gloss and sharpness of sculpt, the back of the armor is especially impressive despite being only a little detail. The head is a clone, but with '70s style long sideburns, it's a new likeness I think. It seems like the helmet is big, but it looks accurate compared to the photo. It wants to sit high on the head, but I was able to mash it all the way down and it looks much better that way, the long human neck is only visible from the back when the helmet is fully seated. Articulation is good even with leg straps that could have been a big hindrance but aren't. I like this figure a lot.

Zuckuss is very good, but the original is very good so it's not as big an improvement in sculpting, this figure is more about new articulation and more accuracy, both of which are delivered. The fabric skirt has painted detail which is a little odd but it makes a huge difference to the figure. The head is removable and has removable hoses. The hands actually make sense holding the weapon, the right hand is the gun hand which is a surprising execution. I like this figure, I have a feeling it won't dazzle collectors but I don't feel like I'll ever need a better Zuckuss.

Bespin Guard is odd. It's clearly sculpted as a non-black guy, the features seem like a white guy and the coloring is very dark, so it comes off a bit like an Indian guy, which is fine I guess. The figure has lots of articulation, a decent sculpt, 2 holsters (one for the truncheon, the other for the pistol) that can pop out of the legs if need be but cannot rotate, and a hat. The truncheon is a tad thin so it can fit in the holster. The hat is my biggest complaint, it's too small and sits WAY too high on the head, looks ridiculous. The pic on the card shows it near the ears, the figure however wears it like a yarmulke. A good figure, but not outstanding.

I haven't finished HK-50 yet, still need Willrow's part (right arm), but the shiny blue color is very nice, even if it isn't accurate. The head looks very different from HK-47's just by the deco change. I put the silvery parts on my half-complete HK-47 (head, torso, left leg, thanks again nameless buddy who got me most of these!) and it looked really good, like he put on replacement parts. HK-50's gun is better than 47's because it's got weathered paint.

Tycho also had packaged R2-X2 and Willrow Hood for me to check out, R2-X2 has good-looking paint but that card feels so empty with just him in the front. Willrow is fatter than I expected, but seems good. The core really is sculpted as it should be, my mom used to have that kind of ice cream maker, but this one has a rebel alliance logo sculpted to the bottom. I wish they had sculpted Willrow's side and arm to indent a little so the ICM/core didn't look so big under his arm (a real body would give way to it a little).

El Chuxter
12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Willrow is fatter than I expected, but seems good.

Well, he is the guy who, when forced to evacuate, left his wife and five kids behind and grabbed a batch of Cherry Garcia.

JetsAndHeels
12-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Hmmm.

JetsAndHeels:

college degree
professional job
extremely knowledgeable about history and his field of study
for example: he knows the earth really isn't flat
well traveled
has all or most of his teeth
understands the purpose of a haircut

I'm sorry, you really don't qualify for the Redneck-of-the-Year award.

You are far too kind, Josh. :)

I'd recommend you for Teacher-of-the-Year though. :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy!! I do have to say though, there are more qualified, experienced teachers that we have here on SSG (see our teachers thread in general discussion).

If you want the other coveted title though, I'd recommend years of heavy drinking and recreational drug use to try and kill more brain cells as quickly as possible. Then come back to the boards when you've forgotten how to spell.

Ahh, now you're talkin'!! I will get right on that!!

El Chuxter
12-19-2009, 01:04 AM
He's not technically Empire wave, but I found another version 2 Ugnaught... and didn't pass on him this time. :D Not sure if he's showing up in better numbers, I've been incredibly lucky, or it's because of the damaged card.

Ji'dai
12-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Both Ugnaughts are common here. The first one on the old blue card is pegwarming badly.

Other than seeing a lone R2-X2 and rescuing a Snowtrooper that was on the floor under the shelving I've not seen hide nor hare of this wave.

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Well, he is the guy who, when forced to evacuate, left his wife and five kids behind and grabbed a batch of Cherry Garcia.Homemade ice cream is far more delicious than any store-bought product, so it's totally worth it. You're local, ever been to a Norms Restaurant? A few of their desserts have vanilla ice cream, it's the only flavor on the menu, while it seems like a minor thing and they barely mention it and they sell it alone for super cheap, it turns out they make it themselves and is probably among the top 5 ice cream experiences you'll ever have so long as you enjoy savoring ice cream instead of wolfing it down (and if you're a toppings person, try their hot fudge brownie with it, then try not to order a second one :p). All this proves conclusively that Willrow Hood is a man of integrity... the integrity of meaty jell-o. You'd think that running would work it off though.

He's not technically Empire wave, but I found another version 2 Ugnaught... and didn't pass on him this time. :D Not sure if he's showing up in better numbers, I've been incredibly lucky, or it's because of the damaged card.The latter and the former. I've seen about a dozen of these on pegs over the past 2 weeks, but that's over the course of my 60 mile hunts.

morpheus282
12-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Both Ugnaughts are common here. The first one on the old blue card is pegwarming badly.

Other than seeing a lone R2-X2 and rescuing a Snowtrooper that was on the floor under the shelving I've not seen hide nor hare of this wave.

I've got a feeling that we're going to see more of these as time goes by. I'm just starting see the ANH wave hitting more than sparodically, and I finally saw the concept IG-88 today. I'll bet that after Christmas we start seeing everything tht was supposed to hit in October.

Still looking for that R2-X2 and Zuckuss...

Old Fossil
12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
AT-AT Driver is very good. Right away I noticed they painted the white armor glossy, and it looks tremendously realistic and fantastic. It far away exceeds any previous armor in gloss and sharpness of sculpt, the back of the armor is especially impressive despite being only a little detail. The head is a clone, but with '70s style long sideburns, it's a new likeness I think. It seems like the helmet is big, but it looks accurate compared to the photo. It wants to sit high on the head, but I was able to mash it all the way down and it looks much better that way, the long human neck is only visible from the back when the helmet is fully seated. Articulation is good even with leg straps that could have been a big hindrance but aren't. I like this figure a lot.

That's the best review I've seen. The one I bought had somewhat sloppy paint application to the helmet. I only bought it to keep it MOC. I may have to rethink my judgment on this figure if I see one with better paint, that I could open and inspect more closely. Thanks for the quick review, it gives me hope for this, one of my favorite Imperial types.

Bespin Guard is odd. It's clearly sculpted as a non-black guy, the features seem like a white guy and the coloring is very dark

Like Clarence Gilyard, Jr.?

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Sure thing, hope you enjoy the figure as much as I do. I didn't have sloppy paint on mine, how bad is yours?

El Chuxter
12-19-2009, 10:54 PM
I saw about five more Ugnaughts today, so I definitely believe you guys. :)

JT: I've been to the Norm's in Riverside, when we lived there, and loved it. There's not one anywhere nearby now, though.

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 11:41 PM
That's too bad about there not being one near you. I ended up there tonight with the family, they filled my gills and then some for just $10. Ice Cream was magical, it came free with the special I ordered (steak, potato, vegetables, garlic bread, soup, salad, and hot fudge brownie for $10) and I ate more ice cream than brownie or hot fudge. Totally better than any vanilla ice cream I've bought at the store, so I would definitely grab the ICM if Imperial Forces were knocking down my doorstep. (Yeah buddy, tied that all together nicely!)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I got this wave for Christmas and I must say it's pretty damn great. Even the AT-AT Driver is a nice upgrade to the 2006 one - when you compare the two side by side, the new one looks significantly different (more than I thought it would) and more realistic, which is nice. I currently have Luke's grappling hook connected to the hose from his chest, which isn't accurate but will have to do for now. I haven't seen these figures since then but I think collectors should largely be satisfied with these guys.

TheDarthVader
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I found a lone luke from this wave and bought him at a wal mart. I am still on the hunt too for every other figure in the wave.

jamesbondo07
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I was disappointed in the AT-AT driver. The one I found had a terrible paint job. Looks like someone picked part of it off and didn't give some areas a thick enough layer of paint. The legs on the figure are really off in length. I know some figure's legs aren't both the same length but the driver seems really bad.

Dark Marble
01-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I got this wave yesterday at Walmart. My 5 year old son was the one who found the concept snowtrooper and brought it over to me with a huge smile on his face. He was happy to help dad complete the wave.

Overall I am very happy with this set. I have always had a soft spot for the Bounty hunters and the new Luke is awesome. Only one more wave to go and then a big welcome rest until August for me.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I got this wave for Christmas and I must say it's pretty damn great. Even the AT-AT Driver is a nice upgrade to the 2006 one - when you compare the two side by side, the new one looks significantly different (more than I thought it would) and more realistic, which is nice. I currently have Luke's grappling hook connected to the hose from his chest, which isn't accurate but will have to do for now. I haven't seen these figures since then but I think collectors should largely be satisfied with these guys.I was just talking to a buddy about the Luke figure, and noticed that there's no way to properly attach the grappling gun to the figure. I went to the DVD and it looks like the gun's tether is supposed to attach to the belt, but the figure has no such attachment point. I like your idea, it's nearly the same spot, but it won't hold the figure up by itself due to the loose peghole connection on the hose. Also, another oddity about the gun, the grappling hook is all wrong, it's not a hook in the film.

I agree with you on the overall of this wave, I really like the AT-AT Driver and think the early criticisms are unfounded. The concept Joe Johnston Snowtrooper is a nifty toy even if it's not that SWsy. Even the R2-X2 I saw at Tycho's looked really sharp.

DarkArtist
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
still looking for R2-X2 and the Concept Snowtrooper. haven't seen this wave since the beginning of December. i hope it's not short packed... also need the second Bespin Wing Guard

TheDarthVader
01-05-2010, 12:37 AM
I have only found luke. I need all of the rest.

sonofsokol
01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
I have not seen the Empire wave at all here in Utah. I went to my usual Walmart yesterday and even checked the Plo Koon and Agen Kolar figs to make sure they didn't have the HK-50 part... no luck. The only thing that brings me relief is that they still have not released these on Hasbro Toy Shop... I check several times a day. I would think that there would be some slow mover from this wave remaining if I was just missing it, but I haven't seen anything...
Sorry for the whinning. I feel much better now

morpheus282
01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I've only seen the AT-AT driver around here. Everything else I've discovered was a repack.

DarkJedi5
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Also, another oddity about the gun, the grappling hook is all wrong, it's not a hook in the film.

I haven't got the figure but I recall that there's a projection out the end of the grappling hook that would point up if the tines of the hook are pointed down. If this is how the completed figure came out, I would assume that will be to plug into a BAT-AT (if we ever actually get one) while the rest of the grappling hook is so it's more fun than just the magnetic suction cup it appears to be in the film.

sonofsokol
01-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I went to a Walmart near my work that I don't normally go to. I was able to buy the Snowspeeder Luke, Willrow Hood, and the Snowtrooper. They had several of the repacked Jedi and Commanders Deviss and Bacara, but I passed on them. I guess all it took was some public whinning and voila! They also had remnants of the Phantom Menace wave which I haven't seen for a couple months anyway.

DarkArtist
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
finally found the last 2 figures of this wave today at Walmart in a completely different section of the isle away from the rest of the Star Wars stuff... picked up R2-X2 and 2 of the Concept Snowtrooper...

all that's left now if finding the Alien Bespin Wing Guard and the EU wave and then hopefully I'll be able to give SW and my wallet a rest for awhile

mtriv73
01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I guess I'm the last one left that hasn't seen this wave yet. I'm hoping HTS puts them up soon, but I'd rather find them in the wild. It should still ship for a while though, so I'm not worried yet.

JetsAndHeels
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
The only figure I need from this wave is the concept IG88. That has been the hardest one for me to find.

morpheus282
01-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I've actually ran across the concept IG-88 twice and passed on it. I think it looks more like a droid from Disney's Black Hole than Star Wars and I just can't get behind it.

Old Fossil
01-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I've actually ran across the concept IG-88 twice and passed on it. I think it looks more like a droid from Disney's Black Hole than Star Wars and I just can't get behind it.

"There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer: the Wills, the Won'ts, and the Can'ts. The Wills accomplish everything, the Won'ts oppose everything, and the Can'ts won't try anything." -- V.I.N.CENT

morpheus282
01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
"There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer: the Wills, the Won'ts, and the Can'ts. The Wills accomplish everything, the Won'ts oppose everything, and the Can'ts won't try anything." -- V.I.N.CENT

I don't mean to sound superior, but I hate the company of robots.

bigbarada
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I really like the AT-AT Driver and think the early criticisms are unfounded.

Well, based solely on your recommendation, I decided to give this figure the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, it's been a nearly impossible figure to find since I passed up that first one a few weeks ago. However, today I went to a small Walmart in Granite City and found one lone AT-AT Driver among tons of those 2 for 1 Legacy packs. It was the only remnant of the ESB wave in the store and it's probably because he has a black splotch of paint on the side of his helmet-face that I'm hoping I can carefully scrape off with an exacto knife.

I have him opened and he isn't really as bad as he looked before taking him off the bubble. I'll start with the bad:

1. sloppy paint apps on his helmet - the aforementioned splotch of black paint on his face and one of his eye-lenses is painted to look larger than the other. If they were both painted to match the smaller lens, then this helmet would look really good.

2. one leg is noticeably longer than the other - I'm not sure if this was deliberate or not, but he can't stand without looking like his hips are cocked in an almost feminine way.

3. Jangohead - :rolleyes: I'm tempted to paint the back of his neck black, then glue the helmet on over his head.

The good:

1. his helmet is finally properly proportioned to his body - meaning it is HUUUUGE, like it should be.

2. the helmet itself is made very thick so it doesn't succumb to warping.

3. his physique and stature is more screen accurate - he seems almost too skinny, but that's how they look in the movie.

4. articulation is greatly improved over previous versions - which was a given

The verdict: I actually like the figure more than I thought I would, he definitely looks better out of the package than he does on the card.

So, thanks JT for being so relentlessly picky about every other figure, so that when you actually compliment one it forces me to rethink my position. :D

Old Fossil
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
lol

Your servant, sir.

bigbarada
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM

Concept IG-88 is probably my favorite concept figure to date.:love:

TheDarthVader
01-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I have to agree with BigBarada. He is my favorite concept figure, and even perhaps my favorite figure in the whole legacy line!!!!! He just looks so cool. Totally 70s sci-fi looking. :love:

Old Fossil
01-05-2010, 09:08 PM
2. one leg is noticeably longer than the other - I'm not sure if this was deliberate or not, but he can't stand without looking like his hips are cocked in an almost feminine way.

You know, I seem to recall the POTF2 AT-AT Driver having somewhat the same problem. It had a permanent lean. Well, one of 'em did, anyway -- either the carded version, or the pack-in one with the AT-AT. I believe the two were slightly different, and one had a very slight lean in his stance, IIRC.

bigbarada
01-05-2010, 09:22 PM
You know, I seem to recall the POTF2 AT-AT Driver having somewhat the same problem. It had a permanent lean. Well, one of 'em did, anyway -- either the carded version, or the pack-in one with the AT-AT. I believe the two were slightly different, and one had a very slight lean in his stance, IIRC.

Yeah, I think it was the carded version, he was a little shorter than the AT-AT pack in AT-AT Driver as well.

The really encouraging thing about this new figure is that he can assume the "sitting behind the massive controls of the AT-AT" pose perfectly. I hope that's a good sign.

IIRC, I wasn't too thrilled with the 2006 AT-AT Driver when it first came out. It wasn't until I found one with a decent paint job on his helmet that I really fell in love with the figure. So, I'm thinking this version will continue to grow on me as well (especially if I can find another one with a really well-painted helmet).

DarkJedi5
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I guess I'm the last one left that hasn't seen this wave yet. I'm hoping HTS puts them up soon, but I'd rather find them in the wild. It should still ship for a while though, so I'm not worried yet.

You are not the only one, I haven't seen any of this wave at retail yet. In fact I haven't even seen the ROTS wave at retail yet. Sucks to be me.

The only figure I need from this wave is the concept IG88. That has been the hardest one for me to find.

I'm pretty sure the concept IG-88 is in the ROTS wave. The concept fig in the ESB wave is the snowtrooper. Unless what you mean is you are looking for the IG-88 droid repacked with and HK-50 part, in which case, never mind.

morpheus282
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I've only seen the AT-AT driver in the wild. Everything else I bought to get the HK-50 part was a repack of the ROTS wave. I'm on the hunt for R2-X2 and Zuckuss especially.

Snowtrooper
01-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I finally saw the new AT-AT driver that my brother had purchased and I'm pretty disappointed in it.

The one leg being shorter than the other really bothers me. It wasn't by just a little bit, but by almost the thickness of the boot. It makes it seem poorly made when compared to the TSC version, which stands up perfect.

The paint apps are the other problem. The details of the armor, breather pack, and helmet are all painted rather sloppily. You can especially tell it on the helmet, where the eyes weren't completely painted and the paint "spilled over" onto parts of the helmet that were meant to be white. In comparison, the TSC version has a very crisp paint job, at least on the ones I own.

I didn't hate it completley, though. The RH wasn't as squishy as I had feared, the sculpt details of the uniform are done pretty well, and I think the new version can be seated easier than the TSC version.

Maybe if I can find one with a good paint job, I might change my mind, but I'm definitely not impressed with the one I saw.

DarkArtist
01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
my finding the wave was sheer luck.. i almost completely passed by it last night. the only reason I spotted it was because I was looking to see if they had got any new Marvel Universe stuff.

i imagine this wave will soon be coming out in full force within the coming weeks and hopefully shipping with the EU wave as well.

JediTricks
01-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I haven't got the figure but I recall that there's a projection out the end of the grappling hook that would point up if the tines of the hook are pointed down. If this is how the completed figure came out, I would assume that will be to plug into a BAT-AT (if we ever actually get one) while the rest of the grappling hook is so it's more fun than just the magnetic suction cup it appears to be in the film.The projection on the movie gun is a magnetic cylinder, basically it's a wide soup can-looking implement. The toy is literally a standard grappling hook, and it won't work on ANYTHING because the string is only dummied so it looks like it's coming out of the barrel, not attached to anything.

I've actually ran across the concept IG-88 twice and passed on it. I think it looks more like a droid from Disney's Black Hole than Star Wars and I just can't get behind it.It does, but I like the figure. It's also the only concept figure this year that is McQuarrie-derived, the Snowtrooper is Joe Johnston.

Well, based solely on your recommendation, I decided to give this figure the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, it's been a nearly impossible figure to find since I passed up that first one a few weeks ago. However, today I went to a small Walmart in Granite City and found one lone AT-AT Driver among tons of those 2 for 1 Legacy packs. It was the only remnant of the ESB wave in the store and it's probably because he has a black splotch of paint on the side of his helmet-face that I'm hoping I can carefully scrape off with an exacto knife.

I have him opened and he isn't really as bad as he looked before taking him off the bubble. I'll start with the bad:

1. sloppy paint apps on his helmet - the aforementioned splotch of black paint on his face and one of his eye-lenses is painted to look larger than the other. If they were both painted to match the smaller lens, then this helmet would look really good.

3. Jangohead - :rolleyes: I'm tempted to paint the back of his neck black, then glue the helmet on over his head.

The good:

1. his helmet is finally properly proportioned to his body - meaning it is HUUUUGE, like it should be.

2. the helmet itself is made very thick so it doesn't succumb to warping.

3. his physique and stature is more screen accurate - he seems almost too skinny, but that's how they look in the movie.

4. articulation is greatly improved over previous versions - which was a given

The verdict: I actually like the figure more than I thought I would, he definitely looks better out of the package than he does on the card.

So, thanks JT for being so relentlessly picky about every other figure, so that when you actually compliment one it forces me to rethink my position. :DGlad to hear I steered you right on this one then, sucks about the funky paint probs yours has though.

I haven't noticed this leg length thing, I've heard it several times so far. But sure enough, you're right, the left leg is longer on mine as well. I think I didn't notice before because there's so much usable articulation that it's easy to compensate for it.

I'm surprised you don't at least dig the Jangohead's '70s sideburns. :p

As picky as I was in my comments on the figures, I actually gave the whole wave positive marks. But the AT-AT Driver blew me away, less nits to pick on it. Speaking of nitpicks, they even painted the "mouth dots" on the helmet right, one is silver and the other is red. (Burl Ives?)

I'm pretty sure the concept IG-88 is in the ROTS wave. The concept fig in the ESB wave is the snowtrooper. You are correct.

The one leg being shorter than the other really bothers me. It wasn't by just a little bit, but by almost the thickness of the boot. It makes it seem poorly made when compared to the TSC version, which stands up perfect.Mine is not so different, no more than the thickness of the sole of the boot. Also, mine stands like a champ, better than the TSC version. All I have to do is hold the upper body and plant him, a slight twist and the legs and torso self-adjust to perfect standing - this is what I do with most of my figures.

The paint apps are the other problem. The details of the armor, breather pack, and helmet are all painted rather sloppily. You can especially tell it on the helmet, where the eyes weren't completely painted and the paint "spilled over" onto parts of the helmet that were meant to be white. In comparison, the TSC version has a very crisp paint job, at least on the ones I own.The paint on mine is super crisp, sorry to hear 2 folks here have this problem, sounds like a batch issue. There's a datestamp on the instep of the left foot, what's both yours and BB's read? Mine is 92641: 2009, the week starting with day 264, shift 1. That's the week of September 21st.

morpheus282
01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
It does, but I like the figure. It's also the only concept figure this year that is McQuarrie-derived, the Snowtrooper is Joe Johnston.

I'm not too crazy about the other concept figures this year either.

JetsAndHeels
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm pretty sure the concept IG-88 is in the ROTS wave. The concept fig in the ESB wave is the snowtrooper. Unless what you mean is you are looking for the IG-88 droid repacked with and HK-50 part, in which case, never mind.

My bad. In that case, I have completed the Empire wave.

Crap, I still can't find that concept IG-88 though. :)

JediTricks
01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I like the Snowtrooper as a toy, it's a cool figure. It just doesn't say "Star Wars" to me in any capacity, reminds me more of something from GI Joe, an arctic Cobra samurai or something. The Anakin looked ridiculous though, I gave that one the business in the Year in Review, and Ki-Adi-Mundi the Pirate offered nothing.

Tycho
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
I want more Wilrow Hoods for my diorama of the Bespin-Robbers Coffee Freezing Chamber.

pbarnard
01-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Why is it the figures I want come with droids I don't, and vice versa?

sonofsokol
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I feel like I always end up with right legs for some reason... weird.

I found more Empire wave today at Walmart. Now all I need is the AT-AT driver to complete the droid

Ji'dai
01-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I found this wave today in its entirety, finally. I had to do some searching for the Concept Snowtrooper. As I was leaving the toy section I happened to glance at an endcap full of Hot Wheels. There on the bottom shelf, hidden under the last row of those die cast toy cars was what looked like an action figure blister. I pulled it out and sure enough, it was a Concept Snowtrooper. There was also an AT-AT Driver down there too.

I ended up only buying Zuckuss, R2-X2, and the Concept Snowtrooper from the wave. (I'd found and bought Willrow Hood last week). The Luke I saw had weird eye syndrome and I wasn't impressed with the paint on the black Bespin Guards. I still couldn't bring myself to get a jango-headed AT-AT Driver or Snowtrooper.

On another note, Willrow Hood won't hold his ice cream maker under his arm like in the cardback photo. I used one of those clear rubber bands they use to hold the figures in the blister to attach the thing to his arm and voilą - he holds his prized appliance like a champ.

Speaking of nitpicks, they even painted the "mouth dots" on the helmet right, one is silver and the other is red. (Burl Ives?) And here I thought that was a mistake. I saw two of these today and noticed that the mouth dots were different colors so I put 'em back. IIRC, the character portrait on the front of the card doesn't have this detail so I thought maybe the painters added something they shouldn't have.

Snowtrooper
01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
The paint on mine is super crisp, sorry to hear 2 folks here have this problem, sounds like a batch issue. There's a datestamp on the instep of the left foot, what's both yours and BB's read? Mine is 92641: 2009, the week starting with day 264, shift 1. That's the week of September 21st.

The figure was my brothers(I haven't seen the Empire wave yet), so I don't know what the number was. I hope its just a batch issue. AT-AT drivers are one of my favorite troopers.

sebillba
01-07-2010, 01:17 AM
But the AT-AT Driver blew me away, less nits to pick on it. Speaking of nitpicks, they even painted the "mouth dots" on the helmet right, one is silver and the other is red.

I was pretty sure the Saga version also had this detal, as I remember thinking it was a mistake on mine when I first got it. I don't have it to hand, so I checked RS, and sure enough:

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2atatdriver.asp

And it also looks like they got it right with the original POTF2 releases:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/toys/potfatatdriverfront.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/toys/potfatatdrivercardedhead.jpg

tagmac
01-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Finally found this wave at WM this morning. Looked like they had put out about three cases of them. Picked up one each of Luke, Zuckuss, Willrow, and the Bespin Guard. Left the At-At Driver and Snowtrooper, as I have enough of them, nor did I need another astromech in R2-X2. Interestingly, they had no Concept Snowtroopers on the pegs. None of these are shortpacked (like the McQuarrie figs were), so I have to assume someone bought all three of him and none of the others. Funny, I didn't think he was that popular. Gonnas have to keep looking, or wait for HTS to get one, I guess.

gba88
01-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Has anyone ever found this wave at a store other than WM yet?

JediTricks
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Why is it the figures I want come with droids I don't, and vice versa?

I feel like I always end up with right legs for some reason... weird.I was having a discussion with Tycho about this last month, I ended up trading him for more of his astromech legs because all I had were left legs. It seems like Hasbro, whether conscious of it or not, has been putting certain parts with characters that will appeal to certain collectors. For my frankendroids, I just flip the extra left legs around, the only main difference is the wires on the foot.

And here I thought that was a mistake. I saw two of these today and noticed that the mouth dots were different colors so I put 'em back. IIRC, the character portrait on the front of the card doesn't have this detail so I thought maybe the painters added something they shouldn't have.The card art on the front has a black dot instead of a red one, but I think that's a mistake on Hasbro's part. They are doing so many weird things with these card photos for this line. Here it is on the actual costume from the movie:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pilot3.jpg

I was pretty sure the Saga version also had this detal, as I remember thinking it was a mistake on mine when I first got it. I don't have it to hand, so I checked RS, and sure enough:

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2atatdriver.asp

And it also looks like they got it right with the original POTF2 releases:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/toys/potfatatdriverfront.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/toys/potfatatdrivercardedhead.jpgWow, I didn't know Hasbro had gotten this right that far back. Good find.

DarkArtist
01-08-2010, 09:32 AM
i went back yesterday to see if any more were on the pegs from Monday but no dice...all they had left were re-packs of the ROTS line with HK-50 parts and one lone Snowtrooper.

morpheus282
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
i went back yesterday to see if any more were on the pegs from Monday but no dice...all they had left were re-packs of the ROTS line with HK-50 parts and one lone Snowtrooper.

I'll bet there were plenty of CW and Legends on the pegs though.

tagmac
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
I did the same at my Walmart both yesterday afternoon and this morning. Yesterday, when I ereturned, all the Willrow's and Zuckusses were gone, but a Luke, Bespin Guard & Snowtrooper remained. There were also one each of R2-X2 and the At-At Driver left, which I broke down and bought to complete my BAD.

This morning, all that was left was the Snowtrooper and the Guard. Of course, the Clone Commander, Agen Kolar, and other repacks from the case remained as well. No sign of the Concept Snowtrooper, which I thought at first had simply blended in with the Clone Wars figures when I found everything else yesterday morning. I'm convinced it either never made it to the floor, or someone bought a whole set, plus all of the troopers. It still seems odd to me, as I didn't think it was such a popular figure, especially considering it looks awful when compared to the McQuarrie concept version.

Old Fossil
01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
SO I bought an AT-AT Driver to open, based off the positive reviews I've seen here. I had one already but kept it carded, it being the version with the helmet off in the bubble; this one has the helmet on, and I opened it up.

I really wanted to like this figure, as I've always been a big fan of the AT-AT Driver since the vintage days, when I had an AT-AT Driver that had to do double duty as the Empire's generic trooper in my little collection. I army-built the Saga version, which I fell in love with, to the tune of about 15 AT-AT Drivers.

The Legacy Driver is not bad, but it is not an improvement on the Saga version. Unless, that is, you count screen accuracy, and I believe this helmet is more screen-accurate than the Saga Driver. But I find that I actually prefer the more aesthetically pleasing Saga version, which while probably more sinuous than the actual prop, looks very cool and menacing. The Legacy version is comically bulky, has a kind of "sad sack" expression, and restricts the range of movement of his head. The Saga version, having a ball-jointed head with a non-removable helmet, has a much, much wider range of movement, making it incredibly expressive for an Imperial trooper. I will say that the plastic hoses on the Legacy version seem to be of softer plastic than the Saga version, which work better.

I find the Legacy Driver body, while having greater articulation (including torso), is not particularly more poseable than the Saga Driver's. I used to set up small assault dioramas with my AT-AT Drivers, as they had a wide range of movement (even with the swivel joints!) that gave them a realism even the Snowtrooper and Biker Scout figures can't quite attain. The Saga version also seems more solid, again possibly due to a firmer plastic used that wasn't great for his air hoses. The Legacy Driver just feels more flimsy, and he got chicken legs.lol

I also will admit that I like the sideburned Jango head, even with the stupid red-eye syndrome, though I don't like that you can see his bare neck while the helmet is on.

So I guess I'm glad I got this one, at least for the HK-50 torso, and for the fact that his helmet is removable, which will look well alongside a Snowtrooper with his helmet off. But I will not be army-building it, and will continue to enjoy the Saga AT-AT Driver, which is IMO the superior figure.

bigbarada
01-09-2010, 10:33 PM
though I don't like that you can see his bare neck while the helmet is on.

I would have preferred it if they had sculpted his head with that black sock that goes over it, just like the TAC Stormtrooper

DarkArtist
01-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I'll bet there were plenty of CW and Legends on the pegs though.

true but my walmart has been overstocked on those lines for months now. it's very annoying. I still have blue carded Clone Wars and Legacy on the pegs.

now if only my walmart would put out 2 cases of the EU wave I would be set. I want about 10 of the Phase 1 Dark Trooper and around 3 of the Space Trooper

sebillba
01-10-2010, 03:01 PM
RS are updating their photo archive for this wave, and for the Luke figure, they've posted a comparison pic of four different Lukes in snowspeeder gear: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Basic/BD51LukeSnow/LC-2303.jpg Where does the figure 2nd from the left come from? I don't remember it at all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-10-2010, 04:19 PM
RS are updating their photo archive for this wave, and for the Luke figure, they've posted a comparison pic of four different Lukes in snowspeeder gear: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Basic/BD51LukeSnow/LC-2303.jpg Where does the figure 2nd from the left come from? I don't remember it at all.
Was that the Titanium version?

JediTricks
01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah, that's the Titanium Forged Figure.

Dude, I had no idea that Luke made from the Zev figure would be so damned tall.

sith_killer_99
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Well, I found this wave at Wal-Mart last night, being a huge "Bounty Hunter" and "Imperial" fan I got the Zuckuss and AT-AT Driver. I would like to buy the whole wave, but I wasn't ready to plop down $50.00 for all of 'em.:upset:

morpheus282
01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
now if only my walmart would put out 2 cases of the EU wave I would be set. I want about 10 of the Phase 1 Dark Trooper and around 3 of the Space Trooper

Two cases would only get you two of each of those figures. I'm just hoping to come across one of each of the EU figures.

Old Fossil
01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Well, I found this wave at Wal-Mart last night, being a huge "Bounty Hunter" and "Imperial" fan I got the Zuckuss and AT-AT Driver. I would like to buy the whole wave, but I wasn't ready to plop down $50.00 for all of 'em.:upset:

You're gettin' pulled back in, my friend!:yes:

Do you like the Zuckuss? I think it's a pretty good figure. The coloring seems a little too brown to me, but otherwise it's a stellar improvement over the old POTF2 version, IMO.

DarkArtist
01-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Two cases would only get you two of each of those figures. I'm just hoping to come across one of each of the EU figures.

true 2 cases would only get me two of each of the troopers but i figured that if they at least put out 2 cases at a clip then perhaps I would stand a better chance of getting all the figures in one shot and then trying to army build the Dark & Space Troopers. sorry my line of logic rarely makes sense at times.

TheDarthVader
01-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I found an AT-AT driver and Zuckuss at a Wal Mart. Now I need concept snowtrooper, snowtrooper, r2-x2, and willrow. :D I think the new Zuckuss rocks! I love the soft goods and his mask is just plain cool. :cool:

Jabbapalacespy
01-11-2010, 09:18 AM
They finally have the complete wave at my Walmart. Picked up R2-X2 and Luke. Not sure how Luke's grappling gun is supposed to attach to him. I've been wanting to get R2-X2 ever since it came out in the astromech pack. Not sure why it's in the Empire wave when it is actually from ANH. Whatever. At least I have it now. That completes my "must haves" from this wave. Got most of what I want from the other waves except the new Jawa and droid.

Dark Marble
01-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Is anyone else having a bad time trying to get the Bespin Wing Guards hat to stay on? Mine does not fit very well and almost want to fall off when the figure is just standing around. :upset:

bigbarada
01-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Is anyone else having a bad time trying to get the Bespin Wing Guards hat to stay on? Mine does not fit very well and almost want to fall off when the figure is just standing around. :upset:

Mine barely stays on his head and it always sits high. When I try pressing it down to fit properly, then it launches itself off the figure's head.

Maybe it's an action feature? "Bespin Wing Guard with Hat-Firing Action!" :rolleyes:

I'm actually going to try sticking it in boiling water, then pressing it onto the head when it's still hot. If that doesn't work, then I'm breaking out the Krazy Glue.

mtriv73
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I finally found all but the concept snowtrooper. I got doubles of R2-X2, Zuckuss, and Luke Snowspeeder. I'm as happy with this wave as I was with the ROTJ wave. Overall, I think these are my 2 favorite waves Hasbro has put out.

Tycho
01-11-2010, 02:14 PM
BigBarada, please post on your success story with the Bespin Guard's hat.

I'd like to hear how successful your plan was, or not.

Also, can you aim the firing hat feature so it will hit invading stormtroopers? I may not want to alter mine in that event. Who was that James Bond villain that threw his hat with lethal precision?

pbarnard
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
BigBarada, please post on your success story with the Bespin Guard's hat.

I'd like to hear how successful your plan was, or not.

Also, can you aim the firing hat feature so it will hit invading stormtroopers? I may not want to alter mine in that event. Who was that James Bond villain that threw his hat with lethal precision?

Oddjob (sp) from Goldfinger. He had an electric personality. :thumbsup:

Old Fossil
01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I bought R2-X2 today, after passing on it three different times. I figured it was now or never. I was thus able to finish HK-50.

R2-X2 is pretty good. I'd gotten the other "black" one off Ebay a few years back, and loved it. This one isn't really much of an improvement, unless it is that it is more film-accurate, I guess (though the dome is not quite right, as any reference to the cardback photo will show); and the lines on the dome are less blurry on this newer one. Both versions are really, really nice, IMO.

morpheus282
01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
true 2 cases would only get me two of each of the troopers but i figured that if they at least put out 2 cases at a clip then perhaps I would stand a better chance of getting all the figures in one shot and then trying to army build the Dark & Space Troopers. sorry my line of logic rarely makes sense at times.

You should hear my logic sometimes.

sith_killer_99
01-12-2010, 09:27 PM
You're gettin' pulled back in, my friend!:yes:

Do you like the Zuckuss? I think it's a pretty good figure. The coloring seems a little too brown to me, but otherwise it's a stellar improvement over the old POTF2 version, IMO.

Well, I could probably NEVER quite fully. There are certain figures I just can't seem to pass up, especially when it is a big improvement over the older version of the figure.

I am a bounty hunter fan all the way. In fact the ONLY mini Unleashed figures I purchased were the bounty hunters.

I am VERY impressed with the figure, yeah the color scheme sucks, but it is true to the film, so it is what it is. Excellent likeness, excellent articulation, great paint application, soft goods dress hehehe.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I bought R2-X2 today, after passing on it three different times. I figured it was now or never. I was thus able to finish HK-50.

R2-X2 is pretty good. I'd gotten the other "black" one off Ebay a few years back, and loved it. This one isn't really much of an improvement, unless it is that it is more film-accurate, I guess (though the dome is not quite right, as any reference to the cardback photo will show); and the lines on the dome are less blurry on this newer one. Both versions are really, really nice, IMO.HK-50 doesn't need R2-X2 to be finished, that figure has an extra part, the same one as the Concept Snowtrooper. But it's cool you finished your BAD, and R2-X2 looks pretty sharp.

The movie has 2 colors for this droid, this green one and a second scene with a black one, I believe.

mtriv73
01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
The movie has 2 colors for this droid, this green one and a second scene with a black one, I believe.

Black is on the Tantive IV leading the captured rebels away (I always assumed he was a captured droid, but the R4 was said to be an Imperial droid.) The green one is in the hangar and briefing on Yavin.

Old Fossil
01-13-2010, 04:08 PM

That's cool, I didn't know that at all.

Black is on the Tantive IV leading the captured rebels away (I always assumed he was a captured droid, but the R4 was said to be an Imperial droid.) The green one is in the hangar and briefing on Yavin.

Are you sure? I thought the droid on the Tantive IV was R2-Q2.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah, the one on the Tantive IV is R2-Q2, which is Biggs' droid (or looks exactly like it). R2-X2 looks black in the briefing (he's right behind R2-D2) but green in the hangar. On his cardback, he looks green in the briefing, so I'm not sure about any of it. (Both figures look good, though, and that's all I really care about.)

Old Fossil
01-13-2010, 06:13 PM
R2-X2 is my third favorite astromech of all time (due to his striking coloration), after R2-D2 and R5-D4 (or "Skippy, the Jedi Droid").

Tycho
01-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I love R5-D4 - he's the only astromech in my collection who can fire a giant proton torpedo and single-handedly take out the Death Star!

Old Fossil
01-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I love R5-D4 - he's the only astromech in my collection who can fire a giant proton torpedo and single-handedly take out the Death Star!

I was vaccuuming at work one night about a week ago, when it sucked up something that got jammed, causing it to whine loudly. My co-workers looked up. I switched it off and said, "Uncle Owen! This R2 unit has a bad motivator!" They all laughed.

(We're all dorks at my place of employment.:D)

mtriv73
01-14-2010, 08:21 AM
That's cool, I didn't know that at all.

Are you sure? I thought the droid on the Tantive IV was R2-Q2.

My bad, you're right. I guess I need to watch the movies more often. I remebered making customs of both before the EE sets came out and got confused about where my source pictures came from.

TheDarthVader
01-14-2010, 02:42 PM
R2-Q2 is one spectacular looking droid. He ranks up there in my top five astro droids. I am still hunting for four figures from this wave...the hunt continues.........r2-x2, concept snowtrooper, willrow, and a snowtrooper.

Old Fossil
01-14-2010, 03:03 PM
R2-Q2 is one spectacular looking droid. He ranks up there in my top five astro droids. I am still hunting for four figures from this wave...the hunt continues.........r2-x2, concept snowtrooper, willrow, and a snowtrooper.

My Wal-Mart has restocked this wave twice this week, once since they reset their modulars three days ago. I haven't seen it at either Target or TRU.

Hope that helps focus your search, somewhat.:thumbsup:

mtriv73
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I saw R2-X2, luke snowspeeder, zuckuss, Bespin guard, and VOTC hoth stormtrooper at a WM the other day and bought the first 3. That's the only time I've seen them. I guess someone beat me to the ICMG and Concept hoth stormy. I really want a couple ICMG's. One to keep carded and one to open and play with. He's destined to be my new favorite figure.

Old Fossil
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
He's destined to be my new favorite figure.

Any idea why?

mtriv73
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
For the same reason I really like the Taun-Taun sleeping bag I bought for my son: the sheer novelty factor. Of all the characters in the movies, I would have guessed him one of the least likely to ever be made. Now, years after I (and many others) signed the petition to get him produced in plastic form, he's finally here. Plus, I can stick a helmet on him, throw him in an X-wing and pretend he's a rebel pilot with his Ice cream maker as a mini astromech droid.

The fact that I've been in the lab for 12 hours now might have something to do with it too.

Snowtrooper
01-17-2010, 03:45 PM
I finally snagged part of this wave at WM yesterday. I picked up AT-AT driver, Zuckuss, Bespin Guard, Wilrow Hood, and a snowtrooper.

AT-AT Driver- This one looks better than the one my brother had, but still the paint job is less than stellar. A good paint job would go a long ways on this figure. I like the color of the imperial symbol on the headgear better than the TSC version.

Zuckuss-Maybe a little too brown, but it still looks pretty good. I prefer the look of the cloak on the POTF2 version too, but the SG is just fine on this version.

Wilrow Hood-Its nicely sculpted and articulated, but its still a rather boring background human.

Bespin Guard-Its nice for what it is. Nice sculpting details on the uniform along with a good paint job. I like the night stick that comes with it. I don't have it out of the package yet, so I don't know if the hat stays on well or not. Hopefully the second version will get out to us somehow.

Edit: I opened up the AT-AT Driver and its not too bad. For one thing, it stands perfectly level, no one leg being longer than the other. The torso joint also seems reasonably tight compared to the other one I saw. I still prefer the "sinister" look of the TSC version, but I think I'll change my disappointed evaluation to decent.

JT the number on the instep is 92161, so its an older version than the one you have.

pbarnard
01-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Just found today. Only Zuckuss and the Bespin Guard (black) left along with the repacks.

Tycho
01-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I got another Wilrow Hood. I left a Zuckuss behind at one Wal-Mart and a Luke Snowspeeder at another. Oh, and they had the Snowtrooper repack with the new wave.

The only other figure I wanted was a 2nd black Bespin Guard, but I didn't find him.

I still want 6 more ICMGs for my Baskin-Robbins diorama.

TheDarthVader
01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
I got another Wilrow Hood. I left a Zuckuss behind at one Wal-Mart and a Luke Snowspeeder at another. Oh, and they had the Snowtrooper repack with the new wave.

The only other figure I wanted was a 2nd black Bespin Guard, but I didn't find him.

I still want 6 more ICMGs for my Baskin-Robbins diorama.

I would love to see a picture of your baskin-robbins diorama when it is completed. please.

bigbarada
01-18-2010, 11:02 PM
The ESB wave finally made another appearance here so I picked up another AT-AT Driver. This one has much better paint applications than the first one I bought and I can definitely see why people like him so much.

Tycho
01-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I would love to see a picture of your baskin-robbins diorama when it is completed. please.

Well, you see it's an off-camera scene from SOTE.

I figured that Baskin-Robbins would be a good place for Chewie and Lando to begin looking for a frozen Han Solo!

If Wilrow Hood was an experieced Ice Cream Maker Guy, it would make sense for the Rebels to clone him and put him into position there to deal with frozen goods in case Boba Fett showed up to make a delivery :yes:

This makes perfect sense, right?

El Chuxter
01-31-2010, 08:51 PM
I saw this wave exactly once, at a WM way over in Shelby, NC. I couldn't get them, since there's no way I had room in my luggage (and, since it was all carry-on, didn't want some overly anal security officer saying I couldn't have inch-long toy guns). I've not seen any sign of it in California. At all. :(

DarkJedi5
01-31-2010, 08:53 PM
I saw this wave exactly once, at a WM way over in Shelby, NC. I couldn't get them, since there's no way I had room in my luggage (and, since it was all carry-on, didn't want some overly anal security officer saying I couldn't have inch-long toy guns). I've not seen any sign of it in California. At all. :(

I know! I made a run today and it was all Legends, CW and the Phantom Menace wave in my area. It's starting to get really frustrating.

sonofsokol
01-31-2010, 11:35 PM

I know! I made a run today and it was all Legends, CW and the Phantom Menace wave in my area. It's starting to get really frustrating.

I actually saw this wave at Toys R Us on Friday, which is the first time I'd seen it anywhere other than Walmart. They had everyone except the AT-AT driver which is the only one I need...

I'd be happy to ship figures to either of you if there are any that I can find here. PM me with a list and I can take a look for you.

El Chuxter
01-31-2010, 11:53 PM
I think I should be pretty safe. The local WM doesn't appear to have restocked in over a month, and has tons of empty pegs, so I expect they'll show up eventually. I want two AT-AT Drivers for a project I have in the planning stages, so that's the only one I'm biting my nails about. (I think he's going to go even faster now that the AT-AT is confirmed and most likely won't include a figure, or at least not more than one.)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2010, 12:17 AM
I also saw some of this wave at a TRU the other day, which was the first time since I got them as Christmas presents.

figrin bran
02-01-2010, 12:33 AM
California sighting right here!

I found Luke, Bespin Guard and Wilrow at TRU last Friday. That was the first time I've seen this wave, incidentally.

gba88
02-01-2010, 10:13 AM
local wm finally put out about 3 or 4 cases of this wave between friday and sunday. So nice to finally see the luke at retail and not scalper prices.

So, when will the other bespin guard be coming?

sonofsokol
02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I believe that he will be in the the final legacy wave (the EU wave) that is due out in March.

morpheus282
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Ran across the Luke over the weekend and picked him up. Saw a couple of repacks at that WM and a couple of Willrows at another WM. Still haven't seen many of the other figures in the wild. I'm hoping to grab at least one AT-AT driver and maybe a couple of snowtroopers. Ended up getting Zuckuss off eBay for a resonable price but still looking for R2-X2.

The second Bespin guard will ship with the EU wave. I have a case of that wave on pre-order but have no interest in the guard.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Also, the most recent Entertainment Earth catalog listed a revision case of this wave. It included Luke, the AT-AT Driver, the Bespin Guard, and Zuckuss, but not Willrow, the concept Snowtrooper, or R2-X2. I thought that was interesting, but probably a good move on their part. I'm not 100% sure if this is actually coming, but there you go; there might be some more chances to pick up most of the figures from the wave.

sonofsokol
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
On their website, EE lists the following as wave 12 revision 1 (changes in bold)

1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I)
1x Gungan Warrior with horn
1x Luke Skywalker (Death Star II/Jedi Knight)
1x Snowtrooper
1x Stormtrooper
1x Bespin Wing Guard
1x Imperial Scanning Crew Technician
1x Zuckuss
1x AT-AT Driver
1x Plo Koon with removable facemask
1x Commander Cody
1x Luke Skywalker in Snowspeeder Pilot Outfit

Of course, this is subject to change...

That means they are removing the repacks of Agen Kolar, Deviss, and Bacara in addition to Willrow, R2-X2, and the Concept Snowtrooper like JJL pointed out. Too bad they didn't take Plo Koon out in this revision.;)

This means that the replacement repacks should have the following HK-50 parts: right arm (from Willrow and Kolar), right leg (from Concept Snowtrooper and R2-X2)), head (from Deviss), and torso (from Bacara). No word there on who will have what, but its another chance to get some HK-50 parts anyway.

Tycho
02-02-2010, 05:08 AM
Sucks because I need 6 more Wilrow Hood action figures or my diorama of Baskin-Robbins will never be complete.

sebillba
02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Seems a very long time coming, but I finally got notice today that my ESB wave has been shipped, so I should get them in the next day or two. Can't say I'm hugely excited about any of them, but it will feel good to be caught up.

jamesbondo07
02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Looks like the WalMart in my area got several cases of this wave in yesterday. I finally was able to pick the last two figures I needed. The concept snowtrooper and zuckuss.

needmore_niko
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
I just got back into collecting SW figures last month after taking several years off. My 3 year old son is getting into star wars and getting me back into it as well! I really like the new packaging and figures a lot. Anyways, I live in Atlanta and still have not seen any of the ESB figures at my two local Wal Marts. Still a ton of Legends and Clones figures on the racks. I have a few questions, if you can help me out, I would appreciate it!

1) Is it still possible that my Wal Marts still haven't stocked any ESB figures. Do they just sit on the figures sometimes until the racks become empty or do they finally pull old figures off the shelves?

2) Does anyone know the next waves to hit Target stores? I have been seeing mostly CW, Legends, Return of the Jedi Wave, and Phantom Menace the last few weeks.

2) I'm still looking for a 2009 Boba Fett legacy figure. Any chances there could still be any in stores or is that one long gone? I've checked six targets, a TRU and two WMs in the last three weeks - nada.

bigbarada
02-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Sucks because I need 6 more Wilrow Hood action figures or my diorama of Baskin-Robbins will never be complete.

I've got one that we can work out a deal for. I did my part and bought him at the store, but I never said that I was planning to keep him.

Snowtrooper
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I just got back into collecting SW figures last month after taking several years off. My 3 year old son is getting into star wars and getting me back into it as well! I really like the new packaging and figures a lot. Anyways, I live in Atlanta and still have not seen any of the ESB figures at my two local Wal Marts. Still a ton of Legends and Clones figures on the racks. I have a few questions, if you can help me out, I would appreciate it!

1) Is it still possible that my Wal Marts still haven't stocked any ESB figures. Do they just sit on the figures sometimes until the racks become empty or do they finally pull old figures off the shelves?

2) Does anyone know the next waves to hit Target stores? I have been seeing mostly CW, Legends, Return of the Jedi Wave, and Phantom Menace the last few weeks.

2) I'm still looking for a 2009 Boba Fett legacy figure. Any chances there could still be any in stores or is that one long gone? I've checked six targets, a TRU and two WMs in the last three weeks - nada.

Its a real crap shoot when it comes to how stores stock SW items. Some WMs are still packed with CW and Legends with no room for more figures. Hasbro has gone around and removed some of the major pegwarmers from certain WMs, but not all of them. So if your lucky, they might remove them to make way for new figures. They will also put them on an endcap if the regular pegs are full, which was how I found part of the ESB wave.

Target can have the pegs darn near empty and still not get any new stock in for a long time, or at least thats how our Target operates.

The Boba Fett figure could still show up yet, but who knows with how spotty restocking figures has become lately. I'd suggest looking online if you really want it.

TheDarthVader
02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
I ordered my boba fett from hasbro toy shop, but they are currently sold out of him along with most every other legacy/BAD figure. :rolleyes:

Tycho
02-06-2010, 12:25 PM
TheDarthVader: If you don't have your Fett already, I'm sure you'll get him from HTS if they accepted your order.

First: welcome to the boards.

They're stocking them. Should have hit every store by now. They will be slow to trickle in for a while because of back stock. Mostly blame Plo Koon and SaeSee Tiin for that. But since they aren't ordering a lot, almost an entire case is going to sell to the first customer who stumbles upon them. If they're getting figures for a friend or a carded+loose collection - there you go - it's only enough for 1 customer. I suspect sales of the ESB wave will slow down and they'll eventually settle down on the pegs by June if not sooner.

Target should get the ESB wave. That will be all for Legacy until August or September. However, that means that the ESB wave will eventually be easier to find. The last wave: Expanded Universe, will be a Toys R Us exclusive wave - but one which I suspect will be regularly stocked until August or September because Hasbro has to sell out enough to profit from the costs put into their tooling. And see how Terminator and Star Trek (and even Indiana Jones figures) are still in Toys R Us? So will it be with the EU wave.

I've seen him on the pegs here. I forget what store. Toys R Us I think. Yeah - pretty sure. There's only 1 or 2 Fett figures around at any given time though. Also I think I've seen him at K-mart / Sears Essentials.

morpheus282
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
My wife just called, she's picking up R2-X2 along with an AT-AT driver and a snowtrooper at the local Target. She said there's plenty of Legacy figures on the pegs right now. Odd that they finally start showing up after Hasbro has proclaimed dismal sales on the line.

As I've said many times before, if they'd get the figures on the shelves they'd see increased sales on the line. Wonder what it would take to drive that through the skulls of Hasbro and the retailers?

morpheus282
02-06-2010, 05:09 PM
R2-X2 is much greener than I thought he was going to be. I figured he's be a really dark, almost black color. Instead he looks more like a forrest green. Don't remember him being that color in the movie.

Something else that just occured to me - why is R2-X2 in the ESB wave when he got blown up three years prior at the battle of Yavin?

El Chuxter
02-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Finally found half the wave yesterday. Willrow and Zuckuss were no surprised, but what I did find odd is that the third figure was R2-X2 and not Luke.

needmore_niko
02-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks, Snowtrooper and Tycho. Sounds like I just need to be patient. I was considering driving out to other Wal Marts in the Atlanta region, but will just keep checking my local WM and Target. It sounds like ESB will be one of the last waves until the new line of figures come out in the fall. The Target closest to my house seems to be selling SW figures pretty quickly (compared to other stores) and last Thursday there were only maybe 7 to 8 figures left. They have space for somewhere near 70-80. They need to fill it with something!

pbarnard
02-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Snowspeeder Luke is the best luke ever......(Hasbro wise, of course)

Saw this entire wave at Walmart today, except for Zuckuss.

Picked up Snowspeeder Luke, since he was the only figure from this wave that I was interested in. He looks awesome! :thumbsup: My only complaints are that his hands are oddly positioned so you can't really pose him doing anything but holding the harpoon gun (which won't really be a complaint once we get a BAT-AT to attach him to) and there is no ignited saber included. Also, even though there is a peg to "hook" his saber hilt onto his belt, I can't find a hole in his belt to actually attach the saber to. His harpoon gun is pretty cool, the harpoon is removable and I'm glad that Hasbro resisted the urge to pack him with a giant, spring-loaded harpoon gun. He also comes with what appears to be a sawed-off shotgun which I don't remember ever seeing before, but he looks pretty bad-arse when holding it. :cool:

Decided to pick up Snowspeeder Luke because of the next FFURG Casting call for dio shots of ESB (the current casting call is making OT characters in Clone Wars style).

I disagree, this is at best an AVERAGE figure because of the lightsaber issue. The lack of a bladed one, not that I don't have a dozen or so that could work, as well as not being able to place the unignited one on his belt so he can actually use the harppon gun to fire really dings him down to just another Evo Snowspeeder Pilot, which aren't bad figures but aren't that special either. The odd hand position of the right hand doesn't help him either. I may not get it or see the same things because I also think that the DSII Luke from the RotJ wave isn't as bad outside of the narrowing hips issue. Overall, it is a vast imiprovement over the Zev and PotF2 based versions and worht the pick up.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Finally had some luck and found most of this wave yesterday at Target. I got Bacara, Bespin Guard, Luke, Zuckuss and AT-AT Driver. They had Willrow Hood, but I already had him. No Concept Snowtrooper or R2-X2 yet, and still no sign of the ROTS wave. The figures all seem pretty good except for minor issues that other have pointed out.

El Chuxter
02-15-2010, 12:27 AM
I saw a lone Willrow at Target, so that's another confirmation that it's spread beyond WM's.

DarkJedi5
02-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Still nothing for me, just ROTJ and TPM figs. I got the wave mailed to me but the AT-AT Driver has terrible paint so I want to find a good one and take it back.

morpheus282
02-15-2010, 05:57 AM
I saw most of the wave at a Target over the weekend. They also had a few of the TPM wave on the pegs.

needmore_niko
02-16-2010, 12:49 PM
I was at Target last Monday and they put up a case of the ESB wave over the weekend. They only had a few figures left and snagged a Snowtrooper. I went again on Friday and still had a few of the same ESB figures, so I'm assuming that was all put up that week. On Friday, I also went over to a Walmart south of Atlanta and buried under a pile of SW toys was the Luke Snowspeeder (which I really wanted the most). Score! I almost left and walked down the aisle and found an AT-AT and a Snowtrooper sitting with some other toys, so I got myself an AT-AT as well!

AmanaMatt
02-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Finally found a Luke snowspeeder and Concept Snowtrooper. I like the concept Snowtrooper a lot more than I thought I would

the new Snowspeeder Luke is fantastic! every issue I had with the Vintage Xwing luke has been addressed: Spot on likeness, excellent, well hidden articulation. Shoulder joints arent HUGE and ugly...! Excellent scale - short for luke

Love, love, love, love this figure. Wish hasbro did this more often. Worth every penny

El Chuxter
02-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Bloody heck... I've had such a hard time finding the Bespin Trooper and Luke, I forgot all about the Concept Snowtrooper.

Snowtrooper
02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
My brother snagged the concept snowtrooper for me the other day. It does look better in person. I haven't decided if I'll try to get a few more or not. Judging the few appearances this wave has made it may not happen.

tagmac
02-20-2010, 10:28 AM
These guys are finally showing up at TRU now. Found about two cases worth on the pegs yesterday. Only one concept trooper left, which is all I needed since finding them at WM last month, so I picked the one up. Left the rest.

Now it's time to start keeping an eye out for the next wave, which I REALLY wish wasn't confined only to TRU. The fact is, I was just plain lucky yesterday, cuz the one remaining local scalper is ALWAYS in my TRU grabbing everything.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-20-2010, 11:09 AM
These guys are finally showing up at TRU now. Found about two cases worth on the pegs yesterday. Only one concept trooper left, which is all I needed since finding them at WM last month, so I picked the one up. Left the rest.

Now it's time to start keeping an eye out for the next wave, which I REALLY wish wasn't confined only to TRU. The fact is, I was just plain lucky yesterday, cuz the one remaining local scalper is ALWAYS in my TRU grabbing everything.
I'm still looking for the previous (ROTS) wave. I'll have to get the EU wave online. Still need to find concept Snowrooper and R2-X2. I'll probably get a 2nd AT-AT driver and concept Snowtrooper if I can find them.

DarkJedi5
02-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Finally saw remnants of this wave; one ICMG and Bespin Guard and a couple of the Plo and Jawa repacks. Though I went to two stores full of Star Wars figures and only saw 8 legacy figures on the pegs. Too bad this line isn't selling.

TheDarthVader
02-22-2010, 09:16 PM
I still have not seen the alien bespin guard at retail. ???

DarkJedi5
02-22-2010, 09:25 PM
I still have not seen the alien bespin guard at retail. ???

Nor will you any time soon. I believe he was supposed to come in the EU wave which is now a TRU exclusive appearing in May. I'm not sure if he is going to be available only in those exclusive case assortments or not but there aren't going to be any more non-ESb waves released to general retail until August so I don't imagine he'll be found anywhere but in the EU wave if at all.

jonthejedi
02-23-2010, 06:14 AM
One can hope since this is a retailer exclusive(TRU), they will be getting in suffient numbers for the demand...one can hope!

sonofsokol
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
I read in some other site's Q & A yesterday that the EU wave will be the smallest run of any of the black and white carded waves and similar to the last wave that was done on the blue and white cards. That could spell trouble.

I forget which site it was since I was just jumping around looking for new Q & A posts.

Snowtrooper
02-23-2010, 12:14 PM
HTS had the ESB revision wave in stock yesterday. For the Bespin Wing Guard, they had a picture of the alien version. He's out of stock now, but I placed an order for a couple of guards(plus other items) to see what the heck I get. If I end up getting the black version that'll be fine since I wanted few more anyways.

If any of you are interested, they still have the rest of the wave in stock, plus parts of other waves like the Gungan Warrior.

El Chuxter
02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
It'd have to be the smallest run. Even if well-distributed, if it's only going to one chain, there aren't as many needed.

sonofsokol
02-23-2010, 01:59 PM
I found the Q & A I was referring to in an earlier post. It is from Yakface:

Q: There are bound to be several questions asked regarding the shocker of the last Legacy EU wave (wave 13) being set as a Toys"R"Us / online exclusve. With that troublesome news, what can be said about the production run for those figures. Were they produced in the same volume as prior waves or was there a shorter production run done to avoid costly over-stock now that the TLC line is no more?

A: Most all of the red/white Legacy Droid Factory waves have been produced in lower production volumes than in previous years in order to make sure that figures don't slow up and we can bring the next waves in. Still, despite the lower production, we have still had difficulties with getting waves to flow evenly. The EU wave will be produced in a volume similar to that of the EpII wave that came out at the end of the blue/white Legacy Droid Factory run last Spring, making it the red/white wave with the shortest production run.

pbarnard
02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
That's not so terrible news. That EpII wave is now flooding Targets and TRUs around me. Like usual, it may not be there initially, but 6 months later, it'll show up. Some how.

Old Fossil
02-25-2010, 06:01 PM
I noticed today on my carded TLC Snowtrooper that it reads "AT-AT Snowtrooper" by the UPC code. I found that rather odd.

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 03:48 PM
It'd have to be the smallest run. Even if well-distributed, if it's only going to one chain, there aren't as many needed.That's a good point, but right now TRU Hasbro exclusives are pretty hard to get due to slow distribution and sleazy employees.

TheDarthVader
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Not to mention that there is no longer a TRU store in my city. I have to drive about an hour to get to the nearest one.

DarkJedi5
03-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Are California people finding this wave? I have only glimpsed it once and I am having a really hard time finding the figures to complete this wave.

El Chuxter
03-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I can't really comment on the entire wave, but I've seen a ton of Willrows.

JediTricks
03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
All I see are the leftover figures, the older figs with HK-50 BAD parts, and not even many of them.

Ando
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
That's a good point, but right now TRU Hasbro exclusives are pretty hard to get due to slow distribution and sleazy employees.

That's unfortunate. I have found that NOT to be the case here in Portland. In the last year, most of my significant SW purchases have been at TRU, followed by Target, and a VERY distant third WM. I include exclusives and general release merchandise in that statement.

LA must be a LOT different in respect to TRU.

Tycho
03-02-2010, 02:36 AM
I can't really comment on the entire wave, but I've seen a ton of Willrows.

I'll take 5 more Wilrows!

I'll reimburse you for the figures and postage, else I can meet you in Temecula or somewhere 1/2 way and pick them up from you.

I want to complete my diorama of Baskin Robbins and I can't do it without enough guys to handle 31 flavors! :crazed:

Furthermore, I need one more Sgt. Edian - and even 1 Utriss M'Toc to handle Mall Security in the absence of a Paul Blart action figure with a Segway.

This must be a realistic diorama.

I've explained it before - Chewie and Lando, knowing Han Solo has been frozen - check all the places where you find frozen goods. You would think they weren't trying hard enough to find Han if they didn't search all the Baskin-Robbins!

That only makes perfectly good sense! :crazed:

So I really need those Wilrow Hood action figures, please!

figrin bran
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Are California people finding this wave? I have only glimpsed it once and I am having a really hard time finding the figures to complete this wave.

I've only seen remnants of this wave once and bought Luke, Wilrow, Bespin Guard and R2-X2. For the rest of the wave, minus the Snowtrooper, I had to buy either on TRU.com or Hasbro Toy shop.

The Concept Ki-Adi wave is plentiful in the local stores, however.

Val Da Car
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Saw Luke today ...1st time in the wild.

Tycho
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
What stores are you seeing these ESB figures at? (TRU, Wlmt, Tgt)

El Chuxter
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I found Luke and Edian at Target; Zuckuss, R2-X2, and Willrow at Wal-Mart. I've since seen Willrow and Edian at both. I've never seen an AT-AT Driver or Concept Snowtrooper in the wild.

Snowtrooper
03-04-2010, 07:06 PM
My HTS order arrived today and the Bespin guard was the black version, not the alien that was pictured. I was 90% sure thats the ones I'd end up with, but I thought I'd take a chance.

I also got some more AT-AT drivers, the later "helmet on" variants. Paint jobs are vastly superior to the earlier ones. It really makes a world of difference on whether this figure looks good or not. The figure has grown on me and I have to admit now I like it almost as much as the SAGA2 version.

morpheus282
03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I ran across a few from the wave today. One guard, two Zuckuss, four Willrows, and a few repacks. I didn't see any of the troopers or I probably would have gotten a few more to stuff in the AT-AT.

figrin bran
03-07-2010, 12:56 AM
My HTS order arrived today and the Bespin guard was the black version, not the alien that was pictured. I was 90% sure thats the ones I'd end up with, but I thought I'd take a chance.

I also got some more AT-AT drivers, the later "helmet on" variants. Paint jobs are vastly superior to the earlier ones. It really makes a world of difference on whether this figure looks good or not. The figure has grown on me and I have to admit now I like it almost as much as the SAGA2 version.

I took that same chance with the Bespin Guards on HTS but have not received my order yet. I'm pretty sure I won't get the alien guard.

El Chuxter
03-07-2010, 01:19 AM
I would think that would be enough to return it. It's not what's pictured, so....

Tycho
03-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I got the black Bespin Guard at Wal-Mart last night. I have to compare him with my previous one, as there is a recurring problem with older figures being re-carded and returned by someone upgrading their collection at my local stores.

But it doesn't appear tampered with and I think I am done with this figure.

I still need 5 Wilrow Hoods.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I picked up an extra Willrow Hood and Edian at Target yesterday. Still need the concept Snowtrooper (perhaps 2) and R2-X2, as well as an extra AT-AT Driver.

El Chuxter
03-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm noticing this wave has suddenly dried up around here, including Willrow. I hope more show up soon.

Tycho
03-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I got my 2nd black Bespin Guard (Edian) at Wal-Mart last night. I'm done with this figure and am waiting for the Utriss M'Toc variation (need just 1).

I would love to find 5 Wilrow Hoods. I haven't seen them in a while myself. This could result in a catostrophic shortage of ice cream in the galaxy.

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I still haven't seen Willrow yet.

The TRU by my house got a shipment of this wave in that had UPC stickers over the existing UPC. The new UPCs weren't in the system, which wasted 11 minutes of my life. I wonder if that's related to the upcoming TRU-exclusive wave.

DarkJedi5
03-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Saw the entire wave today at retail! Well, almost all of them. I saw everything, even the repacks. Except the one figure I wanted, the AT-AT Driver. So frustrating!

figrin bran
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I got my 2nd black Bespin Guard (Edian) at Wal-Mart last night. I'm done with this figure and am waiting for the Utriss M'Toc variation (need just 1).

I would love to find 5 Wilrow Hoods. I haven't seen them in a while myself. This could result in a catostrophic shortage of ice cream in the galaxy.

Tycho, I don't mind trying to help you get some of those 5 Wilrows but I've only seen one of them. Plus the revision cases don't have Wilrow at all.

El Chuxter
03-07-2010, 10:24 PM
T, I told you I'd look for Willie, and, if I find one (or five) again, I'll grab them for you.

Tycho
03-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks guys. I'll post in both this thread and the LA Just Found thread when I obtain any.

Right now I'm still fresh out of ice cream! :mad:

mtriv73
03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
The only thing I've seen sticking around on the pegs from this wave is Zuckuss (which really surprises me since it's good figure.) I finally broke down and bought a concept snowtrooper on E-bay. I had to pay twice what it was worth (including shipping,) but it's better than not finding it at all. I think Hasbro slammed the brakes on too hard with this wave and seriously underestimated what the market would absorb.

I've gotten 4 at-at drivers (3 from hts and 1 at wm) and all the Luke snowspeeder pilots I've seen (which is still only 2.) I also picked up an extra R2-X2.

I can keep my eyes peeded for more Willrows for you too tycho, but they are going pretty quick around here.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
The retailers are the ones who slammed on the brakes.

Darth Metalmute
03-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I finally found the enitre ESB wave last night. Picked up Luke, Snowtrooper, Concept Trooper, and AT-AT Driver. Almost got an enitre HK-50. They had Hood and Bespin guard, but I passed. Would have picked up Zucass but he came with a leg instead of an arm.