PDA

View Full Version : My Cats Won The Pet-of-the-Month Award at my Apartment Complex!

Tycho
12-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I opened my front door to find a large blow-up of the picture attached in an envelope addressed to Isabel and Angel informing them that they are the December winners of the Pet-Of-The-Month-Award at my apartment complex.

I submitted their entry for them in October, thinking that because they are black cats, they might win for Halloween. But maybe it has to do with December being my birthday month? I don't know.

But Isabel (the smaller one) and Angel won a basket / carriage they can sleep in, filled with food and toys and grooming tools and supplies.

I think I'll take Angel with me to accept her prize tomorrow and make her acceptance speech. Isabel undoubtedly has more work to do in order to ensure I never get any of my security deposit back, plus it's hard to handle both of them at the same time. Though I may try.

When informed of their status as winners, Isabel was quoted as saying "[Feed me. Then I need to poop.]" Angel responded, "[You dare woke me up for THAT?!]"

Here's a picture. They are 10 year-old sisters.

Tycho
12-02-2009, 09:02 AM
My cats are both girls.

sebillba
12-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Congrats Josh, that's a lovely pair of pussies you've got there! A well deserved win.

I'm in Spain at the moment, and really missing my two, Raymond (the ginger & white persian) and Dinah (the birman).

Rocketboy
12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
My cats are both girls.It's like you replied to someone that posted something crazy while drunk but now the post has been removed.

Weird.

Tycho
12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah. That is weird. However, if that happened, I might have plead a case for drunk individuals posting to keep them out of trouble - and have them sent some coffee!

2-1B
12-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Really? Awards for resident pets?

Tycho
12-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Yes. I'm sure they win prize money for the apartment complex in the area of non-refundable security deposits by virtue of being champions in the game of "destructo-rug."

We're talking about them shredding at their sport ;)

Isabel's also a pro at projectile vomitting competitions.